A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What happens at Nuance if you are part-time and cannot always make line count? - anon

Posted: Apr 26, 2013

I can do it most of the time, but every now and then I miss it, sometimes by as much as 20 lines per hour. I have had 1 email asking that I use my time more productively and make the line count. I actually do use my time as productively as I can. I admit, although I have done this for years, I am not great with VR editing. Also, with the high standards and deductions in FIESA, I really listen and listen again to much of my transcription so I don't fall below wanted numbers there. I am doing great with that and percentage to QA, but my line count suffers. Just wondered what the steps were as far as warnings, termination, etc. I really, really, really want to keep this job.

I'll let you know next week. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I got a verbal (email actually but they call it verbal) warning a month or so ago about not meeting line counts and to never, ever let it happen again. Well I had a really rotten couple of weeks and am way below line count this pay period. So, I expect to either get a "written" warning or get fired.

Let you know next week. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for responding. I sure hope you will only get another warning (3 strikes or something like that). I am hoping the same for myself. Please do post and let me know.

Good luck. You know, your knowledge would be - valuable in another medical line that

[ In Reply To ..]
you were once again well suited for if editing tends to press on a weak point.

Just imagine someone trying to come in off the street and read medical documents. Your knowledge is real and hard earned.

had no problem when I got my phone call - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
I have had it happen a few times and the first couple of times, I did get a phone call (very nice though and encouraging) and after the second one, they just switched me to a different account and it has been great ever since. Don't panic

Similar Messages:

What's The Hour And Line Count Differences Between Part Time And Flex Part Time?
Jan 12, 2012

I'm currently flex part time only working 18 hours a week but I do have a set schedule.  What are the requirments for part-time and how may hours per week do you have to work.  Also, is there a difference between the line counts for part time and flex part time. Thanks. ...

I Work Part-time, Trouble Meeting Line Count, Do I Need A Different Job?
Apr 05, 2013

I work for a national service who has a line count quota of about 185. I've only worked there about 4 months and cannot make that quota. Told several times I need to increase my line count, learn the shortcuts, etc. I still cannot increase my line count. Lately they haven't said anything. Maybe it's because I'm just parttime and I always work my shift. I worry each day that I'll get a phone call or email that I'm terminated because I can't get that dang line co ...

WMX/nuance - Did Not Make The Required Line Count One Week
Nov 07, 2011

Relatively new.  Did not make the required line count one week.  Is this a biggie or are you okay as long as you average out for payperiod?  What might I expect? ...

Make Your Line Count A Little Bit Better? 
Aug 10, 2011

anybody actually work longer than you sign in for in order to make your line count a little bit (very little bit ) better?  ...

How Much Does An At-home MT Make Part Time?
Nov 08, 2009

I was wondering if anyone would share their wages with me, because  I read on this forum that lots of MT's are upset about the way that the MT schools are saying that you can "make so much money", and I am going through careerstep (about to take my final actually). I wanted to realistically grasp how much money I could really be making with this career. I am wanting home-based because I have an infant child.     ...

What Happens At Your MTSO When You Don't Make Line Count For
Jan 04, 2010

nm ...

Impossible To Make Any Money The Way The Line Count Is Set Up?
Jan 15, 2011

Is it just me or are these companies making it impossible to make any money the way the line count is set up?  I can type all day and make very close to minimum wage.  It never was this way before. ...

I Did Not Make My Line Count Today But Did Work (sm)
May 28, 2013

even a little over my shift.  I did punch out a few times when work dried up but still when I see how long I worked and what I produced, I come up a bit short.  I just had a lot of reports that I was not familiar with and just had a bad day.  I was wondering if I will be hearing about this.  I always produce more than the minimum so I'm hoping I will get a break.  I'm just too mentally and physically exhausted. ...

Does Anyone Make The Bonus Or Even Over Min Required Line Count??
Jun 29, 2013

Please don't bash too much.  I took this job, made my bed and have to lie in it.  I like the work, am getting use to the dictators, but the realization is setting in that my pay, no matter how hard I work, will not get much over state min.  I've already had 2 checks with some MUP and probably will have a third.  What gets me is, we're told to speed up play to edit faster, yet I have gotten, on more than one occasion, messages from QA/QC to slow down to get bett ...

Struggling To Make Line Count Every Pay Period
Apr 11, 2014

I have been here for two years and it seems like I am just struggling to make line count every pay period.  I feel like I am walking up a hill in a big wind storm, moving but not really getting anywhere.  I work nights and I am getting too tired at night.  I know most of this is my fault, but worked as an MT before and did great, no problems what so ever and great pay.  Does anyone else feel like this? ...

Regarding Complaints About Waiting For Work To Make Min. Line Count.
Jul 21, 2011

A couple of year ago, the company I was working for was off-shoring all they could, which left many of us without work.  We were required to clock in, out, in, out, in, out........ during our shift, but had to do so many hours and so many lines.  When it go next to impossible, and I was working days, nights, and weekends to try to make the minimum, I complained to my AM and asked that we bring in a third party on this issue, as I was not being supplied with the minimum amount of work r ...

Nuance: From Full-time To Part-time
Apr 26, 2012

Would anyone be willing to post info on this? I am considering switching to part-time. Wondering how amenable the company is to such requests. If you have done this, were you able to keep same schedule or were you forced into a different schedule? Thanks for any thoughts! ...

Nuance - Part Time To Full Time?
Aug 08, 2012

I see the post about going from full to part time, but what about the opposite?  For example, if I get hired at 30 hours per week and I have extra time available for a few weeks, can I consistently work more hours than those scheduled 30 hours?  Thanks for any insight you can give. ...

Line Count/time
Jul 06, 2011

Hi, just wanted to ask if anyone knows of a program that helps to keeps up with your line count, such as automatically computing it for you? My boss tells me that I don't need to keep up with it, since he/she does. I asked for the program he/she uses, but was told "no" due to not having a second liscence and that it costs money. I am attempting to make improvments on my time. Work is picking up for me which is great, but I have not been doing this long and really need to improve o ...

Full Time Line Count
Nov 07, 2011

What is the average line count per week to be considered full time?  Thanks ...

Part-time Line Requirements And Pay Scale
Apr 22, 2012

Could someone tell me what the line requirements are for part time at M Modal?  Or is it just hour requirements, etc.?  Also, what is the pay scale there?  Just weighing my options. ...

Having A Hard Time Making Line Count
Nov 04, 2013

After being switched  every couple of months to new accounts I am now having trouble making any lines. Lately I have been wondering if they have changed how they count lines.  Also I am on an account that is done in the UK which means 100 percent ESLs and zero normals.  Anybody else struggle? ...

Part Time With Nuance
May 18, 2012

I am considering a part time position with this company. As a part time employee, I was expecting the hours to be 4 hours a day, but a friend of mine also with Nuance says part time involves 8 hours on either Sat. or Sun. I was expecting and perfectly OK with 4 hours on the weekend, like any other day a part time person would normally work. Why would they expect a part time person to work 8 hours on a day when the dictation is coming in at a lesser rate than M-F if a weekend day is a normal w ...

Nuance Part Time
Dec 06, 2012

Anyone working for Nuance ever cut back to part time, 4 hours a day?  Not making enuf working for this MTSO so am getting a 2nd job.  Interview tomorrow with medical records at local hospital.  Hoping it leads to an in-house transcription job (they also have off-site).  Should have some luck with acute care, pathology and radiology backgrounds, I HOPE... ...

What Are Amphion Line Count Requirements For Full Time?
Sep 25, 2010

nm. ...

Nuance Benefits For Part Time
Mar 05, 2012

What do they offer?  I read here on this board that you do receive medical, dental, and vision, but does anyone know what else?  ...

Does Nuance Hire Part-time?
Mar 21, 2012

I just had interview with Softscript and found out that they do not hire any part-time MT's.  Here they let me do testing and go to all that trouble and never even looked at my application, where I distinctly siad I wanted only part-time.  Just shows how much they look at your application.  So I am wondering now if Nuance hires that way.  If not then this is probably a waste of time too.   Very frustrating that these companies do not let you know up front.  ...

Part-time Accentus/Nuance
Feb 18, 2013

I currently work for Nuance and am looking for part time work. Accentus is hiring but I heard Nuance bought them out. So, are they still separate and I can apply? or would I in fact be working for the same company?  Getting desparate for a PT job as Nuance is not cutting it with having to stick to the 8 hous a day.  Thanks ...

Nuance - How Do I Find My Line Count?
May 05, 2011

I know it isnt much as there is hardly any work, but where on earth do I find my line count for escription?  I can find it for anything that goes through QA but not the rest.  Anyone tell me......?  Thanks.  ...

Does Anyone Think The Nuance Line Count Is Fishy?
May 24, 2012

I think the lines are padded.  After typing all day at break neck speed, I am shocked at the end of the day how low my line count is.  I work for another company doing the same thing, just as fast, and I get double the lines.  Well, we will never know because at Nuance we can't copy the report and paste it into Word to get a line count because it is blocked, I think they do that on purpose and that way we can't check our lines to see if it is accurate, which I know ...

Line Count Requirement Nuance
Mar 06, 2013

Does anyone know the minimum line count per hour required for Nuance for an MLS.  Thanks Vick ...

Does Nuance Still Hire Part Time People?
Dec 16, 2011

Thanks for your time! ...

Does Nuance Hire Part-time Weekdays? I Already
Jul 09, 2012

have a great part-time job on the weekends I don't want to give up, but I'd like to pick up some part-time work during the week.  TIA for any info! ...

Required Line Count Webmedx/Nuance
Jan 29, 2012

Would anyone be willing to tell me how may lines they require per week/payperiod?  TIA.   ...

Accentus/Nuance - Anyone Not Making Line Count
Feb 24, 2013

Anyone not making line count for Accentus?  I am making about half required and will have 2 weeks to make line count.  Canadian accounts.  What happens if I cannot make it, will they let me go?   ...