A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Lumbar spine evaluation - distraction

Posted: Nov 07, 2012

She has fair active forward flexion activities of the lumbar spine without positive ______________ (s/l help) signs upon spinal extension

that sounds right - ICManiac

[ In Reply To ..]
I transcribe a lot of flexion/extension exams and while I have not personally heard it phrased that way, I think it makes perfect sense. What I do hear is whether or not the patient can extend WITHOUT help. An example would be by using his/her hands to push against the legs to return to an upright position.

Lumbar spine evaluation - distraction

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you. I was thinking along the lines of an acronym, but you have a good point.
This dictator has used that term before and I have had to flag it both times, frustrating.

Similar Messages:

X-ray Of The Lumbar Spine
Nov 30, 2010

Total (sat ?) images of the lumbar spine were performed. ...

Lumbar Spine X-ray
Sep 27, 2011

An evaluation of her spine on 08/04/11 with an x-ray revealed a retrolisthesis of L3-L4 with a s/l disk-I-S.  Thanks . ...

Radiology MRI Lumbar Spine
Sep 15, 2010

There are (S/L paired) pedicle screws and posterior fusion rods at L4, L5 and S1 with resulting susceptibility artifact. Thank you in advance... ...

Lumbar Spine With A Blithe?
Jan 13, 2011

Hello! :) I am transcribing radiology reports, and the dictator starts off with something that sounds like: "Lumbar spine (with a blithe/blythe)." Any idea what the "with a blithe, " might be? ~Lotte Hello! :) I am transcribing radiology reports, and the dictator starts off with something that sounds like: "Lumbar spine (with a blithe/blythe)." Any idea what the "with a blithe, " might be? ~Lotte ...

Lumbar Spine: String Of S/l My-ileal Central Cord
Jun 12, 2011

THANKS! ...

On Lumbar Spine MRI, S/l Retro Frageers Signal Abnormality.
Nov 30, 2011

MRI of the lumbar spine demonstrates no evidence of any drop metastases.  There is an incidental note of s/l retro frag eers signal abnormality.  (or right rofrag eers) ...

Lateral S/l "tenangeric" Process (lumbar Spine/hip Views)
Mar 15, 2011

views of lumbar spine and hips - s/l tenangeric process ...

Lumbar Spine MRI "short Town Version" Recovery??
Oct 03, 2014

An MRI of the lumbar spine was performed demonstrating an acute L2 compression deformity seen on positive s/l "short town version" recovery.   ??? Any ideas? ...

Lumbar Disc Or Lumbar Disk- Which Is Correct-- Sm
Jul 09, 2011

Which is the correct way to transcribe this -- lumbar disc or lumbar disk -- I have been transcribing 4-ever and typed it disc but was recently told it is disk??  ...

Cariza? In An ENT Evaluation
May 15, 2011

In an ENT evaluation the doc is saying what sounds like coriza.  She has a white patch on her tongue if that helps. Positive for sore mouth, sore throat, and a little _____. ...

Help Please With A Neuropsych Evaluation (sm)
Jun 10, 2011

I am unable to clearly hear the word that he is dictating because of course his mouth is all over the dictaphone but it is dictated as .....   "It was concluded from the history and physical examination that the patient had vestibular dysfunction, posibly post-traumatic and possibly S/L viruable."   Thanks so much for any input! ...

Tia And Neurological Evaluation S/L Hemizonal
Jan 05, 2015

The patient has TIA with S/L left hemizonal weakness.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks ...

Weekly ASR Production Assessment/Evaluation
Jan 04, 2011

What ever happened to our weekly assessment/review of our ASR production?  I received 1 evaluation back in November around Thanksgiving and have not received another one.  Am I wrong in thinking we were supposed to get one weekly.  Has anyone gotten any more than their original one?  Maybe I was so good, they just said, she doesnt need it, LOL  My guess, they realized how much it was going to cost them to pay someone to do this and nixed it already. ...

FIESA Quality Evaluation Tool
Feb 25, 2015

Can any one tell me where can I get this tool from? ...

Folecodiagnosit Study? Henual Addhension Cardiolite Evaluation?
Nov 09, 2009

Ongoing care from an internal medical standpoint should include continued neurological evaluation with folecodiagnositc study, continued psychiatric counseling and possible medication and at least henual addension cardiolite evaluation for myocardial ischemia ...

Lumbar CT Help
Sep 02, 2012

This is a lumber CT with axial and s/l sidial reconstructed images.  I have no clue what he's really saying.  Can someone help me, please? ...

Correct Format For Typing The Axis I Thru Axis V Diagnoses Part Of An Evaluation
Oct 30, 2009

Can someone tell me the correct way to type the Axis I through Axis V diagnoses part of an eval/progress note?  I need to know the spacing, tabbing and punctuation.  For example: Axis I:     315.00       Reading disorder Axis II:    V71.09       No diagnosis on Axis III:                 Axis IV: &nbs ...

Lower Extremity "dot Flow Or Dop Full" Evaluation
May 10, 2010

The patient just had a femoropopliteal bypass, and they are considering the same for the other leg.  Thanks.  ...

Help With Mushmouth Dr On Lumbar MRI
Oct 14, 2009

L5-S1 small central disc protrusion.  This is s/l amenable and dense thecal sac but does not appear to result in overt nerve root compression or displacement.  Thanks! ...

Lumbar Laminectomy Help
Dec 22, 2009

The microscope was brought in to do a medial facetectomy foraminotomy over the S1 nerve.  We twist-tied and pushed "s/l dorset" laterally.   Can't find any reference.  Suggestions? ...

Lumbar Microdiskectomy
Jan 12, 2010

When someone has a microdiskectomy at multiple levels, is it L3-4-5, L3-5, or L3-4 and L4-5 microdiskectomies?  I know I should know this but for the life of me my brain is not working this morning! Thanks! ...

Lumbar Implantation?
Sep 11, 2010

I'm looking for a type of implantation to help lumbar pain that sounds like "metroniziminent" implantation. - that's as close as I can get, she says the word very quickly. ...

Lumbar MRI Results
Oct 31, 2010

Doc is reading MRI results and saying what s/l Kerterfield ligamentum flavum.  Can't find any word close to Kerterfield.  any ideas? ...

Lumbar S/l Rotaflexion
Nov 13, 2010

her job requires her to do lumbar rotaflexion ...

Lumbar Hemilaminectomy
Dec 22, 2013

"A guidewire was placed over the left L4-5 of *5-1* hemilamina."  I do not recognize the reference and don't even know where to look to verify it!  He says very clearly "left L4-5 of five one hemilamina."  Thanks.  ...

Cervical And Lumbar Spines
Oct 31, 2009

Problem List Degenerative arthritis of the cervical and lumbar spines. It sounds like he is saying spines (pl). Is it spines or spine??   ...

Lumbar Decompression & Fusion
Mar 16, 2011

Hi everyone. The doctor s/l he is saying:  "We have also talked about the off labral use of the MP in the posterolateral recess and posterior interbody spacers."  I think that's what he is saying, not sure of the bold words.  DX is lumbar instability, stenosis & radiculopathy L3-4 and 4-5.  There is also a synovial cyst off L3-4.  Not able to locate these exact words on any websites/searches.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Decompressive Lumbar Laminectomy
Nov 21, 2011

S/l Gild decompressive lumbar laminectomy. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Anterior Lumbar Or Anterolumbar?
Jul 11, 2013

I get myself so confused on these all the time b/c I never know when it's okay to combine the words and when it's not and the docs always say them separately no matter what.  For an "anterior lumbar interbody fusion with instrumentation" would it be anterior lumbar or should I change that to anterolumbar? Thanks for your help! ...

LS Spine Or LS-Spine
Aug 05, 2010

I have always typed "C-spine, T-spine, and LS-spine," but today i came across something that made me question it.  Should i be using the hyphen or not???? ...