A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

LOVE, LOVE Mmodal - Beenaround

Posted: Nov 01, 2012

Have to say, I love Mmodal.  My CCM is caring and considerate and kind.  Also, love the pay and hardly ever running out of work but when we do, that is a nice break for me.  I just put the pedal to the metal and don't take anything posted here to heart cuz, lots of angry people just wanting to take you down.  Pass on the love!!!

I enjoy my job at MModal too, glad to see Im not alone. - :)

[ In Reply To ..]
Seems to me no matter where you work there will always be something. No job is perfect. All you gotta do is take a look around these boards and you figure that out real quick.

Glad to see I'm not alone - B

[ In Reply To ..]
Positive thinking, its the greatest thing we've got.

Wow the happiness has spread to MModal - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Good feelings just busting out all over, yay!

yeah it's like a parallel universe - lets sing Kumbaya nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I applaud her for having the guts to post it. Most are probably - scared of being flammed.

[ In Reply To ..]
You Go Girl!

BEWARE: Someone might mistake you for being a suit. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
FYI.

I am happy working for MModal too. - Gray

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe it depends on your CCM or TSM, or whatever they are called these days, but mine is great, and compared to what I was making doing general transcription, the pay is great. We live out in the country, and with the cost of gas, any additional money I would make driving somewhere to work would be eaten up by my car, not to mention having to dress in something besides sweats and slippers on a regular basis.

What is happening in the industry is capitalism at work, which a lot of people vehemently support on the political board. I don't see how being capitalistic makes MModal any more evil than any other big corporation out there gobbling up smaller companies, paying employees as little as possible and trying to maximize profits. In the end they are all made up of just people, many wonderful people, many not so wonderful people, all just working to make a living. I am sure this is not the only industry transitioning in a similar fashion.

In everything in life, you have to take the good with the bad I guess.

Of course, I have not been in this field for a long time watching my paycheck dwindle, so my perspective is naturally totally different, but I can see how capitalism at work would be a bitter pill to swallow if your livelihood was steadily shrinking. You get accustomed to living on what you earn, and it is not so simple, and maybe even not possible, to adjust to making less. Most people are struggling these days. Wages haven't gone up in conjunction with the cost of living. Capitalism has never been about the "little guy" and the idea that everybody can do well in a capitalistic society if they just work hard enough seems pretty naive to me. Maybe one day the world will figure it all out and government will actually work for everybody, but to be honest, that seems doubtful. Most likely history will just repeat itself over and over because we sure don't seem to learn from it. In any case, it is clear from just the fact that we can post on this board that there are millions of people on this planet who have it way worse than we do.

"there are millions of people on this planet who have it way worse" - EXACTLY!!

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

This is exactly why I am a Democrat nm - hotflash

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I am happy working for Mmodal, too. - G

[ In Reply To ..]
I am happy working for Mmodal, too. I have worked for Mmodal since 1995. Since 2005, we have had several pay cuts (7) in all, none of which we deserved (I keep records). All insentives earned have been ripped away from us, and I am now making 50% of my original income. I continue to give Mmodal everything I've got--98-100% quality, above production rates, etc., and I have adjusted to my 50% cut in income nicely. Yes, I am greatful for everything I've got as there are many people on the plant who are not as fortunate as I have been. However I am preparing to move on by going to school and getting my RHIT just in case Mmodal decides on anymore pay cuts or sends all ASR/transcription overseas.

Beware..... - champsmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you kidding me?! She should be AFRAID? Oh no... Somebody gonna come and beat her up or what. LOLOLOLOLOL

Can't say I love, but certainly don't dislike it. - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
I've certainly had better employers and had worse employers. Any time you can get a paycheck is a plus. I've seen my income fall, but since I'm older, my condo and car are paid for, my needs are much, much less, so I can live with it. My CCM is great. My account is interesting. I enjoy MTing. I dont' mind ASR. It might be age. Look at some of the articles on jobs and age, younger people expect a lot more from employers than do older ones.

I like it...love is stretching it lol - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
It's been much better than other companies I've worked for. I still think I will get out of transcription/editing in a couple of years.

Beenaround, glad you love MModal BUT I have - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
to ask what tier you are. I can't believe you could be a tier 3 and love MModal. I'm a tier 3 and get the absolute worst dictators, nearly all ESL and can't stand this job!

Im not the OP, but I happen to like working for MM too - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a tier 3 and I am on a team with a total of about 14 accounts of which 3 are my primaries. I do get work from all 14 alot of times.

I have copied and pasted the CPs to word pad and highlighted the things of significance in different colors and bolded the important stuff such as allergies etc. I have two computers so I was able to email the client specs to my home computer and save them in word that way when I am working, I can simply glance over if need be (computers are side by side).

Also, after working on the same accounts for so long, I have come to know the client specs by heart and seldom have to look at them unless its been a while since I've done one of them.

As far as difficult dictators, that comes with the job. There is no such thing as only easy dictators and foreign doctors are simply the new norm no matter where you work.

I realize there are some who bounce around and dont have a specific team and work in helper pools so I imagine that would be frustrating. And I know that there are some who are on teams where the work can be skimpy, but as for me, my team always has an abundance of work and I seldom run out.

I guess it just depends on the person and their circumstances, as you said "you cant stand this job." But it suits me perfectly and I make a fairly reasonable living.

Beenaround....love MModal - Beenaround

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a level 3. By the way, I was having a great week that week I stated Love, Love...which is not always the situation. My husband is dying. I get to be with him every day because of this job and working from home. I have known many who have lost their jobs to spend time with a loved one going through the dying process because they worked outside the home.

Love, Love Mmodal - Beenaround

[ In Reply To ..]
I love Mmodal, too. Keep repeating the phrase and you will believe anything.

Similar Messages:

Wouldn't You Love To See MModal On Undercover Boss?
Feb 29, 2012

Boy wouldn't they get a rude awakening. ...

ARRRGGGGGHH! I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators.
Jun 19, 2010

A new ESL dictating a DS. Can't speed him up because he's too "new" (to this country?). He is spelling every other word!!!!!! AND then spells it again - extubated, e-x-t-u-b-a-t-e-d, extubated e for elephant, x for crosses, t for tom, u for umbrella, b for .......... get the picture (sigh)? On top of that, the report is 28 minutes long!!! Should never have gotten out of bed this morning. LOL I do feel bad for him that he doesn't realize he doesn't have to spell every other ...

Why I Love VR
Dec 20, 2009

Hey, I don't actually type that crap, ya know!  I have way too much dignity to be associated with that garbage for the pittance they are paying.  However, looking at the crap that VR produces that is included in patient records, I realized, hey, why bother proofreading???  Anything I produce with my old-fashioned, stone-age, luddite TRANSCRIPTION looks a heck of a lot better than anything I've seen VR produce.  No one will notice any mistakes I might make.  The ...

I Just Love This.
Jan 21, 2010

An email gets sent out around 4 a.m. stating there is a critical backlog and asking everyone to help out.  The email shows the backlog, but it's really not that big.  Says if you have hours to make up to do it today.  This is at 4 a.m., when a lot of us are sleeping.  Panic!! I log in for my regularly scheduled shift......and NJA! Thanks a lot MQ.  Take work away from people that are scheduled to work just because you get a little panicky at 4 in the morning. ...

LOVE This
Apr 20, 2010

2) Ability to work evening shifts and weekends The rate of pay is 3 cpl for editing and 7 cpl for typing.    Hey, we want you to work the shifts no one wants and we'll pay a premium for it! OMIGOD are they for real? ...

Love Being An MME But...
Feb 18, 2011

I love to be able to fill in blanks that people can't get and to help them.  I wish I could give them detailed explainations so that they can understand the why of the error or resources I used to find it.  However, because of the ridiculous pay and having to wade though ILP garbage (sorry, I don't enjoy helping them out), I'm only able to leave brief or even no messages to try to at least make what I did when being an MT.  These messages come across as rude, nitpic ...

I Truly Love How MQ
Mar 24, 2011

requires us to type more lines per hour and yet I'm constantly getting accounts that are not my primary accounts.  Thanks for making my life pure he!! MQ!  You have continually screwed me out of money every year since I've started here.  You keep taking and I keep giving and I've about had enough.  I know the 150 lph isn't that bad as I usually do that anyway....but seriously!!!!  Is it too much to ask to be supplied with accounts that I am familiar w ...

You'll Love This
Jan 17, 2012

Just got a call from MQ confirming that I got my new computer and that everything is up and running.  Hello - I've been using it for at least a month. ...

I Love My Job!!
Jul 12, 2012

I love my job!!  I have been with this company for 9 months now and I love it!  I have work, straight typing, wonderful doctors, wonderful coordinator, just downright wonderful company!  Thank you Keystrokes! ...

Don't You Just LOVE It When They...
Aug 15, 2012

- spell a drug name out for you, and they spell it wrong?   - mangle a drug name beyond recognition (and a COMMON drug at that! one of my docs cannot say aldactone to SAVE HIS SOUL)   - spell out a really simple procedure or term for you (pleural) but then expect you to wing it with spelling some little-known random procedure done once in Ghana 200 years ago on rats whose name is 37 letters long?   Feel free to join in!!  Seems that today I've been saying an inordi ...

I Would Love This Job But...
Nov 12, 2012

I would absolutely love working for Nuance but for the fact that the work volumes are never consistent or reliable. I love my hours, my TS is awesome and I love my accounts. The benefits aren't great but I can work with what they offer. I wish they didn't practice over-hiring. ...

You Will Love It
Mar 12, 2014

Imagine 8 hours of looking up "J. A. Smith" in phone books to write down his/her phone number. Then searching for the modifier for his second line. More like insurance work or accounting (even without the numbers) than language based work.  I love the narrative of the reports I do, not the lab data. If my job were threatened, I would view it as an opportunity to learn to do something I really wanted to do, not just take the next career offered doomed for automation and overseas outsourcing. ...

I Would Love
Apr 30, 2014

if someone from management come to this site to defend this MTSO and its policies.  I don't work for MM, but from the posts here, they have significant problems among their staff and at some point will have trouble recruiting new employees.  I would be reluctant to work for this MTSO based on this site and ratings in other places.  MM, do you have a defense? ...

I LOVE MY JOB
Feb 04, 2015

No wait.  I just woke up and smelled the coffee.  It is barely tolerable today.  Static on line, fast talkers, dictation cutting in and out.  Just your typical day in paradise. ...

I Love VR Work
Jan 26, 2010

I think I may be an odd ball, but I love VR work.  After doing VR, I don't think I will go back to straight text.  I don't have any problems making money and I work on a really easy platform, which makes all the difference (Dictaphone ExText).  ...

For The Love Of All That Is Good!!!
Mar 23, 2010

For the last week and a half, all I have been doing is progress notes for some hospital that isn't even in my BoB.  It is worse than watching paint dry, I swear.  I'm so bored with these notes that I would rather just beat my head against the wall or pull each hair out one by one.  Anything other than making one more keystroke! I want my primary back (I know there is work in it).  I want to do my Op notes again! WTH!!!!!!!!! Sorry...had to vent. ...

I Just Love It When They Dictate...
Mar 27, 2010

...in the middle of an airport runway.  At least it sounds like that.  It's especially so lovely with ASR, picking up as it does every random conversation in the area. ...

I Love This Certain Company
Apr 27, 2010

Earlier this evening I sent a resume to a certain company that I will not name, I check my emails just now and the company tells me that all of the positions are filled when they have straight line production positions available.This company is not on this board.  ...

Does Anyone REALLY Love Their Job Anymore?
May 11, 2010

Lately I have talked to many friends who are all disillusioned with their careers.  The state of the economy has made it worse, but I really think the problems existed before that happened.  They come from all walks of life and all occupations.  Everyone seems to want out of whatever they are doing.  The ones I have spoken to include teachers, attorneys, nurses, doctors, police officers and of course MTs. Anyone out there know someone with a great and (as stable a ...

This Is Great......I Love It!!!!!!
Aug 16, 2010

So, I got this super long report with HORRIBLE audio.  When I got finished it looked like a piece of Swiss cheese it had so many blanks.  I didn't even CONSIDER sending it to QA as the audio was just terrible and there was NO way I was sending a report that long...and then get paid 3 cents a line because it might put me over 5% QA submission.  So, I just sent it straight through, expecting to get a call from my CCM on why I sent so many blanks, which, of course I was prepared ...

I Love Getting NJA First Thing And Then
Aug 19, 2010

and right at the LAST MINUTE, ONE job comes in.  You type it and then have to sit for another 15 minutes. Rinse, repeat. ...

Please, Doc, For The Love Of All That Is Good And
Nov 11, 2010

if you have laryngitis, DON'T TRY TO DICTATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to be bald by the time this 557s dictation is done! ...

I Love Eloquence
Nov 17, 2010

This came out of a supposedly educated physician, not a resident: "He has up to 3 diarrheas per day."      ...

Got To Love India....
Mar 04, 2011

I didn't know atleast was a word.  I love the 100% HIPPA complaint processes.  You've got to love it!!!  See site for more errors.  Medical Billing and Coding Services Outsource2india has over 7 years of experience in providing efficient medical billing services to Physician Practices, Hospitals, and Medical Billing companies. We understand the importance of accurately and quickly processing your claims so that it will help you to maximize your revenue and im ...

Don't You Just Love When You Email Your CCM......
Aug 28, 2011

And you KNOW she got the email but literally ignores it?  The reason I know she got it was that I sent 2 other unrelated emails around the same time (in response to her asking for extra hours, which I said I could do) and another email.....But the one where I actually needed something from her.....where she would actually have to TAKE ACTION, she ignores.  So, now it's 3 days later and still nothing.  I should have IGNORED her email request for extra hours.....just so sh ...

Oh, NP, How I Love Thee
Nov 24, 2011

As dictated:   "He was treated with a total dose of 2000 gray, that's small c, capital G, small y."   ...

I Love Coding!
Mar 17, 2012

The thing I like most about coding is the process that you go through. It's good for my brain. They say that people use their brains stay healthier longer. Coding is interesting, but it isn't too hard. It's definitely not too easy. I've always loved medical transcription, but I really love coding! ...

Gotta Love ASR
Mar 20, 2012

transcribed:  feet 1/2 pill a Rubin.  instead of bilirubin,,so close so close... ...

Love My New Keyboard!
Mar 21, 2012

Finally sucked it up and bought a Kinesis Advantage keyboard. Wanted one for at least 10 years, but couldn't justify the cost, but after typing off my laptop for a few months and quickly developing tennis elbow, it was time to make the switch.  I love this thing! My arm pain is gone after just a week, and I love that I actually type faster when I maintain good posture; when I slump, my fingers are positioned correctly to go very fast. I also love that the key "connects" halfway down, s ...

Love That MMuddle ASR
Apr 05, 2012

Just when I think I am not going to have a laugh from our not-so-efficient Speech Recognition program today, I get this:  Dictator says:  Depakote.  Program says: diaper court.  That is so close!  I am glad to know we are training this program.  Diaper court is much more common than Depakote, right? ...