A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How is this for percentages? - 7th child

Posted: Jan 09, 2014

I was curious so when my least favorite dictator came up a little while ago, I decided to count how many errors in her report. It was an approximately 8 minute report, approximately 89 lines. There were 35 errors. These were not all one word errors. There were dates wrong, vitals wrong, of course medication list was a mess as usual. I did even take the time to look at another report to look for an allergic med I didn't understand. The med she mentioned was not on the list on the old report but there were a lot of meds she didn't mention on the original allergy list on admission. Geeze! VR sucks. Why doesn't anyone else want to admit that?

I suppose the incompetent creature is being paid SM - No Sucker, No More

[ In Reply To ..]
hundreds per hour, thousands per week, has a ruby on her navel, takes 5 hours to acknowledge an emergency patient ... been there, done that. WE are REQUIRED to correct not only her English/dictation errors, but also to catch her medication/lab errors, etc., etc. No-No-No.

On second thought, I would just call in sick (which most of us are), chuck the report, and let INDIA type it.

We need to stand our ground, MTs. Abuse, just like a windmill, can only be pushed so far until it buckles .. until it starts pushing the other way, as my Dutch grandma used to say. I say ... MTSOs have pushed all they can.

Racist comments - Anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
The comment in your first sentence (ruby on her navel) is racist. The rest of it demonstrates your ignorance. Correcting dictation errors and catching medication/lab errors if your job, get over it or find a different occupation. Just sign me experienced former MT turned QA who is sick of hearing you whine.

QA - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
QA, you get a 1 point error for typing IF instead of IS.

Just sign me MT that is sick of QA.

percentages - uniquemonique

[ In Reply To ..]
Med errors is one thing, but Nuance is the ONLY MTSO I worked for in over 20 years that required MTs to catch lab errors and for a lousy 4 cents a line.

Point off for - punctuation

[ In Reply To ..]
too!

Probably couldn't cut it as an MT. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

YIKES! Do you want some cheese with YOUR whine?!!! - Tact, anyone?

[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder if you would have addressed an MT that way if you had been in an office together in person. Granted, her post was inappropriate but (and I hesitate to say it in light of your harsh reply) so was your response. Maybe the following link/article will help you deal with the complainers in a more professional manner so you won't find yourself whining right back at them! Just a suggestion from an experienced 'present' MT who could be an A1 QA person but doesn't want the hassle...maybe you're not suited for QA? Just a thought.

http://www.teamworkandleadership.com/2011/11/3-ways-to-deal-with-whiny-and-complaining-employees.html#sthash.H6xJjb0H.dpbs

No, don't YOU whine... you're not doing QA here SM - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
What's racist about OPs post ... her Dutch grandma or sending work to India? By the number of "dislikes" submitted, you appear as a disgruntled, bitter, bullying QA who obviously dislikes his/her job & needs to get nasty.

Keep your condescending preaching to your QA duties... the OP has a right to his/her opinion just as you do yours.

Oh, please don't play that racist card SM - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
It's been overplayed. If the poster had mentioned a U.S.-based MT with a belly ring or hoop earrings, you would probably have something nasty to say about that, too.

Oh please, give "racist" a rest. - Ruby Valkyrie

[ In Reply To ..]
"Ruby in the navel" can be read as entitled -- whatever color the wearer is. Raspberry to you.

I agree - the QA thought he/she was QA'ing on this forum as well. - Sammy

[ In Reply To ..]
Would it be racist to mention maybe, a diamond, emerald, topaz, garnet or pearl? But no, you just had to get in your nasty two cents' worth.

Similar Messages:

CORRECT WAY TO WRITE PERCENTAGES
Feb 20, 2010

Which is correct ..... 5 to 10%  (that's how it is worded) or 5% to 10% - or five to ten percent??? ...

Do QA Percentages Include The Stuff That Is Out Of Our Control?
Jan 21, 2013

I'm an ex-Transcender and when I was approving my time sheet this morning I noticed that my time sheet said my percentage sent to QA was 20.2%.  I have NOT sent this many reports to QA as blanks, but have sent a lot of stuff due to discrepancies, no demographics match, no dictation, etc.  Are they seriously counting stuff that we have NO control over against us for purposes of denying bonuses?  I asked my TSM if that would be the case after we got news of the new pay cuts and ...

If It Were Not So Laughable I Might Be Upset. Their Fake QC Percentages
Feb 26, 2015

...when they need a boatload of us "unfavorables" to resign so they can hurry up and give former QC (previously it was the team lead) people our slots. Nuance should realize that, at the very least, some of us have learned to transcribe right through their stupid bogus scripts, some have even had the same script twice, it has happened so frequently, and we have learned how to do screen shots and keep meticulous records and ... warn others about it. So, especially you folks who have been ...

Amphion - Deductible, Percentages, Or Cost For Single?
Jul 15, 2010

I'm interviewing with this company this week. Can anyone give me recent experience with this company? Is the pay fair? How user-friendly is their system? Can you give me info on medical benefits such as deductible, percentages, or cost for single? Really any recent information is very helpful and much appreciated. Thank you! ...