A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TTS- They are part of Nuance now, correct? - SM

Posted: Feb 09, 2015

The reason I ask is I just saw a job opening out of purportedly Livonia, Michigan.  I thought possibly it was an in-hospital job.  Since I'm in that area, I was a little excited.  Then it sent me to a link that said TTS.....  I don't know anything about them, except what I see on this board.  Isn't that Transcend and didn't they get gobbled up by Nuance?

Anyway, the good news is, Miley didn't stick her tongue out last night.  Lol.  So relieved.  

Never mind. I mistook them for Transcend. Apologies. - Disregard

[ In Reply To ..]
x

TTS - Bidingtime

[ In Reply To ..]
Careful with TTS. Don't expect to get all the hours you are scheduled to work on the schedule you sign up for.

They state that they don't overhire for accounts, which may or may not be true. Workload starts to rise a little, they panic, email or call everyone on the account asking them to give extra, and that cleans out the tank and leaves nothing for your regular shift.

So you show up for your shift, have no work, may have a buildup of work later in the shift but not enough extra to make up what you've missed so that you just finish out your shift (short hours), then the work may or may not build after your shift, they call everyone to come help put out the fire, and it starts all over again...ad nauseum.

That is called TAT and MT --now anyway - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

Correct Format For Typing The Axis I Thru Axis V Diagnoses Part Of An Evaluation
Oct 30, 2009

Can someone tell me the correct way to type the Axis I through Axis V diagnoses part of an eval/progress note?  I need to know the spacing, tabbing and punctuation.  For example: Axis I:     315.00       Reading disorder Axis II:    V71.09       No diagnosis on Axis III:                 Axis IV: &nbs ...

TTS A Part Of Nuance?
Aug 23, 2013

Does anyone know if TTS is a part of Nuance or in the process of?  Thank you. ...

How Many Companies Are Part Of Nuance?
Feb 09, 2011

I was just reading another thread which makes me wonder how many companies are part of Nuance?  I take it Focus, OSI, Encompass,  some connection with Webmedx (maybe just with overflow), SGS, Execuscribe, Meditech.  Any others?  I'd really like to know because it seems every time I tried in the past to look for a new job I ended up applying with the same basic MTSO, though different names.  Is there any way to find out the names of the MTSOs that get swall ...

NUANCE NIGHTMARE! PART 2 : (
May 03, 2011

Just got a crapload of rules, regulations, and BS from Nuance supervisor. I need an accountant and lawyer to interpret this junk.   If Nuance spent as much getting new accounts as they do on creating garbage names for their new "improved" way of doing things, we could all make money and quit reading notices from Nuance with all kinds of disclaimers.  Blah!  Garbage in, garbage out to Nuance with their formulas, incentives, and BS to hide the fact they are cutting pay while shippi ...

Part Time With Nuance
May 18, 2012

I am considering a part time position with this company. As a part time employee, I was expecting the hours to be 4 hours a day, but a friend of mine also with Nuance says part time involves 8 hours on either Sat. or Sun. I was expecting and perfectly OK with 4 hours on the weekend, like any other day a part time person would normally work. Why would they expect a part time person to work 8 hours on a day when the dictation is coming in at a lesser rate than M-F if a weekend day is a normal w ...

Nuance Part Time
Dec 06, 2012

Anyone working for Nuance ever cut back to part time, 4 hours a day?  Not making enuf working for this MTSO so am getting a 2nd job.  Interview tomorrow with medical records at local hospital.  Hoping it leads to an in-house transcription job (they also have off-site).  Should have some luck with acute care, pathology and radiology backgrounds, I HOPE... ...

Is Accentus Part Of Nuance?
Apr 03, 2013

Is Accentus part of Nuance? ...

Is Transtech Part Of Nuance?
May 07, 2013

x ...

Is Amphion Part Of Nuance?
Sep 12, 2013

I work for Amphion and I'm generally happy with it. That said, I've seen on here before that Amphion is part of Nuance. Then in one of my emails recently I saw the name Nuance mentioned (in reference to workload). Is that true? That kinda makes me a little uneasy seeing that MM and N are the top two undesirables (that's putting it nicely). I've read through the Nuance postings and see alot of negative comments and I am wondering if some of that applies to Amphion MTs too. My ...

What's With All These Webmedx Now Part Of Nuance Job Ads All Over The Internet?
Dec 05, 2011

The AD claims  they are “Best in KLAS”, AHDI Employer of the Year and still offer a production based incentive bonus? With everything we are hearing about Nuance taking them over and Nuances pay and bonus plan referred on here as  low. Especially the nuance quality based incentive bonus that has their own employees griping about on this forum. Yet Webmedx now taken over by Nuance is still advertising a production based bonus plan? Whats that all about?? ...

Nuance Benefits For Part Time
Mar 05, 2012

What do they offer?  I read here on this board that you do receive medical, dental, and vision, but does anyone know what else?  ...

Does Nuance Hire Part-time?
Mar 21, 2012

I just had interview with Softscript and found out that they do not hire any part-time MT's.  Here they let me do testing and go to all that trouble and never even looked at my application, where I distinctly siad I wanted only part-time.  Just shows how much they look at your application.  So I am wondering now if Nuance hires that way.  If not then this is probably a waste of time too.   Very frustrating that these companies do not let you know up front.  ...

Part-time Accentus/Nuance
Feb 18, 2013

I currently work for Nuance and am looking for part time work. Accentus is hiring but I heard Nuance bought them out. So, are they still separate and I can apply? or would I in fact be working for the same company?  Getting desparate for a PT job as Nuance is not cutting it with having to stick to the 8 hous a day.  Thanks ...

Does Nuance Still Hire Part Time People?
Dec 16, 2011

Thanks for your time! ...

Does Nuance Hire Part-time Weekdays? I Already
Jul 09, 2012

have a great part-time job on the weekends I don't want to give up, but I'd like to pick up some part-time work during the week.  TIA for any info! ...

Does Nuance Offer Health Insurance To Part Timers?
Feb 23, 2012

Does anyone know if Nuance offers health insurance for part-time employees?  If so, approximately how much does it cost? ...

What Happens At Nuance If You Are Part-time And Cannot Always Make Line Count?
Apr 26, 2013

I can do it most of the time, but every now and then I miss it, sometimes by as much as 20 lines per hour. I have had 1 email asking that I use my time more productively and make the line count. I actually do use my time as productively as I can. I admit, although I have done this for years, I am not great with VR editing. Also, with the high standards and deductions in FIESA, I really listen and listen again to much of my transcription so I don't fall below wanted numbers there. I am doing ...

Even If Nuance Were To Announce A Raise, The Part They Fail To Mention Is That
Nov 04, 2014

Contracts are renegotiated regularly, so even if you were on an account that did not permit offshoring at any point in the past, you will sign in one day and discover WTs missing that you used to type and can watch whole blocks of reports disappear from your queue.  Nuance's survival depends upon this, and they don't care diddly squat about yours. So, dream on...and on...and on about line rates, bonuses being easier to get because of less nitpicking, etc., it isn't going to ...

CMT Exam - How Many Questions Are Asked In Part I (theory) And Part II
Jul 28, 2010

I am planning to take my CMT exams in a couple of months. A couple of queries - How many questions are asked in part I (theory) and part II (transcription performance)? What is the passing grade? Any information will be helpful. Thanks! ...

Nuance: From Full-time To Part-time
Apr 26, 2012

Would anyone be willing to post info on this? I am considering switching to part-time. Wondering how amenable the company is to such requests. If you have done this, were you able to keep same schedule or were you forced into a different schedule? Thanks for any thoughts! ...

Nuance - Part Time To Full Time?
Aug 08, 2012

I see the post about going from full to part time, but what about the opposite?  For example, if I get hired at 30 hours per week and I have extra time available for a few weeks, can I consistently work more hours than those scheduled 30 hours?  Thanks for any insight you can give. ...

What's The Hour And Line Count Differences Between Part Time And Flex Part Time?
Jan 12, 2012

I'm currently flex part time only working 18 hours a week but I do have a set schedule.  What are the requirments for part-time and how may hours per week do you have to work.  Also, is there a difference between the line counts for part time and flex part time. Thanks. ...

Which One Is Correct? Q.4h Or Q.4 H ?
Nov 10, 2009

n/m ...

Is This The Correct Way Sm
Nov 13, 2009

to type (tibial tubercle plasty) tia. ...

Does This Seem To Be Correct?
Nov 14, 2009

If we do come to surgery, we would probably do both at the same time and do it under an **epidural spinal/epidural anesthetic **in attempt to reduce her risk for recurrent problems there.   This is exactly how he says it in between the ** tia. ...

Is This Correct??? Help!
Nov 29, 2009

"Wound was subsequently closed with 5-4 Ethilon sutures in an interrupted fashion. " The dictator is clearly saying 5-4 Ethilon sutures, not 5-0 or 4-0. Can anyone confirm that?     ...

Does This Look Correct?
Feb 04, 2010

***has chronic kidney disease stage IV with an estimated GFR of 19 mL/min per 1.3 m2.   I am mostly concerned about the 1.3 meters squared.  Is this correct?  ...

S/l Via Can This Be Correct
Feb 22, 2010

At this point, due to the failure of conservative measures, we have discussed proceeding with a subacromial decompression via arthroscopy. tia. ...

Please Tell Me If This Is Correct...
Mar 03, 2010

Doc says this exactly but I'm not sure what "chromogen" has to do with BCP.   "Ortho Tri-Cyclen, she takes that regularly now, chromogen birth control pills." ...

Pen Vee-K, Pen VK, Or...Which Is Correct?
Jun 26, 2011

Is there a correct way to transcribe this?  In all of my research, I've seen it Penicillin V-K, Pen Vee-K, Pen V-K, Pen VK, you name it, I've seen it. Does anyone if all of these are acceptable or is there an absolute correct way to transcribe it? TIA and have a great Sunday! ...