A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medquist buys Spheris for $116 million, Spheris execs get their $850K bonus - insider

Posted: Apr 15, 2010

Having paid too much you can be assured their will be layoffs a plenty in about 6 mos time.

Insider - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
You can be sure that they will now proceed to rip off the Spheris employees just like they ripped us off as MQ employees. Run for the hills, kids!

THEY get 850K BONUS????? - For Being a Failure??

[ In Reply To ..]
And the MTs...the breadwinners....haven't had raises in years. No wonder this greedy b-----ds went bankrupt!!! They deserve it!

Does it seem right to you guys that the criminals get all the bail-outs and the honest, hard-working Americans are getting the shaft so that we can reward the criminals? Something is very deeply wrong in this country now.

Bonus - Alex

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. I currently work for Spheris and it angers me to think I have not gotten a raise since I started 7 years ago, and I actually make less because of VR.

Disgusting isnt it? - How DO they sleep?

[ In Reply To ..]
Besides on 1000 count sheets that we paid for....
And a Temperpedic deluxe bed. - Starry Knight
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

CBay Buys Spheris
Feb 03, 2010

Just curious, how do you guys (and gals) feel about the fact that CBay just purchased Spheris? ...

Looks Like A Done Deal, MQ Buys Spheris
Apr 15, 2010

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/04/12/daily31.html   MedQuist Inc. and its majority shareholder, CBay Inc., will buy Franklin-based Spheris Inc. for $116.3 million — $48 million more than the companies originally offered for the bankrupt medical transcription company and its India subsidiary. A Delaware bankruptcy judge signed off on the sale today following an all-night auction of Spheris’ assets that concluded at 6 a.m. The price includes $98 ...

MQ Buys Spheris Domestic Assets. NM
Feb 03, 2010

x ...

SPHERIS ON AUCTION BLOCK TODAY - Transcend Submits Bid To Acquire Spheris - See Press Release
Apr 13, 2010

HOT OFF THE PRESS SEE BELOW     Transcend Submits Bid to Acquire Spheris     ATLANTA, Apr 09, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- TRANSCEND SERVICES, INC. /quotes/comstock/15*!trcr/quotes/nls/trcr (TRCR 17.43, +0.13, +0.75%) , the third largest provider of medical transcription services to the U.S. healthcare market, announced today that it has submitted a bid to acquire substantially all of the assets of Nashville, Tennessee-based Spheris, Inc. and the stock of ...

Spheris - Another Medquist
Jan 30, 2010

I had an interview with Spheris yesterday.  It sounds too good to be true - more per line than I'm making now, plus production bonus and weekend shift differential?  And better insurance too.  Okay. I worked for MQ.  My check got smaller and smaller as they revamped the bonuses and brought in VR (which absolutely refused to be taught anything).  So tell me the truth - would I be jumping back into the same fire with Spheris? ...

MedQuist Or Spheris? If You Had To Choose...
Mar 18, 2010

Anyone with knowledge of these two companies have any advice for choosing between them (for a new MT)?  Thank you. ...

Medquist Taking Over Spheris
Mar 29, 2010

I was just wondering what the Medquist MTs think about Medquist possibly taking over Spheris, whether good, bad or indifferent. ...

Have Many Medquist MTs Been Placed On Old Spheris Accounts?
Jun 18, 2010

Running out of work midweek on a previously high volume account and struggling to get my lines in now :(  Wondering what's up. ...

Spheris Side Of MedQuist
Jan 28, 2011

I have been hired for Spheris accounts at MQ.  I forgot to ask which platform. Anybody know if the Spheris side uses DQS or something different? ...

So It Appears Medquist Sucks Up Spheris?
Apr 15, 2010

http://ahdilounge.blogspot.com/2010/04/it-looks-like-we-have-winner-medquist.html ...

CBay, Spheris, Medquist - INDIA
May 04, 2010

Came across this information, from a reliable source (who prefers to remain anonymous.)We report, you decide. - - - - - - - - - - A leading United States-based healthcare BPO services vendor CBay Systems Ltd. plans to transfer nearly 50 per cent of its work to India during the next two years with a view to develop into a $1-billion company. Presently, CBay Systems provides its facilities to almost 40 per cent of the hospital market in the United States covering over 2,400 hospitals, clinics as ...

Medquist Buyout Of Spheris-Health Insurance?
Feb 04, 2010

I am a current employee of Spheris and was wondering what kind of health insurance does Medquist offer? If you could give details that would be great. ...

MedQuist Buys All Type, Too. Sm
Sep 20, 2011

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44588832 ...

MedQuist Pays $2 Million To Settle Lawsuit With Kaiser
Aug 20, 2010

http://philadelphia.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/stories/2010/08/16/daily23.html   Medical transcription services company MedQuist Inc. has agreed to pay Kaiser Permanente $2 million to settle a lawsuit in which the health-care company alleged MedQuist inflated its costs. Kaiser of Oakland, Calif., filed its lawsuit against MedQuist (NASDAQ:MEDQ) during the summer of 2008. Under the terms of the settlement, MedQuist of Mount Laurel, N.J., made a single lump sum payme ...

Spheris MTs
Nov 10, 2009

Hey Spheris MTs out there.  I worked for Spheris for a while not too long ago but quit for another company.  Nothing wrong with Spheris at all, just love the new company flexibility much, much more.  I loved the expander program Spheris used (Shorthand 10.0) so much that I ended up buying the program to use on my new job.  Problem is there are so many tips and tricks that Spheris provided for using Shorthand 10.0 that I never got to put into action and quit before I thou ...

What Is Going On At Spheris?
Jan 08, 2010

Is it me or does it seem like Spheris is a sinking ship?.  ...

Spheris VR
Jan 14, 2010

Is it me or does it seem like the VR at Spheris is getting worse. Also, it seems like it is harder to make any lines at all. Just had to vent. ...

Has Spheris Sent Out W2's Yet?
Jan 29, 2010

Just wondering.  I worked there till May last year and will probably have to contact them to get mine. ...

Spheris Pay
Jun 08, 2010

my friend claims she only made $11000 with spheris last yr. but yet she had health benefits and 401K. how is it she's making so little is spheris really that bad of a company to work for . i've heard so many different stories i don't know what to believe anymore ...

W2 ? For Former Spheris...
Mar 19, 2011

Should we have a W2 from MQ as well as from Spheris?  Was just putting my info together to have taxes done & don't understand the 2 from Spheris but noticed I don't have one that says MQ. Thanks in advance. ...

Keystrokes Better Than Spheris
Oct 20, 2009

I currently work at Spheris but I would like to find out how things are at Keystrokes. I appreciate any information good or bad.   Thanks ...

Questions About Spheris
Oct 21, 2009

Does anyone know if Spheris sends their work overseas?  How are they to work for?  Do they have editing positions?  Is the rate of pay any good? ...

Spheris Stinks!
Nov 18, 2009

That company is in trouble, and it is a terrible place to work.  The MTs are very, very nice, but it is not a place to make a living! ...

Spheris Nightmares
Nov 21, 2009

Had nightmares about my company last night.  I was told to go in the office of my boss and do some punishment work.  I sat there in front of this blank computer, would not turn on, and something said to sit in her chair, since she was not there, and start opening all the books and do the worksheets about what a bad person/MT I was.  Then, she popped up in the back of the office in black.  Scary, evil woman!  She said terrible things, and just as I kept telling myself thi ...

How Does Spheris Compare?
Jan 21, 2010

Is there anyone out there who has worked for Spheris and other large companies? If so, how does Spheris compare? Looking for other opportunities, but don't want to end up in a worse situation :) In particular, has anyone worked for both Spheris and Webmedx? thanks ...

**** Spheris Might Tank.
Jan 29, 2010

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/02/01/story1.html?b=1265000400%5E2811471 By closing the curtains on its finances, Spheris has opened the door to speculation regarding its future. Whispers range from a sale to a bankruptcy, with the former gaining steam in the past week after a blogger in India reported competitor Cbay Systems Ltd. had struck a deal to buy Spheris’ operations in that country. Both Spheris and Cbay declined to address the potential sale. Spheris has ...

Help! Might Get Hired By Spheris...
Jan 31, 2010

I'm not sure if this is a  good move for me, especially after reading an article on them that was linked from this board.  Recruiter says they have loads of work, but they seem really regimented.  Anyone work for them and want to share?  Thanks.  ...

Spheris Bought Out
Feb 03, 2010

By Medquist and Cbay.  My sister works there and just told me, is on a conference call as we speak. ...

Spheris Sells Out
Feb 03, 2010

SPHERIS SELLS OUT- ANNOUNCED BY EMAIL TO EMPLOYEES TODAY.  SOLD TO MEDQUIST AND CBAY.  WILL BE DONE BY JUNE. ...

Why Is Spheris Hiring?
Feb 04, 2010

Seems odd to me, but over on the other website, Sperhis is hiring.  Who would accept a position with them at this point? ...