A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Legal MM Stuff - see msg pls

Posted: May 06, 2014

Hi all, Sorry if this has been discussed, but I don't come around here much anymore because I left about 2 years ago. However, I keep getting legal mumbo-jumbo paperwork regarding their bankruptcy. Do I need to do anything? I really can't quite decipher all this stuff, but I want to make sure I don't get summoned or something---unless they have a million dollars for me. Are you all just tossing it? Thanks!

Just toss it. Employees are listed under the - creditor matrix routinely and the

[ In Reply To ..]
notices are sent automatically to creditors.

Thanks, I will chuck the stuff - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

Similar Messages:

Legal Stuff For MTs--employees And ICs
Apr 26, 2010

I've read several of the posts regarding MTSOs requiring MTs to complete HITECH training on their own time, work over 40 hours without reporting it, or forcing ICs to adhere to a schedule, etc.  Although not an attorney, I'm very close to an employment attorney, and here is a summary of the laws.  Please check out the FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act) under www.dol.gov and check out your own state specifically.    EMPLOYEE STATUS:  1.  It is ...

When Did Freedom Type Get Into Legal MT Stuff?
Nov 18, 2009

Saw an ad for legal transcription from Freedom Type.  When did they start doing that? ...

New Stuff
Oct 13, 2009

How do you get the new stuff. Can't see anything earlier than 10/08 on the boards. ...

When Someone QAs Your Stuff......
Feb 14, 2011

Hi - when QA gives you feedback on a blank you had, are they supposed to (ethically is it proper) for them to continue on and reprimand you, for example,  with "I did find the same thing you blanked at Google.  You need to go to Google." or are they supposed to just correct, and then have your account manager talk to you?   Thanks! ...

ASR - How Does It Come Up With This Stuff?
Mar 19, 2012

ASR:  "She could not tolerate beta blockers or recent hamburgers for cardiomyopathy."   Dictated:  "She could not tolerate beta blockers or ACE inhibitors for cardiomyopathy."  ...

Where Is MM ASR Getting This Stuff??!
Jan 31, 2013

I just got a report where words were added that were essentially a diagnosis that could match the symptoms and treatment the patient had, but THE DOCTOR NEVER SAID THAT! Talk about adding words! Now MM ASR is diagnosing patients along with all the other extra words it adds. At least this string of words was obvious, but there are a lot of little care-changing words added that could be missed. It's amazing what it makes out of thin air when the doctor isn't dictating as it's ge ...

I Am Getting All New Stuff Today...sm.
Oct 19, 2009

first is open smart stitch sutures correct as is? and second is it times 2 or x2?  Never had this before. :-). tia.   ........This was treated with a subacromial decompression and repair of the rotator cuff using the open smart stitch sutures x 2. ...

FUNNY STUFF
Apr 22, 2010

The patient had been trying to wean himself sexually from the PCA. ...

Wow I Like How All The WMX Stuff Disappeared. Nm
Sep 19, 2010

nm ...

I Just Want To Know How This Stuff Gets Printed
Dec 10, 2014

ARS: round ligament could not be seen or identified, did not seem to be coming "off a rope swing." Dictated: round ligament could not be seen or identified, did not seem to be coming "through." Clearly dictated, no slur, no pause, no nothing. Where does this come from? It is no longer funny, it's pretty darned sad. This program has been training for at least 10 years that I can remember, probably more ...

I Will Never Understand How Looking At QC Stuff
Jan 30, 2015

in FIESA is supposed to help my quality if I CAN'T go back and relisten to what I missed. I don't like taking somebody's else's word for it and I certainly don't like putting my initials that I reviewed it. If I missed it, I would be the first to admit it, but I don't ever really know if I missed something or not. I know it doesn't count against the QA score, but it's still aggravating. Sometimes, being able to listen a second time would make everything cl ...

Fair Standards Act/getting Together On This Stuff
Jan 04, 2010

Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place, but it seems like with all the screwing over that some of these companies do to us (and I know it's no accident that they don't encourage us to communicate amongst ourselves), few people here are suggesting some way of getting together to "encourage" the companies we work for to screw us over less, or at least less painfully. I know there's a Fair Standards act, for example, that supposedly covers even us (working on production). Whi ...

If This Is ASR How Does It Make Up Such Believable Stuff
Aug 05, 2012

Like if your in a report that normally uses certain phrases and the doctor hesitates and says NOTHING for awhile, the ASR is putting in headings or text that could go with the report..its crazy...and this ASR with DCQ7 SUCKS ROYALLY...worse then the last version by a mile and a half...Progress huh? ...

Head's Up People With This PTO Stuff
Aug 06, 2013

something is about to blow up. Can't put my finger on it just yet, but be prepared. ...

Throwing Bad Stuff Back!
Jan 27, 2014

It is so frustrating to be working when only a few others are working and having the job#'s progressively increase, but then have a really horrible dictator's file come in that was hundreds of jobs before the rest in your box!  In other words, being thrown back. If you have your client set to show TAT, you can see it in the TAT too!  Like file 1 being at 18:05, file 2 being at 18:05, file 3 being at 18:03, but then file 4 being at 16:55.  If this happened with any of t ...

Scarey Stuff I Find When Going Through Docqmanage
Jan 21, 2013

After a surgery..Patient instructed to get up and work...Dang they are getting pushy in the hospitals today...And I guess the patient is a he-she cause sometimes is a male, sometimes its a female...Who does this stuff? ...

Do QA Percentages Include The Stuff That Is Out Of Our Control?
Jan 21, 2013

I'm an ex-Transcender and when I was approving my time sheet this morning I noticed that my time sheet said my percentage sent to QA was 20.2%.  I have NOT sent this many reports to QA as blanks, but have sent a lot of stuff due to discrepancies, no demographics match, no dictation, etc.  Are they seriously counting stuff that we have NO control over against us for purposes of denying bonuses?  I asked my TSM if that would be the case after we got news of the new pay cuts and ...

Our Stuff Is Coded All Over The Hospital, And They Are Not Coders
Apr 23, 2013

Hey Everybody! I am in an entry-level coding position. I work at a very small rural hospital. I'm trying to figure out how things work and wrap my brain around the whole "cycle." So...here's where I'm puzzled. I ask different questions like, well, who does the E/M coding and the radiology coding and the pathology coding, etc. It just seems that there are many people who do lots of the coding in the hospital. I just want to know if this is normal. One person does inpatient ...

Failing Audit Stuff Has Stopped
Apr 28, 2014

that the failing audit stuff has stopped. Was this an effort to get us to slow way the heck down so they could lower our PTO rate? ...

Imedx Stuff Your Screaming TRANSCRIPTION ERRORS
Apr 02, 2015

Maybe added to the fact that we are now working on 3 or 4 accounts which are unfamiliar, you will recognize that just maybe the facilities are seeing more errors and becoming frustrated because the work is being sent to India where they are seriously less familiar with the account specifics than MTs who worked an account regularly and reliably up until it was taken away.  ...

Ok, I Have Not Read Completely Through This Stuff Happening But I Have A Question About The Drop In
Mar 04, 2010

I have not seen how long our pay would be dropped the 3 cents.  Am I missing something?  Is it just that pay period or the next week or what?  I just don't see that.  I spoke up and am having a conference call with the "team" tomorrow and I really would like to know how long our pay would be deducted.  Peronally I can't afford to have my pay deducted and if you can (mq mts), then you are lucky.  I have not had a pay raise in 9 years and all of this is goin ...

More AAPC Chapter Meeting Stuff - Various Roles Of Coders
May 31, 2010

Here are some things I learned about the various types of coding. They tried to interview coders who do each kind of coding as they went along. (I was taking notes as fast as I could and trying to understand. Anyone who REALLY knows please feel free to correct my understanding! I am including these notes as they were of great interest to me as a potential coding student.) 1. Technical component and Professional component. They illustrated the distinction this way: In interventional radiology t ...

Am I Being A Jerk, Or Is Anyone Else Annoyed The MM Coding Stuff Was Moved To This Board?
Mar 22, 2014

I've already been through school with Andrews and am getting ready to start the transition ICD-10 course, and I honestly don't mean to be a jerk about M modal.  I do feel badly for the MTs there, but I don't see why all the MM coding talk couldn't have just stayed with the MM side of the board.  Anyone else feel the same? ...

Is It Legal
Mar 19, 2010

So I was having lunch with an ex-transcriptionist (got out when the getting was good) and I told her about the docking of 0.03 as of May 1 if we hit 5% QA submission.  She brought up a good point.  Is this even Legal????  If this is done then I am assuming MANY out there will be working BELOW minimum wage.  This can't be done can it?  Doesn't the Q have to pay you at LEAST minimum wage?  I try to maintain 1800+ lines a day and if I lose 0.03 and do the mat ...

Is It Legal To
Jul 26, 2010

work 6 days a week, even though it adds up to 40 hours a week?  Our supervisor is trying to force us to work 2 hours every Friday night.  This means only one full day off.  I have had to get another part-time job on call Friday and Saturday (under the table) to supplement the lost income with MQ and so can't work her mandated hours.  Is it even legal to demand that?  ...

How Is It Legal?
Dec 23, 2013

Is it really legal for Nuance to make us work a holiday, then we don't get paid for it because there are no reports, and then they expect us to work overtime another day to make up for the holiday we worked on that we were never paid for?! Did I get that right?  Has anyone here called the Labor Department?  I'm curious. I will not work overtime after missing Christmas with my family (for zero pay), in order to accomdate their poor scheduling.  I'm upset that ...

Is This Legal?
Aug 20, 2014

I missed 3 days and 3 hours of work due to computer crashing. It took all this time to purchase a new computer, get windows 8 out and windows 7 in, fix whatever for windows update to work and now I'm told I have to use PTO or MUP this week. Seriously? Well, I can't work 14 hours a day so I guess I get screwed out of my measly PTO. How is this legal? Why not just pay me for what I do this week???? ...

Is This Legal???
Apr 01, 2015

I am not able to keep track of my percentage to QC. How would I know if I am nearing the 10%? ...

Pay Per Page/legal
Nov 28, 2009

how does this sound for legal transcription work? this is my first time being offered (and quoted) this type of work and pay.  any ideas?  i did test for them and the verbatim legal test file was quite easy and well over 1-1/2 pages in a short amount of time.   <<<15 pages = $18.00 a page.  All pages count.  Usually less than 25 lines on a page>> any advice appreciated! ...

Is This A Legal Matter?
Dec 26, 2009

I was hired full-time by a small company 3 months ago, offered 15.00 hr, just recently demoted because of a complaint of quality (which was very questionable), told they would pay me 5 cpl (woohoo) for production.  Now they are not supplying me with any work, let alone full-time work!  Dont they have an obligation to fire me, lay me off or supply me with work?  How can they do this?  I cant get unemployment if I'm employed, but my employer isnt supplying me with any work ...