A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Correct format for typing the Axis i thru Axis V diagnoses part of an evaluation - krimmer

Posted: Oct 30, 2009

Can someone tell me the correct way to type the Axis I through Axis V diagnoses part of an eval/progress note?  I need to know the spacing, tabbing and punctuation.  For example:

Axis I:     315.00       Reading disorder

Axis II:    V71.09       No diagnosis on

Axis III:                

Axis IV:                     Family stressors

Axis V:                      Current GAF = 59

Is there a period after the name of the diagnoses on Axis I and II?  Are the DSM-IV codes lined up and then the name of the diagnosis tabbed over? 

If someone can send me a link on the web where I can look and see an example and also have something to forward to my "boss" I would greatly appreciate it! 

Don't have a link, but this is how the psychiatric - HT

[ In Reply To ..]
hospital I work for does it.

Axis I: (tab) XXX.XX, diagnosis.
Axis II: (tab) XXX.XX, diagnosis.
XXX.XX, diagnosis.
Axis III: (tab)ccccc
cccc
cccc
(no numbering of these diagnoses, just lined up with tab)
Axis IV: (tab) xxxx
Axis V: (tab) Global Assessment of
Functioning xxx. (We do
not abbreviate because
it is in diagnosis)

Of course, these did not line up correctly, however - HT

[ In Reply To ..]
everything after Axis is lined up under tab and if more than one line we line it up also.

P.S. Yes, we put periods at the end of the diagnoses. (NM) - HT

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Axis V
Mar 04, 2013

Under the diagnosis heading, in Axis V: GAF 58 (s/l atron durations). Does anyone know what he could be saying? ...

Axis III Diagnosis
Nov 13, 2009

Axis III diagnosis, sounds like: History of left "corioma" of uncertain clinical significance.   any help is appreciated. ...

Axis Or Axes
Mar 08, 2011

I cannot find anything to tell me whether it is axis or axes.  I believe its axis, but just not sure.  The sentence reads. The corneal limbus was marked for 35 degrees superiorly and inferiorly along the 075-degree axis.   ...

Axis Or Access?
May 06, 2012

I'm typing an op report for a shoulder mass excision, and I'm not sure which word the doc is saying... The planned oblique skin incision along the longitudinal axis (or access?) of the mass was sterilely infiltrated with 1% Carbocaine solution and the skin incision made. I'm assuming axis, but not 100% confident. Thanks! ...

Axis Or Excess?
Aug 24, 2012

multiple myeloma with high-risk cytogenetics (_____ 1q25). ...

On EKG, He Gives Axis Measurement In Degrees, Then
Aug 04, 2010

says, "eighteen slash ten slash three four," and I am not sure how to transcribe the last part.  I am a long-time transcriptionist but have never heard the measurements given that way, so any help from you cardiology gurus would be much appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Sparing Of The Visual Axis
Feb 23, 2011

It sounds like the doc is saying "There is symphony sparing of the visual axis" Any suggestions or is this correct? ...

Axis Versus Access
Apr 27, 2011

"The resected surfaces are coapted, and 0 degree mechanical axis has been achieved."    This is a knee replacement, and he says this twice. Do you think he is saying axis or access?  thanks! ...

Writing Axis Numbers
Dec 05, 2011

is  it six o'clock axis or 6 o'clock axis and then what is the correct way of 6:30 o'clock axis or six-thirty o'clock axis or is it 6:30 axis or six-thirty axis?????  Whew!!! ...

Psychiatric AXIS I Formatting
May 31, 2013

Greetings, I recently got a gig for Psychiatric clinic and I am a little confused as to the accepted formatting for DSM diagnoses under AXIS I...  Here is what I have been doing, and it's different from examples I've seen online... I'm thinking I learned my current style from either CareerStep or working for Nuance; however, I'm not sure...  My clinic doesn't really have any concrete formatting guidelines, but I want to be using best practices nonetheless. &nbs ...

Mental Status Exam Axis I
Nov 02, 2011

Mental status review, axis I diagnosis sounds like "frontal auget disorder, mild" or "formal augete disorder, mild?"  I could be way off but that is what it sounds like??? Any help??? Thanks!   ...

Eye Surgery - S/l Tha Ridge An Encroaching Upon The Visual Axis Of The Left Side
Aug 12, 2011

Eye exam - pt has a large s/l tha ridge an encroaching upon the visual axis of the left side. This will be repaired by s/l bicuspid allister technique...?  ...

Preoperative Diagnoses Format
Oct 29, 2010

I know when there are more than 1 diagnoses, you list each one separately.  How do you handle it when the dictator gives 4 separate diagnoses, then "etiology to be determined" at the end?  List everything under 1 dx, or list "etiology to be determined" as a separate dx?  Thanks. ...

Is "AXIS II" In Psychiatry Always Diagnosis Deferred?
Aug 10, 2010

Is "AXIS II" in psychiatry always Diagnosis Deferred? ...

Total Thyroidectomy, S/l Harmonic Axis, Not Harmonic
Dec 18, 2014

I cant document Harmonic Axis anywhere. ...

Correct Way To Format Autopap?
Mar 27, 2010

Anyone know the correct way to format autopap? Is it AutoPAP, AutoPap, autoPAP, etc.? I can't find this in my references and I see it many ways online. TIA! ...

Correct Format Of A Phrase
Mar 10, 2012

How would you correctly write " he has 3 to 4 minus out of 5 in strength in bilateral hip flexors left worse than right." ...

Axis Wire Vs Access Wire
Apr 19, 2013

In podiatry op note, doc dictates axis wire (I am sure that it is axis wire), but my QA always changes it to access wire.  I tried to convince him that it is axis and not access, but he is not convinced.  Can anyone help me in providing any realiable documentation to prove it. ...

He Says "AXIS I Adjustment Disorder. Paragraph. Psychogenic Amnesia. Should "psychogenic A
Sep 08, 2010

He says "AXIS I - Adjustment disorder. paragraph. Psychogenic amnesia. Should "psychogenic amnesia" be AXIS II? ...

TTS- They Are Part Of Nuance Now, Correct?
Feb 09, 2015

The reason I ask is I just saw a job opening out of purportedly Livonia, Michigan.  I thought possibly it was an in-hospital job.  Since I'm in that area, I was a little excited.  Then it sent me to a link that said TTS.....  I don't know anything about them, except what I see on this board.  Isn't that Transcend and didn't they get gobbled up by Nuance?   Anyway, the good news is, Miley didn't stick her tongue out last night.  Lol. & ...

Cariza? In An ENT Evaluation
May 15, 2011

In an ENT evaluation the doc is saying what sounds like coriza.  She has a white patch on her tongue if that helps. Positive for sore mouth, sore throat, and a little _____. ...

Help Please With A Neuropsych Evaluation (sm)
Jun 10, 2011

I am unable to clearly hear the word that he is dictating because of course his mouth is all over the dictaphone but it is dictated as .....   "It was concluded from the history and physical examination that the patient had vestibular dysfunction, posibly post-traumatic and possibly S/L viruable."   Thanks so much for any input! ...

Lumbar Spine Evaluation
Nov 07, 2012

She has fair active forward flexion activities of the lumbar spine without positive ______________ (s/l help) signs upon spinal extension ...

Tia And Neurological Evaluation S/L Hemizonal
Jan 05, 2015

The patient has TIA with S/L left hemizonal weakness.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks ...

Weekly ASR Production Assessment/Evaluation
Jan 04, 2011

What ever happened to our weekly assessment/review of our ASR production?  I received 1 evaluation back in November around Thanksgiving and have not received another one.  Am I wrong in thinking we were supposed to get one weekly.  Has anyone gotten any more than their original one?  Maybe I was so good, they just said, she doesnt need it, LOL  My guess, they realized how much it was going to cost them to pay someone to do this and nixed it already. ...

FIESA Quality Evaluation Tool
Feb 25, 2015

Can any one tell me where can I get this tool from? ...

Folecodiagnosit Study? Henual Addhension Cardiolite Evaluation?
Nov 09, 2009

Ongoing care from an internal medical standpoint should include continued neurological evaluation with folecodiagnositc study, continued psychiatric counseling and possible medication and at least henual addension cardiolite evaluation for myocardial ischemia ...

How Many Diagnoses? Or All One?
Oct 22, 2009

DIAGNOSIS:  BILATERAL SECOND METATARSALGIA WITH HAMMERTOES TWO THROUGH FOUR ON THE RIGHT, AND HAMMERTOES TWO ON THE LEFT TIA. ...

How Many Diagnoses I Have 3 But Not Sure
Mar 25, 2010

1.  CALCANEAL CYST  2.  PERONEUS BREVIS AND PERONEUS LONGUS TEARS    3.  STATUS POST EXPLORATION OF THE PERONEAL TENDONS WITH DEBRIDEMENT AND          REPAIR OF BOTH PERONEUS LONGUS AND PERONEUS BREVIS TENDONS, AND        DEBRIDEMENT OF CYST IN THE CALCANEUS   tia. Sorry for all caps but that is how we are suppose to type it. ...

Should This Be 2 Diagnoses?
Mar 27, 2010

The doctor says it as one. tia.   1.  RIGHT DISTAL RADIUS FRACTURE 2.  POSSIBLE SCHAPHOID FRACTURE   ...