A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Axis or access? - TK

Posted: May 06, 2012

I'm typing an op report for a shoulder mass excision, and I'm not sure which word the doc is saying...

The planned oblique skin incision along the longitudinal axis (or access?) of the mass was sterilely infiltrated with 1% Carbocaine solution and the skin incision made.

I'm assuming axis, but not 100% confident.

Thanks!

axis is correct - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Thanks! - TK

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Similar Messages:

Axis Versus Access
Apr 27, 2011

"The resected surfaces are coapted, and 0 degree mechanical axis has been achieved."    This is a knee replacement, and he says this twice. Do you think he is saying axis or access?  thanks! ...

Axis Wire Vs Access Wire
Apr 19, 2013

In podiatry op note, doc dictates axis wire (I am sure that it is axis wire), but my QA always changes it to access wire.  I tried to convince him that it is axis and not access, but he is not convinced.  Can anyone help me in providing any realiable documentation to prove it. ...

Correct Format For Typing The Axis I Thru Axis V Diagnoses Part Of An Evaluation
Oct 30, 2009

Can someone tell me the correct way to type the Axis I through Axis V diagnoses part of an eval/progress note?  I need to know the spacing, tabbing and punctuation.  For example: Axis I:     315.00       Reading disorder Axis II:    V71.09       No diagnosis on Axis III:                 Axis IV: &nbs ...

Axis V
Mar 04, 2013

Under the diagnosis heading, in Axis V: GAF 58 (s/l atron durations). Does anyone know what he could be saying? ...

Axis III Diagnosis
Nov 13, 2009

Axis III diagnosis, sounds like: History of left "corioma" of uncertain clinical significance.   any help is appreciated. ...

Axis Or Axes
Mar 08, 2011

I cannot find anything to tell me whether it is axis or axes.  I believe its axis, but just not sure.  The sentence reads. The corneal limbus was marked for 35 degrees superiorly and inferiorly along the 075-degree axis.   ...

Axis Or Excess?
Aug 24, 2012

multiple myeloma with high-risk cytogenetics (_____ 1q25). ...

On EKG, He Gives Axis Measurement In Degrees, Then
Aug 04, 2010

says, "eighteen slash ten slash three four," and I am not sure how to transcribe the last part.  I am a long-time transcriptionist but have never heard the measurements given that way, so any help from you cardiology gurus would be much appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Sparing Of The Visual Axis
Feb 23, 2011

It sounds like the doc is saying "There is symphony sparing of the visual axis" Any suggestions or is this correct? ...

Writing Axis Numbers
Dec 05, 2011

is  it six o'clock axis or 6 o'clock axis and then what is the correct way of 6:30 o'clock axis or six-thirty o'clock axis or is it 6:30 axis or six-thirty axis?????  Whew!!! ...

Psychiatric AXIS I Formatting
May 31, 2013

Greetings, I recently got a gig for Psychiatric clinic and I am a little confused as to the accepted formatting for DSM diagnoses under AXIS I...  Here is what I have been doing, and it's different from examples I've seen online... I'm thinking I learned my current style from either CareerStep or working for Nuance; however, I'm not sure...  My clinic doesn't really have any concrete formatting guidelines, but I want to be using best practices nonetheless. &nbs ...

Mental Status Exam Axis I
Nov 02, 2011

Mental status review, axis I diagnosis sounds like "frontal auget disorder, mild" or "formal augete disorder, mild?"  I could be way off but that is what it sounds like??? Any help??? Thanks!   ...

Eye Surgery - S/l Tha Ridge An Encroaching Upon The Visual Axis Of The Left Side
Aug 12, 2011

Eye exam - pt has a large s/l tha ridge an encroaching upon the visual axis of the left side. This will be repaired by s/l bicuspid allister technique...?  ...

Access To Old Reports
Mar 05, 2010

I got an email yesterday stating that we would have access to old reports the way that QA does so we can look back to a specific patient's history to find something that might help us fill in blanks.   This is supposed to be in effect today. So I followed the instructions I got in the email, but I just can't figure out what it means.  I seems like it is just to print out instructions on how to do this, but I can't seem to find where we actually pull this informatio ...

Still Cannot Access Old Reports.
Mar 15, 2010

Ready to throw in the towel.  My line count is next to nil because I have spent an hour trying to figure out how to access old reports.  I can go into QA no problem, but want to find certain dictator reports.    WHATEVER!  Man this job sucks and I do not even get paid for trying to do right and care about my reports.  ...

How Can I Access The Repository?
Nov 03, 2010

How can I access the repository? ...

How To Access Samples
Dec 09, 2010

DocQmanage: When you log onto DQM, add "dep" (no quotes) behind your ATP number. That will take you into a DQM area where you can search the MedQuist database by dictator, account, and the area from which you want to draw a sample, e.g., operative report or clinic (numerous specialities). The first time you use this area of DQM with the dep marker, you must have called customer support to allow access. Hasn't your CCM told you about this or is it reseved for certain MT levels? In reply to ...

UltiPro Access
Jan 15, 2011

Did I miss the email on how to get into UltiPro?  Does anyone know how I get in there, like what we use for company ID, employee password, etc.  ...

How To Access UltiPro ?????
Oct 12, 2011

Questions -  How to access UltiPro (or is it Ulitpro ) ?????  Does anyone know if we are "required" to use the new computers we are getting soon if we have our own private one and are fine with it ?   TIA !  ...

Which Website Is It Where We Can Access The
Mar 23, 2014

thanks! ...

Access Fiesa
May 07, 2014

anybody else having trouble accessing Fiesa? Just need to check account specifics and those little blue dots just keep circling the 100%!! :)  same thing happened last night.  Thanks ...

Using Pc To Access Dial-in System
Jul 13, 2010

I am trying to use pc to record dictations over the phone line.  I can connect to the dial-in system, but do not know what to use to type in my user ID and to sign off on each report as they are finished recording. ...

Anyone But Me Unable To Access MQ Central? Sm
Dec 06, 2010

All I get when I try is the message..."internet eplorer cannot display the webpage."  It is not my computer as I tried this on both the MQ Computer and my laptop.  ...

At Q, Can All Access Documanage? MT And Editors
Feb 16, 2011

x ...

Can I Access Markers In ExpressScribe?
May 08, 2012

When a doctor uses markers at the beginning of each patient's dication in a recording, how can I access those in Express Scribe when listening to it? I have e-mailed the company twice, and the first reply was totally unrelated to my question. There was no reply to the second query. I am currently using the free dl version of ExpressScribe but would glady upgrade to the $30 version if I was sure I could access the markers. Thanks for any help! ...

The Transcription Doctors-anyone Have Access
Oct 10, 2012

I cannot work for TTD, no access to the account now.  Is anyone else locked out?  no answer to my e-mails, so frustrating. ...

Looking For Threat About 3-T And Computer Access-sm
Oct 16, 2012

Can someone direct me to the thread talking about Turnaround Time Transcription and the discussion about their having access to your computer without your permission.  I am trying to determine if this is true or not.  Someone had posted that they need your permission first before they could access your computer which I am hoping is true.  Does anyone else have a fear of their privacy being invaded as a home-based MT?  Has anyone actually had a bad experience in that regard? & ...

Unable To Access Email As Well, Anyone Else?
Oct 31, 2012

getting invalid user name and/or password, anyone else with this issue?  ...

Unable To Access E-mail?
Oct 29, 2012

Anyone else unable to access our work email? ...

Survey - Do You Have Access To Chart?
Apr 28, 2014

I'm wondering how many MTs out there have access to patient charts.  As of now, I do and it's very helpful in looking up vitals, lab values, and doctors' names that the dictator invariably mumbles.  The company I work for will soon remove that access to MTs, and I'm wondering if this is a new HIPAA requirement or if we are moving to a platform that simply does not support it.  They are saying that it is because of HIPAA, but I think it's ridiculous to take ...