A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What does this mean? Hope we do not lose our jobs. - Whoopie

Posted: Nov 05, 2009

Transcribers Band for Network

HDM Breaking News, November 4, 2009

The Medical Transcription Industry Association, Verizon Business and five transcription firms have formed a consortium to develop common standards and practices for digitizing and sharing transcriptions of physician-dictated notes.

Basking Ridge, N.J.-based Verizon is contributing an information technology platform, expected to be available later this year. Charter transcription firms in the new Medical Transcription Service Consortium include MD-IT, MedQuist, MxSecure, Sten-Tel and Webmedx. Proponents believe making standards-based, digitized transcriptions available over a network will ease inputting the documents into electronic health records systems.

The Modesto, Calif.-based association estimates its member companies annually create and electronically archive more than 2.4 billion transcribed medical records involving more than 70% of U.S. physicians.

--Joseph Goedert

For more information on related topics, visit the following channels:

records - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
From what I understand, Verizon is in the process of creating a network for EMR that any physician/hospital, etc., would be able to connect to in order to access the patient health information.

Right now this type of information is generally limited to specific facilities/doctors within the same health system group. I believe once Verizon is done, any medical facility will be able to access any EMR through a nationwide network specifically used only for that information. Patient reords would be sent through that system database. I'm not sure if the MTSO or some other entity would be overseeing this HIM. I guess time will tell.

Probably means more major changes - Just guessing

[ In Reply To ..]
for MQ MTs. Maybe they will replace DocQscribe with some other platform that will work just as efficiently as our new time-reporting system, LOL. MQ motto of late seems to be "if we are going to break everything that works, may as well go all the way."

I know, "attitude." I am working on it.

EMR - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
I have an automatic Google search of Medquist. I received a link today on this subject. From what I understand Verizon is currently working out an EMR format to be used across the nation, and possibly global. Again, I am not sure I am understanding this correctly, but here is the link I received for their site. I mentioned in an earlier post that some of our accounts were lost to offshore, but many others were lost to EMR, these are the reasons for our work shortage in all regions.

http://www.exfo.com/en/expertisehub/ChallengeView.aspx?Id=A2&Cp=TMC

EMR - metoo

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe you are correct. I know the doctors with EMR here said they have a central manager for the records which is probably Google. If so, that the the company where the records were made public on the internet with EMR. It may take some time, but in the long run, records are not safe done this way.

Similar Messages:

57 Transcriptionists In New Mexico Lose Jobs To Nuance
Apr 12, 2013

I feel bad for these employees; they will be losing all of their benefits and good pay...   http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/hospital-management-administration/university-of-new-mexico-hospital-lays-off-57.html ...

This Gives Me Hope That There Are Still Good Jobs In
Jan 15, 2010

I love this in-house job ad.  Wish I lived in Pennsylvania: Medical Records Transcriptionist Promoting Hope, Healing, and Wholeness BASIC FUNCTION: Under general supervision transcribes treatment teams’ dictation for inclusion in patients’ medical records. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Operates dictating equipment and word processor in order to transcribe materials dictated by treatment team members for inclusion in the patient medical record. Depending on length of dictation, transc ...

Used To Hope For Lots Of Work, Now I Hope For NJA Or To Be FIRED
Oct 09, 2013

This job is not worth the trouble.  It certainly does nothing for me when I open the "paycheck" every 2 weeks and see that despite my 40 "power hours" every week, I made less than last time.  No matter what, I cannot manage to make a decent living here any more.  I am over it.  Sad to admit, and yes, the shame is on me, but I do wish for NJA or even better, to be FIRED from this place.  Just had to get this off my chest before I burst into flames of fury at the horrid qu ...

A Little Holiday Message Of Hope (I Hope!)
Dec 10, 2013

Hi, everyone. A year or so ago, I read a message by a former transcriptionist who had gotten into medical school and was at last working as a physician. I'm sure it's still here in the archives somewhere; please forgive me for not digging it up. I remain grateful to that poster to this day. Yes, even if she was making it all up! It still inspired me so much. Last month I began work at only the second job I have ever held outside the MT field. It took me seemingly forever to find it, a ...

Anyone Else Just Lose Their Job From MD-IT?
Feb 21, 2011

Anyone else just lose their job from MD-IT?  Tired of hearing now work when I was getting my line count. ...

If You Go From FT To PT Do You Lose PTO You Have?
Jan 15, 2014

I may have another job, but it will be a paycut. However, it will be more secure, days, no weekends or holidays. I was considering switching to part-time status to make up the difference and was worried I might lose the 20 hours of PTO I have saved. ...

How Many Keystrokes Will We Lose With 6.1?
Sep 04, 2010

With the number feature, we just do Ctrl Sft L and all that is put in, but now we will not get paid for typing these and we will not get paid for the commands either...  Same with the headings.  I bet we wont be paid for those either. Was this upgrade implemented to cost us more lines to not be paid per report???? ...

Anyone Else Lose An ER Account? (sm)
Jan 27, 2014

I was told they lost the account.  No notice, just unemployed.  ...

Had Conference Call; Did Not Lose My Job
Apr 12, 2010

"They" were actually referring to a different incident, a few days before this one, where I had signed off after being bounced around for 1-1/2 hours and could not make heads nor tails of the ESL dictators.   I had sent in an explanatory note that time too. Anyway --- there was a viable two-way conversation.  They didn't make a big deal out of the form -- told me to just sign it and forget about it --and it eventually will fade into remote history. For me, it's fine be ...

Completely Lose My Rhythm When
Jul 31, 2010

Okay-- finally got a few jobs to do after hours of NJA. But I lost my rhythm. I don't even know what to do with them. I feel like a cat looking at some strange object on the floor and tapping it with its paw. What are those two weird things in my queue? I look at them. Then I check my email. Then I look at the things in the queue again. Then I go get something to drink. In the back of my mind, it seems like there is something I need to do about those things in my queue, but I can' ...

Can You Lose Dictation That Is Already In Your Queue?
Aug 18, 2010

Once again, I was down to my last few jobs, but hurrying to get them because I could tell from the list of jobs that someone else was eating up the dictation too. I had my download setting on 2 jobs. I was zipping through a 30-second dictation set to 150% playback, and once that was done, I was planning to do the other job in my queue and maybe one more, before there was no more work. But when I finished the 30-second job, the other job in my queue was gone, and all the jobs had vanish ...

A Week After The Webmedx Pay Changes, How Much Did You Lose?
May 09, 2011

Just wondering how we're all doing after a week. How much pay did you lose in one full week? Sad to see how this company has changed. You used to never see anything negative about them on these boards. They were rarely mentioned at all. My how times have changed. ...

Thanks Keystrokes - First A Pay Cut Now We Lose Insurance Too.
May 23, 2011

Wonder if we will ever see any of that premium payment you are saving. Adios. ...

Does Anyone Else Lose Foot Pedal Use
Apr 26, 2012

this is driving me nuts...have to reboot the entire computer to get it back working ...

Will They Make Us PT And Lose Benefits Due To NSA?
May 30, 2012

I'm wondering how many paychecks short of 40 hours due to NSA before the company decides to tell us we are no longer qualified for benefits as FT employees. Anybody know? thanks ...

Fluency Lose Connection With Anybody Else?
Sep 12, 2013

x ...

If We Are Out Of TAT Do TSMs Lose A Bonus Or Something?
Jan 25, 2015

Seems like when we have gotten out of TAT they authorize OT like crazy.  Or do we have penalties to customers for out of TAT work? ...

ILPs Lose Big Accounts In SA4/south
Apr 08, 2010

CCM sent notice that we'd be getting the lots of work from K*** facilities back from ILPs, and finally happening. Surely more facilities will see that getting what they're paying for is A MAJOR MISTAKE, and demand US MTs do their work. ...

Did MQ Lose Clients/Hospitals Across The Board?
Nov 02, 2010

I really would like to know the answer to this and wonder how to find out the true answer.  Some (all?) of the hospitals are very demand and critical, so its impossible to believe they want their work to go to India.  MQ is screwing up royally with their software for the MT's so I can imagine it is just as bad for the hospitals.  My question is why is there and why has there been so little work throught the entire US? ...

RED ALERT! SOS! SOS! SOS! - How Long Can This Go On Before We Lose The Accounts? Nm
Sep 29, 2013

x ...

What Is That Retraining Called When You Lose Your Job And Its Paid For
Jan 28, 2014

nm ...

Did The North Lose Another Biggie To India
Mar 03, 2014

the rest of the * by any chance? ...

! Imedx To Lose Major Account
Nov 22, 2014

If  you woke up this morning with several hundred jobs out of TAT on a major account for IMEDX, you should not be surprised. Imedx made their bed when they offered 12 hour TAT versus the 24 hour TAT that was prior, just to get an account. This is nothing new, this industry's MTSO have been lowering the bar just to get more accounts. QA over the years has gotten tougher, which a subjective 98.5% pass rate. When I tell everyone that my grandkid got a 97.4% on a test and was expelled, th ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

Poll Time, Either Straight Or VR, Could You Lose Your Job If You Don’t
Oct 14, 2009

I just heard yesterday where 1 place is saying you have to do at least 4000 lines per day in VR in order to work for them. Are other places saying the same, how about where you work? ...

Way To Go! Lose Accounts, No Work, And Hire More Management! Nm
Apr 09, 2010

nm ...

This Company Makes Me Lose My Religion Eveyr Single Day...sm
Jul 23, 2013

Just venting because if I don't I'll surely just explosed...  I so just want to quit... Just walk away and never look back.... I just can't do that and pay my bills right now, but ohhhh how I want to...  I have cursed so many times today under my breath that it's a really good thing the person on the other end of the "phone" can't hear me.... God has a plan for me, but I'm pretty sure it's not spending my days cursing under my breath and wanting to te ...

Exhausting Overtime, Then Lose An Account, Keep On With Massive Hiring, Then NJA. Nm
Oct 12, 2014

xx ...

Link To Check Computers For Malware May Lose Intet Tomorrow
Jul 08, 2012

supposedly will cut internet access tomorrow,,last time I looked no check for Vista..at least my work computer is XP,,,  http://www.dcwg.org/detect/  This came through a local news station so I believe it is safe up to you guys to decide,,, ...

Is There Hope For My Pay?
Jul 12, 2010

So... I've been at Medquist for about 6 months - I was a new grad so I only make 0.05 a line (I know, I know, save your comments about that people!). I actually have really good accounts so I never make less than $12 an hour so at least I'm not making minimum wage. But anyway I was wondering if anyone knew what people with a year experience start at and what my hopes are for raises in the future. Surely they can't pay me 0.05 forever, right?? right??? ...