A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

what is that retraining called when you lose your job and its paid for - crs nm

Posted: Jan 28, 2014

nm

What? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't understand what you're talking about.

I think you mean TAA - If you do a search

[ In Reply To ..]
Here there are a few threads about it.

It sounds a little confusing. I think to be eligible you have to be laid off plus you are considered a displaced worker due to offshoring.

I think it works best when the MTSO agrees to this, and from what I gather by reading the threads maybe Medquist did years ago, but would any of them now? I wonder. They just will not part with one dollar they don't have to, so not sure how hard it would be to get that.

That's exactly what I was talking about, and forgive - me -sm

[ In Reply To ..]
please because I was distracted and in a hurry and it's a miracle you understood my question!

Check with your state/local employmennt office - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
When you sign up for unemployment through our state, they have a lot of resources at the office. They put together a package working with a local college for my husband that included unemployment compensation, tuition grant, transportation and a small loan. It wasn't easy, but he has a great job now that he really enjoys.

Good luck if you're in California - Rags

[ In Reply To ..]
There's no more TAA or training of any kind if you're unemployed. They say they can no longer afford to do that. However, most administrators received an increase in pay this year.

Similar Messages:

S/L EMCET Was Called; Patient Was In PEA. MSET? M CET? Team Was Called
Oct 02, 2012

xx ...

TAA & Retraining
Jan 11, 2010

Just talked to my state One-Stop Career Center.  Got an appointment for tomorrow to get started on the process of re-training for something - I have no clue what I want to be when I grow up! I had been putting off calling, but it was relatively painless.  I was hoping to ride this horse another 9 years until retirement, but looks like that ain't gonna happen. The local community college offers a truck driving, over the road kind of thing; I'm thinking about that.  G ...

TAA And Retraining
Jan 11, 2010

I called the contact number for TAA in Alabama this morning and was told that the petition is a New Jersey petition and therefore cannot be used by me.  Think I'm just gonna give up.  ...

Job Retraining
May 23, 2012

Has anyone done any investigating to see what retraining opportunities are available? According to the White House and the DOL, our industry certainly has been impacted.  If anyone has run the red tape gauntlet recently, do you have any comments? thots?  I, for one, would like to hear.   FYI: From the White House press office 03-12-2012:  Displaced workers are individuals who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own, but because their employer closed a plant or d ...

Question About This TAA And Retraining Sm...
Oct 26, 2009

I saw the post below about the TAA and retraining and I have read the web site, etc. What I cannot really figure out is where I would go to find out if I qualify?   There is a petitition to fill out but it says you have to have 3 people and they all must work in the same office, so I am thinking that would not it our situation?  Someone said MQ was designated as a company where retraining would be available.  I also read on the web site that your state will contact you ...

Anyone Know What Medquist Job Retraining Ad Is About ....
Aug 20, 2010

nm ...

Retraining Through Unemployment?
Dec 12, 2012

Wondering if any long-term MTs are out there that have had problems since going to SR have gotten fired and qualified for retraining through unemployment?  In the 14 years I was a MT before SR my quality was never below 99%, always well above required lines.  I guess I just cannot read as well as I can type.  I have even seen my doctor, who says that since reading uses a different part of the brain than typing, it's possible that I have had ADD and was never bothered until th ...

MT Retraining Free Online College Courses
Sep 05, 2014

Here are a list of sites that offer free Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) college classes/coursework/tests online, some come with certificates of completion but you have to enroll by a deadline usually and once you do enroll you should treat it like a class you pay for.    coursera.com  Stanford,Yale edX.com openculture.com   Harvard and MIT  ocw.mit.edu  almost all of MITs course content is available online for free   Not all offer cer ...

Retraining Programs To Those Of Us Displaced By Work Going Off Shore
Oct 23, 2014

I know I have seen this in the past, but cannot remember what the resources were.  I consider myself displaced due to off-shoring of my work (which would cover most of us), but I cannot remember what this information was regarding getting retraining due to this situation.  Can anyone help?  Thanks so much. ...

I Get Paid By The Minutes Typed. Is There Anyone Else Out There That Gets Paid By The Minute.
Mar 01, 2012

I was curious if any other MTs are getting paid by the minute too. Replies are welcomed. I am required to get 131 minutes for an 8 hour shift. We get incentive if over. We also use VR, so that helps, and we have weighted doctors. Thanks, MeL ...

Anyone Else Just Lose Their Job From MD-IT?
Feb 21, 2011

Anyone else just lose their job from MD-IT?  Tired of hearing now work when I was getting my line count. ...

If You Go From FT To PT Do You Lose PTO You Have?
Jan 15, 2014

I may have another job, but it will be a paycut. However, it will be more secure, days, no weekends or holidays. I was considering switching to part-time status to make up the difference and was worried I might lose the 20 hours of PTO I have saved. ...

How Many Keystrokes Will We Lose With 6.1?
Sep 04, 2010

With the number feature, we just do Ctrl Sft L and all that is put in, but now we will not get paid for typing these and we will not get paid for the commands either...  Same with the headings.  I bet we wont be paid for those either. Was this upgrade implemented to cost us more lines to not be paid per report???? ...

Anyone Else Lose An ER Account? (sm)
Jan 27, 2014

I was told they lost the account.  No notice, just unemployed.  ...

What Does This Mean? Hope We Do Not Lose Our Jobs.
Nov 05, 2009

Transcribers Band for Network HDM Breaking News, November 4, 2009 The Medical Transcription Industry Association, Verizon Business and five transcription firms have formed a consortium to develop common standards and practices for digitizing and sharing transcriptions of physician-dictated notes.Basking Ridge, N.J.-based Verizon is contributing an information technology platform, expected to be available later this year. Charter transcription firms in the new Medical Transcription Service Cons ...

Had Conference Call; Did Not Lose My Job
Apr 12, 2010

"They" were actually referring to a different incident, a few days before this one, where I had signed off after being bounced around for 1-1/2 hours and could not make heads nor tails of the ESL dictators.   I had sent in an explanatory note that time too. Anyway --- there was a viable two-way conversation.  They didn't make a big deal out of the form -- told me to just sign it and forget about it --and it eventually will fade into remote history. For me, it's fine be ...

Completely Lose My Rhythm When
Jul 31, 2010

Okay-- finally got a few jobs to do after hours of NJA. But I lost my rhythm. I don't even know what to do with them. I feel like a cat looking at some strange object on the floor and tapping it with its paw. What are those two weird things in my queue? I look at them. Then I check my email. Then I look at the things in the queue again. Then I go get something to drink. In the back of my mind, it seems like there is something I need to do about those things in my queue, but I can' ...

Can You Lose Dictation That Is Already In Your Queue?
Aug 18, 2010

Once again, I was down to my last few jobs, but hurrying to get them because I could tell from the list of jobs that someone else was eating up the dictation too. I had my download setting on 2 jobs. I was zipping through a 30-second dictation set to 150% playback, and once that was done, I was planning to do the other job in my queue and maybe one more, before there was no more work. But when I finished the 30-second job, the other job in my queue was gone, and all the jobs had vanish ...

A Week After The Webmedx Pay Changes, How Much Did You Lose?
May 09, 2011

Just wondering how we're all doing after a week. How much pay did you lose in one full week? Sad to see how this company has changed. You used to never see anything negative about them on these boards. They were rarely mentioned at all. My how times have changed. ...

Thanks Keystrokes - First A Pay Cut Now We Lose Insurance Too.
May 23, 2011

Wonder if we will ever see any of that premium payment you are saving. Adios. ...

Does Anyone Else Lose Foot Pedal Use
Apr 26, 2012

this is driving me nuts...have to reboot the entire computer to get it back working ...

Will They Make Us PT And Lose Benefits Due To NSA?
May 30, 2012

I'm wondering how many paychecks short of 40 hours due to NSA before the company decides to tell us we are no longer qualified for benefits as FT employees. Anybody know? thanks ...

Fluency Lose Connection With Anybody Else?
Sep 12, 2013

x ...

If We Are Out Of TAT Do TSMs Lose A Bonus Or Something?
Jan 25, 2015

Seems like when we have gotten out of TAT they authorize OT like crazy.  Or do we have penalties to customers for out of TAT work? ...

ILPs Lose Big Accounts In SA4/south
Apr 08, 2010

CCM sent notice that we'd be getting the lots of work from K*** facilities back from ILPs, and finally happening. Surely more facilities will see that getting what they're paying for is A MAJOR MISTAKE, and demand US MTs do their work. ...

Did MQ Lose Clients/Hospitals Across The Board?
Nov 02, 2010

I really would like to know the answer to this and wonder how to find out the true answer.  Some (all?) of the hospitals are very demand and critical, so its impossible to believe they want their work to go to India.  MQ is screwing up royally with their software for the MT's so I can imagine it is just as bad for the hospitals.  My question is why is there and why has there been so little work throught the entire US? ...

RED ALERT! SOS! SOS! SOS! - How Long Can This Go On Before We Lose The Accounts? Nm
Sep 29, 2013

x ...

Did The North Lose Another Biggie To India
Mar 03, 2014

the rest of the * by any chance? ...

! Imedx To Lose Major Account
Nov 22, 2014

If  you woke up this morning with several hundred jobs out of TAT on a major account for IMEDX, you should not be surprised. Imedx made their bed when they offered 12 hour TAT versus the 24 hour TAT that was prior, just to get an account. This is nothing new, this industry's MTSO have been lowering the bar just to get more accounts. QA over the years has gotten tougher, which a subjective 98.5% pass rate. When I tell everyone that my grandkid got a 97.4% on a test and was expelled, th ...

Poll Time, Either Straight Or VR, Could You Lose Your Job If You Don’t
Oct 14, 2009

I just heard yesterday where 1 place is saying you have to do at least 4000 lines per day in VR in order to work for them. Are other places saying the same, how about where you work? ...