A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Don't you just love when you email your CCM...... - Kiki

Posted: Aug 28, 2011

And you KNOW she got the email but literally ignores it?  The reason I know she got it was that I sent 2 other unrelated emails around the same time (in response to her asking for extra hours, which I said I could do) and another email.....But the one where I actually needed something from her.....where she would actually have to TAKE ACTION, she ignores.  So, now it's 3 days later and still nothing.  I should have IGNORED her email request for extra hours.....just so she can make sure she gets her turnaround time bonus, no matter if it leaves a lot of us with no work today, Sunday.   Argh.  Is it possible to despise a person you have never even met? 

So you are saying they get a TAT bonus.... that really irks me. - lka

[ In Reply To ..]
It irks me cuz I am always "right there" when they need extra hands on deck, for my lousy salary....... I am fuming now!!

The MT does the work, the suit gets the perk. - Some things just never change. :(

[ In Reply To ..]
:(

Yep, and another thing......in the past at least the CCMs - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
could offer us bonuses (remember those, girls?) to make it worth our while. Now, we're just supposed to want to help out and be a "team player."

And for those of you who say, "but you're getting OT" YEAH RIGHT.....it doesn't turn out to be OT when you bust your arse one day and then the work dries up the next so you rarely actually run into much, if any, OT.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Yep, getting work out on time has nothing to - do with the clients being

[ In Reply To ..]
It is all about the bonus.

TELL ME HOW CCM GETS BONUS WHEN THEY SHIFTED - OUR WORK TO INDIA?

[ In Reply To ..]
Of course they are going to have 100% TAT when there is not enough work to go around, so why are they getting a bonus?
They aren't always going to have 100% TAT even - Kiki
[ In Reply To ..]
with a lot going to India. For example, some clients still at this time refuse to have work sent and/or MQ isn't "ready" yet over there....getting it all over there takes time. I'm sure they are working on a way to send it all over there whether or not the clients approve or not.

As for the bonus, the still NEED to stay within TAT in the meanwhile....gotta "keep the clients" happy....so I'm sure this is why CCM still gets bonuses.....FOR NOW.....their jobs are at stake just as much as ours...
They probably tell the India MTs the same b.s. - they tell us: "Help! We"re falling behind!"
[ In Reply To ..]
Which translates to:
"Help! The first payment on my new, 30-foot yacht is this week!"

Hmmm. Here's a thought: Maybe the client doesn't - even know their so-called promised - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
TAT is so low. Maybe the supervisors just tell US the TAT is that low, or that things are "falling behind", so that we'll speed up and they'll get more bonuses. Food for thought, eh?

No raises either. - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
I have always wondered if CCMs also get a bonus for not giving raises to the MTs who work on their team.

Kiki, We must have the same CCM - Deafening Silence

[ In Reply To ..]
ECHO Echo echo...Hello CCM Ccm ccm...

CCM - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
My favorite message from my (new) CCM is the one that accompanies her backlog and says "Thank you for your hard work and dedication." Does anyone really believe any MT is dedicated to this despicable company? MTs are just trying to make a buck which is not easy these days.

I am still dedicated - MTworld

[ In Reply To ..]
I am dedicated. I do not believe in the antics that this company displays, however, I am dedictated!

We dont get a backlog, thus - no rah-rah message from CCM

[ In Reply To ..]
We hear from her once in a blue moon. And then she says "If you have any questions, contact me and I will be happy to help" which always gives me a big belly laugh since she doesn't answer the phone. Or e-mails.
why dont you get backlog e-mail? - not doing job
[ In Reply To ..]
Then what exactly does your CCM do?
you can always check the backlog yourself - North MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Using the documanage dep- been doing it for years. If my CCM or the QC wants to send a backlog fine, but they only tell me what we in the North already know- no work. At least they have stopped the excuses- doctors on vacation, back to school, Irene, blah, blah, blah. How about the truth for once- Overhired cheap labor MTs and accounts going to India.

Oh and realize that your CCM is putting in as much effort putting out resumes and interviewing as you and me and everyone else is trying to get out of this hellhole. That is why she doesn't answer the phone or emails. You know darn well when you are fed up with your job you do the bare minimum you have to to avoid being fired until you can quit and tell them to shove it. I wouldn't be surprised if you get an email here very soon notifying you that you have a new CCM.
Yes, believe me, I DO realize my CCM is just as fed up - Kiki
[ In Reply To ..]
but she shouldn't take it out on the MTs. I notice she DOES answer my emails when I tell her I can work extra (to lock down the specific hours)...so she still is thinking about that bonus at least. The least she can do is answer my email about wanting to drop to PT. What's it to her? I guess maybe she is thinking "oh you'll be dropping to more than PT or NO time soon enough." She doesn't want to TELL me that (though I already know)...bc all she cares about is her own hide. If I drop to PT it makes it a little more difficult for her to keep in TAT, thus get her bonus while she can. I understand, but it stinks.
Go to MQ Central, HR, policies - North MT
[ In Reply To ..]
There is a document called MT ME employment classification. On page 2 it specifies how to switch from FT to PT. Send your CCM an email and document and go up the food chain if you need to.

I fully agree that your CCM should be doing her job a little better and if they made MQ Central just a little more user friendly (oh a search feature would be nice) you wouldn't have to come to this board to get answers. Good luck.
sorry page 3-4 - North MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Hope this helps
THANK YOU!!!! n/m - Kiki
[ In Reply To ..]
x
going part time - Former MT
[ In Reply To ..]
After the 1st pay cut in 08/2010 I was forced to go to PT to take on more hours with another employer for more pay. My supervisor was always awesome, but she had come over with us from Spheris. Then as we know how it goes things got bad, and things got worse. Finally I could really see the writing on the wall. A week before my account of over 10 years was shipped to India (I assume as it was just said "decreasing volume, not gone from Q) I was offered full time with my other employer. Silly me, I was actually wrestling with the decision That Monday a.m. I got the "gone" Email did one good thing, it forced me to move on..... next day was when I needed to give my employer an answer. I came home from that job at noon, logged on, asked my supervisor to call, we spoke on the phone and I gave a 2-day notice. Couldn't see any point in hanging around working a decent notice when my work was gone....heck, they didn't give us any notice with their antics.

dedicated to what? - North MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Dedicated or just doing your job? I am dedicated to my family and providing a paycheck and MQ is just the means at this point in time to do so. I have been hired to produce a certain amount of lines per hour and work a certain amount of hours per week, but that is not dedication, that is just doing my job. I think the CCM is confusing just doing our jobs with loyalty and dedication. I have no loyalty to MQ and plan to leave when I find the right job. MQ certainly has no loyalty to their working force and aren't even doing their job because we run out of work all the time and the benefits this year are the worst they have ever offered.
not the worst benefits out there though - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
My husband pays $500 a month for premium, and we have a $6000.00 deductible, so... $12,000 a year! Wanna trade?
seriously close though - North MT
[ In Reply To ..]
No family in their right mind would sign up for an out of pocket cost of $36,000 with a high deductible and high monthly premium. Your husband's insurance sounds terrible too but the problem is MQ used to provide very good health insurance and 401K and just recently went as cheap to the company as possible. If you are only working at MQ for the insurance you need to check into private insurance through UHC or others- many MTs on this board have found private plans for much cheaper.
North MT: - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, my husbands was WAY BETTER just 3 years ago. We used to pay $90 per week and had no co-pay to doc, only a $50.00 co-pay for ER, and it covered 100%, no deductible at all! Go from that to $12,000 a year!
I just wanted to say that it is not MQ, it is everywhere and probably more related to, "Everyone deserves health care and someone has to pay for that, so the people who have health care might as well cover that!"

LOL! Yeah, I'm "dedicated", alright. Dedicated to - keeping food in my fridge & roof over my head!

[ In Reply To ..]
Nowadays that's about all I can be dedicated to. Those misers don't pay me enough to be dedicated to anything else except my own survival.

Dedication - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
Of course! The implication that MTs work extra because they are dedicated to the company is a statement I find insulting. One poster said she is still dedicated but I can't imagine why. What else does this company have to do to you? If they ask you to pay them for the privilege of transcribing would you still feel dedicated? Amazing!!
Dedicated - MTworld
[ In Reply To ..]
I am dedicated! I make a great line rate and still have work, so I am still dedicated. If they wanted me to drop a penny a line, I would gladly do so, because I would still be making more than what is being offered on the job board.

I dont want to leave the house or start over with no vacation time and working with women who are "bitchy," well, forget it.

I will stay dedicated for as long as I can.
OABO: I agree with you, and as for the poster who would "gladly take a penny a line less and b - Kiki
[ In Reply To ..]
That is the kind of attitude that will always be there and is one of the reasons why we are paid so little.....

There are always going to be those who are willing to "work for even less and be happy to do it" JUST so they don't have to leave the house.

Even if it eventually means making 3 cents a line working 7 days a week....at least they don't have to leave the house....Well I think they will be sitting there in said house eating nothing but bird seed and noodle soup....and they will be HAPPY TO DO IT
see message - MTworld
[ In Reply To ..]
I am willing to work for less and be happy at the Q, because it is still MORE THAN ANYWHERE ELSE IS OFFERING!

You people are thick, and miserable.
The only THICK I can see - is
[ In Reply To ..]
YOU for jumping on the "cut my pay" bandwagon. Pretty thick to happily accept a pay cut rather than try to fight for decent wages.
see.... I was right - thick
[ In Reply To ..]
Fight for decent wages! HOW ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING THAT? By taking a job at another MTSO for 3 cpl less than your making here? Whatever... You go jump from the frying pan into the fire! I will stay in the pan.
sorry not true - North MT
[ In Reply To ..]
When I complained at this last pay cut my CCM told me that MQ paid more than most companies including Transcend which she listed at only 9 cpl. So what did I do- I checked it out and you know what Transcend is paying 11.5 cpl. What is that? More than MQ? My CCM lied to me? I think you are the thick one for believing that the Q pays the highest in the industry just because they told you that. You go ahead and take your penny less. Some of us are actually looking to make above the poverty level.
sitting in the house! - Former MT
[ In Reply To ..]
What house will they have to sit in? Hopefully they no longer have a mortgage, or they have someone to rely on for paying that mortgage and/or the taxes. As for me, I was forced to leave after the Q bought out Spheris. I should have jumped ship years back when I had the opportunity.... as for sitting in the house, let's just say if I had sat here after 2 pay cuts, having to pay more for my dental (all I could afford) insurance because of their "provider" list, then I had to go to PT so I could work more hours at a part time job paying more, my account of 10 years being shipped (I assume) to India, I wouldn't have a house left to sit in too. I will be forever an MT in my heart, but unfortunately I had to move on, and was very thankful my other PT employer offered me FT for more than I had EVER made hourly at an MT, and certainly more than the Q would ever pay now. I miss being an MT, but I have to eat and pay the bills.

Similar Messages:

I Love It When I Email My QA Person....
Dec 03, 2012

with questions multiple times and she never responds, but then I get an email asking me to respond to confirm receipt of her message and she emails me every day until I do! ...

Love An Email/IM Message That States
Aug 28, 2012

So irritating to see emails and messages on IM that this account it now closed to onshore MTs.  So that just says you onshore MTs have done enough, so we are now sending the rest offshore for the night, thanks for your time.  Ugh. ...

LOVE, LOVE Mmodal
Nov 01, 2012

Have to say, I love Mmodal.  My CCM is caring and considerate and kind.  Also, love the pay and hardly ever running out of work but when we do, that is a nice break for me.  I just put the pedal to the metal and don't take anything posted here to heart cuz, lots of angry people just wanting to take you down.  Pass on the love!!! ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

ARRRGGGGGHH! I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators.
Jun 19, 2010

A new ESL dictating a DS. Can't speed him up because he's too "new" (to this country?). He is spelling every other word!!!!!! AND then spells it again - extubated, e-x-t-u-b-a-t-e-d, extubated e for elephant, x for crosses, t for tom, u for umbrella, b for .......... get the picture (sigh)? On top of that, the report is 28 minutes long!!! Should never have gotten out of bed this morning. LOL I do feel bad for him that he doesn't realize he doesn't have to spell every other ...

Imedx Email. How Do You Delete An Email?
Apr 06, 2015

I see nothing. ...

Trying To Email 360 Transcription With Their Email
Mar 23, 2015

and it says there is no such address.  Anyone else having trouble like that? ...

Why I Love VR
Dec 20, 2009

Hey, I don't actually type that crap, ya know!  I have way too much dignity to be associated with that garbage for the pittance they are paying.  However, looking at the crap that VR produces that is included in patient records, I realized, hey, why bother proofreading???  Anything I produce with my old-fashioned, stone-age, luddite TRANSCRIPTION looks a heck of a lot better than anything I've seen VR produce.  No one will notice any mistakes I might make.  The ...

I Just Love This.
Jan 21, 2010

An email gets sent out around 4 a.m. stating there is a critical backlog and asking everyone to help out.  The email shows the backlog, but it's really not that big.  Says if you have hours to make up to do it today.  This is at 4 a.m., when a lot of us are sleeping.  Panic!! I log in for my regularly scheduled shift......and NJA! Thanks a lot MQ.  Take work away from people that are scheduled to work just because you get a little panicky at 4 in the morning. ...

LOVE This
Apr 20, 2010

2) Ability to work evening shifts and weekends The rate of pay is 3 cpl for editing and 7 cpl for typing.    Hey, we want you to work the shifts no one wants and we'll pay a premium for it! OMIGOD are they for real? ...

Love Being An MME But...
Feb 18, 2011

I love to be able to fill in blanks that people can't get and to help them.  I wish I could give them detailed explainations so that they can understand the why of the error or resources I used to find it.  However, because of the ridiculous pay and having to wade though ILP garbage (sorry, I don't enjoy helping them out), I'm only able to leave brief or even no messages to try to at least make what I did when being an MT.  These messages come across as rude, nitpic ...

I Truly Love How MQ
Mar 24, 2011

requires us to type more lines per hour and yet I'm constantly getting accounts that are not my primary accounts.  Thanks for making my life pure he!! MQ!  You have continually screwed me out of money every year since I've started here.  You keep taking and I keep giving and I've about had enough.  I know the 150 lph isn't that bad as I usually do that anyway....but seriously!!!!  Is it too much to ask to be supplied with accounts that I am familiar w ...

You'll Love This
Jan 17, 2012

Just got a call from MQ confirming that I got my new computer and that everything is up and running.  Hello - I've been using it for at least a month. ...

I Love My Job!!
Jul 12, 2012

I love my job!!  I have been with this company for 9 months now and I love it!  I have work, straight typing, wonderful doctors, wonderful coordinator, just downright wonderful company!  Thank you Keystrokes! ...

Don't You Just LOVE It When They...
Aug 15, 2012

- spell a drug name out for you, and they spell it wrong?   - mangle a drug name beyond recognition (and a COMMON drug at that! one of my docs cannot say aldactone to SAVE HIS SOUL)   - spell out a really simple procedure or term for you (pleural) but then expect you to wing it with spelling some little-known random procedure done once in Ghana 200 years ago on rats whose name is 37 letters long?   Feel free to join in!!  Seems that today I've been saying an inordi ...

I Would Love This Job But...
Nov 12, 2012

I would absolutely love working for Nuance but for the fact that the work volumes are never consistent or reliable. I love my hours, my TS is awesome and I love my accounts. The benefits aren't great but I can work with what they offer. I wish they didn't practice over-hiring. ...

You Will Love It
Mar 12, 2014

Imagine 8 hours of looking up "J. A. Smith" in phone books to write down his/her phone number. Then searching for the modifier for his second line. More like insurance work or accounting (even without the numbers) than language based work.  I love the narrative of the reports I do, not the lab data. If my job were threatened, I would view it as an opportunity to learn to do something I really wanted to do, not just take the next career offered doomed for automation and overseas outsourcing. ...

I Would Love
Apr 30, 2014

if someone from management come to this site to defend this MTSO and its policies.  I don't work for MM, but from the posts here, they have significant problems among their staff and at some point will have trouble recruiting new employees.  I would be reluctant to work for this MTSO based on this site and ratings in other places.  MM, do you have a defense? ...

I LOVE MY JOB
Feb 04, 2015

No wait.  I just woke up and smelled the coffee.  It is barely tolerable today.  Static on line, fast talkers, dictation cutting in and out.  Just your typical day in paradise. ...

I Love VR Work
Jan 26, 2010

I think I may be an odd ball, but I love VR work.  After doing VR, I don't think I will go back to straight text.  I don't have any problems making money and I work on a really easy platform, which makes all the difference (Dictaphone ExText).  ...

For The Love Of All That Is Good!!!
Mar 23, 2010

For the last week and a half, all I have been doing is progress notes for some hospital that isn't even in my BoB.  It is worse than watching paint dry, I swear.  I'm so bored with these notes that I would rather just beat my head against the wall or pull each hair out one by one.  Anything other than making one more keystroke! I want my primary back (I know there is work in it).  I want to do my Op notes again! WTH!!!!!!!!! Sorry...had to vent. ...

I Just Love It When They Dictate...
Mar 27, 2010

...in the middle of an airport runway.  At least it sounds like that.  It's especially so lovely with ASR, picking up as it does every random conversation in the area. ...

I Love This Certain Company
Apr 27, 2010

Earlier this evening I sent a resume to a certain company that I will not name, I check my emails just now and the company tells me that all of the positions are filled when they have straight line production positions available.This company is not on this board.  ...

Does Anyone REALLY Love Their Job Anymore?
May 11, 2010

Lately I have talked to many friends who are all disillusioned with their careers.  The state of the economy has made it worse, but I really think the problems existed before that happened.  They come from all walks of life and all occupations.  Everyone seems to want out of whatever they are doing.  The ones I have spoken to include teachers, attorneys, nurses, doctors, police officers and of course MTs. Anyone out there know someone with a great and (as stable a ...

This Is Great......I Love It!!!!!!
Aug 16, 2010

So, I got this super long report with HORRIBLE audio.  When I got finished it looked like a piece of Swiss cheese it had so many blanks.  I didn't even CONSIDER sending it to QA as the audio was just terrible and there was NO way I was sending a report that long...and then get paid 3 cents a line because it might put me over 5% QA submission.  So, I just sent it straight through, expecting to get a call from my CCM on why I sent so many blanks, which, of course I was prepared ...

I Love Getting NJA First Thing And Then
Aug 19, 2010

and right at the LAST MINUTE, ONE job comes in.  You type it and then have to sit for another 15 minutes. Rinse, repeat. ...