A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

any companies with insurance deductibles less than 2500? Can't afford Nuance anymore nm - broke

Posted: Nov 30, 2013

xx

Advice... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Find another job PT that doesn't offer benefits, cut your hours with Nuance to 29 or less, and then go on the healthcare exchange and buy better insurance.

oh sure..advice - cut your income

[ In Reply To ..]
and not be able to afford to feed your self and your family and sign up for Ocare and subsidies...fooling yourself! and bad advice to others. oh, and since you cut your income, now you cannot afford to "buy better insurance" either, because it just does not exist. Give me a break!

Uh, she was saying get 2 part time jobs - not cut income

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have a lot of medical bills, like it or not, the ACA is much, much better than any crappy junk insurance offered by any crappy MTSO, so do your research and figure that one out. You should not denigrate others' choices when it comes to the very important matter of obtaining the best possible health insurance. This person could be on multiple medications and use up the $2500 in a couple of months - could you afford that?

What Nuance offers is garbage insurance, courtesy of being allowed to grandfather it, I can vouch for that. Like Wal-Mart, is there any excuse for a huge corporation like Nuance to NOT use their bargaining power to obtain better coverage? Like Wal-Mart, they just wish not to because they don't have to and they don't care about making their employees happy, only their investors.

We all have to look at our situations and make the best of the choices available, and for many of us in the lower income bracket through no fault of our own, Obamacare is a good choice. Don't knock it unless you know anything about it, okay?
Not much, much better - Innoncent bystander
[ In Reply To ..]
Unless people are extremely low income, the ACA is not going to be a better deal. Health care is still going to cost the same. As with any plan, the better the coverage the more you pay (the ACA offers 3 tiers). You will also need a separate dental plan and optical if you are currently getting that or want it because the ACA doesn't offer it. On many plans, meds do not apply to the deductible anyway so that's kind of a moot point in regard to meeting the $2500. It seems as if we all need to research Obamacare before telling others that they don't know anything.
Personally, I believe most MTs - ARE extremely low income
[ In Reply To ..]
And the ACA IS going to be a better deal.

I was addressing the previous poster's inference that the advice anon gave was to cut her income, when in fact she was advising her to increase her income, so she would obviously be able to afford to buy better insurance, first of all (29 + 20 hours), but with being part time for both companies and ineligible for benefits, would then become eligible for Obamacare.

Specifically, where Nuance is concerned, you are correct that the prescriptions do have copay, but doctor visits, x-rays, etc. do not. If you have to go to the doctor once a week every visit is out of your pocket, if you have to get 1 x-ray or CT scan, you will be broke. I believe the OP was specifically requesting medical, she has posted before requesting similar information.

Since you may or may not be a Nuance employee, but are obviously worried that someone might try to do to the large employers what they did to us (i.e. work the system, this time so WE can get affordable coverage instead of junk policies and minimal coverage), I will tell you that the policies we were offered were pretty much junk insurance. That $2500 deductible applies to everything except the preventive care and the drugs. That is a huge amount and what reason for that but to discourage you to go to the doctor. Also, you still pay premiums which take a chunk out or your dwindling income, so many would probably opt to not insure unless your health costs are huge, since why pay $80 odd dollars every 2 weeks and then have to climb that $2500 mountain if anything happens?

I still hold that Nuance could have gotten us much better and more affordable coverage being a large corporation, also based in Massachusetts, where Romneycare started this whole thing.

So are you a Nuance employee, and do you think the insurance is good? I am not a high user of medical insurance, but if I were I think the ACA is definitely a better way to go, and that person would probably be eligible for a substantial subsidy on our income and perhaps opt for the mid level plan. I only wish I could qualify for it.
Thank you... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
As I originally posted, I have looked at all my options currently as someone who is currently transitioning to the Nuance "insurance" and I can say that, for me, I can get 80/20 coverage on the exchange around 280/mo. This plan, while yes, more expensive than Nuance's 160/mo, is far superior. And with the subsequent pay reductin they have offered us, I have lined up another PT gig that pays more and will be able to afford it and have better insurance. So, YES, it does make sense, at least for me...at more than likely for some others as well.
that is only your situation - not others
[ In Reply To ..]
you seem to say that just because YOU can do this, that everybody can, and that is just wrong! push the koolaid somewhere else.
Excuse me, but Nuance insurance is NOT grandfathered. Sm - Oldie
[ In Reply To ..]
My VA senator confirmed that overseas companies even though they may employ US citizens ARE NOT bound by the ACA regulations at all. When I asked the senator's representative if he thought this was a good thing, he said yes because it promotes globalization, and NO before you assume his is a GOP senator, it is not. His last name starts with W. Get your facts straight. Call your senator's office to confirm it yourself.
Are you saying Nuance is an overseas company - and not bound by ACA?
[ In Reply To ..]
I think their headquarters are in Massachusetts, so how are they an overseas company?

I believe the insurance offered by Nuance is indeed grandfathered BC because it is the same junk we had last year, high deductibles and no copays. If you check the exchanges, you will at least have the option of having reasonably copays, deductible and OOP, depending on what state you live in.

Nuance Insurance - QC2015

[ In Reply To ..]
So, I had a Dexa scan for osteopenia and a mammogram for fibrocystic disease, and NO BCBS does NOT, I repeat NOT pay for it. Totally crazy! I go with no insurance and get both these tests for free. Unbelievable!!

thanks for the responses, will check into the ACA. - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I have several medical problems and meeting that $2400 deductible every year i tough. And then, Nuance only pays 75% after you meet the deductible, so we are still responsible for 25%. If I had a lump sum of $2500 every year I wouldn't need the insurance.

MModal has cheapest insurance out there. HMO - with office/prescrip copays

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Opinions Please--Nuance Ins Ded Sucks 2500; But I Need Comp Equ Supplied--sm
Nov 20, 2013

I'm considering going back to MModal, which I hated but their deductible is only $500.   ...

How Do You Know What Companies Are Reputable Anymore
Aug 14, 2012

Are There Companies Out There Who Still Do Straight Typing Anymore?
Oct 04, 2012

Any Companies Doing Straight Typing Anymore?
Nov 02, 2012

I have over 15+ years experience but stopped working in November of 2010 to be at home with my two young boys and give them my full attention. Now that they are both in school, I am wanting to start back typing again. I have looked on several sites but mostly all I find is VR or SR jobs, which I despise. Can anyone tell me of any places that hire for straight typing? Thanks! ...

Are There Companies Still Supplying Computers Anymore?
Jan 13, 2014

currently at Nuance but brely making a living.   ...

Do Any Companies Offer Statutory Employment Anymore? Take Out My Taxes And FICA, Sm
Oct 09, 2013

no other benefits, let me determine how many lines I will do and what days, and leave me the heck alone? I miss MDI-MD. :( ...

Out Of Work- Dont You Realize That There Are Deductibles That Have To Be Met -sm
Jan 20, 2011

and people are just not going  in for surgeries or waiting till they are horribly sick before coming to the hospital.  It is always slow everywhere I have worked between January and February.  Of course you will be out of work at this time of year.  I have been here long enough to know I work for 2 jobs because of this reason and, unfortunately, both places I work are low on work right now.  Please just suck it up and quit complaining.  At least you have a job and ...

Anbody Know Which Companies Have HMO Insurance?
Nov 18, 2009

I prefer not to deal with a PPO because they usually have huge deductibles and then only pay 80% after that.  Thank goodness I'm healthy, but I always think if anything ever were to ever happen, costs like that would put me under.  Are there any companies which offer either an HMO or maybe a choice between HMO and PPO? ...

Any Companies Have Reasonable Insurance
Oct 09, 2011

Hi all, I was wondering if there were any companies out there that have reasonable insurance?  I am to start a new company in November, but the insurance is outrageous!  I am the only one working right now and we have two little ones.  So, we definitely need coverage.  If you are not comfortable with responding here, please do email.    Thank you! :)  ...

Any Companies Have Decent Insurance?
May 11, 2015

Hi all!  I really need to work for a company with decent health insurance for an individual.  I think it would be a good reference for everyone if you could reply with the name of your MTSO, your health insurance premium, and whether it's individual or family.  Anyone want to participate?  ...

Ten Companies With Health Insurance For PT Work
Nov 13, 2010

Just saw this article and was thinking maybe I could swing a part time gig at one of these places and do transcription the rest of the time and thought I'd share....  If you can't get the link the companies are: R.E.I. Whole Food Market Nordstrom Starbucks UPS Lowes J.C. Penney Lands' End JP Morgan Chase Barnes and Noble http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2010/11/09/top-10-part-time-jobs-with-benefits?icid=main|aim|dl4|sec1_lnk3|183242 ...

Nuance Insurance Or Obama's "marketplace" Insurance
Oct 17, 2013

Hmmmmmm, should I go with Nuance insurance or Obama's "marketplace" insurance - that is the question. I'll be broke either way. ...

When A Company Doesn't Pay And You Can't Afford A Lawyer...
Apr 03, 2014

You're pretty much out of luck, right? A company didn't pay me, and I can't afford a lawyer to sue them as I'm flat broke. Do I have any options to get my money? ...

Any Companies Have United Health Or Cigna Insurance?
Jan 10, 2011

I seriously need some better insurance!  Any info on company would be appreciated as well, and cost.  Thanks so much! ...

Needing Good Health Insurance...Companies???
Feb 28, 2014

Needing an employee position that offers the cheap family insurance...Any ideas???   Thanks! ...

Do Any Companies Offer Decent Insurance For Part-time?
Dec 31, 2009

nm ...

Are There Any Companies That Have Good Health Insurance And Fairly Cheap? Sm
Feb 03, 2011

I go to the doctor a lot and have a lot of prescriptions, so I need a company that has good health insurance, and hopefully doesn't charge a lot for it.  I used to work at OSi and was thinking about going back there, but another poster on here said their insurance is $1000 a month for family!!!  Thanks for your help!      ...

Should The Insurance Companies Take Over The Daunting Task Of The Transcription Service?
Jun 21, 2012

It just seems like it would save a step, as far as billing goes, the M.D. would get reimbursed more quickly. Insurance companies may even pay MTs more? Wouldn't this have substantial savings in administrative and other costs? They would not have to keep trimming back on their transcription costs by lowering the MT pay rates. ...

Do Any Companies Offer Health Insurance For Part-timers?
Feb 09, 2013

x ...

I'm Cannot Afford To Quit Work As A MT And Go To School For Coding/billing. S/m
Aug 22, 2012

I will have to continue to work full-time while taking classes.  Which online schools are accredited?   And is there a big difference in getting a job/pay for having diploma or certificate?  I'm in Florida and there are a lot of schools advertised.  I want a good school, not a scam program.  Thank you. ...

Insurance/Nuance
Nov 29, 2011

On our new insurance plan for employee only, I am getting major medical, dental, cancer, critical illness, accidental for about the same I was paying or a little less than before for major medical, dental and vision. However the rate for adding spouse or family or child went up. So my son is going to get his own plan which is cheaper than adding him to mine.  Also disability insurance is paid by the company on this plan.  Deductibles went up, mine is 2500, but that is going on througho ...

Wmx/Nuance Insurance
Aug 15, 2012

Okay we HAD to change our insurance when Nuance bought us out...and it was horribly expensive with a $2500 deductible.  They changed us in January, and I have just met that deductible. Well, guess what?  They "think" they informed us that the anniversary date would be  in August, and then the deductible starts OVER, and they are oh so sorry for this, but that is the way it is!!!  and "oh, we are all so sorry."  Well, I can't afford my medicine and can't afford ...

Nuance Med Insurance. Can You Tell Me Who They Use
Oct 22, 2012

no msg ...

Does Anyone Else Get Insurance Through Nuance?
Jan 06, 2014

Does anyone else get insurance through Nuance? I had downloaded and kept my coverage information (what is covered, percentages, etc), but lost it. Can anyone help with this? ...

WMX/Nuance Resignation - Insurance
Dec 09, 2011

I recently submitted my resignation to WMX. Does anyone know how long the health insurance is in effect afterwards? In my case, my last day is Dec 19th. Is it only effective through then or longer due to biweekly deductions for it?  Thanks ...

Nuance Health Insurance
Nov 09, 2012

Please correct me if I am wrong, but from what I have heard this insurance plan (BC/BS?) does not cover primary care office visits until you reach a 2500 dollar deductible, no copay anymore, paying for the whole visit??  I thought all insurance companies had us pay a copay, not the whole cost of the office visit.  What about prescriptions, do we pay the full price for them now too, or is it still about a 15 dollar copay?  I am left wondering how they got this kind of insuranc ...

Best Option For Insurance Is With Nuance
Nov 07, 2013

I'm wondering what the best option for insurance is with Nuance.  It looks as though there is no co-pay for office visits, so I'm guessing I should do a HSA?  I really like having an office visit co-pay :( ...

Nuance Insurance Question
Jan 08, 2014

Are medications and doctor visits covered or are they part of what you have to pay until you hit deductible? ...

What Nuance Charges For Insurance
Jan 29, 2014

Does anybody know what nuance charges for insurance, parent/child or family?   TIA! ...

Nuance Dental Insurance
May 22, 2014

I am a new hire for Nuance.  Can someone tell me about the Nuance dental insurance?   The deductibles, the waiting period, pay for major procedures? ...