A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Slang - henderlor

Posted: Jul 04, 2013

When "migs per kig" is dictated does it mean mcg/kg or mg/kg.

migs per kig - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Usually when it's mcg, they dictate what sounds like "mikes" and when it's mg, they dictate "migs." When in doubt, I always Google what they're dictating to make sure it matches up. If I still have any doubt, I flag it. HTH!

Similar Messages:

Is This Slang?
Oct 12, 2010

she sometimes "gets off on a tangent" and stutters Would you change it or leave it? thanks! ...

Tracheostomy Slang
Dec 06, 2010

When a doctor dictates for a tracheostomy and says "trach", is it trach or trache?  Also, is it okay to type trach or trache, or should you put tracheostomy? Thanks. ...

Slang Term: Reo?
Mar 17, 2014

Hi - This dictator keeps referring to the patient being seen by s/l rio (reo? reho?).  I am thinking this has something to do with postop PT/OT, anesthesia, epidural.  Patient is recovering from orthopedic surgery and "rio" keeps coming in to see them on a daily basis. Any assistance would be most appreciated!!  Thank you in advance! ...

Doctor Slang Word
Mar 31, 2011

The doctor is saying: He will undergo the procedure with the s/l perbazo that this may increase his sugars. I'm having trouble finding this word on google and I know I've heard it before but just can't put my finger on it. Thanks so much for any help! ...

Slang In Blood Test Results.
Nov 28, 2009

I am sort of a newbie and have been doing clinic work for a couple different specialties for about a year now.  I am trying to help out with oncology over the weekend.  I know this is a probably a stupid question, but should I leave this like this or replace the slang with the full terms?  Thanks.  Differential includes 69 segs, 1 band, 20 lymphs, 8 monos, 1 eo, 1 meta.  ...

Hand Cramps Used As Slang For Quotes?
Feb 16, 2010

This is an elderly dictator.  CHIEF COMPLAINT:  Hand cramps.  I think I have a UTI.  The rest of the report goes on to talk about abdominal problems and doesn't mention the hands.  I already have "I think I have a UTI" in quotes, but is the hand cramps part some sort of slang for quotation marks, or should I leave it in there?  Thanks.  ...

Where Do You Find List Of Things Considered Slang Terms For SS
Feb 09, 2012

Cannot find ...

Is This A New Doctors "slang" That I Haven't Heard
Feb 15, 2010

Is this some kind of doctorize for ligament laxity, or something else entirely?? Would welcome any help here. Examination under moderate sedation showed a positive Lachman, questionable s/l "lilax" (not relax) posterior cruciate and lateral collateral and a third-degree MCL. ...

"K Bath" - ?slang, Legit-sm
Mar 24, 2010

Context:  renal patient with hypokalemia.  "I will give a single dose of potassium and adjust his K bath".  ...

Not Sure If This Is A Word Or A Slang Word A Doctor Is Using
Dec 15, 2009

I am doing a diction of and Gasto Operative report on a patient who is having a End colostmy and Hartmann pouch resection! The doctor keeps dictating the work "parin"  Example:   Take down colostomy with segmental sigmoid resection and low pelvic EA stabled rectosigmoid anastomosis parin 31 mm end parin.   I have referenced this in many ways and still come up with nothing... Does anyone have  a clue what this is or what it means Thank you ...

"tap" For Ascites - ?slang - Sm
Jun 27, 2011

I've been transcribing this word for years and it dawned on me that I've never verified it anywhere.  Is it slang and we should substitute/recast or is it acceptable medical terminology?  "Massive ascites; status post therapeutic tap."  "Ultrasound revealed a great deal of ascitic fluid and the patient was tapped." Thanks.  ...