A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Did MQ Lose Clients/Hospitals Across the Board? - Tiredofbeingafraid

Posted: Nov 02, 2010

I really would like to know the answer to this and wonder how to find out the true answer.  Some (all?) of the hospitals are very demand and critical, so its impossible to believe they want their work to go to India.  MQ is screwing up royally with their software for the MT's so I can imagine it is just as bad for the hospitals.  My question is why is there and why has there been so little work throught the entire US?

that is where you are wrong friend - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The work is going to India, 80% of total volume.

The client cannot do anything about it because it never leaves US soil. They dial into the US to transcribe and done, it is their loophole. Additionally, they have US MTs to fix the junk. Another loophole.

I know people think that the hospital would not dream of sending work overseas, but they have strict budgets and the reports come back all cleaned up, so what do they care???

The OP below is incorrect. Please sm. - ExMgr

[ In Reply To ..]
Client contracts come expire and renew constantly according to their contractual times. As well, sometimes clients want to renegotiate contracts because they have been given a better offer by another MTSO, etc. All any MTSO can do is try to meet/beat another business offer at any given time.

Clients DO have say in whether their work is offshored as well as utilizing ASR. It is negogiated in their contract.

The Q has never done even a remotely satisfactory job at appropriate workload distribution. Even worse is their communication.

There is not little work across all the US but only in certain regions.

You can thank the corporate head for their constant musical chairs strategy. Every 4-6 months, they change up the game plan, redistrict and remap, change titles and some job descriptions, hire and fire, yet it is the same spear-head in charge. Even the CEOs are inbound/outbound at any given time. Yet, the same pony and side show still in place calling the shots. The ring leader and master of ceremony positions are held by your current COO and the infamous woman who is his sidekick.

It is all about whether those 2 people like you and protect you.

Just sit back and enjoy the circus while you eat your peanuts for that is all you will ever get from this company.

And for what it's worth: Nothing has really changed since CBay stepped in except now the Q is noted for even lower quality work.

Interesting article on the Main board. I'm not sure who posted it or where they got it but it really does nail it.

The Q is faltering. CBay does not help but the dingy had already sprung a leak before. All that duct taping it together just loses its glue sooner or later.

I really like your postings - Old part-timer

[ In Reply To ..]
You are in a unique position as an ex-manager and I'm sure could really open our eyes about a lot of things! I wish I could go to lunch with you some time and hear the unvarnished truth!

I have not seen a decrease in work in my - Different depending on SA

[ In Reply To ..]
service area. As a matter of fact, they have recently added some new facilities in the same hospital group and one new hospital group of accounts to our work load. The one hospital group is very picky (audit our reports regularly) and none of these facilities offshore. I heard that the one group of hospitals did offshore at one time, but brought it back to the US because of quality issues, but don't know this for a fact.

Not Making It Up -- The Low Work Load - Sickofit

[ In Reply To ..]
We have gone from 13 pages of work a day down to maybe 2 pages of work from our primary/beloved account. We were always 1 day behind and now we are not 1 hour behind. I miss my job.

Not suggesting you are making this up, I know - Different depending on SA

[ In Reply To ..]
many areas of MQ are running out of work on a regular basis because some are friends of mine and it is awful. I was merely stating that my area has not been affected with NJA and in fact are more busy. I did not mean for my post to sound like I was not believing what many are experiencing. I feel for all the MTs who are constantly out of work and wish I had the power to give them some of mine. I also realize that at any time my accounts could decide to offshore or simply not renew their contract with MQ and I will be in the same boat as many other MQ MTs. It is a very real threat.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Else Just Lose Their Job From MD-IT?
Feb 21, 2011

Anyone else just lose their job from MD-IT?  Tired of hearing now work when I was getting my line count. ...

If You Go From FT To PT Do You Lose PTO You Have?
Jan 15, 2014

I may have another job, but it will be a paycut. However, it will be more secure, days, no weekends or holidays. I was considering switching to part-time status to make up the difference and was worried I might lose the 20 hours of PTO I have saved. ...

For Those With Your Own Clients...
Jul 27, 2011

I am wondering when you started soliciting clients if you already had a platform in place or did you wait to see what the potential clients were already using.  I want to start trying to get my own accounts as there have been a lot of practices open up near me recently, but not sure of the steps to take in the beginning.  I am thinking of using Emdat Inscribe as I am already familar with it, but not sure if that is something I need to set up first or is that a waste if the cl ...

? For MTs With Their Own Clients
Sep 22, 2013

Just wondering, for those MTs who do now or in the past have had their own clients...if you had dictators whose dictation style was extremely fast, haphazard or overall just terrible to understand, would you ever contact them and ask that they slow down or clean it up a little? Am curious if you felt you had a right to request decent dictations to work with when you were your own boss. ...

How Many Keystrokes Will We Lose With 6.1?
Sep 04, 2010

With the number feature, we just do Ctrl Sft L and all that is put in, but now we will not get paid for typing these and we will not get paid for the commands either...  Same with the headings.  I bet we wont be paid for those either. Was this upgrade implemented to cost us more lines to not be paid per report???? ...

Anyone Else Lose An ER Account? (sm)
Jan 27, 2014

I was told they lost the account.  No notice, just unemployed.  ...

Finding Own Clients PLEASE HELP
Oct 21, 2009

Hi Everyone, Right now the company I work for hardly has any work.  I am thinking about sending out a letter to local clinics and also maybe putting out an ad on craigslist for transcription work.  Have you tried this?  I have questions:   What things do I have to consider? How do I charge people (I know I can do line count in INstantText and figure out line count and cost)-is 10 CPL a good place to start?  Are there other costs I need to factor in?  How about tax ...

Ever Wonder What Clients Would Think About Doing Their Own Outsourcing?
Oct 26, 2010

Just thinking out loud here.  I know many practices probably do their own outsourcing to MTs at home. Why not more?  It must be cheaper for them with higher quality work, personalized service, etc.  Some hospitals even hire MTs to work from home rather than use an MTSO. How can we, as the MT community, reach more clients/practices.  Surely they have a liason in the office who handles the direction of their transcribed reports, in-house editing; someone who could do ...

Do You Think The Providers/clients Know?
May 17, 2011

I mean, I'm an IC, or whatever I'm called now since I'm doing VR.....there has been talk around the company that perhaps the providers don't even know their documents have been moved to VR.  In reality, I think that this might ring true!  Some of us have quit for ethical reasons, and I can say for certain my VR isn't getting any better with the ahhs and ands and everything else that seems to be in the dication that shouldn't be.  After all, the VR doe ...

Wanting To Get My Own Clients
Jan 08, 2012

I am wanting to start getting my own clients again (haven't done that since I picked up and delivered, printed, etc.!!!) but know nothing about the dictation portion of it.  How do you get an FTP site?  Where do you go to get the dictation set up and be able to transcribe it?  What other things do I need to do for that?  Help!  Thank you all :) ...

He Should Tell Those Happy Clients How Much They Pay Us.
Oct 15, 2012

x ...

Need Help Setting Up To Get My Own Clients
Sep 23, 2014

20 years ago, like a lot of us, I worked at home typing dictations from cassettes on a typewriter!   Recently I was asked by a health care provider if I can do her dictation notes on her own program, using her own templates, send them to her printer from my computer, like is done with the national company I work for.  How do I do set this up in this day and age?  Can I download her program onto a thumb drive and put in my own computer?  How do I get her templates into my ...

Wanting My Own Clients
May 17, 2015

I am wanting to start my own MTSO and have my own clients.  I need someone who has done this already to be sort of a mentor for me.  If all you are going to say is "dont do it" or "it really sucks" or other stuff like that, please save it.  I just need advice on how to get started, who makes the decisions in clinics and offices, and so on...     Thanks in advance... MTdude ...

What Does This Mean? Hope We Do Not Lose Our Jobs.
Nov 05, 2009

Transcribers Band for Network HDM Breaking News, November 4, 2009 The Medical Transcription Industry Association, Verizon Business and five transcription firms have formed a consortium to develop common standards and practices for digitizing and sharing transcriptions of physician-dictated notes.Basking Ridge, N.J.-based Verizon is contributing an information technology platform, expected to be available later this year. Charter transcription firms in the new Medical Transcription Service Cons ...

Had Conference Call; Did Not Lose My Job
Apr 12, 2010

"They" were actually referring to a different incident, a few days before this one, where I had signed off after being bounced around for 1-1/2 hours and could not make heads nor tails of the ESL dictators.   I had sent in an explanatory note that time too. Anyway --- there was a viable two-way conversation.  They didn't make a big deal out of the form -- told me to just sign it and forget about it --and it eventually will fade into remote history. For me, it's fine be ...

Completely Lose My Rhythm When
Jul 31, 2010

Okay-- finally got a few jobs to do after hours of NJA. But I lost my rhythm. I don't even know what to do with them. I feel like a cat looking at some strange object on the floor and tapping it with its paw. What are those two weird things in my queue? I look at them. Then I check my email. Then I look at the things in the queue again. Then I go get something to drink. In the back of my mind, it seems like there is something I need to do about those things in my queue, but I can' ...

Can You Lose Dictation That Is Already In Your Queue?
Aug 18, 2010

Once again, I was down to my last few jobs, but hurrying to get them because I could tell from the list of jobs that someone else was eating up the dictation too. I had my download setting on 2 jobs. I was zipping through a 30-second dictation set to 150% playback, and once that was done, I was planning to do the other job in my queue and maybe one more, before there was no more work. But when I finished the 30-second job, the other job in my queue was gone, and all the jobs had vanish ...

A Week After The Webmedx Pay Changes, How Much Did You Lose?
May 09, 2011

Just wondering how we're all doing after a week. How much pay did you lose in one full week? Sad to see how this company has changed. You used to never see anything negative about them on these boards. They were rarely mentioned at all. My how times have changed. ...

Thanks Keystrokes - First A Pay Cut Now We Lose Insurance Too.
May 23, 2011

Wonder if we will ever see any of that premium payment you are saving. Adios. ...

Does Anyone Else Lose Foot Pedal Use
Apr 26, 2012

this is driving me nuts...have to reboot the entire computer to get it back working ...

Will They Make Us PT And Lose Benefits Due To NSA?
May 30, 2012

I'm wondering how many paychecks short of 40 hours due to NSA before the company decides to tell us we are no longer qualified for benefits as FT employees. Anybody know? thanks ...

Fluency Lose Connection With Anybody Else?
Sep 12, 2013

x ...

If We Are Out Of TAT Do TSMs Lose A Bonus Or Something?
Jan 25, 2015

Seems like when we have gotten out of TAT they authorize OT like crazy.  Or do we have penalties to customers for out of TAT work? ...

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

MQ Makes The Deals With The Clients. The MT
Mar 24, 2010

shouldn't be held responsible for what MQ says.  If MQ doesn't want the responsibility for correct reports, they shouldn't make the deals, instead of making deals and then underpaying MTs and putting all the responsibility on them.  All MQ is after is the money, not the responsibility that goes with making the money. ...

MTSO Rates For Clients
Oct 30, 2010

Anyone have an idea of what MTSO client rates run?  I'm thinking 18-22 cpl for acute care (depending on TAT) and 16-20 cents for clinic (depending on TAT).  Do you think these rates are totally outrageous or about in the ballpark?  ...

Recent Calls From Clients, Etc.
Jul 26, 2012

This post is in regard to posts I have seen lately on this board regarding dictators. They actually do care or must feel they need to address situations that I bring to their attention. A call regarding flags from the physician himself. He is realizing how much time I am spending locating certain info not dictated. He tells me officially that the facility is to handle that now so as not to take up my time. A call from a dictator today, stating as he made so many errors and redictations on the ...

How Much Are MTSO's Charging Their Clients
Oct 30, 2012

Just how much profit are they making.  I have no clue, 17 years ago it was 14-cents a line for a 50 character line.  Or maybe somebody can give me a site where I can look it up myself.  Thanks ...

I'm Preparing A Brochure To Try To Get My Own Clients..
Nov 28, 2012

This is the first time I've done this, and I'd like to offer a free trial. However, I can't do too much as I'm still working for an MTSO. Any suggestions on what would be a reasonable amount of work to do for free?  Not sure if I should say something like maximum 10 letters, or maybe 1, 2, 3, days average work. I think the trial would be of mutual benefit.  I'd get an idea of how difficult their work is and they could see the quality of my work.  Would ...

Advice About Seeking New Clients
Mar 18, 2013

I am looking for info regarding how MTSOs out there obtained their clients. Are there any websites that advertise vendors or is general marketing strategies the best way to go? I am starting out on my own and just wanted to ask a little advice. Thank you! ...