A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Total thyroidectomy, s/l Harmonic axis, not Harmonic - Focus or scalpel, thanks.

Posted: Dec 18, 2014

I cant document Harmonic Axis anywhere.

Please give full sentence...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
where this term appears for context. Thanks.

? - access

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Harmonic Scalpel
Nov 13, 2012

I've been doing acute care for 13 years, and now all of a sudden, the ASR software I'm using is captializing the S, in Harmonic Scalpel.  I know the Harmonic gets capitalized, but is the S in scalpel supposed to be caitalized? You know how the Internet is, you see all sorts of things.  And weird things are capitalized for logo advertising purposes and things.  Anyone? ...

Correct Format For Typing The Axis I Thru Axis V Diagnoses Part Of An Evaluation
Oct 30, 2009

Can someone tell me the correct way to type the Axis I through Axis V diagnoses part of an eval/progress note?  I need to know the spacing, tabbing and punctuation.  For example: Axis I:     315.00       Reading disorder Axis II:    V71.09       No diagnosis on Axis III:                 Axis IV: &nbs ...

Post-thyroidectomy ?test/sign-sm
May 06, 2014

Pt is s/p completion thyroidectomy.   "Voice is strong.  Negative (s/l strawstack). " Any help appreciated.  Thanks :)  ...

Status Post Thyroidectomy S/l "farfoid Thor" Carcinoma- Help!
May 14, 2011

I have no idea what he's saying. Status post thyroidectomy s/l "farfoid thor" carcinoma.  There is a slight New York accent to his voice.  Any help would be great! ...

Thyroid Cancer, Status Post "racity - Recity - Resucity" Of Thyroidectomy
Jan 08, 2015

Thank you for your help on this - repeats it 3-4 times throughout report and cannot determine this word. So frustrated! ...

Axis V
Mar 04, 2013

Under the diagnosis heading, in Axis V: GAF 58 (s/l atron durations). Does anyone know what he could be saying? ...

Axis III Diagnosis
Nov 13, 2009

Axis III diagnosis, sounds like: History of left "corioma" of uncertain clinical significance.   any help is appreciated. ...

Axis Or Axes
Mar 08, 2011

I cannot find anything to tell me whether it is axis or axes.  I believe its axis, but just not sure.  The sentence reads. The corneal limbus was marked for 35 degrees superiorly and inferiorly along the 075-degree axis.   ...

Axis Or Access?
May 06, 2012

I'm typing an op report for a shoulder mass excision, and I'm not sure which word the doc is saying... The planned oblique skin incision along the longitudinal axis (or access?) of the mass was sterilely infiltrated with 1% Carbocaine solution and the skin incision made. I'm assuming axis, but not 100% confident. Thanks! ...

Axis Or Excess?
Aug 24, 2012

multiple myeloma with high-risk cytogenetics (_____ 1q25). ...

On EKG, He Gives Axis Measurement In Degrees, Then
Aug 04, 2010

says, "eighteen slash ten slash three four," and I am not sure how to transcribe the last part.  I am a long-time transcriptionist but have never heard the measurements given that way, so any help from you cardiology gurus would be much appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Sparing Of The Visual Axis
Feb 23, 2011

It sounds like the doc is saying "There is symphony sparing of the visual axis" Any suggestions or is this correct? ...

Axis Versus Access
Apr 27, 2011

"The resected surfaces are coapted, and 0 degree mechanical axis has been achieved."    This is a knee replacement, and he says this twice. Do you think he is saying axis or access?  thanks! ...

Writing Axis Numbers
Dec 05, 2011

is  it six o'clock axis or 6 o'clock axis and then what is the correct way of 6:30 o'clock axis or six-thirty o'clock axis or is it 6:30 axis or six-thirty axis?????  Whew!!! ...

Psychiatric AXIS I Formatting
May 31, 2013

Greetings, I recently got a gig for Psychiatric clinic and I am a little confused as to the accepted formatting for DSM diagnoses under AXIS I...  Here is what I have been doing, and it's different from examples I've seen online... I'm thinking I learned my current style from either CareerStep or working for Nuance; however, I'm not sure...  My clinic doesn't really have any concrete formatting guidelines, but I want to be using best practices nonetheless. &nbs ...

Mental Status Exam Axis I
Nov 02, 2011

Mental status review, axis I diagnosis sounds like "frontal auget disorder, mild" or "formal augete disorder, mild?"  I could be way off but that is what it sounds like??? Any help??? Thanks!   ...

Eye Surgery - S/l Tha Ridge An Encroaching Upon The Visual Axis Of The Left Side
Aug 12, 2011

Eye exam - pt has a large s/l tha ridge an encroaching upon the visual axis of the left side. This will be repaired by s/l bicuspid allister technique...?  ...

Total Hip
Dec 14, 2009

Patient had bilateral total hip arthroplasties.  Under radiographs DR dictates "good calcar s/l nerve resporption."  I know calcar resporption is appropriate in this context, but I have never heard nerve dictated along with it.  Is this common or could I be hearing a stutter?  Thanks! ...

Total Hip Arthroplasty
Dec 08, 2009

A couple of things I just cant understand, this DR sounds like he is drunk this morning! "status post left s/l amelano total hip arthroplasty for AVN with collapse" "internal and external range of motion over the s/l sick or sit joint is quite benign"  Patient received an injection into the SI joint, so I am wondering if he is saying SIC joint.  Is the sacroiliac joint abbreviated in this way sometimes?  Cannot reference that. Dr is getting ESR, CRP and sed rate to make sure there is ...

TCI Total Source
Dec 06, 2012

Anyone ever heard of this company?  They emailed me with an offer for an IC position, and I have no idea where they got my email.  Just curious if anyone works for them or knows anything about them. ...

12 Jobs All Together Now In Total USA- NM
Jan 27, 2013

NM ...

Sparring With Total Strangers.
Nov 25, 2009

I am used to people acting professional on these boards. I suggest, to all of you who like to slam people that are total stranters, to at least have the professionalism to address others on this board with some respect. Hearing acidic remarks from total strangers doesn't invite a professional response. I thought this was what this board was about.   Ms. Diane Mortier ...

I Had A Total Of 3 Reports To Type
Jul 14, 2010

Just 3 reports for the last 10 hours.  Keep checking and NO JOBS AVAILABLE!  Moved to another group with primary.  My old CCM said I would have more work if I move with my primary, instead, it turned out to be the opposite.  ...

Total Knee Arthroplasty
Sep 13, 2010

The cutting block was locked in position utilizing the (s/l 4 10 stylus).  If I am hearing that right, do I hyphenate 4-10...? Thanks... ...

Total Hysterectomy~Clamps?
Dec 19, 2010

Okay, I can't make out what type of clamp he would be using.   "The uterus was then clamped at the adnexa with large s/l K **"enely" ?? clamps". thanks in advance.   bv ...

Just Had A Doc, Total Stranger, Never Typed Before,
Mar 18, 2011

I had a great weekend.  It was so nice.  Takes so little to make me a happy camper anymore. ...

Total Knee Arthroplasty?
Apr 19, 2011

5 out of 5 bilateral strength in EHL, FHL, GSC, and TA.  What do these stand for??? I know tibialis anterior but what are the other three?? ...

Well.....I Took The Total Lines I Did Last Week....
Jun 04, 2012

of course, most of the lines are VR but, I totaled my lines and the amount of $$ I made.  Then I took the amount of straight typing lines I used to do and x by 8 cpl.  I have more lines doing both straight and VR, BUT less pay.    I averaged 1200/1300 lines per day working usually 6 hours (no set time schedule, just a mandatory "full-time" amount at old job).   Last week, I missed 3 hours of work but did 7068 of a mix of ST and VR.  Made almost 200 bucks les ...

Total System Hours?
Jul 24, 2012

Can someone please explain to me how the "total system hours" are calculated? My manager is always complaining that there shouldn't be a big difference between your hours clocked in on Webclock and your "total system hours" in Enterprise. I am wondering how they calculate these as I know it is not the time that you are clocked into Enterprise. I am guessing that they are somehow able to determine when you are actively working in Enterprise--typing, listening to audio, etc.? The thing that c ...

Does Anyone Have Any Information On TCI Total Source? Sm
Oct 12, 2012

I searched the archives and didn't come up with anything.  Just wondering if anyone has any info they are willing to share about this company. ...