A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Completely lose my rhythm when - waiting for jobs

Posted: Jul 31, 2010

Okay-- finally got a few jobs to do after hours of NJA. But I lost my rhythm. I don't even know what to do with them. I feel like a cat looking at some strange object on the floor and tapping it with its paw. What are those two weird things in my queue? I look at them. Then I check my email. Then I look at the things in the queue again. Then I go get something to drink. In the back of my mind, it seems like there is something I need to do about those things in my queue, but I can't remember exactly what. Finally I start very slowly to do the jobs. Sheesh! And to think I used to be a high producer at the hospital. How does anybody keep their rhythm when they get-- let's see-- no jobs at 8 AM, 2 jobs at 11 AM, 3 jobs at 1 PM, a job at 4 PM, and 6 jobs at 8 PM? Then as a PS, 2 more jobs at 11 PM. It feels so disjointed. I can't even work when I HAVE work. There is no flow. No flow, people! No flow! (rant rant)

great description. and I agree. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't hardly function with a job here, and a job there. Cannot get a rhythm, or a momentum. It increases my distractability and decreases my motivation. I'd much rather work under high pressure than low volume.

lost - rhythm

[ In Reply To ..]
Glad to hear you agree. Thought maybe I was just a lazy "loser transcriptionist"! I just cannot start from zero, pounce on a job and start working furiously. It usually takes at least an hour of steady work to hit my stride.

you're definitely not alone. - no mess.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Waiting - What prisoners do - It's their punishment. And drudgery. - Sitting here waiting...

[ In Reply To ..]
As my life passes before my eyes, I sit here waiting. As time passes without a job, my mental calculator subtracts income, like a debit card.

I hate this.

I only wait 30 min. If no jobs, I log off and go - - Rocky Raccoon

[ In Reply To ..]
take care of something on my OWN agenda that needs doing. Market. Laundry. Yardwork. EXERCISE. Lunch or dinner. Artwork or crafts that can be sold as a second income. Filing. Personal correspondence. Reading. Web-surfing. Vacuuming. Pet care. Bill-juggling.

And, most importantly, JOB-HUNTING !!!

After my personal task is completed, I'll log on again and do whatever work is available. If I get NJA again, then too bad for them! I turn off the PC and go check off the next thing on my to-do list.

Just because THEIR time-management skills suck, doesn't mean ours have to.

You got that right - control what you can

[ In Reply To ..]
That's what I do too - if I get NSA for an hour, I start job hunting while I wait for work. If they don't like it, then bring on the work.

Similar Messages:

S/l EKG: Brief Dysfunctional Rhythm.
Aug 11, 2010

Could this be correct? Thanks,   Abby ...

A-paced Rhythm?
Aug 22, 2011

I have heard this word/phrase several times now in dealing with cardiology reports. I am wondering what the correct way to write this is. The phrase is "a-paced." Context: "The patient A-paced 14% of the time and ventricular paced 31% of the time." Does anyone know what that means exactly and what the correct way to write it is? A paced? A-paced or a-paced? Thanks for your help! :) ...

Electroencephalogram: Unremarkable With 9 Hz Posterior *donum* Rhythm. Thanks. Nm
Apr 15, 2010

nm ...

This Is What I Hear; How Do I Type It Correctly? CV; S1 And S2 Normal Rate And Rhythm.
Aug 09, 2013

nm.  Thanks. ...

Her IV Insulin, "alagril" Rhythm Protocol Was Initiated...
Apr 26, 2010

Question is "alagril" rhythm protocol  can not find Alagril  TIA ...

Sounds Like "Wortz" Rhythm Atrial Fibrillation
Mar 22, 2013

It sounds like the doctor is saying "Worst or Wortz" rhythm atrial fibrillation. Looked in Stedmans cardiology, Dorlands, etc. and even the internet, but can not find anything that resembles this. Help please ...

Anyone Else Just Lose Their Job From MD-IT?
Feb 21, 2011

Anyone else just lose their job from MD-IT?  Tired of hearing now work when I was getting my line count. ...

If You Go From FT To PT Do You Lose PTO You Have?
Jan 15, 2014

I may have another job, but it will be a paycut. However, it will be more secure, days, no weekends or holidays. I was considering switching to part-time status to make up the difference and was worried I might lose the 20 hours of PTO I have saved. ...

Completely Fed Up!
Jun 28, 2012

I am so sick of these dictations that are less than 60 seconds long, pay from .08 to .24 cents each that require 3 minutes of unpaid work to set up. This means I am only paid for one third of my time working, and that is if all their resource-hog software just happens to be working right without locking up or generation another error mesasage requiring another 5 minutes unpaid time to go through the "start ANOTHER IT ticket" process. I think out only hope is to keep filling letting their da ...

How Many Keystrokes Will We Lose With 6.1?
Sep 04, 2010

With the number feature, we just do Ctrl Sft L and all that is put in, but now we will not get paid for typing these and we will not get paid for the commands either...  Same with the headings.  I bet we wont be paid for those either. Was this upgrade implemented to cost us more lines to not be paid per report???? ...

Anyone Else Lose An ER Account? (sm)
Jan 27, 2014

I was told they lost the account.  No notice, just unemployed.  ...

I Am Not Really Positive I Completely Buy Into ~sm~ TIA
Mar 27, 2010

I am not really positive I completely buy into the fact that this illnesses is of such s/l reparation as his gamma globulin levels have been a little bit elevated and I wonder if there is more chronicity than we think. ...

Well I Sympathize Completely, But There Is
Apr 30, 2012

a humble servant... It is time to cease being a humble servant and realize the power that you as ONE have. One more reason to engage in Strike Day yourself... Pull up BBCs broadcast early morning Sunday into Monday on CEOs and how shareholders are holding them accountable pay-wise. It is happening and MTs are just another word for "shareholders." Remember, there is power in numbers so participate even if you are fearful and then reach out to me or someone else if they come after you or fire ...

Completely Demoralized
Nov 30, 2012

I am on a team that does editing only on one specific platform (although there are many versions of it).  We recently had schedule changes.  Prior to the schedule changes, I had work.  Now...not so much.  They DOUBLED the amount of editors on accounts that were already overstaffed.  I am completely and utterly disheartened by this.  I was, until this point, ready to stay with this company for as long as it took for them to work things out.  What a demoralizing ...

Now Completely Out Of Work
Jun 01, 2013

regular work hours, but for some reason completely happy.  Poverty:  The key to bliss!   ...

Anyone Else Completely NJA For Most Of The Afternoon?
Jul 24, 2013

nm ...

Completely Frazzled
Jul 25, 2013

Just need to vent.  Having a very, very bad day.  I have worked and worked to try to be a success at this job and now most days I just sit and cry while I type.  I am so overwhelmed by the horrible pay and only hearing from the email that more needs to be done.  More lines, less pay.  How sad for a job that should be considered very important in the health care role.  Thanks for listening. ...

Completely Confused About
May 16, 2014

Can you qualify for that weekly based on, I guess the previous week? Or something? I got a very unusual surprise - MORE pay than I expected, rather than less (which is the usual), and realized somehow I had qualified for production even though I thought I was out, thinking that was a 3 month thing too, so wasn't even trying, just trying to get more lines since I had lost out, I thought, on all bonuses. So can someone confirm production bonus is based on last week's QA post audit - or ...

OOW Is Getting Completely Ridiculous
Oct 14, 2014

Up to now, I have hardly ever run out of work but the last 2 weeks it has become steadily more and more and here I sit on a Tuesday morning with no work.  I hope to God we are not losing this account because it is an awesome account.  I cannot sit here and work all day as I have a second job that I work also.  This is truly killing me!!  Might as well go back to bed ...

Work Is Almost Completely Gone
Oct 16, 2014

I was trying to keep a positive outlook on a buy out and go with this company.  The account I've worked on for years is almost gone and it sure didn't take long since the takeover.  I know their pattern and how much work should be there.  I'm certain it's being "shipped out" you know where.  My Thursday was the busiest day of the week and has been for years.  So now I sit here looking for work and getting more disappointed each day.  Manager sai ...

What Does This Mean? Hope We Do Not Lose Our Jobs.
Nov 05, 2009

Transcribers Band for Network HDM Breaking News, November 4, 2009 The Medical Transcription Industry Association, Verizon Business and five transcription firms have formed a consortium to develop common standards and practices for digitizing and sharing transcriptions of physician-dictated notes.Basking Ridge, N.J.-based Verizon is contributing an information technology platform, expected to be available later this year. Charter transcription firms in the new Medical Transcription Service Cons ...

Had Conference Call; Did Not Lose My Job
Apr 12, 2010

"They" were actually referring to a different incident, a few days before this one, where I had signed off after being bounced around for 1-1/2 hours and could not make heads nor tails of the ESL dictators.   I had sent in an explanatory note that time too. Anyway --- there was a viable two-way conversation.  They didn't make a big deal out of the form -- told me to just sign it and forget about it --and it eventually will fade into remote history. For me, it's fine be ...

Can You Lose Dictation That Is Already In Your Queue?
Aug 18, 2010

Once again, I was down to my last few jobs, but hurrying to get them because I could tell from the list of jobs that someone else was eating up the dictation too. I had my download setting on 2 jobs. I was zipping through a 30-second dictation set to 150% playback, and once that was done, I was planning to do the other job in my queue and maybe one more, before there was no more work. But when I finished the 30-second job, the other job in my queue was gone, and all the jobs had vanish ...

A Week After The Webmedx Pay Changes, How Much Did You Lose?
May 09, 2011

Just wondering how we're all doing after a week. How much pay did you lose in one full week? Sad to see how this company has changed. You used to never see anything negative about them on these boards. They were rarely mentioned at all. My how times have changed. ...

Thanks Keystrokes - First A Pay Cut Now We Lose Insurance Too.
May 23, 2011

Wonder if we will ever see any of that premium payment you are saving. Adios. ...

Does Anyone Else Lose Foot Pedal Use
Apr 26, 2012

this is driving me nuts...have to reboot the entire computer to get it back working ...

Will They Make Us PT And Lose Benefits Due To NSA?
May 30, 2012

I'm wondering how many paychecks short of 40 hours due to NSA before the company decides to tell us we are no longer qualified for benefits as FT employees. Anybody know? thanks ...

Fluency Lose Connection With Anybody Else?
Sep 12, 2013

x ...

If We Are Out Of TAT Do TSMs Lose A Bonus Or Something?
Jan 25, 2015

Seems like when we have gotten out of TAT they authorize OT like crazy.  Or do we have penalties to customers for out of TAT work? ...

I Know The Upgrade Is Not Completely Done, But Has The Moderator
Oct 17, 2009

I looked at all the forums and read all the primary posts (not the replies) and cannot find if the Moderator has addressed this, so if I missed it, sorry.  If not, does anyone know if the posts that are falling off Page 1 will be brought back when all the updates are complete and the archives are available?  I was looking for something that was posted on the first or second day when the new upgrade had just been done, and realized that what I had posted on the 8th (the day the upgrade ...