A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

make a living on the Futurenet MModal platform? - FC

Posted: Oct 23, 2013

Is anyone able to make a living on the Futurenet MModal platform?  My pay has decreased by 3/4s.    

I was making more on Futurenet before I went to Fluency - see inside

[ In Reply To ..]
we were forced over a couple months back. I like fluency but I don't make as much as I did with Futurenet. Part of it is the ASR pay but I still think Fluency is to blame.

Ouch! - oldsterMT

[ In Reply To ..]
This company has totally gone to the dogs and that statement is being mean to dogs, sorry. FN only cares about selling technology and decreasing it's MT's and ME's ability to make a decent living, and lining the pockets of the execs.

I sincerely hope you have a backup plan. Best wishes.

what is fluency versus mmodal? - nicole

[ In Reply To ..]
Also, how is Furturenet tied in with MModal on this board?

one answer - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know anything about fluency, but FutureNet uses multiple platforms including MModal.

fluency, MModal, and FN - BeenAroundMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Fluency is cloud-based programming by MModal. FutureNet uses MModal.

Here's a link.

Similar Messages:

Cant Seem To Make A Living
Feb 22, 2010

I have worked as a radiology transcriptionist for over ten years .  My pay has been cut in half and jobs are hard to find. I take tests and no one calls back.  I usually only have their email anyway.    I am now learning acute care because it seems for last few years it has been the only game in town.  However, I cannot believe how hard it is and I am getting paid the same as radiology.  It's becoming impossible to afford to live on this income, but I ...

Can You Really Make A Living?
May 21, 2011

I just accepted a job at AllType and the majority of my account is VC.  I have not dropped my other position I had as IC and no VC.  I am wondering, as this is my first time ever doing VC, can you really make a living at this?  I know I will NEVER make a fortune at this job but an 800+ paycheck every 2 weeks would sure be desirable.  Thanks. ...

Can You Make A Living As An MT?
Oct 16, 2011

I am thinking about going to The Andrews School to become an MT. I have taken the pre enrollment exam and they said i passed with a score of 84%, which i think is pretty good for not knowing what im doing. But,  today i was surfing the web and seen a post from someone that was ranting about how the school is a scam and after they completed the course they got a job where they had to work 60-70 hours per week and only get paid 3 cents per line. So, i was wanting to know if there is any Andre ...

Can I Really Make A Living?
Oct 20, 2011

Experienced MTs please tell me, can a person actually make a living at this. I am a newbie, working from home for the last 4 months.   I am feeling very discouraged by my paychecks.  I am just barely making minimum wage after working a full time schedule.  I like the work, but if I can't support myself doing this what is the point?  I would love to hear from those of you who have been doing this long term.  Thanks. ...

How Are We Supposed To Make A Living
Jun 13, 2014

I understood the problem with this MTSO over the winter with the horrible weather, but now?  I can hardly keep up with my bills as is.   ...

Cannot Make A Living As MT Anymore
Mar 09, 2015

So sad what this profession has come to. I am 57 years old, have been MT for 25+ years, always been a high producer with good QA scores. I made a really good living until January 2013 when Nuance acquired company, I chose not to accept their terms of employment. Went to another US based company (?) part time. Just did income tax and was shocked. Needless to say, I will not renew my contract again. It's just not worth the aggravation anymore. The incentive and production bonuses ...

Is Anyone Able To Make A Decent Living As A MT Anymore?
Nov 14, 2012

I quit my in-house MT job, a job that I had held for almost 20 years, a little over a year ago because of a new boss who drove me and about 10 other people to quit because she was so hard to work for.  I thought long and hard about it before I quit, but could not see myself putting up with her for the next 10-15 years until I could retire.  She was making some of us physically ill because of stress.  I believe we may have been "creatively downsized".  Since I q ...

Supervisors Can Make Your Life A Living
Nov 19, 2012

I have known this for all the years that I have been in this business, but unfortunately I came face to face, so to speak, with this problem again recently.  I stated a point to my supervisor by e-mail, and very nicely, about some technical difficulties I was having, and no matter how I would explain it, she did not understand what I said.  Even the tech told her that it was not due to my computer, but the connection I had.  She said she would call me, and I said I would look ...

Is Anyone Able To Make A Decent Living At Landmark Doing VR?
May 21, 2014

Over the past few months, the account that I am on has gone from being at least half straight typing to almost all VR, with only a very small handful of dictators that are still on straight transcription.  I am having a really hard time making a living since this has happened and my paychecks keep getting smaller and smaller.  I am wondering if anyone else is in the same situation, or if it's just me.  My account is a pretty busy one, but most of these VR reports are a comple ...

Can You Make A Living Working For IMEDX
Dec 24, 2014

Can you make a living working for IMEDX.  They said they pay 4 cpl for editing and 8 cpl for straight typing with an 80% editing and 20% straight typing account.  That does not seem like you could make a living.  Just wondering. ...

IMPOSSIBLE To Make A Living Working At Nuance.
Aug 11, 2014

This is beyond insane. Why hire all these new people and pay for training and benefits only to have EVERYONE run out of work? It makes no business sense whatsoever. The person making these decisions must have received their MBA from a Cracker Jack's box. It's bad enough that we're being paid peanuts (pun intended), but to run out of work, too? Come on, people. Develop some sense and sensitivity. Thank you. ...

EScription Production - Makes A Decent Living Using This Platform
Aug 20, 2010

I would like to know if anyone makes a decent living using this platform.  Any comments appreciated, i.e., average lines per day, hour, anything to give me better understanding.  Thanks. ...

What VR Platform FutureNet Uses
Mar 17, 2010

Does anyone know what VR platform FutureNet uses and what they pay for VR work? ...

Has Anybody Used FutureNet Platform?
Feb 28, 2012

I just had an interview for an SR job and they use a platform called FutureNet.  I liked the company and the benefit package but I have never worked on that platform.  Is it productive and can you make your lines?  Thank you for any info.  ...

Futurenet Platform?
Feb 15, 2013

Anyone work on this platform that would care to share info on it.  It is cumbersome or difficult or are you able to make decent lines?  I've never worked on the platform before and was wondering how it is in others opinions?   ...

FutureNet Platform??
Jan 28, 2014

Was considering picking up a few extra hours through iMedx.  They said the platform is FutureNet.  Anyone work on this platform?? ...

Futurenet Platform
Feb 14, 2015

Has anyone out there worked with FutureNet's platform and if so, how the heck does one make any kind of money with it?  In over 20 years, their's is the worst I've experienced.   Thanks. ...

FutureNet WebEHR Platform
May 04, 2011

Would like to hear from anyone who is familiar with FutureNet's WebEHR platform and whether you like it or not.  Is it easy for difficult to learn?  Are you able to produce good lines on it?  How long did it take for you to become familiar enough with it?  Will be  using it soon myself and would like to know what I will have to go through.  Thanks for your help. ...

FutureNet Platform Question
Jun 14, 2012

Going from Iplayer/Dragon to EHR/MModal - just curious as to what others have thought who have made change. Was just starting to make some decent $$ on old platform - is new platform awkward? ...

Anyone Familiar With FutureNet? (the Platform)
Jan 10, 2013

I have a new job using FutureNet.  This isn't the company, it's a platform.  I would love to know if there are any keystroke shortcuts since I seem to be using the mouse a lot.  For example, short cuts for spellcheck, speeding up/slowing down dictation, or raising or lowering volume? Thanks in advance!  ...

Anyone Work On Futurenet Platform?
Mar 29, 2013

On the rehab hospital accounts?  Straight typing, mostly bad dictators?  ...

Futurenet Company And Platform Are Wonderful!
Jul 23, 2010

Finally loving to work again.  The people, company and platform are wonderful!!!!   After 20 years to find such a company exists gives me hope for our industry. ...

Would Someone Share With Me Please How They Like The FutureNet Transcription Platform....sm
Feb 07, 2012

Not talking about the company, starting with Pro Type tomorrow, got the installation going on then, and just wanted to know how efficient it is....thanks in advance!! ...

Speaking Of Platforms, Has Anyone Used FutureNet Platform?
Oct 31, 2014

Is it easy to learn?  TIA ...

Futurenet Mmodal
Feb 04, 2013

Is anyone making any money on Futurenet mmodal?  I am having a difficult time.  Are there any instructions for using the keyboard for moving around in the main screen?  I mean besides the ones basically that were given.  Also do you have a hard time attaching the cursor?  Help.  ...

Was Futurenet Acquired By MModal?
Jan 16, 2013

xx ...

FutureNet Get Enough Work To Make A Decent Check
Dec 08, 2013

Does anyone working for FutureNet get enough work to make a decent check and how do you do it? ...

Is There Any Other VR Platform Besides Escription That You Can Make Money On? Sm
Jun 16, 2010

I know everyone loves Escription, but just wondering if there were other platforms out there. ...

What Platform Does MModal Use? Someone Was Talking To Me About Sm
May 10, 2013

work and said the use the "M Modal" platofrm.  What is that?  I know back in the Medquist day it was DocQScribe.  Is it that, something like that, or something completely different? ...

Hey MModal, You Know How You Can Make Money!?
Nov 08, 2013

Take all your suits, the ones raking in a quarter million to a million a year with bonuses, etc, and cut their pay in half, and that is still being generous.  They don't need to be paid that much.  With all your fancy business degrees, you would think they would teach you some common sense.  It seems that they teach you how to squeeze as much money out of a company and its lesser employees before running it to the ground, then move on. ...