A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcription Unlimited? Does anybody remember? - PT

Posted: Dec 30, 2010

I applied for a job working from home in the mid 1990s.  I'm not sure of the name.  Seems like it was Transcription Unlimited.  But I remember receiving a huge dark chocolate candy bar with their logo imprinted in it as a thanks for applying for a job with their company!  It was SOOO good!  Can anybody tell me the name of this company and if it still exists?  Thanks :)

Transcriptions Unlimited - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I think that was probably Transcriptions Limited, which was taken over by MedQuist.

Oh, how sad. I was afraid of that :/ - PT

[ In Reply To ..]

It is sad... I worked there - best job I ever had

[ In Reply To ..]
LOVED everyone and still talk to several. It was not the same after the Q laid its dirty hands on it.

Very, Very Sad!!!

How ironic - xTranscription Ltd MT
[ In Reply To ..]
That you found one lovely and the other distasteful. John Donohoe ran TL and he ran MQ in the early days. It took a while for MQ to become The Squid. I find it interesting though that you felt it changed when all it changed was its name.
I saw it the other way around. - TL MQ TL
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for TL in the early to mid 1990s. In fact, I interviewed with John Donohoe in his dank little office up in Bucks County. After a few years, I happened to move to Nashville and worked for MedQuist down there. They were amazing! Loved every second I worked for them. I moved back to the Philly area, and ended up with TL again. Same picky, nasty company. When I heard that MedQuist was coming into the deal I thought we would be rescued by a wonderful company. I didn't realize that TL had swallowed MQ and was using the good name of Medquist as a smoke screen. The rest is history. TL, from my perspective, was never a good company to work for. And I never got a candy bar for applying. I must have missed that little ray of sunshine.
TL MQ TL - Landy
[ In Reply To ..]
"The good name of Medquist"--????? Well, I needed a good laugh to end the year!
to: "xTranscription Ltd MT - I guess I should have stated
[ In Reply To ..]
that it rapidly came to a halt with the sale to CBAY.

You are right, it was fine after the Q swallowed TL, except that I never got a raise after that.

All of the changes really took effect in 2006, what I will always refer to as DOOMSDAY.
so much history - x-TLxMQxCbay
[ In Reply To ..]
Gotcha! There was so much corruptness and horrible deals made by MQ way before 2006, in fact the entire 20 years before that CBAY's entry really was no big deal to those of us desensitized by the insanity! LOL!

What's CBAY? - PT
[ In Reply To ..]
I've never heard of it. Thanks.

I also worked for Medquist. Before that, it was Your Office Genie I worked for, which was bought by MedQuist. I LOVED working for YOG. The pay was incredible, could rack up 300 to 400 lines per hour, and received a regular bonus of $400 every 12 weeks just for working! Those were the good old days, before, like someone here so appropriately put it, DOOMSDAY.

CBay is one of the largest and oldest - offshore concerns for MT
[ In Reply To ..]
They are the reason the Q now sends a high percentage of their work to be done by the labor pool in India. They ceased acute care operations in the US about 2 years ago or so. They still have US MTs doing some radiology at this point but not nearly as many as they once did.
Transcriptions Limited - OhioMT
[ In Reply To ..]
It all changed within 2 weeks of the name change. It was VERY evident that something happened. Mr. Donahoe may have run it, even though MQ owned it, but MQ RAN Mr. Donahoe after that point and it DID change, quickly.
Best job I ever had, too - Squid Hater
[ In Reply To ..]
until MQ came along. I hope MQ roasts in ****.

Transcriptions Limited - OhioMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep...that's the one. I LOVED working for them and when MQ took over, they ruined it. It was no longer personal, they brought people in that didn't care about the MTs and it was awful. I miss the old days too. When employers really appreciated us.

Similar Messages:

Has Anyone Every Heard Of Unlimited Transcription, LLC? Sm
Dec 04, 2009

I believe they are out of Tennessee. The only strange thing I see about them is they mail out their checks every two weeks instead of doing direct deposit.  TIA ...

RI Unlimited Transcription Solutions
Jun 19, 2010

Does anyone currently work for RI Unlimited that can tell me what equipment specs they require now and if they are currently hiring part time?  I could not find it on their website.  Do they have shifts now or not?  I worked for them for about 5 years, quit and went to work in a local medical clinic as a receptionist, worked up to clinic manager and just got my hours cut.  Any info would be appreciated. ...

Transcription Unlimited, LLC - Does Anyone Have Any Info (sm)
Dec 22, 2010

about this company, ever heard of this company?  I have googled them and can find "pieces" of their website but no official website.  When I googled a bit further I found them to also be named S&N Transcription.  Okay, if that is not odd enough, when I googled the address that is listed for the company it comes up with a totally different name, something with stables in it and states that it is some type of daycare center.  Just curious, does anyone know where DIT is loc ...

Okay, If You Were Making .04/line With VR But Offered 08/line With Transcription . . . Unlimited Amt
Apr 22, 2010

I do have some benefits with the VR job, but not good enough to even take them on right now.  After 3 months I will start accruing PTO up to 12 days a year.  Is it worth it?  I was thinking having benefits would be really nice for once in the last 16 years, but now I am thinking it may not be worth the struggle to make a living on VR.  They said the platform for transcription is chartnet or chartscript?  What do you all think? ...

RI Unlimited?
Sep 01, 2010

Anyone have any info on this company?  Good, bad, ugly?  ...

Anything About RI Unlimited Transcriptions?
Oct 15, 2009

Does anyone know anything about RI Unlimited Transcriptions? I have recently tested and passed and been interviewed to become an independent contractor with them, but was wondering if anyone is or has worked for them and their reputation before I commit myself. ...

What Is It Like To Work For RI Unlimited?
Oct 11, 2011

I passed their tests and just wonder what their platform is like (what is the platform) and the dictators, sound quality, etc. ...

Anybody Working For RI Unlimited?
Oct 18, 2011

Anybody working for RI Unlimited? Do tell, do tell... ...

Unlimited Long Distance - MagicJack
Nov 19, 2009

I dial in on a Dictaphone for up to 8 hours per day.  It is not a continuous connection but I do dial back in to the system around 10 times per day.  I am currently using Vonage but I wanted to find out if any other transcriptionists use the MagicJack - and if so, how well does it work?  Would anyone recommend it?  Thanks! ...

Reliascript - Unlimited Long Distance For EMR? Sm
Oct 18, 2014

Does anyone know anything about Reliascript? They are asking for unlimited long distance for EMR-- do they mean landline? I thought everything was Internet based now? ...

C Phone With Portable Unlimited Long Distance
Jun 23, 2013

I currently work for a hospital on the West Coast and I'm in Georgia.  I use a C phone to connect and have Vonage for ULD at home.  My question is I'm trying to get ULD portable.  I want to be able to go off for the weekend without having to ask off work.  I want to be able to take my ULD with me anywhere I go but obviously has to have phone jacks to plug up the C phone.  Verizon has something that would work I think but the complaints are voice quality and I c ...

Does Magic Jack Unlimited Long Distance Work With C-phone?
Aug 25, 2010

Vonage or has anyone successfully used Magic Jack with a local number for C-phone? ...

Sprint "unlimited" High-speed Wireless Internet
Sep 10, 2010

FYI for all.  I have had an "unlimited" Sprint Internet plan for a number of years working at home without any problems.  Sprint has apparently decided to put a cap on the plan, of which I am shortly to exceed it without any prior notice.  I am told my only resort is to pay for the overage or cancel my services, which I just renewed contract on conveniently enough for Sprint.  I'm still working on my "issue" but thought I'd give others a headsup.  If you have S ...

Remember When
Apr 23, 2010

Remember when – you were proud to be an MT – proud of the work you did and the physicians said thank you when you did a good job?   How about the bumper sticker years ago from AHDI (AAMT)  that they handed out at one of the conferences that read – MDs need MTs.   After 35 years in this profession, I call it quits.   All of us really just need a "thank you" from time to time to feel appreciated.     I have worked at ho ...

Remember?
Sep 01, 2010

Remember when we used to get that newsletter in the mail?  I found some today as I was packing my stuff.  Remember when they used to pat us on the back now and then? (usually right before they made a change that was a major hassle, though--and NEVER a pay increase, absolutely unheard of) Now they just hang us out to dry and we have to fend for ourselves. Wonder if they even notice we are dropping like flies. We never hear anything from management unless it's that they are i ...

Remember When....?
Sep 02, 2010

Remember back when you worked for a client of say 20-40 doctors?  When when you could kick your feet up and type with your eyes closed, you knew what the doctor was going to say before he said it.  Remember when you could type what he meant to say and not what he actually said.  Remember them appreciating that?  Remember no BOS or auditing scores?  Remember always having an abdundance of work and feeling very comfortable about it because you made great pay?  Remembe ...

Remember When QA Used To Just
Sep 18, 2010

catch errors, highlight them, and send them to you with a score?   No comments, no ridicule, no 'teaching, preching, and/or belittling.'   I mean,  QA used to just point out the errors once a quarterly run, and be there as a backup on blanks or questions because supposedly they are just that good at it.  When were they told to scold?  Why would they think a humiliation approach works?   ...

Can't Even Remember
Jan 11, 2012

You know the weird thing is that even after just 3 years, I cannot even remember the name of the last 2 companies I worked for - I was an independent contractor for the first 15 years and had my own accounts. That's pretty sad when you can't even remember a past employer (or maybe it isn't because you've blocked them from your memory because of the poor pay and constant outsourcing and waiting for them to find you more work). Now that I do remember. If anyone knows who I w ...

Does Anyone Remember - Sm
Jun 09, 2012

a drug website where you could put in the last part of a drug name and get some possibilities as far as the whole drug name?  I have a dictator that pauses the recording and then restarts during the medication list so I only hear the last part :( ...

More To Remember
Feb 17, 2014

Dangerous abbreviations that are in BOS are not to be observed unless the specific CP says to? I have NEVER operated like this, EVER. So now we get to check the CP and try and remember the BOS fix for the dangerous abbreviations (used to just keep it as a shortcut). I gotta get out of here, my mind doesn't process all this crap. ...

How Am I Going To Remember All Of This?
Jun 16, 2015

I am in coding school (home-based program) and as I read through the coding book, I try to understand all of the rules, etc., about what gets coded first and dual codes, when to use a particular code as a primary diagnosis, etc.  However, I find that I remember little of those rules the next day or even later in the day.  How do you remember all of these things, or do you even have to?  Is everything I am reading about rules also included in the instructions in the tabular index?& ...

Do You Remember The Days When ......
Nov 12, 2009

You actually looked forward to getting the PA instead of the doctor because they were so much easier to hear, understand, etc., except for the fact that most of them have no clue when it comes to pronouncing medications and feel that it is above them to spell the medication out.  In my case it seems that the roles have flipped nowadays, I absolutely hate seeing the PA coming up and would rather do the doctor any day of the week!!     ...

**** PMSI REMEMBER????
Feb 22, 2010

BEWARE.  We talked about her last time, how everyone tested and never heard back from her . . . there was a term they used for it when they get their work done by sending it out to people that thinkithey are testing for a job but they were being used to get her work caught up!!!! ...

Do You Remember This Guy? We Talked About Him
Mar 25, 2010

Awhile back we talked about this Vance.  He obviously reads this board and writes his stories.  I know someone mentioned STEPFORD WIVES CLUB and he has used this term now.  He is a writer and will be speaking at the AHDI in Phoenix coming up. Also, any of you working for MQ, there is an AHDI meeting May 8th in Eugene, OR.  I AM GOING.  I am so curious to hear what they have to say and I might not be able to keep my mouth shut and they might not like some of the question ...

I Am Sorry, But I Cannot Remember How QA Is Adjusted SM
Aug 06, 2010

How do the figure what we send to QA as far as our pay goes.  I am having a brain fart and cannot remember. I sent 1 to QA with 1 blank in it so does it go by that or the number of things they decided were wrong with it, because this person totally picked it apart changed things such as operation done at xxx hosptial to done in xxx hospital, etcetera.  It is not a verbatim account either.  I don't recognize the QA name either.   ...

Do Any Of You Remember This Post!
Aug 21, 2010

The unconstitutional employment practices of MedQuist and CBay - ACalfornian Posted: Mar 17th, 2010 - 2:30 pm I'm NOT an attorney; therefore, cannot give any legal advice.  If you want to pursue the issues addressed below, please consult an attorney.   In the case of Department of State v. Washington Post Co., 456 US 595 (1982), the Department of State refused to disclose private information of individuals to an "American" corporation, "Washington Post", citing the polic ...

Can't Remember What The LPH Quota Is. Do You Know?
Oct 05, 2010

Does anyone remember what the required lines per hour is?  Thanks! ...

ASR ; Old Timers, Remember When.....
Nov 18, 2010

Hey all you loyal MQ people who have been here for years (why we do it, I don't know) Remember when....they used to tell MTs DO NOT ENTER S/L in the QA NOTE, because it made QA "think" they would hear that word....well guess what...and this is for the suits and the managers who are looking, and we know you are .....ASR is nothing but a full report of sounds likes.  They wonder why errors are being seen in ASR reports?  DUH!!!      ...

I Remember The Days When...
Nov 26, 2011

Fresh out of a local vocational school for MT back in 1993,  I met with an established local MT, who allowed me to do a little of her work (with pay) to see how I would do because she wanted someone to take over on Fridays so she could have that day off.  Within a few months, she partnered with another transcriptionist in town for a separate account and gave me all the work from group that she was doing!  It was 5 docs and 2 NPs.  I did the work at her house on her computer. ...

Remember CyMed?
Dec 28, 2011

Does anyone remember CyMed (who was bought out by SPi in 2006)?  I was trying to remember the platform they used.  ...