A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What happened to the surveys. Post below states - office closing. Stop working.

Posted: Mar 23, 2013

VD  stated the surveys were done, but not much more.  Surveys must have been really bad.

There are threats below posted about how this company is closing U.S. offices.  Then we should all just stop working NOW.  After all, we are to get letters of termination around April 1st. 

First of all... Those posts were all by the same person - and most certainly a lie

[ In Reply To ..]
There is no proof, it makes no sense, and was probably a "foreign domestic partner" trying to get us to act all stupid, like in your post, saying we should stop working! If you want to stop, then you stop. Dont encourage others in this direction where they could possibly lose their job!

We all will around April 1st. - Losing our jobs.

[ In Reply To ..]
Do not trust corporate.

Good golly Ms. Molly... We are not losing our jobs - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
That is someones super bad idea of an APRIL FOOLS JOKE!

Come on people...
How do you know that? Anything is possible in - this biz, when it comes to treachery. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Probably the Indians didnt realize - that we know what April 1 is
[ In Reply To ..]
and decided it would be a fun prank to play.

After the posts below, I do not want to work - today or tomorrow.

[ In Reply To ..]
Too mad to work. Other posts want to defend you know who. Yet, we give and give as employees in this company while corporate takes and takes from us and we are not to complain??? Corporate stated it is costing the company money and things have had to be decreased which included our pay, yet corporate pay goes up and up??? Like it is normal for corporate to take and take and that is why COO gets and gets, yet she does not do her job, but makes corporate videos and owns a million dollar house?? While some of us employees lost our homes and can barely put food on the table?

Average pay for MModal is around $61,000 a year. This plastered all over Google.

that pay is for supervisors, not MT average pay - I think people would be shocked

[ In Reply To ..]
at what the average MT makes!

Supervisor pay? I have not heard from mine - in months. Ask question, no response.

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow! My paycheck this last Friday was $132.00. I guess I probably
see what I mean - shocking!
[ In Reply To ..]
/

Is this post a joke?....................... - meangirls....

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I Defend her. Blaming her is ridiculous. Why then, oh why are you still here if you feel so strongly or, maybe you like to rally others to be angry. Complain away if it makes you feel good. That is your right. But don't look for blame anywhere but in the mirror. If you work here and hate it as you state you do, IMHO, again...why are you here?! It is like being mad at the Chief Operating Officer of say, a hospital making half a million or more a year because he worked to get where he was, college educated, most likely a Masters, some are even physicians. Yeah, it takes work, no one handed these "suits" anything. Also, you have no way to know what they go to bat for you or don't. You do not know this.

If you want to get mad, here is a reason, you are the problem. You stay here for crappy pay, don't do anything to make yourself any more valuable, degrees, etc. and you TAKE WHAT they give you. You are the problem. Does not take an Einstein to figure that one out.

I cannot speak for all, but usually the ones - who are unhappy are doing something

[ In Reply To ..]
I personally do not want to work for this company. I have 6 months left of clinicals. The more and more I see posts like this from meangirls, I know I am doing the right thing by finishing my degree. I do not want to work for a rapacious selfish company.

The board of directors mentioned how it was too competitive and how MTs had to be grandfathered into the company who took a 60% loss in pay. Look at what the board of directors make which seems to have gone up 60%. Yep, seems this company is a JOKE!

I sure wish management types like meangirls - (fitting name BTW) would buzz off.

[ In Reply To ..]
why, because her opinion differs from yours? - where is it written
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't see anything in the terms of service that says everyone here on the board has to hate everything and everyone connected with MModal to post here.
Wow, you are so right....I was thinking the .. - bebe
[ In Reply To ..]
same thing but you put it very well. This board is one-sided to the max.

because I am too close to retirement - to invest in schooling

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't want to pay student loans with my SS check. And I live in the boonies with the only jobs being minimum wage which are 75 miles away.

MG - M

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, from you response I can tell you don't even know what this organization's history has been. Before this MTSO became Mmodal, it was known as Medquist. Look them up on google. Educate yourself on their corporate culture, their legal troubles, law suits, their billing/accouting discrepancies, law suits involving their clients--hospitals, government, etc., Security and Exchange Committee investigations, getting Medquist kicked off the NASDAQ, etc. I certainly have no respect for any college educated, Master degree recipient who is involved in illegal activity.

As far as being an MT. Most MTs have passed rigorous examinations to become certified medical transcriptions. Many MTs have earned an associate degree. It takes a highly intelligent individual to transcribe/edit medical reports dictated by physicians who are sloppy dictators and others who can't even speak English. We provide an invaluable service to these physicians. Without us and the medical reports we create, nurses and doctors would not even remember who you are or what treatment you have received without a record transcribed by an MT. Medical coders and billers would not be able to do their jobs (assign codes, bill insurance companies, ect.) without the medical reports we transcribe/edit so that they can do their jobs. A transcribed medical report is also an invaluable piece of information for a physician's defense team in the court room.

MTs are very intelligent people that is why so many us have been working for so many years in this profession.

Many MTs who are not happy with MTSOs are in the process of going to school to move on to other careers where they will be respected and compensated fairly for the intelligence, knowledge, experience, ect., that they bring to what ever profession they decide to move on to. I don't usually come on this board and complain nor do I throw the blame on anyone for how the MT profession has changed, but presently, I am going back to school right now to move on to another career as these MTSOs don't value and don't respect those of us who do the work to make their organization's shine. MTs are the foundation of these MTSOs. Destroy the foundation, and your company will crumble.

I look forward to your response.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOUR POST. - I could have written it.
[ In Reply To ..]
I am doing exactly and fell exactly the same as you! I will be done with schooling soon, THANK GOD! I have an AA degree and belonged to AAMT ions ago. What this company has done to MTs is beyond words.

Congrats to you!

While I don't actually believe this will happen - I do not forget

[ In Reply To ..]
We had a conference call and in one day with NO warning the company where I had worked for years became MModal. No one had a clue. I would be interested in hearing why everyone thinks this couldn't happen to MModal itself. Seems like there's a lot of unusual stuff going on here lately.

I would be surprised if we even got - letters.

[ In Reply To ..]
Get ready to work one day and find out the program doesn't work is more like it.

Totally agree. That is how this company treats - employees.

[ In Reply To ..]
No letter, no phone call, just cannot get into the system to work because of not respecting their employees.

Maybe they think it'd make it harder for MTs to prove - they were terminated and get UE.

[ In Reply To ..]
Too bad, M*M, and all you other corporate slime, we WILL get our UE. And we WILL sue for back pay and overtime, too. And with any luck, enough will be unearthed about the shady business practices of MTSOs like this one, that they'll be shut down for good. Can't happen soon enough for me!

You're going to be guided by unsupported post - on an anonymous board?

[ In Reply To ..]
Please just calm down. Don't make any decisions based on anything you read on this forum. If it happens, it happens, but you're going to feel pretty stupid if you just stop working right now and then somebody jumps up and says "April Fools."

OK, so if we are not going to have jobs - on April 1,

[ In Reply To ..]
why would I stop working now anyway. I will milk every penny (and I do mean pennies) out of this place before it closes down and look forward to a lovely week or 2 of UE (same now I make working full time by the way) before I start worrying about finding another job.

We are ALL out of a job April 1..Is there anything you - dont believe? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

NO WE ARE NOT - We will all still be working Apr. 2nd

[ In Reply To ..]
Jeez people! It was an Indian playing an "April Fools Prank."

how can you possibly believe this - just because some idiot posted it here?

[ In Reply To ..]
It's just mind boggling. Like that commercial, they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true. Here comes my date. He's a French model.

An Indian or a troll posted that about the closing. Take it with a grain of salt. - Come on now... NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I don't understand how this board allows those in India to post - because....sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If I am using a computer in one room and like a post here and then a few days later like that same post by accident from another computer in my house, I get the message I cannot like the same post twice.

But this system cannot pick out people who post from outside the US?

I am just curious because I am not sure how all that works.

here's how it works - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
it's the world wide web. That means anyone from anywhere can participate in any website, forum, message board of their choice. There is no reason for this website, or any website, to prevent people from other countries from posting. I hope this is helpful.

good idea - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
stop working now. Absolutely. After all, an unknown poster with no information whatsoever posted something completely unsubstantiated. Yes, you should definitely make decisions based on hearsay from anonymous people with unknown agendas. In fact, if you send me money, I will invest it in my new "Save the MTs" account.

Yep, I surely will. After all, been with this company - since the late 1980s.

[ In Reply To ..]
You have NO IDEA what they have done to the transcriptionists over the years. It would not surprise me if we all get on to work the first week of April and find out we cannot work because offices are closed. Just saying.

It amazes me that there are this many - folks on this board

[ In Reply To ..]
who just couldn't imagine this could possibly be true. Sort of like thinking an abusive spouse could beat you and treat you like garbage on a daily basis but would never actually go so far as to murder you.
please direct your drama elsewhere - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You have no idea what I imagine is true. Don't be silly. I was merely advising the poster above that reacting to unsubstantiated rumors is futile.

Now there are TWO of you assuming that I can't imagine...I have no idea...blah blah. How impressionable!

And somehow, you have managed to convert this into an abusive spouse scenario. Get over yourself and cut the inflammatory comparisons.
WOW! I love it, you have been SERVED! nm - none
[ In Reply To ..]
:-)

Similar Messages:

OMG! Below There Is A Post That States...
May 21, 2013

"At least, I was smart enough to get out of here."  REALLY! pfffft. It doesn't take smarts to run, it takes smarts to make a change for the better.  There is a big difference. Why don't you get off attack mode? I would keep this job until I got something else, i.e., something is better than nothing when your paycheck pays for food.  How self-centered. ...

What Happened To My Post?
Oct 19, 2009

I had a post about how much to ask for my Stedman's books & Infinity USB foot pedal, and now it is gone. It has not been moved anywhere. Where is it? ...

What Happened To The Post From The MT
Jun 07, 2010

There were several replies to it also. ...

What Happened To The Post About Lines Done In A Day?
Feb 19, 2010

These post disappear for what reason?  What happened to the post about someone asking about what lines you can get done in a day?  It seemed innocent to me - did it get ugly.  I hate all this random deleting. ...

What Happened To The Post About LS Services?
May 14, 2010

I was browsing on here yesterday and found a thread about LS Services. I replied to it, and now I can't find the thread. Did someone do away with it? ...

What Happened To The Headhunter Post?
Aug 16, 2012

I really was hoping she'd tell us who she signed up with. ...

Anyone Know What Happened To The Moderators Post
Apr 10, 2015

Subject was To posters from last night. I was following it and it was starting to get interesting and then it was gone. Why would she take it down? It was starting to get nasty so maybe thats why she took it down. ...

What Happened To The Federal Tax Withholding Post?
Jan 26, 2010

nm ...

What Happened To The Post Below Talking About The Companies
Apr 13, 2010

doing illegal things/getting busted that listed a specific labor law in detail with highlighted areas pertaining to what these MT companies are doing?  Has it been removed, and if so why?  That post had some really good info regarding these companies. ...

What Happened To That Post About Transtech And Ghosts?
Jan 07, 2012

Why was it deleted? Transtech preparing a lawsuit about that too? ...

Who Is Filling Out These Surveys?? I Don't Care About
Apr 17, 2013

buddying up with MTs or collaborating with bosses... KEEP MY WORK IN THE U.S.!!  That's what I care about. ...

Anyone Receive A Reply From The Transcription Doctors Job Post On Their Post For Editscript MTs?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

Any MTs Looking For A Job From States Where
Jun 22, 2014

the minimum wage is higher than $8/hr having a difficult time finding a job? I am hoping to hear that there are MTs recently laid off or quit who have fairly easily found another MT job, living in a state (such as CA, WA, OR etc) where the minimum wage is higher than average. I am wondering if companies are ignoring applicants from these states? I so hope I am wrong. ...

Type "Letter, Dated 08/12/09, States...." Or "A Letter, Dated 08/12/09, States...&quo
Apr 21, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the more preferred way to type the above sentence would be?   Also, should I not use commas before "dated" and after the date or should I just straight type it "The report dated 08/12/09 states...."  We have a few different opinions in the office (which only dictated and have somewhat poor use of the English language) and I would like to see what you, the MT community, thinks.   Thanks! ...

Regarding Breaks In Certain States
Nov 14, 2009

I lost the email, but supposedly I get a 10-minute break after 4 hours. Do I clock out of DQS but stay clocked on at ScheduleSource or do I stay logged onto both and walk away from the computer for 10 minutes? Does it show up on the time card or only on the pay stub. Does anyone know the details? Thank you. ...

S/l DCS. Doc States Neuro: DCS 15. (Pt. Is 15)
Feb 03, 2010

doc states in neuro: DCS 15. (Pt is a 15 year old girl). I think this is her own slang.  Any ideas? ...

Inside States...
Apr 24, 2014

Inscribe posted on job seeker's site, the new state laws do not allow them to hire from California.  What is that all about?  Geez.. ...

RE: New Post Replies, Do They All Go To The Bottom Of The Original Post?
Jan 23, 2010

I don't remember that yet when I post lately it goes all the way to the bottom rather than immediately after the original post.  Perhaps I just never noticed it before.  Oh well... ...

On Med List. Dr. States S/l Polyvinyl. ???? TIA.
Oct 23, 2009

nm ...

SYNERNET Not Hiring From Certain States
May 03, 2012

Has anyone else had trouble with companies not hiring because of state laws with Workmans Compensation.  I did all the testing required for a company and then I get an email back stating they do not hire people from Ohio due to the workers comp laws.  It would be really nice for companies to take the time and list the states they will not hire from so we do not waste our time doing unnecessary testing.  The company is Synernet ...

States MTSOs Don't Like To Hire From?
Jun 15, 2013

I am thinking of moving to another state and seem to remember that some MTSOs do not like to hire from certain states for various reasons.  California comes to mind, but what are some of the others? ...

Interesting Find Which States Regarding SR
Apr 07, 2014

effective today:   http://www.joesdata.com/executive/Shaw_Rietkerk_291150096.html Still at MModal but seems to be a different position??? not sure, just passing info along ...

Too Bad The United States Wont Do This.
Apr 24, 2014

It's about time somebody starts this, or has the guts to make such a law and enforce it. I'd love to see it here.   For heaven's sake, I had exchange students years ago who came here from Europe who spoke a hundred times better than some of these morons we transcribe.  I believe half of it is sheer laziness, maybe they simply don't care to make the effort to speak better, thinking possibly that if good enough gets them through life, that's all the more ef ...

21 States Raising Min Wage.
Jan 03, 2015

Hope your not in one.  If your are, start looking for a new job. ...

Has Anyone Ever Received A Message From A Company That States (sm)
Aug 20, 2010

that they cannot hire you because they are not an IRS-registered employer in your state?  What the heck is up with that???? ...

Does Anyone Know How Many Total CMTs There Currently Are In The United States?
Apr 17, 2011

Does AHDI list the total number of U.S. CMTs anywhere on their website?  I have been looking, but could not find anything.  Anyone have any idea what the number might be currently?    ...

Love An Email/IM Message That States
Aug 28, 2012

So irritating to see emails and messages on IM that this account it now closed to onshore MTs.  So that just says you onshore MTs have done enough, so we are now sending the rest offshore for the night, thanks for your time.  Ugh. ...

KS's Ad States 'MTs Who Are Not Afraid Of ESLs.' When Will These MTSOs Get It?
May 31, 2014

time spent trying to get out a decent product with these guys. With technology on one hand and India on the other getting the good guys, ESLs are pretty much the norm for MTs with any given company these days and we know how to leave blanks and move on. "Afraid" of ESLs? Oh, no, no, no, no, no. You don't put that one on the MTs. It's the bill collector that drives us, and you will get what you pay for based on the premise that time is money. enough said. ...

Current IC Opening Posted That States
Jul 21, 2014

How do they get away with this, not to mention blatantly advertising for such? ...