A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Inscribe Audio Test for Applying--Is This for REAL?? - Mariiam

Posted: Jun 23, 2013

Is that audio file transciption FOR REAL? Is that truly what you transcribe, or is there something that we can actually understand, as if English is spoken--for example, the last audio file.

Sorry I could not put the file here. But to get to it, you just go to inscribe's website, apply, and download the application to your desktop. You have to have a zip extractor, so I used winzip and it opened fine. Anyways, I listened on express scribe, and I was shocked that the words--the dication is incomprehensible. I would think that the MD's wanted us to get the correct verbiage, for pay!!

Someone please listen to the audio and let me know if that is how the dictating doctors really speak???  Cry

I am totally in disbelief that the dications are allowed to be so very incomprehensible!

For all experienced MT stars, please let me know if that is the type of audio you truly transcribe, or is this some sample that is not really indicative of a day on the job, please? I appreciate your feedback,

Mariam

Yes, that is very - realistic

[ In Reply To ..]
dictation. In fact, it's actually better and easier to understand than a lot of the stuff I usually get. The audio is very good as well.

The problem might be that your program did not prepare you properly for the real world of transcription.

Not sure what you - mean by

[ In Reply To ..]
incomprehensible.

They seemed quite normal to me and not at all difficult to understand.

Even when dictations are bad (and these are nowhere near bad), who is going to tell the doctors and other practitioners they're not "allowed" to dictate like that? Any transcriptionist or MTSO who tried to tell the doctors that they were not dictating right would not have that client for very long.

And therein lies the problem. We MTs are just lowly - justpassingthrough

[ In Reply To ..]
peons who are helping the MDs make megabucks by cleaning up their dictations and making them "look" intelligent. If MTSOs would hold their feet (the dictators) to the fire and refuse to accept crappy dictations, maybe dictators would soon realize they put their pants on just like everybody else does. I wonder how they would feel if one of us came into their office and talked like they do, or ate our lunch while they examined us, et cetera. Okay, I'm through ranting now.

Amen - ICNewbie

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been reading these boards for a good 6 months now and this is the first thread that I have felt the need to respond to.

I work for a company with a huge account where I get to see a wide range of specialties which I absolutely love. Being a relatively new MT, this of course is great toward building experience. However, there are MDs(as stated above) who literally do not give a crap about what they are doing or where they are when they are dictating. It is especially ridiculous when a physician is dictating in a room full of other co-workers who are on break and you hear about 14 different conversations going on as you are trying to transcribe while the doctor continues chewing on his marble sandwich.

Sorry, I could not help that little rant.

While I do not have 1/2 of the experience most of the MTs have on this board, I will say this. I took the Inscribe test months ago and it was utterly ridiculous as previously stated. I graduated with a 3.95 from an ADHI accredited SUM program. Throughout my schooling I had my share of horrifying dictations and I gained experience from them and it definitely helped in developing my ear.

However, physicians should not be allowed to continually dictate horrible inaudible reports repeatedly without having something said to them. Just because they pay MTSOs or whoever for their account does not give them the right to treat dictations as if they are a "nuisance" to their day and just "jam" them in as they are multitasking, etc.

Last time I checked, we have one common goal with these physicians...QUALITY PATIENT CARE. Granted, we are all prone to mistakes as we are human but there quite a difference between honest mistakes and sheer negligence.

This is in no way to be considered an attack on physicians as a whole because the majority of them do care about the quality of their dictations.

Did I say little rant, sorry! Just had to get a few things off my mind. :)

boy, did you choose the wrong ilne of work. You won't last. - like that in this. peonYourself.NM

[ In Reply To ..]
have another breakdown, huh?

Not always true - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have three contracts and each company will not accept poor dictation from their doctors, be it sound quality, slurring, hurrying, eating - anything that makes it incomprehensible like that. They will refuse to have us type it and send it back for re-dictation, and some of these voice files are over 100 minutes long. There is one doctor that because of her um dictation style was told by my client to the company that we will not type her anymore. My contract is the only company for them, too. So that doctor is no longer on the payroll.

By the way, in terms of the speed, - you might want to check out...

[ In Reply To ..]

this free player too, as another option besides Express Scribe.  I find that this one sounds better when sped up or slowed down, though maybe that's really related to my system/setup.  

http://www.fortherecord.com/products/therecordplayer/

Awww...I feel for you. I felt this way too, BUT... - Just Me

[ In Reply To ..]
as you continue, it gets easier and easier. Maybe you could try clinic/specialty dictation. A lot of times these doctors are not so hurried and a lower percentage of ESL. I hope you aren't too discouraged. I remember feeling just like you are right now. Hang in there. :)

just want to weigh in - sandy

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought that the inscribe test was horrible compared to what I actually type for work. I have my fair share of ESL, speed talking and combination of both and very very rarely do I experience something as horrible as the inscribe test. I have never left more blanks on any report in my life. The people above must work on some pretty horrible accounts, because the stuff I get can be challenging, but nothing like that test.

Similar Messages:

Express Scribe - Change The File Format To Read .ra Or .rma (Real Audio) Files
Jun 17, 2010

Hi! I currently use Express Scribe for my dications with a USB universal pedal and need to change the file format to read .ra or .rma (Real Audio) files. I cannot figure out how to do this nor am getting anwhere on either Express Scirbe or Real Audio tech sites? I am trying to submit a test for a position. If you can help, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT Thanks!! Kymee ...

Are Names Mentioned On MT Test To Get A Job For Real?
Dec 07, 2010

I took a test the other day to apply for an MT job and the doctor loud and clear gave the patient's name. The dictation was a consult. When the doctor mentioned the name of the hospital, I heard a beep, but when then the patient's name was stated I heard it. I hope those are fake dictations that we test on. If that was real information, I do not want to go there for help.   ...

Access Audio Files Of InScribe (EMDAT)
Apr 29, 2013

Greetings- I am on EMDAT platform using InScribe client software.  According to EMDAT's website: "When a dictation is downloaded to a transcriptionist workstation, it is decrypted automatically and converted to an .MP3 file." https://www.emdat.com/software/faq.asp. EMDAT does state that they do not support using those files with other applications, but this only means that EMDAT Inc. won't provide you with technical support if you have problems with this procedure. However ther ...

Inscribe Test
Oct 29, 2010

Wow, the test for Inscribe was rough. Has anyone else taken this test? I am a student and am almost done with my MT certificate at my local community college. Are all tests for employment this difficult? Will I ever get a job? ...

I Took A Test With Inscribe
Nov 25, 2010

I took a test with Inscribe (from Kentucky) and it was for a radiology position. I passed that test and now they want me to take a medical test for medical transcription. I do not get this company. I thought I was testing for just radiology. The test for just medical transcription looks horrendous. Can anyone give me any feedback? ...

Do Not Test For Inscribe
Feb 03, 2014

Do not test for Inscribe.  they are using people to get their work done.  They say they are hiring entry positions yet with 20 plus years experience they said I didn't do well.  Liar, liar!! ...

Anybody Take The Test For Inscribe
Jan 12, 2015

Anybody take the test for Inscribe. I am having so much trouble understanding the dictator; hate to send through reports with blanks. ...

The Inscribe Test Is Brutal
Aug 19, 2010

I am NOT asking for any help or answers. The test is too long, and I hate the mumbler. LOL. ...

Just Finished The Inscribe Test...
Jul 06, 2011

Wow! I just completed the Inscribe test.  It took me a solid 6 hours today, plus an extra hour or two the other night.  I feel like I started out doing very well, but towards the end I was leaving a lot of blanks. I just hope I did well enough, and they will give me a chance.  Anyone else test recently?  Thoughts? ...

Inscribe - Took Their Test Last Fall And Passed It
May 30, 2012

I took their test last fall and passed it and was called immediately.  I was told I would be up and running in 2 weeks or less.  First it was calls from different Indian tech people asking for the same paperwork over and over and after the install date came and went twice, I gave up.  They emailed me 8 weeks ago and asked me again to come on board, told them what happened last time and they swore they had all that straightened up now.  It took them a month just to get back to me about a star ...

Inscribe - Experience/knowledge Of Inscribe.us?
Feb 19, 2011

Anyone have any experience/knowledge of Inscribe.us?  I am about to get offered a job with them for either straight transcrition or VR editing?  Their line rate seems to be very good for both. ...

Is This For Real?
Apr 15, 2010

I have been on QA for at least 2 months.  The first month my TL went on vacation and when she did, I was still on full QA and all reports monitored.  I have not received any QA good or bad during this time, but when I inquired about it yesterday, I was told of at least 9 things that I keep doing wrong, and I am not good enough to let out into the work pool.  I asked for reports that I messed up and they only came up with one report that was not messed up,but a report in which I left blanks, w ...

MOT Is Getting Real Old
Jun 02, 2015

This has been going on for too long, without explanation and without any end in sight.   If one if fired for refusing to work beyond the hours they were hired to do, can they still collect unemployment?   ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Real Company???
Jul 29, 2010

If you were to get hired as an IC by somebody who runs their own MT business out of their home, what things should you look out for to make sure you are not falling for a scam- and just doing someone else's work for free?  Do they need to know things like your SS #?  Thanks for the help! ...

Real Time
Sep 07, 2010

What gives with that ridiculous jargon in the training video?  "Real-time doctor's list."  Gimme a break.  "Streamlining our job."  Hooha.  "Increasing our productivity."  Come on now.  We're not idiots, Q. If that doctor's list was real time, it would be instantaneous.  I know that they meant that we would get to see a doctor's name as soon as it was updated on their end, but to call it real time is a misnomer.  How are extra ke ...

The Real Question...
Jan 10, 2011

...Is there anyone who makes good money doing editing, compared to straight transcription I mean? ...

Is DQS Being Real SLOW For Anyone Else?
Apr 05, 2011

I've had trouble logging in and uploading this morning.  Anyone else? ...

Will The Real Sm Please Stand Up?
Sep 09, 2011

I'm getting confused.  I read a post by "sm," and she (?)  comes across as even-tempered in style and conservative in viewpoint.   I read another post by "sm," and she (?) comes across as angry and argumentative with a liberal viewpoint.   Either "sm" has a split personality or there are 2 people using the same name.  Can we clear this up so we know who we're actually speaking to? ...

For Real? ASR Really So Stupid?
Dec 21, 2011

pain foraminal valley?  Really?  After 5+ years?  deep PAIN thrombosis?  Paradoxical ambulance (embolus) Drives me absolutely nuts.  Wasn't all of this stuff supposed to be LEARNED sometime in the last decade? DocQScribe 8 of whatever is their only concern????? ...

Real Work?
Feb 04, 2013

Does anyone know of any smaller, family-owned transcription agencies?  I honestly don't think any of these companies who advertise are a placed you would want to call home.  I have been in transcription for many years, have tested for many of these companies and never get a call back.  So not sure what they are looking for, etc.  I guess the smaller companies have been gobbled up by the bigger companies.  ...

LET'S BE HONEST, REAL?
Feb 16, 2014

Every morning starts with a FIESA Email of some ridiculous mistake like: MEDICATIONS: (Oh my God, you left off "Include") 1. Blah 2. Blah 3. Half the medications are wrong, numbers are wrong, etc. Then if you contest it, they say you were endangering the patient. (Really, leaving off the word "includes" is endangering the patient?) ANYWAY, IF THEY WERE TRULY CONCERNED ABOUT THE SAFETY OF THE PATIENT'S LIVES THEY WOULD NOT LEAVE IT IN THE HANDS OF A HORRID, INCAPABLE, PIECE OF ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

No Jobs. Is This For Real. Screamn For Over
Jan 18, 2011

anyone else NJA this a.m.?  ...

Is Security The Real Concern?
Feb 17, 2011

How of HIPAA compliance yields profitable partnerships? I guess a lot of emphases given to HIPAA compliance is truly justified, especially in the case of outsourcing. The thrust on confidentiality and security of patient records grows manifold when it's done across 7 seas. ...

Are Any Of You Afraid To Go Out Into The Real World Again?
Feb 04, 2012

After my company recently dropped my account by 1-1/2 cents, I have been considering either a job switch or maybe even an inhouse hospital position but the thought of it puts me in a panic.  Has anyone else experienced that?  I have been doing this job at home for 20 years and one of the reasons I love it is I don't have to deal with the politics of a work place or people in general.  I was a vet tech before an MT so obviously I love animals and prefer being with m ...

Feeling Real Unappreciated Right Now!! Not Only Am I
May 22, 2012

treated rudely at my job (this close to quitting), but I do not even get a Happy MT week, thank you or anything!!  Yes, this company is the WORST!!!! ...

Started A New Job In A Real Office And I Am
Jun 09, 2012

reports that are forwarded.  Most of them are apparently computer generated and very hard to read.  I always wondered what reports looked like at the customer end --- not very good from what I can tell.  I have looked to try and see if the reports are transcribed or some sort of Epic or Dragon speak program.  I would hate to be the doctors trying to wade through this jumbled-up information and make any sense out of a patient's history.  We have two local hospitals a ...

What's The Real Story With Nuance
Oct 15, 2012

I see a lot of ads for Nuance lately and it seems like there are MTs saying there is no work for them.  What is the real scoop?  Just want to know if it would be worthwhile to apply to them or if I would be sitting around with no work.  Not a big fan of big MTSO... but needing some work and willing to compromise if I must.  Thanks in advance!  ...

FOR REAL, COMPANY CLOSING IN U.S.
Mar 21, 2013

True. ...