A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My job will not load. What a way to start the day - Got a job, but it will not load. No message

Posted: Aug 23, 2010

x

Japanese speaker. No English. Knows not - the difference between

[ In Reply To ..]
"regiment" and "regimen." Heaven help us. Have I mentioned today that I hate my job?

re: No English - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
It's tough to sit through and listen to someone with a heavy accent, however it's awesome that a person is able to speak more than ONE language. Just saying... My SIL speaks English, Korean and some Spanish. He speaks with a bit of an accent (Korean)

I like my job and find it challenges me to work on accounts with accents. Has anyone else ever had an out of office encouter where your expertise at listening to so many different accents has helped out? I did! My neighbor can and asked if I'd help out. She could not understand what the pest control man was saying, he was speaking English, but it was obvious it wasn't his first language. All he was telling her was that she needed to keep the food (dog food) off the ground in the back yard, but she kept hearing "foots". It was funny and she had panicked, but it was easy for me to understand what he was telling her. He was middle eastern.

â˜Âº

NO ENGLISH - Nature

[ In Reply To ..]
I was raised in the Southwest, Texas. After working at an in-hospital for 10 years, I started working as a home MT, and I moved to Ohio. My sister's neighbor had a thick Italian accent, talking very fast. I could not understand her one bit. I was frustrated that I could not back her up and slow her down. One day my sister and I were in a store in Ohio, and I was trying to listen to the couple of women in front of me (so I could learn the "Ohio" language). I could not understand one word. I turned to my sister and said "I will never learn to understand the lingo here...I can't understand one word the people in front of me are saying." She listened for a few seconds and said "I can't understand them either. They are speaking German." We were almost rolling on the floor with laughter.
re: No English - typo
[ In Reply To ..]
That is hilarous! I was raised in SW Texas also, but never felt I had an accent. Once we visited the Florida panhandle and were talking to some "locals", asking where the good local eats were. They thought I "talked funny". :)
Hey Texas typer from West Texas - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Everybody ought to drawl like the good 'ol doctors here!! Used to work by the dictation minute. Could make some bucks doing that down here.
Texas drawl - BH
[ In Reply To ..]
I type for Texas doctors, and in addition to the drawl, they talk REALLY FAST.

I have numerous american docs who know not - the difference between

[ In Reply To ..]
regiment and regimen//regime and regimen

It's not an ESL thing.

words! - Ang

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually typed a report quite a while back wherein the doc said the patient was impudent - meaning impotent. It was very clear - that is what he meant to say for that condition. Amazing.

re: difference between - ctrl alt delete

[ In Reply To ..]
Exactly! Great point. (my brother and sister say onion like "ung-yun". and my mom says sandwich like "sangwich"and she says Cheeps, for chips.

ps. They are bilingual, English/Spanish. I believe some words just give people trouble when being translated from one language to another.

pet peeve! - words

[ In Reply To ..]
I hate it when they try to sound erudite and say "in lieu of" when they mean "in light of" or "in view of." And I was told to type what they say! Even though it makes not sense. Goes against everything I stand for. No thinking required any more...

Same thing happened to me yesterday - I hear ya!

[ In Reply To ..]
Took me 1-1/2 hours to load first job. I folded laundry in the meantime. It finally cleared up. Good luck!

Similar Messages:

If I Start Some Coding Training, Do I Need To Start Learning ICD-9 Or ICD-10?
Jan 09, 2010

nm ...

My Start Menu Is Sideways And My Desk Top Is Sieways As Well And The Start Menu Is In The Upper Righ
Aug 12, 2013

My start menu is in the upper right hand corner and the desk top is on the side.  How can I fix it? ...

Is It Me? DEP DOWN. I Can't Get A Job To Load
Feb 23, 2010

at all.  Every time I log in it takes forever and nothing happens.  So frustrating!  This is my shift!  I keep checking the stop light and it says GREEN everything is working! Not my night. ...

This Is A Load Of You Know What...
Jan 29, 2013

They are just not delegating the work adequately.  This is my biggest pet peeve of all time. There will be several thousand jobs in my region and my accounts run out...and then I sit...and wait...and nothing.  They say change your hours, well guess what? I already work mostly 2nd shift. "Make up time on Saturday." There is no work, apparently, on Saturday anymore either! In looking at the numbers, certain hospitals seem to never run out, while others are just bone dry.  Overstaffe ...

Work Load
Jan 20, 2010

Is there any way to know how much work is available??  Just wondering because randomly yesterday my account ran out of work which is actually quite unusual for me.  So I was just wondering if there was any way to see how much work was available in a certain account??  Thanks for any help! ...

Anyone Know Where To Load McAfee
Feb 14, 2010

Have a laptop I want to load McAfee on.  We used to have a download available on Qnet, but Qnet is no longer there on the old Medquist web site.  Anyone know where it might be now? ...

Cannot Get DocQScribe To Load
Nov 09, 2010

I tried to get DocQScribe to load from the DocQManage page for over an hour and finally had to send in a ticket.  Is anyone else having this kind of trouble with the system.  It showed a green light on DEP.  This is getting rediculous.  I could not work my scheduled shift on Sunday because there were no jobs available (but incentive stayed in place).  Now I cannot work my scheduled shift because of something else.  I don't know about anyone else, but with a fam ...

How Is The Work Load At TTS?
Dec 03, 2010

Just wondering if you run out of work a lot?  Looking to work the early afternoon/early evening shift and I want to work and not just sit there! ...

My GOD, Get A Load Of This Crock!
Jul 04, 2013

The suits are getting creative in countering our truth-telling, that's for sure!  ...

A Load Off Literally
Jul 17, 2013

Finally quit. Except for leaving MM I have never felt such a load taken off my shoulders. I am going to a hospital system where historically they do not treat people like robots, or slaves. I was going to try to hang on here, by hermiting (do my job and not look at e mails, etc) but decided to try to get out and with a lot of job hunting it worked. I still cannot believe how much pressure has lifted. Oddly I no longer feel depressed. I guess now I know what was causing my sadness... I am not say ...

Cant Even Get Remedy To Load
Nov 11, 2013

Critical Work Load
Jan 28, 2010

We have been getting notes saying we have "critical backlog", when we usually get NJA.  I'm wondering if we can start sending notes saying "critical pay check deficiency" when we get NJA.  Since we are kept informed, maybe we should keep them informed also. ...

Another Acusis Meeting. Another Load Of B.S.
Mar 31, 2010

Always the same old song and dance.  The subject of MTs needing more pay per line comes up, and what does the speaker do?  Redirect the focus on all the added "upgrades" to their software they plan to buy (probably for hundreds of thousands of dollars) to "help us be more productive".   Got news for them.  You can only go SO fast.  There IS a limit.  And after all the emphasis on accountability and accuracy, do they not see that speed just increases errors ...

Hey 3rd Shifters Out There, How Is Your Work Load? Sm
Jul 22, 2010

Am I the only one who runs out of work?  I find it very hard at night to keep going with the dreaded no work available.  At least during the day, you can clean house, email, pick up the telephone, etc.  During the night, you are limited to surfing and staring!  Then I am too sleep deprived to pull extra hours to make up for missed line counts.  I am doing third shift for the extra incentitive but it doesn't work in my favor if I run out of work! Any ideas?  Cur ...

E Mail (intranet) Does Not Load... Anyone Else?
Jun 19, 2012

I had Sunday and Monday off, as usual.  Late  yesterday I tried logging into e mail to see if I missed anything, could not. This morning, in anticipation of my shift at 2:00 I tried to log in to e mail, intranet would not load.  Is it just me? What do we do if e mail is down? I hope the clock is working, anybody who can please catch me up to speed... Thanks.  ...

Are We Going Down, Can't Load ADT Or Physician Info
Nov 10, 2013

x ...

How Long Does It Take To Load Software?
Jan 22, 2014

seems a bit excessive 1+ hours to load updated cornerstone? ...

FIND AND LOAD SPARK
Oct 27, 2014

Hi all...I had to reformat and have found Enrich and the Webclock, but not the Nuance e-mail and SPARK programs. Not very good with computer stuff. Anyone have the actual addresses of these? Thanks ahead. I should have written them down before reformatting. ...

Do Some Of Your Reports Seem To Load Slowly Every Now And Then. It
Mar 20, 2015

seems to have been doing this lately.  They do load but sometimes they seem to hang up. ...

Work Load For IMedX?
Apr 23, 2015

Anyone know what happened to the work load for IMedX? Should I be looking for another position? ...

Anybody Getting 1s Jobs And Then It Says Audio Failed To Load
Feb 16, 2012

Happened in the past, pops up says audion unable to load you cant transcribe this job and then bypass to another job?  Second time in a row now. ...

Jobs Taking Forever To Load?
Feb 11, 2013

x ...

Hepatitis C Viral Load 6 X 10 To The 6th Copies?
Jun 04, 2013

Is that correct?  He says Hepatitis C.  Most recent viral load was 6 x 10 to the 6th copies. ...

Question About North Region Work Load
Aug 23, 2010

I quit MQ a few months ago. I loved my account and miss it. I am wondering if a certain North region is low on work too, specifically the one whose CCM lives in the same region as most of the accounts. The large teaching hospital always was backlogged, with lots and lots of work.  But I won't bother to reapply if the work is low. ...

Thinking Of Applying At TT - Has Work Load Picked Up?
Jun 20, 2011

nm ...

Express Scribe Could Not Load Any Wav Files On The Laptop
Mar 06, 2012

I just got a new laptop and I installed express scribe, which I use on my desktop, and could not load any wav files on the laptop.  I did windows updates and that seemed to fix the problem, the files that day I was able to play.  A file that came in today I am unable to play though, but still can play the other files from Friday.  They are all wav files and on my desktop I can play them all, just not my laptop.  Does anybody know what could possibly be going on here?  Thanks for all the hel ...

Takes Act Of Congress To Load The MModal Mail
Feb 26, 2013

I cant get signed on yet again..normally takes a while for it to load normally..Then I go to the windows mail (which wont let me send a message) and that gives some kind of message about mail not loading..you would think a HUGE company had a better email system..really not a very hard thing to set up... ...

Job That Took An Hour To Correct Will Not Load. Now I Have Spent At Least 10 Min Trying To Loaf It.
Jun 18, 2015

Nm ...

I'd Like To Find A Company That Doesn't Require Me To Load Their Software.
Mar 18, 2010

I basically would like to grab my work from an FTP site, transcribe it in word, and upload it back.  Are there any companies that still do that? ...

Express Scribe - Wont Load Files. 0:00 Duration -sm
Feb 11, 2011

Hello, I am finally getting my Dr. to move into the 20th century.  Have a new Phillips 9600 digital recorder, new foot pedal and headset and downloaded Express Scribe. ExpressScribe will not play any files I try and transfer.  I get an error telling me I need to go to their website and get a component file for dss.322.exs  yes it says dss.322 not dss.32  LOL THere is NO such file there.  Anybody have any suggestions??  I really dont want to have to pay like 30 b ...