A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Americas Worst Companies to Work For ... Nuance - KLong

Posted: Jul 25, 2013

I'm shocked...why isn't Nuance on this list? http://www.boston.com/business/2013/07/24/the-worst-company-work-for/hq7XqNWfC6ZpkZcRCZcoeO/story.html

Why? - Whatever

[ In Reply To ..]
Because Nuance employees probably did not participate in the survey. Also, Nuance as an employer across the board probably does not suck, only the Medical Transcription division.

You know...in a way....she/he's right.... - Nuance never started

[ In Reply To ..]
out being a transcription company. They were a software developer (I think). They just saw where all the money was and decided to start their own little branch of transcriptionists. It's why they have NO CLUE how to run a transcription company. They have NO CLUE how to treat us as employees, only as their moneymakers and they're going to squeeze us until they get every last penny they can. I kinda feel like a prostitute sometimes. But...that being said, Nuance is probably well-thought of in the business world for stuff OTHER than transcription.

I can't wait to start my career over with another company that "seems" to value me and my experience. Nuance SUCKS BIG TIME. Worst part is? They know it. They don't care. There's money in their bank accounts and the only reason it's there is because of US.

Similar Messages:

Americas Worst Companies To Work For ... MModal
Jul 25, 2013

I'm shocked...why isn't MModal on this list? ...

Worst Companies To Work
Sep 07, 2013

MModal Nuance Precyse   The big 3 to stay away from ...

Worst Companies To Work For...MModal
Jul 29, 2013

http://crankalicious.hubpages.com/hub/The-Worst-Companies-to-Work-For-M-Modal Just a bit of a sample of this article.  A must read article.  It will blow you away. EMPLOYEES MAKE LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE When a company treats its employees like disposable parts, such behavior can often be partially tolerated if the pay is good. That is not the case with M Modal, which has consistently lowered the pay rate of its employees to the point where many of them don't make minimum wag ...

Nuance Is The Worst Company Ever
May 08, 2014

I HATE THIS COMPANY!  Just needed to vent.  ...

Nuance CEO Made The Top Worst CEO List
Dec 31, 2013

http://www.foxbusiness.com/business-leaders/2013/12/30/worst-ceo-2013/ ...

Nuance CEO Made The List Of Worst CEOs
Dec 25, 2014

See link about the 7 worst CEOs of 2014.   #5 Paul Ricci, Chairman and CEO, Nuance Communications Despite having acquired all his competitors and now having an effective monopoly on the voice recognition technology used in smartphone, healthcare, customer service, and a broad array of other applications, Nuance’s (NUAN) long-time CEO still can’t seem to figure out how to make money or organically grow the business. The stock is trading near five-year lows and this is Ri ...

Americas Pride - Just Curious
Jul 14, 2012

Hi, recently sent the resume in and got an email back stating that I had been hired  -- no testing -- yeah!! but just wondering how long it takes to get set up etc.  "C" is apparently on vacation; however, this morning did get an e-mail from "P" asking the tech person to contact me.  Not the greatest pay in the world; however, I can see or at least try to see "both sides of the coin," and if this is straight typing, not going to complain. ...

Nuance... Bad Company Or Worst Company Ever.
May 15, 2015

Some days are more aggravating than others with this company.   ...

How Many Companies Are Part Of Nuance?
Feb 09, 2011

I was just reading another thread which makes me wonder how many companies are part of Nuance?  I take it Focus, OSI, Encompass,  some connection with Webmedx (maybe just with overflow), SGS, Execuscribe, Meditech.  Any others?  I'd really like to know because it seems every time I tried in the past to look for a new job I ended up applying with the same basic MTSO, though different names.  Is there any way to find out the names of the MTSOs that get swall ...

Does Anyone Know Who The Next Biggest Few Companies Are After MM And Nuance?
Sep 02, 2012

I have watched all the mergers and acquisitions over the last few years, and I every company I go to work for sells to one of them. Who is left that is still pretty big? Part of it is just my being curious. I used to know who the biggest 10 companies were, now I have no idea. Does anyone else know? ...

Nuance - One Of The Better Companies IMHO
Sep 21, 2012

Why would anyone praise a company that just terminated them?  Why no bitter recriminations? Well, because it was my fault - that's why.  I had told the company when I was hired that I would be unavailable for a part of the summer due to some obligations that I had already undertaken.  I was away for about 2+ weeks, thinking nothing much about it, and when I came back found that I couldn't log on, etc. I hadn't received any communication from the company, so I chec ...

Which Companies Have NOT Been Bought Out By Nuance Yet?!! Nm
Apr 09, 2013

x ...

Fed Up With Nuance - Suggestions For Other Companies?
Dec 03, 2013

I have just about had it with Nuance. Does anyone have any suggestions for other companies?  I have a little bit over a year of experience doing acute care.  I was hoping I could stick it out with Nuance to get at least 2 years of experience but I don't see that happening and I know most places want at least 2 years. Please help me! Thanks ...

ARE THERE ANY COMPANIES NUANCE DOESN'T OWN??!!
Dec 24, 2013

So, I have been looking around seeing what else is out there. First of all, don't you wish you could put a giant WARNING sign across the web sites for on line MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION courses??? Wow, what a joke! They are still calling it a great career! They are still saying you will be in demand and make 30,000 plus a year! I saw some sites from a few years ago where newbies were trying to find jobs and getting discouraged. People were telling them not to worry, they will be fine, etc. ...

FYI - COMPANIES NUANCE ACQUIRED
Jun 12, 2014

Just found this. Scan down to see all of the acquisitions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuance_Communications ...

What Companies Use EScription BESIDES Nuance
Nov 10, 2014

I'm not too fond of Fluency/DoQscribe.  The platform itself is nice, but it doesn't seem to be as good at speech recognition as eScription.  Fluency is very user friendly, but when I worked at MM it produced horrible drafts on speech recognition.  I know that could in part be attributed to multiple MTs using a variety of editing styles, which could cause the platform to not learn, but all I know is it was a struggle getting a good line count with VR on Fluency.  Can ...

For Those Who Worked At Companies Bought Out By Nuance
Jun 23, 2011

Just wondering if there were any warning signs before you were bought out?  Or anything unusual happening?  The company I work for now hires Nuance to do our audits and had them do HIPAA training for us.  Now, I am worried they will be buying the company out.  I am probably being paranoid but just wondering. ...

Nuance Medical And Dental - What Companies Do They Have Coverage With?
Oct 20, 2011

Thanks ...

Opinions On 3 Companies-Nuance, Transcend And MModal
Feb 01, 2012

I am currently an IC but seeking an employee position that offer a good workflow, decent insurance family rates and retirement plan.  Do any of these 3 companies offer anything like this? I hate going back out into an office but may have to.  It has occured to me as I am getting older that I have no retirement or decent insurance so something has to give. Opinions please. ...

Largest Transcription Companies Out There That Are Not Affiliated With Nuance?
Apr 10, 2014

What are some of the largest transcription companies out there that are not affiliated with Nuance?  It is way too hard to get a parttime job with smaller independent hospitals.  ...

Are There Any Companies That Provide Computer Equipment? Tired Of Nuance
Jan 31, 2014

xx ...

Any Companies With Insurance Deductibles Less Than 2500? Can't Afford Nuance Anymore Nm
Nov 30, 2013

xx ...

How Long Does It Take Nuance To Convert Platforms To Their Methods On Companies And Accounts Acquire
Sep 24, 2013

My company was acquired by Nuance a few months back and so far the only thing that has changed has been e-mail addresses.  Paystubs even still reflect our original company name.  Will they keep our proprietary platform or make us change to eScription soon?  Also, we're all ICs.  Does anyone know if we will be required to become Nuance employees at the first of the year?  ...

Which Is The Worst?
Apr 09, 2013

When the dictator: 1.  Constantly saying "um" or "ah" or "and" throughout dictation? 2.  Sucking his teeth? 3.  Sniffing and snorting snot? ALL EQUALLY DISGUSTING TO ME. Take a second and blow your nose. ...

Worst Day Ever - Sm
Aug 15, 2013

11 reports in 1-1/2 hours, 246 lines, 24.6% to QA. Just shoot me now. ...

Worst Of The Worst
Jan 24, 2015

Today I seem to be getting the worst dictators in the history of mankind.  After a while your ears simply give out.  Enough already!! ...

DSG Seems To Have The WORST Dictators
Mar 26, 2010

I have been an MT for over 20 years and have worked at a few different companies.  I am currently with DSG, and I just have to say, DSG seems to have the WORST dictators of any company that I have worked for.  I work on 5 different accounts for them and it is all the same.  Any other DSG'ers out there that are experiencing the same thing?  I don't recall being told when I was hired that I would be typing 98% ESL.  Beware if you are thinking of working here!    ...

Today, ASR Is The Worst It Has Every Been!!
Apr 29, 2013

My count is in the toilet. 80% retype and I can't F11 ! Hey Amy, spent a day in my shoes. ASR has been worse lately, but this is the absolute worst. ...

Sometimes I Feel Like The Worst MT
Mar 27, 2014

Lately I have not bee doing well, short on line count, a few bad audits, I am in the dog house. I now have a fear that a I too will be let go. It is hard to work like this, wish I could just quit, but cannot right now, maybe in a few months, unless they terminate me. I understand the policy, 150 LPH, but sometimes I just cannot make it, dictators are bad, unfamiliar accounts. When it is good, it is good, but when it is bad, it is bad! I guess I will just keep plugging along until other wise :( ...

The Worst Thing You Can Do Is Nothing
Apr 23, 2014

In addition to writing to your representatives, we should all try to get our story in the news.  ABC World News or any of the others woulld be a great avenue to try.  We just need to get their attention.  Most average people don't even know about the MTStars site..we need to change that.  They ask to keep it brief, so I would refer them to the site and make brief statements about outsourcing, how our pay has been cut in half, that VR is not all it has been made out to be ...