A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Sprint "unlimited" high-speed wireless Internet - Unhappy Sprint Customer

Posted: Sep 10, 2010

FYI for all.  I have had an "unlimited" Sprint Internet plan for a number of years working at home without any problems.  Sprint has apparently decided to put a cap on the plan, of which I am shortly to exceed it without any prior notice.  I am told my only resort is to pay for the overage or cancel my services, which I just renewed contract on conveniently enough for Sprint.  I'm still working on my "issue" but thought I'd give others a headsup.  If you have Sprint "unlimited" anything you might want to call and make sure it is still truly "unlimited" before you get your next bill saying otherwise.

ULD - pumpernickel

[ In Reply To ..]
It's been my experience that NONE of the phone companies allow their residential unlimited phone service to be used for MT purposes (fine print about proper usage) and they will catch you sooner or later. The only truly unlimited phone service I have found (without paying for a business plan) is a VoIP service like Vonage or cable phone.

TDS Did This To Me - lots more, lol - Too Pooped To Compute

[ In Reply To ..]
Only they didn't even tell me beforehand. I specifically explained what I did when I moved here and asked them what plan I needed. They signed me up for an "unlimited" plan, and then 1-1/2 years later suddenly decided it was "unfair usage" and changed my plan without any notification whatsoever to a by-the-minute rate...which ended up costing $60 an hour!

By the time I even found out about it (when I got my next bill), I owed over $1400. They refused to negotiate AT ALL, and I was forced to pay the bill. They wouldn't even let me pay it out in installments! As for service, their only alternative was to offer me a "business" plan at $1200 a month, ha!

I had to stop typing immediately and lose probably the best job I'd had in 15 years because they only used a phone line platform. It took me three months to get another job, so not only did I lose the $1400 they charged me, but over $10,000 in income besides! I'm looking for additional work now, and it severely limits my opportunities with no phone line.

No one in business seems to have any conscience or scruples any more! Anyone who uses an "unlimited" phone plan better watch your back, because I have a feeling they're all going to start doing this.

I use AT&T aircard which I too thought was unlimited - sm - ECMT

[ In Reply To ..]
but it is not. BUT I do not exceed though I am online probably 12+ hours a day. It has 5gig data transfer on it and I use only about half and do about 40,000 lines a month so for $65 a month I am quite happy. So for those of you just needing a good internet connection an aircard might be the way to go.

Oh no...that's not the reason... - Unhappy Sprint Customer

[ In Reply To ..]
They actually told me today they just changed it because they want to. Their "unlimited" plan now has a cap, plain and simple. They will allow me to cancel my services for Internet, but not my phones. Unwilling to lean at all...terrible customer service. I have no idea what I am going to do.

Similar Messages:

Verizon High Speed Internet
Apr 15, 2010

Was wondering if anyone has used Verizon High Speed Internet and what your experience as with it?  I am considering switching as it 50% less my current cable service.  TIA! ...

Is DSL Usually Considered "high-speed Internet"? ++
Jan 09, 2014

I've have had cable internet service since 2005, and since early 2008 I have worked for 3 companies that all required high-speed internet. I never gave it much thought because I've always had the cable service. But now we want to move, and unfortunately cable internet service is just about non-existant in the areas we are considering.  I'm very happy with my current position (and they can work with DSL), but obviously it would not be wise for me to move to a place that would ...

Do Most Companies Not Allow Wireless Internet?
Jan 23, 2011

Would like to work for TT but not sure if they allow my internet connection.  Since I live in the boonies, I use Verizon Broadband, which is the card I plug into my laptop and it goes off the cell phone towers (it's just as fast as DSL).  Would most companies not allow me to use this internet connection? ...

Are There Any Companies Out There That Allow Wireless Internet?
Mar 17, 2011

nm ...

Dictaphone Is Comptatible With Wireless Internet
Nov 03, 2011

Hi there, Will someone be kind enough to teach me whether Dictaphone is comptatible with wireless internet?  The wireless I am referring to is Verizon's broadboad "card" that I pay $50 for per month.  I cannot seem to locate a definitive answer on the internet. Thank you! ...

Anyone Using Their Own Modem With Comcast High Speed?
Mar 16, 2011

Hey all! I have Comcast high speed internet and am paying a $7/mo rental fee for using their modem. If anyone out there uses a store-bought modem with Comcast, would you mind naming the brand? With my luck, I will pick the wrong kind and have problems right after taking the Comcast one back. Actually, if anyone thinks I should stick with the rental, I would like your opinion, too. Thank! ...

Do You Really Need 4 MB Download Internet Speed?
Sep 14, 2011

The offer packet says we have to have 4 to 8 MB download speed. Do you really need that much speed? Living in the country, my average high-speed is 1.5 MB download and 0.54 upload. What I have works fine for me now, but will that be a problem working for MQ? ...

S/l Loprozol 50 Mg BID. Pt Has A Hx Of Type II DM, HTN, High Lipids, High Lipids, Heartburn, Neurop
Jan 12, 2010

x ...

RI Unlimited?
Sep 01, 2010

Anyone have any info on this company?  Good, bad, ugly?  ...

Anything About RI Unlimited Transcriptions?
Oct 15, 2009

Does anyone know anything about RI Unlimited Transcriptions? I have recently tested and passed and been interviewed to become an independent contractor with them, but was wondering if anyone is or has worked for them and their reputation before I commit myself. ...

What Is It Like To Work For RI Unlimited?
Oct 11, 2011

I passed their tests and just wonder what their platform is like (what is the platform) and the dictators, sound quality, etc. ...

Anybody Working For RI Unlimited?
Oct 18, 2011

Anybody working for RI Unlimited? Do tell, do tell... ...

Has Anyone Every Heard Of Unlimited Transcription, LLC? Sm
Dec 04, 2009

I believe they are out of Tennessee. The only strange thing I see about them is they mail out their checks every two weeks instead of doing direct deposit.  TIA ...

RI Unlimited Transcription Solutions
Jun 19, 2010

Does anyone currently work for RI Unlimited that can tell me what equipment specs they require now and if they are currently hiring part time?  I could not find it on their website.  Do they have shifts now or not?  I worked for them for about 5 years, quit and went to work in a local medical clinic as a receptionist, worked up to clinic manager and just got my hours cut.  Any info would be appreciated. ...

Transcription Unlimited, LLC - Does Anyone Have Any Info (sm)
Dec 22, 2010

about this company, ever heard of this company?  I have googled them and can find "pieces" of their website but no official website.  When I googled a bit further I found them to also be named S&N Transcription.  Okay, if that is not odd enough, when I googled the address that is listed for the company it comes up with a totally different name, something with stables in it and states that it is some type of daycare center.  Just curious, does anyone know where DIT is loc ...

Transcription Unlimited? Does Anybody Remember?
Dec 30, 2010

I applied for a job working from home in the mid 1990s.  I'm not sure of the name.  Seems like it was Transcription Unlimited.  But I remember receiving a huge dark chocolate candy bar with their logo imprinted in it as a thanks for applying for a job with their company!  It was SOOO good!  Can anybody tell me the name of this company and if it still exists?  Thanks :) ...

Unlimited Long Distance - MagicJack
Nov 19, 2009

I dial in on a Dictaphone for up to 8 hours per day.  It is not a continuous connection but I do dial back in to the system around 10 times per day.  I am currently using Vonage but I wanted to find out if any other transcriptionists use the MagicJack - and if so, how well does it work?  Would anyone recommend it?  Thanks! ...

Reliascript - Unlimited Long Distance For EMR? Sm
Oct 18, 2014

Does anyone know anything about Reliascript? They are asking for unlimited long distance for EMR-- do they mean landline? I thought everything was Internet based now? ...

C Phone With Portable Unlimited Long Distance
Jun 23, 2013

I currently work for a hospital on the West Coast and I'm in Georgia.  I use a C phone to connect and have Vonage for ULD at home.  My question is I'm trying to get ULD portable.  I want to be able to go off for the weekend without having to ask off work.  I want to be able to take my ULD with me anywhere I go but obviously has to have phone jacks to plug up the C phone.  Verizon has something that would work I think but the complaints are voice quality and I c ...

Hyphen ... Providing High Quality Care OR High-quality Care
Oct 06, 2011

... providing high quality care OR high-quality care. I did it one way and the dictating NP says it should be the other way.  I have to do it her way but I would appreciate hearing from some fellow MT professionals. Thanks for any input.     ...

Does Magic Jack Unlimited Long Distance Work With C-phone?
Aug 25, 2010

Vonage or has anyone successfully used Magic Jack with a local number for C-phone? ...

Wireless Headset
Sep 11, 2010

Anyone use wireless headset, if so what type? Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Use Clear Wireless?
Dec 09, 2010

It seems very fast and I believe it has a DSL cable. Has anyone used this? I am so tired of TWC, too expensive for what you get. ...

Wireless Headphones
Sep 04, 2011

Does anyone have or know of where to get wireless headphones.  My cat has chewed through the wires of 3 sets of headphones (at $18 each its getting expensive).  After the first 2 sets I have been putting them in a drawer when not in use, but the cord sticks out of the drawer attached to the computer and she found her way around the box while I was watching TV and now my third set is gone.  Within seconds she chews right through the cord.  So, since there are wireless keyboard ...

Using Clear Wireless Vs Dsl
Oct 12, 2011

I have been tempted to switch to Clear Wireless after seeing how fast it works on my daughter's computer. Does anyone have any experience using it for IC work with trascription? ...

Wireless Mouse
Dec 01, 2011

I am just wondering if any of you are using a wireless mouse and how they are working for you?  I currently use a wired mouse and have for centuries.  Since I use mine more than most people, it seems, they do not last.  I am having difficulty finding wired mouse any longer due to being outdated.  I am hesitant in getting a wireless because wireless tends to slow me down with a second of lag.  Those seconds add up and I am just wondering how beneficial they are.  Any ...

M*Modal And Wireless
Mar 24, 2012

Just out of curiosity, has anyone worked for M*Modal using wireless (I have Verizon) with THEIR equipment?  I also have a Verizon air card, but would LOVE to cancel that payment if I could get everything on wireless. ...

Republic Wireless
Mar 23, 2014

I was looking into wireless service and came across a company called "Republic Wireless."  Does anyone use this?  If so, how do you like it?  Just curious.  Thanks! ...

Does Synernet Allow Wireless?
Sep 15, 2014

I'm getting fiber optic installed this week and I believe they said it would be a wireless router. Anybody know what this is? I'm so dumb about technical stuff. ...

Wireless Keyboard
Oct 26, 2014

Does anyone have a preference for a wireless keyboard? I'm looking for pros and cons. I bought a Logitech K360 but it's too compact for me. I need the bigger keys like my old keyboard. Is the wireless keyboard and mouse a better deal than just the keyboard? I already have a wireless mouse. Or would it be best to replace both? Thanks for your opinons. ...