A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

correct format of a phrase - Jennifer

Posted: Mar 10, 2012

How would you correctly write "

he has 3 to 4 minus out of 5 in strength in bilateral hip flexors left worse than right."

I would type 3 to 4-/5 - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

phrase - fedup

[ In Reply To ..]
Me too.

Thanks! - Jennifer

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks!

should be 3- to 4- - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

"3- to 4-/5" is incorrect - tmt

[ In Reply To ..]
3- to 4-/5 translates to "3 minus to 4 minus out of 5" and that's not what was dictated.

I Agree - Do Not Assume

[ In Reply To ..]
Do not assume he wants the minus there on the first number. You are much safer typing without it. Reader beware, and also, on an audit you would be relieved of what would may be be a critical error. Assuming the minus is a serious guess. I don't send those to QA, I type as dictated.

Similar Messages:

Correct Way To Format Autopap?
Mar 27, 2010

Anyone know the correct way to format autopap? Is it AutoPAP, AutoPap, autoPAP, etc.? I can't find this in my references and I see it many ways online. TIA! ...

Correct Format For Typing The Axis I Thru Axis V Diagnoses Part Of An Evaluation
Oct 30, 2009

Can someone tell me the correct way to type the Axis I through Axis V diagnoses part of an eval/progress note?  I need to know the spacing, tabbing and punctuation.  For example: Axis I:     315.00       Reading disorder Axis II:    V71.09       No diagnosis on Axis III:                 Axis IV: &nbs ...

Format
Jul 28, 2010

He says "was made n.p.o. and put on D5 half normal saline plus 20 of KCl at 78." Is this typed correctly? ...

Rad Format
Aug 10, 2010

Does anyone know where I could look at a rad report format online? I have AAMT Book of Style, but it does not show a format for radiology.  All of the books online you have to buy.  All I need is to know a format for a radiology report. ...

Mg And Mcg Format
Jul 28, 2014

When typing combination medications should you put the dosage abbreviation after each medicaotin..... Example:  hydrocodone 5 mg/325 mg   or    hydrocodone 5/325 mg???? Also, what if it is a medication combination that uses both mg and mcg?   Example:  75 mg/200 mcg.   I received a correction back from my boss and she had it 75/200 mg and, considering that part of the medication is mcg, i think that her correction is actually incorrect.   ...

I Don't Like The New Format Of MTStars
Oct 12, 2009

I posted about an hour ago under Gab Board.  It is not there, and it was.  Strange!!!! ...

Question Regarding Format
Sep 30, 2010

A history and physical examination report. Doctor has already dictated information for EXTREMITIES subheading, but later dictates more info for same subheading. Should I combine second set of extremity info with first set of info? Thanks! ...

Medication Format
Nov 24, 2010

I am not sure how to format this medication and I think there might be a stumble also.  Doctor says  "... 2 tabs 125 mg 2 times p.o. t.i.d."   Wonder whether I should edit out the either "2 tabs" or "2 times" as she does seem to correct herself.   Any thoughts on this would be appreciated? Thanks ...

Not Work Help, Format Help
Feb 11, 2011

In a verbatim account: "patient is into" (doc lists medications)...  Patient is into??  Very clearly said.  "there are no labs available on the chart."   (doc goes onto lists extensive lab results) Says also very clearly "this consultation was not necessary", however I am not sure if he is speaking to someone else, or if it is part of the dictation!  I hear it clear as a bell, it just seems a snippy ending comment.  I am going to type it out as I hear it, b ...

Help With Dosage Format
Oct 14, 2011

Doctor dictates: Ambien 10 mg q 9 p.m. Just making sure how the 'q 9 pm' is transcribed. Is it like this: q.9 p.m. or q.9. p.m.?? Not sure....any help would be appreciated. I am new to the job and want to make sure i do this correctly.Thanks ...

Proper Format
Dec 05, 2014

MD dictates C5-6... I usually change this to C5-C6, as it seems that is the more correct way.  Should C5-6 be used? ...

Growth Percentile Format
Dec 15, 2009

Okay........ now don't laugh at this question.   I recently had to pull up another transcriptionist's report, and came across something I've never seen before.   I couldn't find the formatting this MT used anywhere else, so I am wondering if any of you have.   I always type  "90th percentile", "56th percentile", etc. when peds are talking about growth charts.    This MT typed "90%tile", "53%tile", etc.   Is that actu ...

Preoperative Diagnoses Format
Oct 29, 2010

I know when there are more than 1 diagnoses, you list each one separately.  How do you handle it when the dictator gives 4 separate diagnoses, then "etiology to be determined" at the end?  List everything under 1 dx, or list "etiology to be determined" as a separate dx?  Thanks. ...

Capitalization Question/Format
Nov 04, 2010

SOCIAL HISTORYHalf a pack a day smoker. Alcohol: denies. Occupation: he is on disability due to chronic knee pain and an inability to work.   Is it... Occupation: He is on disability...  OR Occupation: he is on disability...   There are several instances of this type in this report and I am not sure of the correct format.. thanks!! ...

DSS And DS2 Format Voice Files.
Jun 14, 2012

Hi:  For those MTs using the above, what do you all use?   Thanks ...

Date Format Question
Jan 03, 2013

Have I gone blind?  I can't find the date format in the guidelines.  Is it 01/01/2013 (like I've always done) or is it now 1/1/2013.  I hate that they've changed the cranial nerves to 2-12.  ...

Proper Format Of Sentence
Feb 04, 2015

The doctor dictated: CRP stable at 15.4 high. How would this be formatted? Would it be correct as CRP, stable at 15.4; high. ?? ...

Psych Diagnosis Format Question
Jan 27, 2010

Correct way to type psych diagnosis? Axis I: Adjustment disorder with anxiety. OR AXIS I                                                                   &n ...

H&P Report, Physical Exam Format Help?
Aug 05, 2010

I added all the subheadings. I am sure of the subheading Neurology and eyes. Any suggestions? Anything else look incorrect? I am still new to this. Thanks for the help. PHYSICAL EXAMINATION VITAL SIGNS: Blood pressure is 112/80, weight is 155 pounds, and height is 5 foot 6 inches. GENERAL APPEARANCE: Well-developed, well-nourished. No apparent distress. HEART: Regular rate and rhythm. No murmurs, carotids. No bruits bilaterally. NEUROLOGY: Orientation and language are normal. EYES: Fu ...

K&R - What Kind Of System They Use, Word Format, Etc?
May 24, 2011

Anyone know what kind of system they use, word format, etc?  And do they do a lot of VR?  Thank you ...

Please Help With Phrase
Dec 09, 2009

When a physician dictates “It should be noted as well within the family history” and you are already typing the family history. Do you still type “It should be noted as well”? The doctor dictates this frequently. ...

Phrase Help Please
Jan 06, 2011

Sounds like "n" ease viopathic changes? involving the greater tuberosity.   Any clues? Thanks! ...

Help With A Phrase
Oct 09, 2011

Okay, I am sure I have heard this before but for whatever reason cannot seem to get it this time..... he is saying.....  "negative hawk sign, negative cochans sign" Please help - can't take the time to search any more!  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer! ...

Is There Such A Phrase?
Jan 22, 2012

The patient progressed to independent transverse? Is this an actual phrase and what exactly would it mean? ...

Phrase Help
Mar 16, 2012

In pulmonary dictation, sounds like dictator is saying "lungs are known to have rales in the anterior and posterior....." But I know that is incorrect. Please help with the "are known" part. ...

GI Phrase
Oct 25, 2012

Has anyone heard of the phrase "four gut pathology"  Dr. dictated very clearly, tried to find it, was unsuccessful Thx!   ...

What Is The Proper Format For Military Time? I Know No Colon, But...
Mar 24, 2010

shouldn't the word "hours" ALWAYS follow, i.e. 1345 hours? ...

Pathology Transcription - Difference Besides Learning The Format?
Mar 26, 2012

I have 18 years experience in acute care transcription in just about everything except "pathology transcription."  I have done a lot of ops of all kinds, oncology, neurology, cardiology, infectious disease, etc.  Is Pathology transcription that different?  I've done tumor staging, chemo protocols, just about any type of EEG, TEE, cath, radiology, etc.  The reason I'm asking is I saw a job for a "Pathology transcriptionist" and I really believe I'm qualified with my knowledge, ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard This Phrase Before?
Dec 06, 2009

ER report concerning pt stating was assaulted by an ex-boyfriend. EXTREMITIES: Both knees with very minimal s/l "tall dime-sized" bruises. ...

Unfamilar EKG Phrase-help!
Jan 10, 2010

Doing EKG due to syncopal episode.  EKG is obtained because of a complaint of syncope showing a normal sinus rhythm, no s/l "current of entry." Am I even hearing this right.  I suspect I am not. TIA! ...