A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

love an email/IM message that states - x account closed to onshore MTs

Posted: Aug 28, 2012

So irritating to see emails and messages on IM that this account it now closed to onshore MTs.  So that just says you onshore MTs have done enough, so we are now sending the rest offshore for the night, thanks for your time.  Ugh.

Thats terrible. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Yes, and they are on (offshore) 24/7 and can work any hours - how fair is that? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

And just who gave you the mistaken beleif that all - is fair in the business world?nm

[ In Reply To ..]
??

The Fair Labor Standards Act - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Where in that does it say a private company cannot have - whoever they want do their work? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Regardless, the point is - There are many US MTs needing - that work to pay their bills and
[ In Reply To ..]
put food on their tables. When you have a growling stomach or you're sitting in the dark with no electricity you could care less about what the what the Fair Labor Standards say.

I think that was the point behind the post and yes, we all know these companies offshore right along with lots of other businesses in the United States. It still does'nt make it right when your own citizens are suffering and losing jobs left and right due to jobs leaving the country. And they wonder why the unemployment rate is so high; hmmmm...does'nt take a rocket scientist to figure that out.
No regardless. Private company can use whoever they want. - If you owned a company, would SM
[ In Reply To ..]
you want someone to say you had to use Indians to do 1/2 the work? No. Your business, you decide who to hire. There will always be poor and hungry, more government control of employment is not going to help that. In fact, the more government involvement, the worse the problem usually gets.
Everyone has a right to their opinion and thats yours. - We dont have to agree with you.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm.
It's not my opinion. It is a fact private company can use - whoever they want. Fact, no opinion. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
whoa its fact its their choice - as a company
[ In Reply To ..]
who they want to hire to do their work, but also a fact that I bet most Americans would not be happy to know where their personal information is going for the sake of their healthcare and leaving US workers unemployed or in most of our cases underemployed. Its just wrong. Why is it that I have to sign out of my account b/c I am onshore, so India can make their money. Now I'm faced with making up hours and struggling to get my line counts in for the week when there is clearly work, but I just am not allowed to do it..that is not fair and it shouldn't be right either.
You are confusing business with personal feelings.And nobody I - cares their med recs go OS. They dont care. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Nobody I TOLD cares - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
You are wrong! - overseas
[ In Reply To ..]
Now that is a complete lie. Some doctors I've spoke to at a local hospital here sure care about their medical dictations being shipped off to India and they have expressed several concerns to me and namely their biggest concern is lack of quality. They can hire whoever they want to work in their own offices but they are at the mercy of these hospitals who outsource to these companies that move their work overseas to India.

I have noticed, though, on MTjobs.com a trend that more and more companies are stating right on their job ad that they absolutely do not ship work overseas and even some say in their ads that overseas not to apply.
How can you call my experience a lie. It is absolutely the - response I get... Nobody cares. SM
[ In Reply To ..]
If everyone cares so much, why is it still being done. what are all these horrified people doing about it? NOTHING. And this is MY experience. Who are you to say my experience is a lie.
Wrong again! - Sheesh
[ In Reply To ..]
Your right it is THEIR CHOICE! What your wrong about is the health care entities deciding to go with these companies who outsource to India and the doctors being happy about it. They are UPSET about the service they are getting including the lack of quality. What is so hard for you to understand about that. This is my experience and who are you to question it? I've spoken 1:1 with a few doctors already about being at the mercy of the health care institutions they have privileges to practice medicine at and this health care instutituion deciding to outsource their work to an MTSO who sends work overseas. Plus, there are more and more MTSO jobs that advertise now from what I see that they DON'T send their work overseas so maybe they are catching on. That is what you are lying about.
In the end, doesnt matter who you or I talk to. Drs dont pay for - MT services, suits do. I have talked to SM
[ In Reply To ..]
doctors and PAs too. How many do you know are so upset about they are willing to pay for their own transcription cost. Yeah, the same as me - ZERO. And to let you in a little secret, the ads are not always truthful. And MTSO have been advertising for year, no OS need apply. Some say that, but fail to mention to division of the company that is OS. They keep some here for those facilities that insist on US based MT but then they have their secret side that does OS. You arent one of those that think if the ad has a US address in it that means it is a US only company, are you?
Wrong again! - For the umpteenth time!
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't be putting words in my mouth or assume how I'm thinking. How foolish of you. I know how to read and when you see them say "work is not sent overseas" and "overseas MTs or companies need not apply" is my experience as well. You lie, saying nothing is being done about it, but it is, believe me. You are no expert as I can see; you're just a poster child for work being sent overseas. The doctors are not happy, that's my experience, so don't be putting words in my mouth. Experience talks! This is my last post to you as I can see you are on a bender about this, so lip smack away....
tell me what can a patient do about it - not see the dr?
[ In Reply To ..]
If you have to go to the dr's or the hospital, most people do not sit here and think well is my medical information and financial information being kept here in the US or is somebody in India getting a hold of it. Most people don't even know. So what can they do about it...the only way to not have their information sent OS is not see the dr or go to the hospital, if their dr or hospital ships the work OS b/c it is cheaper. There is really nothing a patient can do about it. Doctors are NOT happy about it, but the other post was correct as well, they are not willing to pay for their own services either. Its a viscious cycle. If we would walk out of our jobs today b/c of our work being sent OS, the company wouldn't care, they would just send it all over to the India offices. Again, being told to sign out of work if you are onshore and you havn't even worked your entire shift yet and work is still available is only to ensure that India has the work that they want, not the US based employees. Aren't we working for America here??? I don't ever remember seeing an add for a medical transcriptionist from another country to do their work here in the US, has anybody else?
What can the pt do? Get vocal and public, let everyone know. Doing - nothing, gets you nowhere. SM
[ In Reply To ..]
It is easy enough to say "they" need to stop this, "they" need to do something about this. Just who do you think "they" are? And how can anyone gripe, complain and whine that it isnt fair jobs go OS, if one is not willing to do something.
I am so amazed how you - are so on the blame of everybody
[ In Reply To ..]
but where the blame should be placed. AGAIN...do you even get it? Years ago when I started as an MT there was no offshoring the work. The work stayed in the US. Tell me if you are sick and have to go to the hospital are you even TOLD that your information is sent OS...no you are asked to sign a paper so they can do treatment and bill your insurance..NOT please sign this paper so I can send your information to india b/c it is so much cheaper for our facility. The government is well aware of what is going on, after all they promote it. Tell me again, how vocal can you get when nothing gets done...you see how vocal MTs are and I for one am very vocal with HR and my team leads and NOTHING has ever changed. Just so amazed how you just have no problem with the way that things are.
You do know all your financial info goes OS also, - dont you? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I would beg to differ - most I have talked to
[ In Reply To ..]
and find out that their personal information, including finances, goes OS are not happy about it at all. I am not confusing personal feelings with business feelings...my feelings aren't an issue here MY PAY AND MY WORK IS THE ISSUE. You might not mind your pay being crap b/c your work is sent OS and you may not mind your personal info being sent overseas, but I know a lot of people who certainly do. Who seriously would promote OS work unless you are actually making money off of the OS work. WE AREN'T MAKING WE ARE LOSING, so tell me again how my personal feelings are coming into play. I don't joke when it comes to my money. I have a family to support and maybe if I lived in India, it wouldn't be a problem, I wouldn't have to fight for work. We are American doing American citizens work here...
All those ppl you tell about records going OS who arent happy - about it, what are they going to do about it? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Okay, I am confused as to who is saying what here - but to the poster who is
[ In Reply To ..]
insisting upon being the spokesperson/cheerleader/promoter to offshoring - I do believe we were stating our opinions here.

We DO NOT CARE about companies having a right to hire people offshore to do their work; however, what we do care about is the fact that many US citizens are either unemployed or underemployed and we have EVERY RIGHT to express our concerns and voice our opinions.

We get that the businesses have a right to offshore we are not debating that. The point is WE DONT AGREE WITH IT when so many Americans are struggling.
You can not agree with anything you want. Not agreeing - wont change a thing. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Who pissed in your Cheerios? - RC
[ In Reply To ..]
>:(
I want to be your friend! You seem like such a - nice person.
[ In Reply To ..]
Do you kiss your mama with that mouth?

you can thank the Republican party for that - last month

[ In Reply To ..]
Last month your friends in the GOP vetoed the bill that would have penalized companies for offshoring.

thats b/c they are - a cheerleader for cheap labor

[ In Reply To ..]
even if it means putting our own US based employees out of work. Then they want to wonder why people are even struggling to make it and say we should just find a better job or look for another job and get off our lazy butts..when we are far from lazy, we are paid dirt low wages, can't have the work that we should have b/c the company not only gets tax breaks to send the work over there, but has our own politicians, whom are millionaires themselves, saying hey its cool, its okay, Americans just have to suck it up and deal with it. What a wonderful country we are living in today.

Tell me about, but yet they blame the poor people for being poor. - Even though we work every day we

[ In Reply To ..]
are accused of sitting on our behinds doing nothing. I admit, I live fairly well and dont consider myself poor, but I definitly dont fit in the high income bracket.

Unbelievable that there are so many unemployed yet, the GOP would veto a bill that penalizes companies for sending work overseas. I still love my country, but I definitly dont think its the best place in the world to live right about now.

Similar Messages:

Has Anyone Ever Received A Message From A Company That States (sm)
Aug 20, 2010

that they cannot hire you because they are not an IRS-registered employer in your state?  What the heck is up with that???? ...

Don't You Just Love When You Email Your CCM......
Aug 28, 2011

And you KNOW she got the email but literally ignores it?  The reason I know she got it was that I sent 2 other unrelated emails around the same time (in response to her asking for extra hours, which I said I could do) and another email.....But the one where I actually needed something from her.....where she would actually have to TAKE ACTION, she ignores.  So, now it's 3 days later and still nothing.  I should have IGNORED her email request for extra hours.....just so sh ...

I Love It When I Email My QA Person....
Dec 03, 2012

with questions multiple times and she never responds, but then I get an email asking me to respond to confirm receipt of her message and she emails me every day until I do! ...

LOVE, LOVE Mmodal
Nov 01, 2012

Have to say, I love Mmodal.  My CCM is caring and considerate and kind.  Also, love the pay and hardly ever running out of work but when we do, that is a nice break for me.  I just put the pedal to the metal and don't take anything posted here to heart cuz, lots of angry people just wanting to take you down.  Pass on the love!!! ...

Any MTs Looking For A Job From States Where
Jun 22, 2014

the minimum wage is higher than $8/hr having a difficult time finding a job? I am hoping to hear that there are MTs recently laid off or quit who have fairly easily found another MT job, living in a state (such as CA, WA, OR etc) where the minimum wage is higher than average. I am wondering if companies are ignoring applicants from these states? I so hope I am wrong. ...

Type "Letter, Dated 08/12/09, States...." Or "A Letter, Dated 08/12/09, States...&quo
Apr 21, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the more preferred way to type the above sentence would be?   Also, should I not use commas before "dated" and after the date or should I just straight type it "The report dated 08/12/09 states...."  We have a few different opinions in the office (which only dictated and have somewhat poor use of the English language) and I would like to see what you, the MT community, thinks.   Thanks! ...

Regarding Breaks In Certain States
Nov 14, 2009

I lost the email, but supposedly I get a 10-minute break after 4 hours. Do I clock out of DQS but stay clocked on at ScheduleSource or do I stay logged onto both and walk away from the computer for 10 minutes? Does it show up on the time card or only on the pay stub. Does anyone know the details? Thank you. ...

S/l DCS. Doc States Neuro: DCS 15. (Pt. Is 15)
Feb 03, 2010

doc states in neuro: DCS 15. (Pt is a 15 year old girl). I think this is her own slang.  Any ideas? ...

OMG! Below There Is A Post That States...
May 21, 2013

"At least, I was smart enough to get out of here."  REALLY! pfffft. It doesn't take smarts to run, it takes smarts to make a change for the better.  There is a big difference. Why don't you get off attack mode? I would keep this job until I got something else, i.e., something is better than nothing when your paycheck pays for food.  How self-centered. ...

Inside States...
Apr 24, 2014

Inscribe posted on job seeker's site, the new state laws do not allow them to hire from California.  What is that all about?  Geez.. ...

On Med List. Dr. States S/l Polyvinyl. ???? TIA.
Oct 23, 2009

nm ...

SYNERNET Not Hiring From Certain States
May 03, 2012

Has anyone else had trouble with companies not hiring because of state laws with Workmans Compensation.  I did all the testing required for a company and then I get an email back stating they do not hire people from Ohio due to the workers comp laws.  It would be really nice for companies to take the time and list the states they will not hire from so we do not waste our time doing unnecessary testing.  The company is Synernet ...

States MTSOs Don't Like To Hire From?
Jun 15, 2013

I am thinking of moving to another state and seem to remember that some MTSOs do not like to hire from certain states for various reasons.  California comes to mind, but what are some of the others? ...

Interesting Find Which States Regarding SR
Apr 07, 2014

effective today:   http://www.joesdata.com/executive/Shaw_Rietkerk_291150096.html Still at MModal but seems to be a different position??? not sure, just passing info along ...

Too Bad The United States Wont Do This.
Apr 24, 2014

It's about time somebody starts this, or has the guts to make such a law and enforce it. I'd love to see it here.   For heaven's sake, I had exchange students years ago who came here from Europe who spoke a hundred times better than some of these morons we transcribe.  I believe half of it is sheer laziness, maybe they simply don't care to make the effort to speak better, thinking possibly that if good enough gets them through life, that's all the more ef ...

21 States Raising Min Wage.
Jan 03, 2015

Hope your not in one.  If your are, start looking for a new job. ...

Does Anyone Know How Many Total CMTs There Currently Are In The United States?
Apr 17, 2011

Does AHDI list the total number of U.S. CMTs anywhere on their website?  I have been looking, but could not find anything.  Anyone have any idea what the number might be currently?    ...

What Happened To The Surveys. Post Below States
Mar 23, 2013

VD  stated the surveys were done, but not much more.  Surveys must have been really bad. There are threats below posted about how this company is closing U.S. offices.  Then we should all just stop working NOW.  After all, we are to get letters of termination around April 1st.  ...

KS's Ad States 'MTs Who Are Not Afraid Of ESLs.' When Will These MTSOs Get It?
May 31, 2014

time spent trying to get out a decent product with these guys. With technology on one hand and India on the other getting the good guys, ESLs are pretty much the norm for MTs with any given company these days and we know how to leave blanks and move on. "Afraid" of ESLs? Oh, no, no, no, no, no. You don't put that one on the MTs. It's the bill collector that drives us, and you will get what you pay for based on the premise that time is money. enough said. ...

Current IC Opening Posted That States
Jul 21, 2014

How do they get away with this, not to mention blatantly advertising for such? ...

Lumbar Fusion Surgery, Dictator States
Aug 17, 2011

6545 screw, 55 tap (says five five, not 55) How do you type this? New to Orthopedic op reports. Thanx much ...

The Doctor States To The Patient That Carpal Tunnel Is Not
May 26, 2015

I would like to know exactly where else you would get it from when you're doing 8 hours a day, 5 days a week full-time job for one company for the past 20+ years. No outside of work hobbies or activities to cause it according to patient. This is workers comp law, according to the doctor.   I'm unsure if it's that particular state where the patient resides, but if I were working 40 hours a week at the same job for many years and develop carpal or anything similar, you b ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

MModal Employment Ad Up - States Flexible Hours (afternoon & Evening)
Sep 28, 2012

Didn't know we had flexible hours. ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

ARRRGGGGGHH! I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators.
Jun 19, 2010

A new ESL dictating a DS. Can't speed him up because he's too "new" (to this country?). He is spelling every other word!!!!!! AND then spells it again - extubated, e-x-t-u-b-a-t-e-d, extubated e for elephant, x for crosses, t for tom, u for umbrella, b for .......... get the picture (sigh)? On top of that, the report is 28 minutes long!!! Should never have gotten out of bed this morning. LOL I do feel bad for him that he doesn't realize he doesn't have to spell every other ...

Imedx Email. How Do You Delete An Email?
Apr 06, 2015

I see nothing. ...