A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is Security the real concern? - Acroseas Global Solutions

Posted: Feb 17, 2011

How of HIPAA compliance yields profitable partnerships?

I guess a lot of emphases given to HIPAA compliance is truly justified, especially in the case of outsourcing. The thrust on confidentiality and security of patient records grows manifold when it's done across 7 seas.

We've been through this before... - no1joe

[ In Reply To ..]
and I, for one, still don't understand the question. Are you trying to suggest that this company is actually more stringent regarding patient confidentiality and HIPAA compliance than companies with US-based MTs?? Really?

Rephrasing your question would help.

Come on, Rajeed. You STILL havent removed the word - "of" from the 1st sentence??? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Concern
Sep 02, 2012

I am thinking of getting into the field of MT but not hearing good things about it as far as steady work and getting paid.  I am also courous about the average yearly income because I've heard a wide range of numbers.  Also what is the real deal about getting work right out of school with no experience. ...

Companies Have No Concern For MT
Mar 27, 2012

I have been trying to get a MT job since September.  I have thirty years of experience.  A company called me last week because they were looking for a seasoned radiology transcriptionist. They saw my resume on a board from 2010.  Anyway I interviewed and was ready to take the test tomorrow and I just got an email saying one of their MTs want to increase their hours so I won't be needed anymore.  They did not know this in advance.  ...

Contract Concern
Nov 13, 2012

Can someone please help me. I am new to the company, I have not been here 90 days yet. my TSM is "gone" so I have a new one now and have not yet spoken with her. I am very concerned because I realized that my "contracted" rate of 4 and 9 cpl at 150 lph does NOT meet my state minimum wage, I rarely get straight typing to get the 9 cpl. I also am not meeting the 150 lph yet, even so that is only like 6$ an hour, that is horrible. I should have done my math beforehand. I didn't think they coul ...

I Have A Concern Regarding The Snowflakes.
Dec 06, 2012

They seem to be on every board and they just keep coming down and it reminds me of winter.  I don't really like winter.  I'm more of a summer person.  Also, is there any way to change this site from blue to yellow?  I prefer yellow.  TIA!  ...

Discrimination Concern
Nov 03, 2014

Just a thought, has anybody noticed that all TLs and TSMs are CMTs.  I believe they discriminate against those of us who do not have our RMT or CMT for any positions of authority.  I have applied for many TL and TSM positions and have never heard a word.  They CYA by putting that preferred line in, but what they mean is don't bother.  I believe this is discrimination.  What do you all think??   ...

Concern Or Concerned???
Jan 06, 2015

He has not contacted her for a week and she feels concerned about him.   He has not contacted her for a week and she feels concern about him.   should this be changed to concerned?   ...

Concern About Minimum Wage
Mar 15, 2010

My ASR rate x 100 is less than minimum wage.  My transcription rate x 100 is just slightly higher than minimum wage.  I wonder if MQ is planning to increase the minimum lph to 150.  ...

Concern Over Supplemental Insurance Deadlines !!
Aug 28, 2012

This is what I understand to be true: If we had supplemental insurance through Alpha Staff, such as Critical Accident, Cancer Insurance, Short Term Disability, etc., the expiration of this coverages ends this Friday, August 31. I have spoken with Colonial , the company we are supposed to call to discuss new coverage, this morning.  They told me they are waiting on "something" from our company before they can give quotes or put us in the system individually. It sounds like if we get a c ...

Because Of The Concern Of The Marked Leukocytosis And The (presumption) Of Sepsis Due To That
May 12, 2011

Because of the concern of the marked leukocytosis and the (s/l presumption) of sepsis due to that ...

Security
Oct 22, 2012

I am looking into transcribing for a doctor from 1000 miles away.  I currently work in his office but will be moving.  He is concerned about the security of his files during transfer and also when they get on my computer...("How can I be sure my files are secure once they are on your computer?").  Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions for this situation? Thanks everyone. ...

Example Of MT Job Security With SR
Dec 05, 2012

Dictated: "His story starts in Ohio." SR: "His story starts in high heels." ...

Anyone Who Uses Your PC For MT Work, Do You Have A Security Program On It?
Jan 01, 2011

What I mean is,  if your company has any type of keystroke or time monitoring software on there. If you use your own computer for personal use and have banking records or other misc on there,  do you have a program that locks out the company software, only allowing them to monitor their own stuff and not yours?     Is there even such a program?    I need one.    Thanks. ...

Social Security Taxes
Jan 11, 2011

This is my first year to work solely as an IC.  I have been sending quarterly taxes in to the IRS using the form 1040 payment vouchers they supplied.  It has just occurred to me that I don't know if any of the money I am sending in is going to Social Security tax.  I am not sure how it is allocated.  I send in 25-30% of my earnings.  Can anyone with more knowledge about this help me understand?  Thanks so much!  ...

A Matter Of National Security?
Sep 28, 2012

With the nature of world affairs and US relations such as they are, I can't help but think how wrong it is for companies in general, but specifically MTSOs, to be sending highly sensitive information overseas the way they do. It scares me to think about my social security number, date of birth, address, etc. being handled by someone who doesn't necessarily feel the sense that they must protect that information. Maybe instead of complaining about how much work is being offshored, we s ...

Anyone Who Has Applied For Social Security Or UE. Sm
Dec 27, 2012

Did you list Nuance as your employer or AlphaStaff or ADP? Confusing for me. Waiting for HR to reply, but I need to know soon.  It's like pulling teeth to get information from this company.  ...

Early Social Security
Jun 29, 2013

How do you go about getting early SS??  How early can you get it.  I am in my 50's so is that too early?  I remember my mom did that but she was older and she still worked 3 days a week and as long as she kept under a certain amount she was allowed to do both. ...

Check With Your State's Unemployment Security
Oct 07, 2010

I just found out that by law, MQ was supposed to file a claim with unemployment FOR me because my hours have been cut so much due to NJA. It is the LAW.  In my state, it is the only way to get partial unemployment.    ...

F5 Client Look Up Security Certificate Outdated?
Nov 08, 2010

I just signed on to work and needed to look up a Client Profile to double-check their protocol.  I get this message from windows with a big alert that the site I am trying to connect to their Certificate of Security has expired??? Say What???? I had to pick a choice to go to the site and windows did not want me to do it saying my computer could be corrupted, etc.  I did get to the profile, but what the heck does this mean??? Is it just me or has Medquist forgot to refile something?&nbs ...

Security Document Signing The Norm?
Jun 06, 2014

Just getting a chance to finally get hired!!! A requirement is to electronically sign documents swearing to confidentiality and another stating that "Additionally, as part of our contract with the Florida Department of Children and Families, we must ensure that each of our Independent Contractors meets the department's internal security and HIPAA confidentiality requirements. Are these normal to be signed by companies?  ...

I'm Out Of The MT Market... I Filed For Social Security Today
Nov 02, 2009

I have grown tired of looking for a job, and it just so happens I turn 62 next month, so I'm out of the MT market.  Goodbye to you MTSOs who play games with hard working people trying to put food on the table.  It's gonna catch up with you and as they say, "Jimmy Crack Corn and....."  I pray you MTs who are younger will find jobs or get out of this dying field.  It has really changed in the last 15 years, but radically changed in the last 2.  Goodbye.&nbs ...

Social Security Death/Retirement Benefits
Jul 10, 2010

My aunt is 63, still working, uncle 66, still working PT but receiving full SS benefits.  He has recently been diagnosed with cancer.  If he dies, and my aunt keeps working (she is working for the medical insurance), will she receive his death benefit, and will it be the same amout.  She is worried about this, well in advance (we hope) and I just wanted to ease her mind a little.  Thank you. ...

Social Security And Progressive Part Time
May 23, 2013

Thinking of taking early SS and cutting hours so I would not make much more than the 15,000 you are allowed on SS.  That way I would still be eligible for insurance until I am old enough for Medicare. Has anyone else done this or know any pros and cons about that progressive part time thing?  TIA ...

Does Anyone Know If A Person Can Collect Social Security And Unemployment?
Jan 07, 2014

I have an email out to a friend with this question also.  She was laid off and had already applied for social security early.  Haven't heard back yet. ...

Social Security. HaHa! Tried To Apply-absolutely Frustrated
Dec 03, 2009

First, they took almost $300 off me back in the '90s because I didn't pay for a year.Does wages of $37 and payment of $2 to SS count? The following year, it shows no income. Okay, maybe I didn't work that year but I still had 40 credits then. Now, I tried to apply and they want my W2 for 2008 according to the online applications. SS called me today. They show no wages for me in 2005. Send a W2, but they do have 2008 and  i don't have to send that. They show les ...

Filing For Early Social Security/Working Part-time
Apr 07, 2012

Anyone here working part-time and receiving early Social Security benefits? I am considering doing this in the next year and wondering if anyone else is already doing so. Thoughts?  I've been working full-time since the age of 18 years and part-time before that, with only a 6-month period of time between jobs, but was collecting severance pay those 6 months. So, I really feel I deserve to get back some of the money I've put into Social Security over the last 4-1/2 d ...

Is This For Real?
Apr 15, 2010

I have been on QA for at least 2 months.  The first month my TL went on vacation and when she did, I was still on full QA and all reports monitored.  I have not received any QA good or bad during this time, but when I inquired about it yesterday, I was told of at least 9 things that I keep doing wrong, and I am not good enough to let out into the work pool.  I asked for reports that I messed up and they only came up with one report that was not messed up,but a report in which I left blanks, w ...

MOT Is Getting Real Old
Jun 02, 2015

This has been going on for too long, without explanation and without any end in sight.   If one if fired for refusing to work beyond the hours they were hired to do, can they still collect unemployment?   ...

Real Company???
Jul 29, 2010

If you were to get hired as an IC by somebody who runs their own MT business out of their home, what things should you look out for to make sure you are not falling for a scam- and just doing someone else's work for free?  Do they need to know things like your SS #?  Thanks for the help! ...

Real Time
Sep 07, 2010

What gives with that ridiculous jargon in the training video?  "Real-time doctor's list."  Gimme a break.  "Streamlining our job."  Hooha.  "Increasing our productivity."  Come on now.  We're not idiots, Q. If that doctor's list was real time, it would be instantaneous.  I know that they meant that we would get to see a doctor's name as soon as it was updated on their end, but to call it real time is a misnomer.  How are extra ke ...

The Real Question...
Jan 10, 2011

...Is there anyone who makes good money doing editing, compared to straight transcription I mean? ...