A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

does synernet accept satelite - newhomeowner

Posted: Jul 29, 2013

I just found out our new home doesnt have dsl or Uverse compatibility and i am to start work on august 5th with synernetand the only other thing that can be done is satelite. 

depends on the speed -- they did a speed test and had to meet certain minimum - nm.

[ In Reply To ..]

Their ad says no satellite or wireless. Can you get - cable?

[ In Reply To ..]
From the latest ad on Seeker Board:

"Equipment/Internet Requirements: Company provides all equipment except for a monitor and headphones. High-Speed Internet is required, no satellite or wireless connections."

Satellite - AnonMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Most companies will not accept satellite because of security issues. I am not even sure there is a company left out there who does accept it any more, there used to be a couple.

I don't think its security, I think its intermittent service - just saying

[ In Reply To ..]
That has been my experience - because satellite 'connection' can be spotty, it won't work with some platforms

that too. Heard a good wind will knock you out among other things - and the downtime is not worth the trouble.NM

[ In Reply To ..]
/_

Similar Messages:

Anyone Else Accept A Job From Spheris Lately?
Mar 16, 2010

I know they are going through a transition, but I accepted--I need a job. I just can't pass up their training program. As far as any upcoming changes, I will deal with it as it comes. ...

VR Do Not Accept 3 Cents!!! People
Dec 03, 2009

MTs out there..do not accept a job for VR on 3 cents a line. These companies are trying to rake you over the coals!   The benchmark was set by Escription at 4 cents a line when they came out with the software and now these companies are trying to lower the bar!!  Do not accept this!  These are the companies that offered 7 cents a line for straight typing instead of 9 or 10.  ...

Any Companies Out There That Accept Satellite 'net?
Mar 23, 2010

I'm in a rural area in the Midwest and currently have satellite Internet.  Seems like all the services are requiring DSL, which isn't available here.  I don't even know if wireless is an option.  Anyone know of service(s) needing experienced (20+ years) MTs?  Keep in mind, though, that I do want to be paid for the work.  :o)  I currently work as an IC and prefer no specified schedule so that I am able to work around my family members' m ...

I May Accept A Position With TransTech.
Jun 23, 2012

I've been offered a position with TransTech.  Would anyone please give me their opinions of the company.  I was told they charge $9 to use their equipment, but I will use my own computer but will have to use their foot pedal.  Wouldn't it better to just buy my own foot pedal then I'd always have it instead of them charging every payday.  I don't even know what they cost but will look into that.  Also I'm concerned about the required line count.&n ...

Do Most Big Companies Accept Windows 7 Now, And
Jul 06, 2013

I'm job hunting after a couple of years off. When I left, many companies (including, I believe, Nuance and M-Modal) would not accept Windows 7, which is what I have.  I hope that has changed.  I don't want to downgrade to XP and I sure as h*ll don't want Windows 8. ...

So....don't Accept It! I Don't Work For Nuance But
Dec 01, 2014

I suppose I could any day now if they decide to acquisition my company, but I would refuse this kind of pay formula and would look for another job ASAP.  If the en masse won't work for this minimum wage (sounds like), they will have to change it, but I suppose they could send it all to India.  Wonder what the clients would say about that?  They can only do what the industry will allow them to do in my opinion. For all naysayers, I have worked for a service that was bought ou ...

What Is The Lowest Line Rate You Are Willing To Accept As An IC? Sm
Dec 15, 2009

I just applied for a job, aced the test, and have 18+ years experience.  I was offered .06 cpl to start, but will be "generously" bumped up to a whopping .07 cpl once I've proved myself.  I have never, ever been offered anything lower than .08 cpl in my entire career.  I did make 7.75 cpl one, but that was 15 years ago, working for the Q on a simple ER account with templates out the ying yang. I really feel insulted here.  Good grief... I would really appreciate some in ...

Ever Known A Company To Not Accept OEM Microsoft Versions?
Jul 03, 2010

I want to buy an OEM version of Microsoft Office on Ebay, but I'm hesitant because I'm worried it won't be compatible with my company's software. I asked my company, of course, but it will be a wait because it's the weekend. I just wanted to see if any of you have ever come across a company that did not accept the OEM version of Microsoft Word or Office. Thanks! ...

Cypress Medical - Did Anyone Accept A Position?
Jul 25, 2012

Did anyone accept a position with the above after doing the 49-page file review and summarization.  I had a call from the gentleman last night but not at a good time, so he will call back this evening.  Curious as to whether or not their actual files are as disorganized as the test file.  If anyone accepted a position, can you share how it is going.  Thanks. ...

Opinions Please-- Would You Accept A Lower Cpl Over A Higher
Nov 12, 2012

7 cpl job has BCBS about 53.00 per pp, dental 4.00 per pp. Employer pays for short term and long term disability, and they pay your life insurance at 2 times your pay. They offer about 28 paid PTO days per year, 8 holidays a year of which you have to work at least 2, profit sharing if company has increased profits for the year, plus 401K where they will deposit 3%, plus match 50 cents on the dollar up to 8%. They provide equipment. Very easy and transcription friendly software program, pay ...

I REFUSE TO ACCEPT 7 TO 8 CPL WITH 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE-IT IS AN INSULT TO ME
Aug 11, 2010

I have been testing all week. Some companies will not even discuss pay until you take their tests. Then, I waste my time taking these tests only to be offered 7 and 8 cpl. It is absolutely offensive to me to offer me that low pay. You want all of my years of experience, but only want to pay "newbie" rates. I am completely and wholeheartedly giving up on this profession. ...

Now Told Cannot Accept Anymore Christmas Or New Year's Off... Sm
Nov 18, 2010

Okay, I am a lonnnnggg time MT/ME with Q for almost 18 years.  Historically I have ALWAYS taken New Year's holiday and worked Tgiving and Christmas every year.  (most of the time NJA anyway).   What gets me is that I asked 3 months ago for the dates Dec 30, 31 and Jan 1.  Now Fri and Sat are my days off anyway (work 2 hours Fri), so I said I would work Mon and Wed before these days to make up.   Now we get the message no more PTO, even New Year.   ...

Not Happy! Nothing New With Low To No Work This Week For My Acct, I Get That And Accept It (sm)
Dec 29, 2010

and I know it's temporary.  My problem is that the company I work for requires a daily line count and expects us to work around our schedules and do anything we can to get those lines in.  Usually not a problem.  But this week is a holiday week and my husband and kids are home, and we scheduled things to do alone as well as with other family members and friends, so when my shift is over it has to be over.  Christmas Eve/Christmas morning, yesterday, and it looks like tod ...

Superior Global Solutions...do They Accept Satellite?
Mar 28, 2012

Trying to find companies besides M*Modal who allow satellite internet.  I currently work at Transcend and I can use it there BUT Nuance bought them out and eventually the account will go to Nuance's platform, and Nuance does not allow satellite.  So I am trying to prepare ahead of time.  Does Superior Global allow satellite?  ...

Minimum Commitment That Spheris Will Accept For Part-time? 
Jan 21, 2010

Can anyone tell me the minimum commitment that Spheris will accept for part-time?  ...

Synernet Or MD-IT
Aug 16, 2010

Does anyone out there have any experience working for on Synernet or MD-IT? ...

Synernet, Inc
Mar 27, 2011

Any recent info on Synernet, Inc in Portland, Maine?  Archives are quite old. ...

Synernet???
Jun 27, 2012

I have an interview with them coming up. They seem like they have a good reputation and the benefits look really good. One thing I am wondering about them is just how flexible are the schedules? For example, right now I am able to work a regular 2nd shift position with no problem (I currently work 2nd shift and prefer it to other shifts), but when school starts my kids will have sports and Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts and I have to take them to their meetings. The place I currently work at, they ...

Anyone Know About SYNERNET?
Aug 23, 2012

Does anyone have an opinion about Synernet? I only worked for them 1 mo and I can't wait to leave! ...

Synernet?
Feb 01, 2013

I just applied at Synernet and took their test.  It was pretty easy.  Has anyone ever worked for them?  How is the pay?  It says in the ad that they have excellent benefits.  Are they fairly flexible as far as scheduling?  Any feedback would be appreciated.  They sure sound like a decent company! ...

When Is Synernet Going To VR?
Dec 11, 2013

Just wondering when Synernet will be going to VR?  I wish they would post something on the message board when they have the conference calls for the ones that weren't able to attend.  ...

Synernet At It Again
Jan 30, 2014

First the dire email: Mandatory OT by end of week with at least 2 hours on Saturday. Just forget if you had plans for the weekend. Say what time you will be working and have to work those hours and put who okay'd those hours on your timesheet (you might lie you know). So you do that because you want to help the company out and it's nice to have OT again. So today, email, oops, some people cleaned up all the work so no OT today, but still MIGHT have it on Fri and Sat. Just stay tuned a ...

Any Synernet Mts On Here That Have
Apr 07, 2014

step-by-step instructions of how to handle priority reports? ...

What Is Going On At Synernet
Apr 30, 2014

Is it me? Or what. Just what the heck is going on... anybody out there experiencing some strange things... ...

Job With Synernet
Jul 15, 2014

I am applying for a job with Synernet and will be testing tomorrow. Can anyone tell me approximately how many lines I'd need to type a day to make... lets say 80-85 dollars a day?  I'd appreciate any rough ideas please. I know that most companies have really dropped their cpl since I stopped transcribing years ago, but wow! It's gonna be a challenge to make some money I guess! ...

Synernet VR
Aug 08, 2014

Has anybody actually did the math for the VR with 2000 lines a day/14,000 lines a week at 4 cents a line.  You may be shocked. ...

Synernet PTB
Oct 08, 2014

This msg goes out to J and V.   I would love to email or call you and address my concerns over this but I could not trust that my name would not be brought up and I would just have hell to pay later.   I (we) would love it if you would do something about the supervisors cherry picking their work types.  Why dont they work from a pool like the rest of us?  It is obvious when certain report types (PE tubes, T&A's, cataracts, etc. etc. are being done by t ...

Synernet
May 26, 2015

Anyone ever applied to Synernet and been rejected saying you did not pass their test?  I just completed an online assessment and they said I did not pass it, which is bull crap.  I would stake my life on it that I DID pass it.  What is their problem?  I have been working for 38 years and I certainly know everything they asked.  I want to see the results. ...

Hey Synernet!
Jun 17, 2015

How many emails do we have to get from LL and other micromanagers about helpers on the weekend?  Are we deaf or something?  Gimma a break.  Insulting and overkill.  Treat us with respect and quit treating us like idiots who do not know how to read. ...

What Is The Pay At Synernet?
Jun 27, 2015

nm ...