A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone else accept a job from Spheris lately? - Lee

Posted: Mar 16, 2010

I know they are going through a transition, but I accepted--I need a job. I just can't pass up their training program. As far as any upcoming changes, I will deal with it as it comes.

Good for you! It's worth a try. - It May Be A Good Opportunity

[ In Reply To ..]
You can always quit if it doesn't work out. Give it your best! In my long history, I'm very old, of jobs of various kinds, I've found the ones that were the best for me were the ones nobody else liked or the ones nobody else were willing to do. I love a good challenge. There are greater opportunities in unexpected places.

Give it a try - it may be just fine - LK

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know if you're a newbie, but you mention their training program. I went to work for them a few years ago fresh out of school and the training I got there was fantastic. I worked there 3 years and did very well, learned a ton. I left because the changes they were making were not to my advantage, and I felt I could do better elsewhere. But to this day, I value the experience I got there. It could be a good fit for you, so why not give it a try?

Spheris - Baseball Mom

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you know if Spheris hires "newbies" or not?

Spheris does hires newbies. - Lee

[ In Reply To ..]
I just graduated in 11/09 and Spheris will be my first MT job. I am looking forward to thier great training program.

where did you graduate from? - Mainegirl

[ In Reply To ..]
I see they are aligned with Career Step and hire graduates of that program, but do they hire from other schools? Curious about my options, since I am not a Career Step student...
Career Step Graduate - Lee
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I graduated from Career Step. I found it to be a great program and would recommend it highly. Their support program was so helpful. I never felt alone during the program and was able to do it at my own speed.
Yes, Spheris hires graduates from other schools - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Spheris - Care
[ In Reply To ..]
I also accepted an offer from Spheris and will begin their training the week of April 12.

trying to get in touch with them - AmberG613

[ In Reply To ..]
Hey, I was wondering if you could maybe help me by giving me some contact information to someone in the HR department at Spheris. I have a question regarding applying for a position there and can't seen to find any contact information of who I should talk to for the type of question I have.

Similar Messages:

Minimum Commitment That Spheris Will Accept For Part-time? 
Jan 21, 2010

Can anyone tell me the minimum commitment that Spheris will accept for part-time?  ...

Medquist Buys Spheris For $116 Million, Spheris Execs Get Their $850K Bonus
Apr 15, 2010

Having paid too much you can be assured their will be layoffs a plenty in about 6 mos time. ...

SPHERIS ON AUCTION BLOCK TODAY - Transcend Submits Bid To Acquire Spheris - See Press Release
Apr 13, 2010

HOT OFF THE PRESS SEE BELOW     Transcend Submits Bid to Acquire Spheris     ATLANTA, Apr 09, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- TRANSCEND SERVICES, INC. /quotes/comstock/15*!trcr/quotes/nls/trcr (TRCR 17.43, +0.13, +0.75%) , the third largest provider of medical transcription services to the U.S. healthcare market, announced today that it has submitted a bid to acquire substantially all of the assets of Nashville, Tennessee-based Spheris, Inc. and the stock of ...

VR Do Not Accept 3 Cents!!! People
Dec 03, 2009

MTs out there..do not accept a job for VR on 3 cents a line. These companies are trying to rake you over the coals!   The benchmark was set by Escription at 4 cents a line when they came out with the software and now these companies are trying to lower the bar!!  Do not accept this!  These are the companies that offered 7 cents a line for straight typing instead of 9 or 10.  ...

Any Companies Out There That Accept Satellite 'net?
Mar 23, 2010

I'm in a rural area in the Midwest and currently have satellite Internet.  Seems like all the services are requiring DSL, which isn't available here.  I don't even know if wireless is an option.  Anyone know of service(s) needing experienced (20+ years) MTs?  Keep in mind, though, that I do want to be paid for the work.  :o)  I currently work as an IC and prefer no specified schedule so that I am able to work around my family members' m ...

I May Accept A Position With TransTech.
Jun 23, 2012

I've been offered a position with TransTech.  Would anyone please give me their opinions of the company.  I was told they charge $9 to use their equipment, but I will use my own computer but will have to use their foot pedal.  Wouldn't it better to just buy my own foot pedal then I'd always have it instead of them charging every payday.  I don't even know what they cost but will look into that.  Also I'm concerned about the required line count.&n ...

Do Most Big Companies Accept Windows 7 Now, And
Jul 06, 2013

I'm job hunting after a couple of years off. When I left, many companies (including, I believe, Nuance and M-Modal) would not accept Windows 7, which is what I have.  I hope that has changed.  I don't want to downgrade to XP and I sure as h*ll don't want Windows 8. ...

Does Synernet Accept Satelite
Jul 29, 2013

I just found out our new home doesnt have dsl or Uverse compatibility and i am to start work on august 5th with synernetand the only other thing that can be done is satelite.  ...

So....don't Accept It! I Don't Work For Nuance But
Dec 01, 2014

I suppose I could any day now if they decide to acquisition my company, but I would refuse this kind of pay formula and would look for another job ASAP.  If the en masse won't work for this minimum wage (sounds like), they will have to change it, but I suppose they could send it all to India.  Wonder what the clients would say about that?  They can only do what the industry will allow them to do in my opinion. For all naysayers, I have worked for a service that was bought ou ...

What Is The Lowest Line Rate You Are Willing To Accept As An IC? Sm
Dec 15, 2009

I just applied for a job, aced the test, and have 18+ years experience.  I was offered .06 cpl to start, but will be "generously" bumped up to a whopping .07 cpl once I've proved myself.  I have never, ever been offered anything lower than .08 cpl in my entire career.  I did make 7.75 cpl one, but that was 15 years ago, working for the Q on a simple ER account with templates out the ying yang. I really feel insulted here.  Good grief... I would really appreciate some in ...

Ever Known A Company To Not Accept OEM Microsoft Versions?
Jul 03, 2010

I want to buy an OEM version of Microsoft Office on Ebay, but I'm hesitant because I'm worried it won't be compatible with my company's software. I asked my company, of course, but it will be a wait because it's the weekend. I just wanted to see if any of you have ever come across a company that did not accept the OEM version of Microsoft Word or Office. Thanks! ...

Cypress Medical - Did Anyone Accept A Position?
Jul 25, 2012

Did anyone accept a position with the above after doing the 49-page file review and summarization.  I had a call from the gentleman last night but not at a good time, so he will call back this evening.  Curious as to whether or not their actual files are as disorganized as the test file.  If anyone accepted a position, can you share how it is going.  Thanks. ...

Opinions Please-- Would You Accept A Lower Cpl Over A Higher
Nov 12, 2012

7 cpl job has BCBS about 53.00 per pp, dental 4.00 per pp. Employer pays for short term and long term disability, and they pay your life insurance at 2 times your pay. They offer about 28 paid PTO days per year, 8 holidays a year of which you have to work at least 2, profit sharing if company has increased profits for the year, plus 401K where they will deposit 3%, plus match 50 cents on the dollar up to 8%. They provide equipment. Very easy and transcription friendly software program, pay ...

I REFUSE TO ACCEPT 7 TO 8 CPL WITH 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE-IT IS AN INSULT TO ME
Aug 11, 2010

I have been testing all week. Some companies will not even discuss pay until you take their tests. Then, I waste my time taking these tests only to be offered 7 and 8 cpl. It is absolutely offensive to me to offer me that low pay. You want all of my years of experience, but only want to pay "newbie" rates. I am completely and wholeheartedly giving up on this profession. ...

Now Told Cannot Accept Anymore Christmas Or New Year's Off... Sm
Nov 18, 2010

Okay, I am a lonnnnggg time MT/ME with Q for almost 18 years.  Historically I have ALWAYS taken New Year's holiday and worked Tgiving and Christmas every year.  (most of the time NJA anyway).   What gets me is that I asked 3 months ago for the dates Dec 30, 31 and Jan 1.  Now Fri and Sat are my days off anyway (work 2 hours Fri), so I said I would work Mon and Wed before these days to make up.   Now we get the message no more PTO, even New Year.   ...

Not Happy! Nothing New With Low To No Work This Week For My Acct, I Get That And Accept It (sm)
Dec 29, 2010

and I know it's temporary.  My problem is that the company I work for requires a daily line count and expects us to work around our schedules and do anything we can to get those lines in.  Usually not a problem.  But this week is a holiday week and my husband and kids are home, and we scheduled things to do alone as well as with other family members and friends, so when my shift is over it has to be over.  Christmas Eve/Christmas morning, yesterday, and it looks like tod ...

Superior Global Solutions...do They Accept Satellite?
Mar 28, 2012

Trying to find companies besides M*Modal who allow satellite internet.  I currently work at Transcend and I can use it there BUT Nuance bought them out and eventually the account will go to Nuance's platform, and Nuance does not allow satellite.  So I am trying to prepare ahead of time.  Does Superior Global allow satellite?  ...

Spheris MTs
Nov 10, 2009

Hey Spheris MTs out there.  I worked for Spheris for a while not too long ago but quit for another company.  Nothing wrong with Spheris at all, just love the new company flexibility much, much more.  I loved the expander program Spheris used (Shorthand 10.0) so much that I ended up buying the program to use on my new job.  Problem is there are so many tips and tricks that Spheris provided for using Shorthand 10.0 that I never got to put into action and quit before I thou ...

What Is Going On At Spheris?
Jan 08, 2010

Is it me or does it seem like Spheris is a sinking ship?.  ...

Spheris VR
Jan 14, 2010

Is it me or does it seem like the VR at Spheris is getting worse. Also, it seems like it is harder to make any lines at all. Just had to vent. ...

Has Spheris Sent Out W2's Yet?
Jan 29, 2010

Just wondering.  I worked there till May last year and will probably have to contact them to get mine. ...

Spheris Pay
Jun 08, 2010

my friend claims she only made $11000 with spheris last yr. but yet she had health benefits and 401K. how is it she's making so little is spheris really that bad of a company to work for . i've heard so many different stories i don't know what to believe anymore ...

W2 ? For Former Spheris...
Mar 19, 2011

Should we have a W2 from MQ as well as from Spheris?  Was just putting my info together to have taxes done & don't understand the 2 from Spheris but noticed I don't have one that says MQ. Thanks in advance. ...

Keystrokes Better Than Spheris
Oct 20, 2009

I currently work at Spheris but I would like to find out how things are at Keystrokes. I appreciate any information good or bad.   Thanks ...

Questions About Spheris
Oct 21, 2009

Does anyone know if Spheris sends their work overseas?  How are they to work for?  Do they have editing positions?  Is the rate of pay any good? ...

Spheris Stinks!
Nov 18, 2009

That company is in trouble, and it is a terrible place to work.  The MTs are very, very nice, but it is not a place to make a living! ...

Spheris Nightmares
Nov 21, 2009

Had nightmares about my company last night.  I was told to go in the office of my boss and do some punishment work.  I sat there in front of this blank computer, would not turn on, and something said to sit in her chair, since she was not there, and start opening all the books and do the worksheets about what a bad person/MT I was.  Then, she popped up in the back of the office in black.  Scary, evil woman!  She said terrible things, and just as I kept telling myself thi ...

How Does Spheris Compare?
Jan 21, 2010

Is there anyone out there who has worked for Spheris and other large companies? If so, how does Spheris compare? Looking for other opportunities, but don't want to end up in a worse situation :) In particular, has anyone worked for both Spheris and Webmedx? thanks ...

**** Spheris Might Tank.
Jan 29, 2010

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/02/01/story1.html?b=1265000400%5E2811471 By closing the curtains on its finances, Spheris has opened the door to speculation regarding its future. Whispers range from a sale to a bankruptcy, with the former gaining steam in the past week after a blogger in India reported competitor Cbay Systems Ltd. had struck a deal to buy Spheris’ operations in that country. Both Spheris and Cbay declined to address the potential sale. Spheris has ...

Spheris - Another Medquist
Jan 30, 2010

I had an interview with Spheris yesterday.  It sounds too good to be true - more per line than I'm making now, plus production bonus and weekend shift differential?  And better insurance too.  Okay. I worked for MQ.  My check got smaller and smaller as they revamped the bonuses and brought in VR (which absolutely refused to be taught anything).  So tell me the truth - would I be jumping back into the same fire with Spheris? ...