A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Opinions on 3 companies-Nuance, Transcend and MModal - Needbenefits

Posted: Feb 01, 2012

I am currently an IC but seeking an employee position that offer a good workflow, decent insurance family rates and retirement plan.  Do any of these 3 companies offer anything like this? I hate going back out into an office but may have to.  It has occured to me as I am getting older that I have no retirement or decent insurance so something has to give. Opinions please.

to need benefits - anonyn

[ In Reply To ..]
The health insurance at mmodal has gotten more expensive and not as good as it once was. There are no copays and you have to pay 30% of your bill and there is a $3000 deductible per person.

there is also no match on 401K - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Crazy high insurance.

Seriously..a recent ad says and I quote"M*Modal’s benefits package is second to none in - We have NO hope

[ In Reply To ..]
If they consider these kinds of "benefits" second to none in this industry, then I might as well just give up and go get a "real" job. Wow.
Well, they ARE second to none - Ex-MQ
[ In Reply To ..]
in the poor way they treat MTs. Why do you think they had to change their name? Pretty cheesy, I would say.

as far as Transcend - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Transcend has a good work flow (at least in my experience), flexibility, 401k with match (which fewer have now), and a fairly attractive insurance plan. If you buy one disability insurance, the other is paid (short vs long-term) However, I have my insurance privately as I do not want to be tied that way to my job. All insurance rates are getting worse however.

Nuance insurance - YIKES!

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a former Webbie that was bought out by Nuance. The single person insurance premium was not too bad, but the family insurance premium seemed way high. Several other MTs I talked with about it said they would pretty much be working just to pay for insurance. I did not look into the coverage, so don't know how good that was. It was cheaper for me to buy a policy on my own. Good luck

As far as Transcend - Does not match 401

[ In Reply To ..]
Their match is 4% of the first 50% percent that you contribute. Ends up being a very small dollar amount unless you are able to contribute a HUGE amount monthly. Easy enough to figure out. (I.E. You contribute $ 1000, 50% equals $ 500, Transcend match at 4% equals $ 20.00.)

Nuance - Webber

[ In Reply To ..]
Workflow since Nuance transition has actually been pretty good. The insurance for a family was not at all affordable for me--high deductible, high premiums, etc. They do have a flexible spending plan. They also do actually have a 401K plan with an employer match.

I know I'm screaming this but really - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
WHY IS IT THAT WE WORK IN THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND CANNOT GET AFFORDABLE MEDICAL INSURANCE. high premiums and high copays and high deductibles. never seen anything like it. I need a job with the county, city, state, or even a hospital. I could be a housekeeper in a hospital and have better medical coverage than the plans they want us to think are "about average across the board." what board? they make me sick, but then I can't afford to go to the doctor after paying for the insurance.

bra-VO - Well put. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Nuance Overtaking Transcend..now MModal No Longer #1 In MTSO?
Mar 08, 2012

Wonder why Mmodal even keeps stable of MTs..since clearly they are a VR/EMR company.  I wonder if they could get rid of this dead wait of these irritating typists they have to deal with and just move en masse over to Nuance?  ...

Worst Companies To Work For...MModal
Jul 29, 2013

http://crankalicious.hubpages.com/hub/The-Worst-Companies-to-Work-For-M-Modal Just a bit of a sample of this article.  A must read article.  It will blow you away. EMPLOYEES MAKE LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE When a company treats its employees like disposable parts, such behavior can often be partially tolerated if the pay is good. That is not the case with M Modal, which has consistently lowered the pay rate of its employees to the point where many of them don't make minimum wag ...

Americas Worst Companies To Work For ... MModal
Jul 25, 2013

I'm shocked...why isn't MModal on this list? ...

Working 2 Companies ?Wmx And Transcend??
Oct 05, 2011

Anyone working or have worked for both and can give input as to how your earnings vary from one to the other.  I know accounts, etc. make a difference.  I see both companies are hiring and offering about the same wages.  WMX recently bought by Nuance so I am sure things will be changing.   Wondering if work is more stable with one or the other.  Any info helpful in deciding which company to apply to.  TIA for any comparisons between these 2 companies. ...

Are There Companies That Provide Computer Besides MModal? Have Heard Precyse Isn't Hiring. NM
Mar 09, 2014

xx ...

Not Sure What To Do (Nuance Vs MModal)
Mar 27, 2012

I left MModal when they took over a company I was working for, so really I was only with them for  about 2 weeks.  Now I'm working for a company that Nuance is taking over.  I applied for Nuance and I've been offered a job with them. They are already so disorganized.  Just faxing in the paperwork to them has been a nightmare.  The recruiter is scatterbrained.  The HR dept keep changing things and not faxing me the correct paperwork on what I need to g ...

Nuance Vs MModal
Dec 12, 2013

Just curious - at Nuance, if you fail your audits, do they put you on 100% QA and reduce your salary as they do at MM? ...

MModal ---Nuance
Mar 17, 2014

Rumor has it that now Nuance will purchase MModal!!! OMG... There will be no other company left. Nuance is horrible and now with joining hips with MModal it will be worse for all of us.  I left MModal and now with Nuance and things are not better. MModal will just continue to ruin the industry and send everything offshore or to VR and pay us pennies for our knowledge and hard work. I am tired of sitting around waiting for work only to now be told that MModal will most likely be taken over ...

MModal Vs Nuance
Aug 26, 2014

I'm a Nuance employee and know that our companies are constantly competing to be the biggest and (probably) cheapest out there.  So I often will watch this board for trends and other stuff that the big Nuisance will pick up and do themselves.  Lately I've been seeing a lot of comments about your quality requirements, either being above or moving down to (what could it have been before???) 99.5%.  I'm assuming our scoring is fairly similar, where minor errors are a ...

I Work For Both MModal And Nuance
Dec 11, 2012

And I can tell you with certainty that M*Modal is waaaaaaaay better to work for.  The pay is rotten just like everywhere else, but I have always been treated with complete respect by my bosses and co-workers.  Nuance is the worst job I've ever had, and I've been working for a long time.  They try every way they can to beat you down. Their QA is the worst I've ever experienced.  I have nothing nice to say about them at all. ...

Is This Site Only For Nuance/mmodal MTs
May 08, 2013

Or just a board for MTs in general?  I've never spent a lot of time on here until recently, and the more I read, I started thinking it was really only for those of you at those two places?  I've gotten good info from here and looked for jobs once in awhile but did not want to intrude if it was mainly focused on those two companies. ...

Article About Nuance And MModal
Jul 29, 2014

Take a look at the load of crap they're selling these hospitals! ...

Switch From MModal To Nuance-am I Crazy??
May 20, 2012

I'm considering leaving MModal to go to Nuance, as MModal won't give me a day shift, and Nuance says they do.  Would I be crazy to switch?  Thanks. ...

Mmodal Versus Nuance...any Advice?
Oct 03, 2012

How Long Until Mmodal Gobbles Up Nuance Ya Think?
Oct 15, 2012

eliminate the third biggest so now they have a bigger carrot to dangle.  Face it, Nuance's healthcare is just a drop in the bucket of all their endeavors.  ...

Undercover Boss For Nuance And MModal
May 29, 2013

It would be great if the CEOs of these cheap miserly companies had to trade places with us worker bees for a week or two like on the TV show Undercover Boss and see how long they would last.  That would be an eye-opener.  ...

Wow...Nuance Acquired Probity? Look Out MModal..
Aug 29, 2013

I can't wait to see who wins the war and which one is left standing.  Two classic examples of money hungry, worthless management companies I have EVER worked at.  I hope they BOTH wind up in the trash can bankrupt.  I only wish MTs could band together and make that happen sooner rather than later.  This is all just so senseless.  Ruination of lives..... ...

Is Anyone Happy Working For Nuance? What About Mmodal? And Why?
Sep 21, 2013

i, too, like a couple others on here right now, am wondering what if any transcription companies still out there are good to work for. ...

Is There Anyone Here Working For Nuance Or MModal Who Is Happy With Their Job? Nm
Nov 06, 2013

, ...

Which Company (not MModal) Is The Competition For Nuance?
Jan 13, 2015

I want to work for their biggest competitor and hopefully help in taking contracts away from Nuance and causing them to feel the financial losses that we have been feeling for quite some time. There has to be some company who is growing fast and obtaining some of their clients.  Anyone? ...

Transcend MQ Or Nuance
Jul 28, 2011

I'm trying to decide whether to apply at Transcend, Nuance or MQ. Any  inputs from those MTs that work at these 3 companies? I would greatly appreciate your assistance as all 3 companies have contacted me and I'm very leery of Nuance because of the offshore connection. Does Transcend or MQ send our work offshore or are owned by offshore companies?  Thanks for your honesty.   ...

Transcend Or Nuance?.............sm
Nov 27, 2011

Having phone interviews tomorrow.....any input from knowledgeable MTs? I have not been in the job search for years, feel like a duck out of water....thank you for any input! ...

Is There Anything Better About Nuance Than Transcend?
Mar 07, 2012

I have a lump in my throat today about the merger.  I am wondering if there is anything positive that can come out of this.  Do part time workers receive any benefits?  Are there any typing accounts at Nuance or is it all VR?  TIA ...

Is Transcend Now Nuance? Nm
Jun 02, 2012

nm ...

Transcend QA/Nuance
Jun 11, 2012

Well, well, well.  Looks like some of the Transcend QA hagathas must be QAing Nuance's work now because they are marking off for every little thing!  I get marked off because I forgot to add a dash.  THIS IS RIDICULOUS!  I was QC myself but went back to being an MT due to the low pay per hour, and I just noticed this.  They want to make sure no one will ever get that bonus it looks like! ...

One Less Competitor For Nuance - MModal Files Bankruptcy
Mar 08, 2014

From this morning's Wall Street Journal:  M*Modal, a medical services company owned by a J.P. Morgan Chase JPM +0.85% & Co. private-equity arm is preparing to file for bankruptcy protection in the next two weeks as it struggles under a hefty debt load and declining sales, people familiar with the matter said. M*Modal is in discussions with its creditors on a prearranged restructuring plan that would streamline its trip through bankruptcy court, these peo ...

Nuance Versus Transcend?
Jun 23, 2011

Any thoughts on these 2 companies? Which one would you consider to be the lesser of 2 evils? TIA! ...

Transcend Versus Nuance
Dec 14, 2011

I am thinking about both Nuance and Transcend.  Does anyone like working for Nuance?  Does anyone have any advice?  Left MQ - looking for something better. ...

Nuance To Acquire Transcend
Mar 07, 2012

nm ...

TRANSCEND BOUGHT OUT BY NUANCE
Mar 07, 2012

Transcend employees received notification this morning that Transcend is being bought out by Nuance. Transition expected to happen during the second half of Nuance's fiscal year 2012. Those of you with Nuance - is this a good thing? ...