A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Are names mentioned on MT test to get a job for real? - mel

Posted: Dec 07, 2010

I took a test the other day to apply for an MT job and the doctor loud and clear gave the patient's name. The dictation was a consult. When the doctor mentioned the name of the hospital, I heard a beep, but when then the patient's name was stated I heard it.

I hope those are fake dictations that we test on. If that was real information, I do not want to go there for help.

Oooh... huge no-no! - no1joe

[ In Reply To ..]
and I'd report it. Best case, it is a fake dictation, but if it's not, I wouldn't want it being my name on there. Who would? And I wouldn't be a bit surprised if some "companies" are actually using real dictation as tests, getting them completed for free by applicants, so all they have to do is proof them and send them out.

Similar Messages:

New 6.1 Physician Look-up Is A Real Pain In Arse. Why No First Names?
Sep 06, 2010

and go through list to find correct first name.  What a waste of time.  Much quicker the old way.  ...

Inscribe Audio Test For Applying--Is This For REAL??
Jun 23, 2013

Is that audio file transciption FOR REAL? Is that truly what you transcribe, or is there something that we can actually understand, as if English is spoken--for example, the last audio file.   Sorry I could not put the file here. But to get to it, you just go to inscribe's website, apply, and download the application to your desktop. You have to have a zip extractor, so I used winzip and it opened fine. Anyways, I listened on express scribe, and I was shocked that the words--the dica ...

I Don't Know If This Has Been Mentioned Before But
Dec 20, 2013

Every December, MT Stars would have snowflakes falling down the screen and they kind of cheered me up.  Is there a reason we don't have them again this year? ...

New Computers Mentioned Below
Oct 21, 2011

Are these laptops? ...

Are Those Of Us To Who It Was Mentioned To Go Live With DQS 7
Jun 06, 2012

today still supposed to start using it?  I haven't received any official email from the CCM stating to start using it today. ...

HTTPS And FTP Are Mentioned In A Job Ad. Can Some One Tell Me What They Are Please? Nm
Feb 26, 2014

Xx ...

Wow - What A Scam - No Company Mentioned
Mar 09, 2010

I recceived a letter the other day as an advertisement stating "Work from the comfort of your home!  Typist needed.  1,000's of immediate openings available.  No experience necessary.  Flexible hours, FT or PT, competitive pay.  Must be ablet to type 85 words or  more per minute.  Must be detailed oriented, accurate, and have good listening skills.  Typing test will be administered.  Most positions require that applicant reside in the US.  I ...

If You Are Researching An MTSO That Has Never Been Mentioned (sm)
Aug 21, 2010

on this board and BBB has no listing for them where can you go to do a research of them other than paying for a background search?  I tried the "Yellow Pages" but it doesn't yield much information.  Would appreciate any info.  ...

There Was An Account Mentioned Leaving WMX A While Ago, SM
May 22, 2011

Curious -- did that account leave yet?  Any word on how they are spreading work around the MTs?  I was wondering if this is one of my backups or not. ...

Ugh!!! Recent Company That Has Been Mentioned On Here
Oct 17, 2012

There have been recent posts on here regarding a company who wants you to have a certain version of software installed before you can work for this company.  I had several discussions with said MTSO, who stated that he would pay for it and take it out in increments from my paycheck.  Unlike other MTSOs, who may send via the internet and snail mail, they send paperwork via snail mail.  I called earlier in the week to see if it had been recieved  "no, and we will call you ...

Surprised No One Has Mentioned MT Week Yet. Nm
May 20, 2014

ff ...

Nuance Is Mentioned In This Article About
Dec 08, 2014

Very interesting...   http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/12/03/stephen-hawking-artificial-intelligence-could-end-human-race/ ...

Donald Trump Mentioned In His Speech
Apr 27, 2011

outsourcing of jobs to India!!!  Maybe he actually gets it.... How can our economy improve when our jobs are going overseas??????? ...

No One Has Mentioned The FIESA Elephant In The Room.
Dec 03, 2014

They have put out the word that they are hiring more auditors. That is probably to ensure more mistakes are caught, thereby lowering our pay even more and turning us against one another. I don't understand FIESA's role in this. Anyone?? ...

Precyse Lawsuits? Someone Mentioned "wait
Nov 28, 2012

until the lawsuits hit."  What lawsuits?  I'd love to get in on one of them..... ...

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes! Last Night I Mentioned The Coding Education Offer To My Husband, Sm
Mar 11, 2014

and my teenage son, who has witnessed many meltdowns that I have had working for MM, was in earshot and simply said, Mom, wouldn't that be like marrying an abusive boyfriend?  His analogy was right on if you ask me! I have been sending out resumes, actively looking for another job and when I saw this I thought that it sounds great and is a very generous offer but in the end you will still be working for Mmodal who expects everything and gives nothing in return.  I am her ...

Is This For Real?
Apr 15, 2010

I have been on QA for at least 2 months.  The first month my TL went on vacation and when she did, I was still on full QA and all reports monitored.  I have not received any QA good or bad during this time, but when I inquired about it yesterday, I was told of at least 9 things that I keep doing wrong, and I am not good enough to let out into the work pool.  I asked for reports that I messed up and they only came up with one report that was not messed up,but a report in which I left blanks, w ...

MOT Is Getting Real Old
Jun 02, 2015

This has been going on for too long, without explanation and without any end in sight.   If one if fired for refusing to work beyond the hours they were hired to do, can they still collect unemployment?   ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Real Company???
Jul 29, 2010

If you were to get hired as an IC by somebody who runs their own MT business out of their home, what things should you look out for to make sure you are not falling for a scam- and just doing someone else's work for free?  Do they need to know things like your SS #?  Thanks for the help! ...

Real Time
Sep 07, 2010

What gives with that ridiculous jargon in the training video?  "Real-time doctor's list."  Gimme a break.  "Streamlining our job."  Hooha.  "Increasing our productivity."  Come on now.  We're not idiots, Q. If that doctor's list was real time, it would be instantaneous.  I know that they meant that we would get to see a doctor's name as soon as it was updated on their end, but to call it real time is a misnomer.  How are extra ke ...

The Real Question...
Jan 10, 2011

...Is there anyone who makes good money doing editing, compared to straight transcription I mean? ...

Is DQS Being Real SLOW For Anyone Else?
Apr 05, 2011

I've had trouble logging in and uploading this morning.  Anyone else? ...

Will The Real Sm Please Stand Up?
Sep 09, 2011

I'm getting confused.  I read a post by "sm," and she (?)  comes across as even-tempered in style and conservative in viewpoint.   I read another post by "sm," and she (?) comes across as angry and argumentative with a liberal viewpoint.   Either "sm" has a split personality or there are 2 people using the same name.  Can we clear this up so we know who we're actually speaking to? ...

For Real? ASR Really So Stupid?
Dec 21, 2011

pain foraminal valley?  Really?  After 5+ years?  deep PAIN thrombosis?  Paradoxical ambulance (embolus) Drives me absolutely nuts.  Wasn't all of this stuff supposed to be LEARNED sometime in the last decade? DocQScribe 8 of whatever is their only concern????? ...

Real Work?
Feb 04, 2013

Does anyone know of any smaller, family-owned transcription agencies?  I honestly don't think any of these companies who advertise are a placed you would want to call home.  I have been in transcription for many years, have tested for many of these companies and never get a call back.  So not sure what they are looking for, etc.  I guess the smaller companies have been gobbled up by the bigger companies.  ...

LET'S BE HONEST, REAL?
Feb 16, 2014

Every morning starts with a FIESA Email of some ridiculous mistake like: MEDICATIONS: (Oh my God, you left off "Include") 1. Blah 2. Blah 3. Half the medications are wrong, numbers are wrong, etc. Then if you contest it, they say you were endangering the patient. (Really, leaving off the word "includes" is endangering the patient?) ANYWAY, IF THEY WERE TRULY CONCERNED ABOUT THE SAFETY OF THE PATIENT'S LIVES THEY WOULD NOT LEAVE IT IN THE HANDS OF A HORRID, INCAPABLE, PIECE OF ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Doc Names, Etc
Aug 11, 2011

Can someone explain to me why, if I get paid by the line, I spend so much time looking up doctor names, facility names, the local burger joint, etc, but I don't get paid for that? ??  I am going to throw in the towel with transcription and look for a job that pays by the hour.  This line stuff is a joke.  Can't get up speed or stay with a rhythm for stopping to try to find names of people, places and things. ...

Names On W2's
Jan 25, 2015

Anyone notice their W2 now actually says Nuance Transcription Services and no longer Transcend DBA Nuance... Last year there were lots of comments about our W2's (all of us, not just those who came in from Transcend) saying Transcend.  I even wrote HR to see what was up with that. They never told us about the change to Transcend and certainly didn't mention the change back to Nuance. Oh well.  Just an observation. ...