A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Feeling real unappreciated right now!! Not only am I - sm

Posted: May 22, 2012

treated rudely at my job (this close to quitting), but I do not even get a Happy MT week, thank you or anything!!  Yes, this company is the WORST!!!!

mt week - A Nuance employee

[ In Reply To ..]
HAPPY MT WEEK. i just posted the same kind of message on the nuance board.

Just have to keep it betwixt ourselves I guess.

again, HAPPY MT WEEK!

Aww thank you:) I appreciate that!! I guess so. lol - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
n

Same here! - experiencedmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Everywhere I've worked is the same........... this is just another week to them. However, when Nurse's week or Radiology Tech Week is here, it's a national holiday!

To OP and all MTs. sm - From another MT

[ In Reply To ..]

Thank you for being a dedicated professional.  You are to be commended.

Thank you!! Back atcha:) - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
n

Unappreciated - Moxie

[ In Reply To ..]
So quit already. I am sure there will be tons of others to take your job. I have never liked MT Week. It is one of those treacly things dreamt up by the AAMT back in the day. I get a "thank you" every other week. That is enough for me. No, I am not, nor have I ever been an MTSO. I am just a garden-variey MT, happy to have job. That is thank you enough.

What my "thank you" is - Moxie

[ In Reply To ..]
is a PAYCHECK, which I am grateful to have. Sorry to leave it out of the other message--it is late on the East Coast! :)

WRONG-NAMT was not "dreamt up" by AHDI; Pres. Ronald Reagan's 1985 proclamation... - Out of MT for now

[ In Reply To ..]
...made it a nationally recognized week for MTs. Get a higher opinion of yourself/your profession.

Link to Regan's MT Week proclamation:

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=38668#axzz1vhXvjxVQ

Well, bully for Reagan - Moxie

[ In Reply To ..]
I DO have a higher opinion of myself. That is why I don't drink the AAMT/AHDI Kool-Aid.
give it a rest Moxie - Helena
[ In Reply To ..]
Nobody wants to read your nasty posts anymore!
Helena - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
I am sorry, but you do not speak for all of us. If you do not like anyone's posts all you have to do is skip them.
Helena, please think about this - xx
[ In Reply To ..]
Everyone has a right to his or her own point of view. If you don't like a particular poster, just ignore them. To tell others to "give it a rest," etc. is not only rude, it is short-sighted.
What?? Telling someone to give it a rest is rude and yet - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
what Moxie said is not? Pfft!!!

Reagan - Reality check

[ In Reply To ..]
Hate to break this to you, but Ronald Reagan probably didn't have clue one what a medical transcriptionist was, just think about it. MT week came into being because AAMT lobbied the legislature to set aside a week for us and Reagan read the proclamation.

try being an IC sometime - aint what its cracked up to be

[ In Reply To ..]
Every employee thinks they should be appreciated. This week, I would just like to get paid without waiting ANOTHER week for the guy to remember to send it out...

"try being an IC sometime" - WorkerB

[ In Reply To ..]
For years and years. Either way. You didnt have be so nasty.

In the 70s the hospital chef (job also gone) loved baking cakes for ALL professions of the hospital - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
We had directors who had once-a-month meetings to ALL healthcare workers to remind them the importance of each and every employee and how we ALL worked as a team and one hand washed the other, right down to the ER, to the surgeon, to distribution, to the volunteers. No employee was made to feel any less important. We are all people helping those who need help. Telling someone to leave their job because they just want to be treated with respect shows insensitivity...in my opinion. Glad you don't need anything but money...healthcare needs people who care...that is what is wrong with it today.

Similar Messages:

Any One Else Feel Unappreciated?
Jan 13, 2013

Dear CCM..... You were out for a week on vacation (I understand, we ALL need this), but you did not send an e-mail to let your 'team' know.  You were out for a week on vacation without changing your phone message to reflect this. You do not believe in instant messaging.  You want us to stop work, call and ask a question - ok - but then you send a weekly report to show us how many seconds our fingers are not moving on the keyboard. And NOW you wonder why people are not jum ...

We're NOT The Only Ones Feeling
Aug 26, 2010

Read the comments by CBay's CEO and from the smaller Indian firms. Sad to feel some glee when reading this. ...

Got A Feeling.
Jun 01, 2011

My boss keeps telling us corporate says we are not producing enough for the number of employees we have, but we have been producing. Every other week, she will call and say increase production. I have been with the company for 11 years. I have a feeling we are going to be bought out. I am thinking about looking for a new job? I need a backup plan. Sad to see that MT is all about the big wigs making money off the little guy. ...

Feeling Bad . . .
Apr 25, 2013

Took a test for a city job and just got notice that I did not pass.  I was on of over 300 people who took the  test.  Happy for those that passed but wish I would have been one of them.  I believe I bombed in the math calculations.  Boy is it ever a kick in the pants with regard to self-esteem to know that I cannot even pass a simple test.  What can an old timer like me do when all I ever have done is transcription?  Feelling about as low as possible right now. ...

Do You Ever Get A Bad Feeling?
Aug 04, 2014

Now that the bankruptcy business is taken care of, I have a bad feeling. I don't know why now exactly, I just do, that something bad cometh our way...pay cuts, more firings, the usual chaos. Maybe because things have been a little quiet lately. This place has made me paranoid perhaps.  ...

I Get The Feeling This Is All
Mar 24, 2015

some experiment upon which to base some crazy decision "to take us in a new direction" yet again... UGH.  It's too ridiculous to make any sense, so it's giving me a really bad feeling. ...

Is This For Real?
Apr 15, 2010

I have been on QA for at least 2 months.  The first month my TL went on vacation and when she did, I was still on full QA and all reports monitored.  I have not received any QA good or bad during this time, but when I inquired about it yesterday, I was told of at least 9 things that I keep doing wrong, and I am not good enough to let out into the work pool.  I asked for reports that I messed up and they only came up with one report that was not messed up,but a report in which I left blanks, w ...

MOT Is Getting Real Old
Jun 02, 2015

This has been going on for too long, without explanation and without any end in sight.   If one if fired for refusing to work beyond the hours they were hired to do, can they still collect unemployment?   ...

Not Feeling Well At All X2 DaYS
Nov 14, 2009

Hi, All.  Yesterday morning, about 10 a.m. so, and while working, I started to get what felt like gas pains in the abdomen but onlly from the umbilicus down (it did go all the way across and ended up causing a mild backage - no pain any further.  They were constant and unrelenting,  No relief.  I took to gas pills, wated a littlle while, took 2 more, pain getting worse.  I had 3 ways of describning the pain:  1.  The (minimal) paring knife pain&n ...

Feeling Very Encouraged
Jan 02, 2010

I just wanted to thank those who shared that have been with this company for more than 10 years.  I have really been feeling unloved by MQ lately.  There have been a lot of changes since I've been here, and I've only been here since early 2006.  Been worried also lately about being let go or being laid off.  I don't know, you just gave me some hope somehow and I wanted to thank you all for that.  I guess my job isn't that bad after all.  And we d ...

Feeling Out Of Loop.
Jan 07, 2010

I am just thankful for this site.  If it weren't for it I wouldn't have a clue what is going on ever!  I haven't heard or received any type of email from my CCM? (if that is what they are still called) in over a month.  Then today I find out I've been moved.  I get on here and hear about all these things going on and I never had a clue. Any time something doesn't seem right like Kaspersky or not being able to log into system, this is the first pl ...

Feeling Weird
May 22, 2010

Has any body every noticed how you find companies that seem interested in you and want to hire you, but if you ask them to look up stuff it takes them forever?I had this one company who was interested in me but when I told them I use a mac computer, which I realize now was my mistake, I get the attitude "See you later"? ...

New MT...feeling Very Discouraged
Sep 29, 2010

Hi, I have recently graduated from an MT program and have been spending a lot of time on this forum. It has made me think that I may have made a huge mistake. I understand that times are hard, but does anyone have any good advice? I just have been getting discouraged so much lately. I have two young children and want to be able to stay home and help my husband to take care of our family. He already works two jobs as it is (in the health care field) and we just want to get ahead. Did I make a mis ...

Feeling Stupid
Apr 05, 2011

Looking at an ad that says "Required skills are transcribing 1000 HIM lines (65 character lines) or 2000 MI lines per day."  Is there anyone who can translate HIM and MI for me?  Pretty sure HIM is standard transcription and thinking MI is somehow related to VR, but I guess I'm just too old school to understand new acronyms! ...

Feeling Targeted
Feb 29, 2012

One day the company loves, you the next, they're exacting punishment to make you feel like you can't do your job. I am sure some of you have felt this way and have even been the victims of attempts to bring in other MTs to replace you. That's exactly how I felt today when I got an email today. I thought the manager was a bit harsh, rather than just giving a warning like the email said for the first time the error is made. How do you deal with this? I wish a lot of the times I coul ...

Feeling Used And Abused?
Mar 22, 2012

Does anybody else feel like they are used up and spit out by their employer?  Seems to me that many companies only worry about their administrative staff's quality of life and throw all of us MTs to the wolves when it comes to benefits and wages! ...

NetMed - Bad Feeling
Jun 21, 2012

Just quit this company. Initially had to fax my personal information numerous times because they lost it repeatedly, etc. Only allowed to type 10 reports per day on QA, unable to get off QA, QA editors never able to agree on policies and procedures. Also required to research dozens/hundreds of previous reports (no search engine available) to find information (QA stated they will not fill in blanks), which is frequently incorrect; not even making minimum wage at first. Even their docs are bit ...

Feeling Very Discouraged
Aug 14, 2012

Good morning, everyone. I know a few of you followed the last couple times I posted about how I had gotten a new job with a reputable company and they would not let me off full QA and how I was getting only three reports a day. I then posted the news was better on Friday because I was let off QA and given two more accounts. This morning I am feeling pretty low. I now have a total of four accounts and no work in any of them. I was hired as an IC and told I would have steady work and that I ...

Feeling Good, Feeling Very Good A Flo Would Say
Aug 20, 2013

I just now sent my resignation to Nuance effective immediately. I feel great!! I was very happy with them for over 5 years until everything went to heck. Not going to put up with it anymore!! Now I can enjoy retirement without that monkey on my back. ...

It's The Best Feeling In The World When
Apr 21, 2014

I'm on my last report for the day and I can shut my computer off and forget about this job for a little while ...

Ominous Feeling
Jun 27, 2014

Okay, so an email came out this week from TL saying that the company wants as much work done in our accounts as possible before July 1 and expect to work overtime all weekend.  I have been at Nuance for almost 4 years now and this is NOT the norm...Additionally, this morning when account stats were sent out showing where the work was and how many MTs were working a new metric had been added to the chart in the MT category -- GP.  At the bottom this said GP = global partner.  They ...

IMEDX Feeling Behind
Aug 30, 2014

Friend of mine still works in-house at a hospital.  They have two employees out on long-term sick leave and are falling behind so the supervisor has gone with a company called iMEDX to do some transcription on the "weekends."  She asked if I had heard of this company since I worked for MTSOs for years, and when I checked them out, I find that at three of the top administrative people are from CBAY/MQ.  She needs to be worried, right?  My heart just broke for her when I read this.  Their ...

FEELING STUCK
Sep 19, 2014

I   f eel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.I've been at this job for over 20 years and my pay Has consistently declined, but for some reason I stick with it. I've had to move several times to find cheaper apartments because of the decline In pay.I lost my car and now I barely make minimum wage.I make too much for assistancebut nobody takes into account how much I pay in in health insurance.I would really like to change careers but how do I do that Whileworking f ...

Feeling Guilty A For Getting Out Of MT
Sep 30, 2014

Now that my last week is upon me, I feel guilty for getting out of the field I went to school for.  It's long been apparent that nothing is going to change for the better in this industry plus, due to low work, my check has become practically nonexistent in the recent weeks.  I'm sure it will pass, but has anyone else who got out had this feeling? ...

Feeling MModaled?
Dec 08, 2014

Same thing, different company.  You're going through Benchmark (MModal).  Good Luck. ...

Feeling Defeated
Jan 04, 2015

Is anyone still getting their own accounts?  Lots of experience, workaholic (no choice)  and not making  it.  Anything encouraging would be appreciated.  ...

Feeling Lost And Alone
Apr 29, 2015

Hi everyone:) Hope some of you can help me out.  I am new to the company, and boy am I confused.  I have repeatedly asked for some things to help me out, but I rarely hear from my TSM, and I feel I am being avoided.  I am totalliy worn out, the dictators are horrible!  I have so many blanks in some of the reports, I feel like I am doing a horrible job, and I have a lot of experience.  No feedback at all.  ...

Real Company???
Jul 29, 2010

If you were to get hired as an IC by somebody who runs their own MT business out of their home, what things should you look out for to make sure you are not falling for a scam- and just doing someone else's work for free?  Do they need to know things like your SS #?  Thanks for the help! ...

Real Time
Sep 07, 2010

What gives with that ridiculous jargon in the training video?  "Real-time doctor's list."  Gimme a break.  "Streamlining our job."  Hooha.  "Increasing our productivity."  Come on now.  We're not idiots, Q. If that doctor's list was real time, it would be instantaneous.  I know that they meant that we would get to see a doctor's name as soon as it was updated on their end, but to call it real time is a misnomer.  How are extra ke ...

The Real Question...
Jan 10, 2011

...Is there anyone who makes good money doing editing, compared to straight transcription I mean? ...