A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any positives working for Nuance? - just asking

Posted: Mar 29, 2013

Is there anything positive about working for Nuance?  What's it like working on the eScription and Dictaphone ExText platforms?  What are your average line counts on those platforms?  I can average 400+ lph working on a clinic account, but I get to use lots of word expanders and templates, it's all straight typing as well.  I read somewhere they just made cuts in pay, was that across the board and how much of a cut was it?  I read that they start out at 4 cpl VR and 8 cpl straight typing. 

With all the negatives comments I have read, is there anything positive to say about Nuance?  I am looking at several companies I can work for part-time that won't run out of work and where I can get consistent daily workflow.  I guess that's what everybody is looking for these days and it's so hard to come by.  I am not looking to jump from one company to the next.  I would hope to find a place to stay for long-term and make okay money.  I'm not unrealistic thinking I can make $20/hour, and I'm comfortable making $15/hour, but I wouldn't want to go much lower than that.  So, with that being said, can anyone say anything nice about Nuance and give me some advice on whether to try it out or run away from the opportunity?

Nuance - buffy

[ In Reply To ..]
I can make 15 an hour and more if I try. I have gotten about 350 lph on my account which can be good and on a bad day not so much. Its ok for me but I know for some MTs it is not ok. I have work always and a great TL. I wish they paid more but when I look at other companies most pay about what I make and I hear nightmares about them too. So it really is like Kathy has been saying "attitude" to stay in the game and figure out your fast keys and anything to help you get ahead of the game. I take too many breaks which I need to stop doing that lol. The only thing about Nuance that really irks me is too much upper mgt and that should be our pay and why we do not make more.

How much ESL? - just asking

[ In Reply To ..]
How much ESL is there typically? I'm horrible with ESL's and my luck I would get stuck with all the ESL's and then it would not be worth my time.

If you're on an account that starts with O, 95% ESL - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Nuance - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have had the same experience as Buffy, 14 to 16 per hour, Editscript is fine, usual headaches with management, only run out of work around holidays, good TL, 95% VR, probably 30% ESL but my hardest dictators are mumbling English speakers!

Nuance - MTgirl

[ In Reply To ..]
I can make about 15 an hour easy with incentives. Teachers make less than that and I work from home, so I guess its not "too bad." I know I could possibly make 20 if I had .05 more per line and I put the effort in. I know Mmodal some are making that because they do pay a bit more.

You're delusional - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The average teacher starts out at $40,000, gets a raise with every year of teaching, weekends off, federal holidays off, special school days off, two weeks off for winter break, a week off in the spring, three months off in the summer.

Are you really comparing teaching to this bottom scraping job?

Any positives working for Nuance? - just asking - Suzie

[ In Reply To ..]
Well I worked for them 1 year. I was told 30% ESL, I had 95%. The only reason why it was not 100% was because of my secondary was easy. My supervisor wanted to give me another account that was all ESL and take away the one that I could actually make some money and time on. The work flow was terrible. They have a lot overseas and they get all the easy stuff because they are paid so much less. So in a nut shell, will I ever go back... absolutely not what a nightmare. Good luck make sure you get everything in writing, all their so called promises.

Same thing with new account here - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
It was funny how they always told you it was a great account and you were really going to like it. The second time I was told that, I finally realized what it meant. It meant that they couldn't keep anyone on the account because the dictators were all from h***. ESL is not always bad. Sometimes the EFLs are worse. But they will always try to lead you to a bad account while putting a good spin on it. Geez, I'm glad I don't work there anymore.

and the reason for accounts like that...all good work is in India - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Anything that can be understood and with good audio is sent to India...all that is left for US MTs is horrible audio, horrible dictators (and I agree, I prefer some ESLs to some garbage mouths from US)...so no matter what they tell you, expect the worst. The same is true of M*Modal (I was unlucky enough to work for both) and I am now out of MT altogether.
India - me
[ In Reply To ..]
That is absolutely NOT true. If you are working days and running out, it's because everybody thinks this work is for dayshift only. They come on at night when the day people are sleeping and no, they are not assigned by dictator, absolutely not. They have their own accounts and their own management and QA people. NOBODY goes through and says "oh this is easy, let's send this to them." I know because I have worked the go lives and helped them and their QA people learn the account.

Is positive working for minimum wage? - PolyPPB

[ In Reply To ..]
If you consider a positive working for minimum wage then yes. Good luck finding consistent work.

Agree with Buffy - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
I have no problem with Nuance. Love the Escription platform (much better than what I was used to at MModal). I have no problem making around 300 to 350 LPH. Yes there are bad days but not that many. I have an awesome TL who for the most part leaves me alone and lets me do my thing. If I have a question and send her an email, I get a reply back within the hour (if it is her normal working day). She has always been there to help me, never gives me a hard time. I am lucky that I do have a good account that rarely runs out of work (yes there are days it does, but very few). I make a decent paycheck. I think you need to make up your own mind and there are good things and bad things about every company. QA could be better, but lately I haven't even had problems with them. I do check my FIESA because I do want to know when I make an error and learn from it. I don't consider myself above making mistakes, especially when I am tired. BUT if I think that they are in the wrong I let them know and I get it reversed. The amount of time it takes me to check FIESA is minimal, a few clicks and I'm there and out. No big deal. Make up your own mind.

Pay - just asking

[ In Reply To ..]
I read quite a few posts of people saying Nuance just cut their pay. What is going pay for VR and straight typing there? I'm sure VR is over 90%, so I really need to know what VR pay is. I REALLY need to make at least 4.5 cents per line or I won't be able to make it.
There is a shift differential, so if you work evenings you will get over the 0.45-sm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
The hours not in the shift differential, there is a difference of half a cent per line which would put you under the minimum you say you need.
When does differential start - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
What hours does the evening shift differential start?
8 p.m. EST to 5:59 a.m. EST - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Pay - MTgirl
[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't get a cut in pay. Mine actually increased because its easier to get incentives now. So I am making 500-600 more per month.
hard to believe - good worker
[ In Reply To ..]
hard to believe that claim. If true, you must have been working for absolutely nothing before. What account are you on and where did you work before. Or did you get a management position?

Nuance - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance bought out my previous company, who had bought out my previous company (follow that?). I've been with them about a year now. Although I am not an MT, I work closely with them and I do type when needed. There are major structural changes ongoing that are opening the lines of communication between all levels and to make sure the MTs are never alone. We provide instant feedback, we're here to answer questions, provide samples, etc. I don't know about the other accounts, but I work a combination of evening nights and we are desperate for help on the accounts I have. I'm busier than I ever was previously and I love that. I listen to the MTs and so far they are really impressed with the changes going on and the fact they have instant contact. I really can't grumble about anything at this point. I've worked on the dictaphone programs for many many years and some accounts are switching to Escription, which I like as well. If there is anything else I can answer for you email me.

Honestly, opening the lines of communication will do little for me--sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
After having transcribed for many, many years, there are few things I need from my TSM. Right now I work because I need the money. The pay is the biggest thing for me. I will continue as an MT for now because I do not have to pay for wardrobe or commuting. I do not do this job for fulfillment, I get that elsewhere. I work evenings and nights as well, there has been a lot of work this past month as we switched to a new platform but I do not expect that to last long.

I should also add that the managerial changes also do not address another major issue--sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
which is the unequitable distribution of work. Some MT's are allowed to work on the work types they prefer, say ops. Some are incapable of doing the more difficult dictators, so those dictators complain and only certain MTs are required to do that dictator. Or, often some of the easier work goes offshore. Thus, some of us more experienced MTs receive the joy of the doing the worst dictators with not enough buffer of the "gravy" work to make it worthwhile, all while being asked to accept less pay. Honestly, there is no much my TL can do to address that. Of course, this problem is not limited to Nuance and I do not anticipate it going away. Each must make their own decision on how much they are willing to tolerate.

Skipping - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I have 19 accounts and we monitor who is where, and if jobs are being skipped (you can tell by the TAT) we contact that person and tell them they are being assigned. We also can choose to see what jobs were skipped and on my accounts this is extremely rare. NOBODY is allowed to choose what worktype they want, they must be able to handle them all.
platforms - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
How hard is the eScription and Dictaphone platforms? Do they slow you down at all? What kind of average lines can you get?
On byndtxt, it does not appear that people are skipping, it appears that there are people--sm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
only pulling certain worktypes, i.e., someone is just getting op notes or discharge summaries while the Stats, H and P's, or procedure notes stay put. Also, you can see when a chunk of 10 very good reports is pulled at once. One just has to pay attention to see that the rules of the game are not the same for all players.

Similar Messages:

Positives And Negatives For Working For Softscript
Oct 06, 2011

Just looking for positives and negatives for working for Softscript before I go through all the testing! Any feedback good or bad would be greatly appreciated!! ...

Nuance Positives
Jan 05, 2015

Okay - let's see if we can come up with some positives of Nuance.  As with every job/company, there are plenty of negatives, but let's see if we can come up with some positives.  I, for one, love my hours.  They're perfect for me and my family.  Who's with me on this -- trying to think of some positives about our jobs? ...

The Positives....
Mar 07, 2010

What are your positives?  I already read all of the negatives and there are plenty of those.  How about positives?  Let's go in an entire different direction. There is no need to name your company.  Just look around you.  Are there positives?      ...

Offshore Any Positives For US Mt's?
Oct 17, 2009

I've never posted and this is only the second visit.  I'm someone who was seriously considering MTec but has switched to planning for Andrews School.  I broke my arm - it is closer to healing though, and I am back on track to enroll.  I laid to rest thoughts of worry I had about Speech Recognition and now need to do the same with offshoring.  Are there any trends which point in a positive direction for us mt's - any reason for them to think they would be p ...

Working For Nuance???
Jun 06, 2012

I have been out of transcription for roughly 2-1/2 years but need to get back to work.  I am going back to school to get some add'l training this fall but in the meantime need a job.   They are recruiting right now and wondered if someone could tell me something about being an at-home transcriptionist for them?? Any info would be greatly appreciated; thanks!!!!   ...

Etransplus Pay, Negatives, Positives
Mar 29, 2010

Any information is appreciated. Thanks ...

The Transcription Doctors - Positives ?
Nov 15, 2011

Does anyone have anly positives to report about this company?  Thanks!! ...

Keystrokes - Both Positives And Negatives
Jul 21, 2012

I want to hear from the long-term gals there their feelings on Keystrokes - I have seen both positives and negatives - what I want is input from those who have been there and seen people come and go, work come and go, and do their work efficiently without problems....do they pay for your skills and reliability? Or is it just a "this is what we pay" gig....I expect I'll get some comments from those who are disgruntled, but an HONEST observation is what I am looking for. TY. ...

INSCRIBE Negatives And Positives?
Mar 17, 2015

I submitted application for Inscribe. Does anybody know anything about this company - negatives and positives?  ...

Anyone Working For Nuance And Liking It???
May 02, 2011

So I hear a lot about how there is no work at Nuance now because they are over hiring and that they are a "nightmare" to work for. Is there anyone working there now that likes it and isn't having any problems?  ...

Still Working For Nuance, Nobody Else Will Hire Me
Nov 07, 2013

and I don't know why.  I have always been able to see an ad, respond to it, and have the job and the schedule I wanted now I'm not even getting responses to resumes and I'm wondering if it's because I'm so close to retirement.  I haven't worked that many places that it looks like I'm job jumping so I can't think of anything else and I'm getting a little nervous.  I need a second job really bad! ...

I Have Come To This Conclusion After Working At Nuance.
Feb 09, 2015

Since they constantly bounce us back and forth, forcing us to choose between production and quality, which have you chosen? Or aren't you there yet? I have chosen quality. At least for the moment. I think I'm getting just as whacko as they are. Signed, Present MUP Collector ...

Working For Nuance Transcription
Mar 25, 2015

Whoever is even thinking of trying to work for Nuance Transcription, should think again!  They are always running out of work and pay sucks big time! They have a new pay system where you are docked for almost everything! You have to meet 99% quality, which is no problem, as you should be meeting that anyway, but then they check your reports, always short ones and if they find an error, especially a major one, that docks your score way down, which in turn docks you pay, plus they then take y ...

Nuance - Working Weekends
Mar 27, 2015

Just wondering.  Nuance bought out my old company a while back, and I have always worked Monday through Friday.  Now all of a sudden they say we HAVE to work either Saturday or Sunday EVERY WEEK.  My question is, if I had said no to the weekend as I was hired Monday-Friday, could they have fired me? ...

Is Anyone Happy Working For Nuance? What About Mmodal? And Why?
Sep 21, 2013

i, too, like a couple others on here right now, am wondering what if any transcription companies still out there are good to work for. ...

I Love Working For Nuance And Have Been Around The Block
Sep 25, 2013

I Hate Working For Nuance So Badly.
Oct 16, 2013

I truly just hate ever day that I have to work for them. The days are sooooo long and seem never-ending.  Fifteen years of 99%+ accuracy and now I need a mentor?  Really?  WTH?  Switch me to a new, more difficult account and after 1 week tell me I suck so bad I have to be mentored?  Provide me with no list of physician names or local cities or names of local hospitals and expect my LPH to be up and running at full speed when I spend all my time Googling for info on an ar ...

Is There Anyone Here Working For Nuance Or MModal Who Is Happy With Their Job? Nm
Nov 06, 2013

, ...

Nuance - WorldClient/email Not Working??
Dec 17, 2013

Anyone else having trouble?  I wanted to email my tsm but i get: Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to mail.nuance-nts.com Did you mean: nuance-­nts.­com ...

Working For Nuance (minimum Wage)
Sep 27, 2014

25 years ago, I had an hourly wage of $11.50 (before I got into transcription), while the minimum wage was $3.35.  So I was making 3x minimum wage. Fast forward to Nuance today, my salary is $7.25, minimum wage.  (BTW, this is my very first minimum wage job of my entire lifetime, back to when I worked as a teenager in the 1970s).  Plus, the medical benefits are awful, and 25 years ago they were good, along with entirely paid by employer. And, Nuance feels the need to employ an a ...

Real Einsteins Working At Nuance!
Sep 30, 2014

What ever bird brain came up with the idea to work OT for PTO is a real gem. I have 6 accounts and have been OOW for going on 2 days now. Thanks, Nuisance, for the pleasure of working for you. ...

Nuance Losing Account? Maybe It's Working!
Dec 08, 2014

So you need help on this account so far out of TAT you're in danger of losing it. Sounds like people are deserting. Maybe if they lose a few accounts they'll get the message. One can only hope. I feel sorry for the managers. It must be pretty tough sitting between the leeches and those whom they suck the blood out of. How do they do it? ...

Working For Nuance: A Truly Kafkaesque Experience!
May 06, 2015

If you doubt me, see the "Urban Dictionary" definition.  It's about as good as any that I have seen:   http://tinyurl.com/28rqen4 After working for far too long for a smaller MTSO, which was aquired by Nuance and which also treated its workers like dirt, and coming to this company, I begin to wonder if this is just the state of affairs in Health Information Services or just employment in the United States generally.  Trying to get and keep a decently paying job just seems l ...

Anyone Else Working For Nuance Having Issues With Webclock Tonight?
Aug 08, 2011

Mine will work until I click on Webclock to punch in my hours and then it just sits there with a blank page and does nothing. Just wondering if it is just me or anyone else having this problem? ...

Thanks, Nuance For Taking All My Working And Giving It To Offshore
Sep 27, 2012

Thanks so much for taking all the work in my primary and giving it to offshore so that I had to go to my secondary We-Don't-Speak-No-Good-English account!  Thanks for helping me lower my line average with that awesome secondary and raising my QC average!  Thanks for making me sign in and out 10 times yesterday to see if there was work!  Thanks for taking the work (all out of TAT) and giving it back to onshore a half hour before my shift was over!  Thanks for making me lose sleep over ...

Are Nuance MLS Working On Transcend Accounts? My Workload Has
Oct 19, 2012

Just wondering if we're all sharing accounts now. ...

IMPOSSIBLE To Make A Living Working At Nuance.
Aug 11, 2014

This is beyond insane. Why hire all these new people and pay for training and benefits only to have EVERYONE run out of work? It makes no business sense whatsoever. The person making these decisions must have received their MBA from a Cracker Jack's box. It's bad enough that we're being paid peanuts (pun intended), but to run out of work, too? Come on, people. Develop some sense and sensitivity. Thank you. ...

If You Are Looking For A Great Company, I Would Like To Share Some Positives About Opti-Script. Sm
Mar 15, 2011

For the first time in a very long time, I am excited about a job.  The people are absolutely wonderful and it truly has the feeling of family.  The platform is great (ExText) and I love my account.  No one ever pays me what I think I'm worth, of course (smile), but the pay is decent for being an employee and the insurance is affordable.  People leave you alone to do your job, but they are always available if you need something.  I applied awhile back and the positio ...

When Does Working For 6.5 Cpl VBC Beat Not Working Because Of No Work?!!!!
Oct 09, 2014

d ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...