A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Keystrokes better than Spheris - mom2huskies

Posted: Oct 20, 2009

I currently work at Spheris but I would like to find out how things are at Keystrokes. I appreciate any information good or bad.

Thanks

on Main Board, 8 posts down are negative comments about Keystrokes. - poster put it on the wrong board. N/M

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

Thanks - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
Does not sound any better than pheris.

I moved entire thread to Company board. NM - Moderator

[ In Reply To ..]

Love it there - KSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been there for about 3 years now and I can't even imagine working anywhere else. I always have lots of work and have never had a single problem. If you are a hard worker, they will do anything for you.

I've worked for both... - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I posted down below regarding my Keystrokes experience (I completely agree). Having said all that, I still think Keystrokes in better than Spheris. A few differences that I saw between the two: Spheris was picky about schedules, whereas Keystrokes wasn't on your back if you took a break, etc. I had trouble getting a decent line count at Spheris, not because of the account, but because...well, I don't know, take a guess ;-). I think if you are looking to move into a higher position (QA, team lead, supervisor, whatever), then Spheris would probably be a better bet. All in all, I vote Keystrokes is a bit better.

Similar Messages:

Medquist Buys Spheris For $116 Million, Spheris Execs Get Their $850K Bonus
Apr 15, 2010

Having paid too much you can be assured their will be layoffs a plenty in about 6 mos time. ...

SPHERIS ON AUCTION BLOCK TODAY - Transcend Submits Bid To Acquire Spheris - See Press Release
Apr 13, 2010

HOT OFF THE PRESS SEE BELOW     Transcend Submits Bid to Acquire Spheris     ATLANTA, Apr 09, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- TRANSCEND SERVICES, INC. /quotes/comstock/15*!trcr/quotes/nls/trcr (TRCR 17.43, +0.13, +0.75%) , the third largest provider of medical transcription services to the U.S. healthcare market, announced today that it has submitted a bid to acquire substantially all of the assets of Nashville, Tennessee-based Spheris, Inc. and the stock of ...

Spheris MTs
Nov 10, 2009

Hey Spheris MTs out there.  I worked for Spheris for a while not too long ago but quit for another company.  Nothing wrong with Spheris at all, just love the new company flexibility much, much more.  I loved the expander program Spheris used (Shorthand 10.0) so much that I ended up buying the program to use on my new job.  Problem is there are so many tips and tricks that Spheris provided for using Shorthand 10.0 that I never got to put into action and quit before I thou ...

What Is Going On At Spheris?
Jan 08, 2010

Is it me or does it seem like Spheris is a sinking ship?.  ...

Spheris VR
Jan 14, 2010

Is it me or does it seem like the VR at Spheris is getting worse. Also, it seems like it is harder to make any lines at all. Just had to vent. ...

Has Spheris Sent Out W2's Yet?
Jan 29, 2010

Just wondering.  I worked there till May last year and will probably have to contact them to get mine. ...

Spheris Pay
Jun 08, 2010

my friend claims she only made $11000 with spheris last yr. but yet she had health benefits and 401K. how is it she's making so little is spheris really that bad of a company to work for . i've heard so many different stories i don't know what to believe anymore ...

W2 ? For Former Spheris...
Mar 19, 2011

Should we have a W2 from MQ as well as from Spheris?  Was just putting my info together to have taxes done & don't understand the 2 from Spheris but noticed I don't have one that says MQ. Thanks in advance. ...

Questions About Spheris
Oct 21, 2009

Does anyone know if Spheris sends their work overseas?  How are they to work for?  Do they have editing positions?  Is the rate of pay any good? ...

Spheris Stinks!
Nov 18, 2009

That company is in trouble, and it is a terrible place to work.  The MTs are very, very nice, but it is not a place to make a living! ...

Spheris Nightmares
Nov 21, 2009

Had nightmares about my company last night.  I was told to go in the office of my boss and do some punishment work.  I sat there in front of this blank computer, would not turn on, and something said to sit in her chair, since she was not there, and start opening all the books and do the worksheets about what a bad person/MT I was.  Then, she popped up in the back of the office in black.  Scary, evil woman!  She said terrible things, and just as I kept telling myself thi ...

How Does Spheris Compare?
Jan 21, 2010

Is there anyone out there who has worked for Spheris and other large companies? If so, how does Spheris compare? Looking for other opportunities, but don't want to end up in a worse situation :) In particular, has anyone worked for both Spheris and Webmedx? thanks ...

**** Spheris Might Tank.
Jan 29, 2010

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/02/01/story1.html?b=1265000400%5E2811471 By closing the curtains on its finances, Spheris has opened the door to speculation regarding its future. Whispers range from a sale to a bankruptcy, with the former gaining steam in the past week after a blogger in India reported competitor Cbay Systems Ltd. had struck a deal to buy Spheris’ operations in that country. Both Spheris and Cbay declined to address the potential sale. Spheris has ...

Spheris - Another Medquist
Jan 30, 2010

I had an interview with Spheris yesterday.  It sounds too good to be true - more per line than I'm making now, plus production bonus and weekend shift differential?  And better insurance too.  Okay. I worked for MQ.  My check got smaller and smaller as they revamped the bonuses and brought in VR (which absolutely refused to be taught anything).  So tell me the truth - would I be jumping back into the same fire with Spheris? ...

Help! Might Get Hired By Spheris...
Jan 31, 2010

I'm not sure if this is a  good move for me, especially after reading an article on them that was linked from this board.  Recruiter says they have loads of work, but they seem really regimented.  Anyone work for them and want to share?  Thanks.  ...

Spheris Bought Out
Feb 03, 2010

By Medquist and Cbay.  My sister works there and just told me, is on a conference call as we speak. ...

Spheris Sells Out
Feb 03, 2010

SPHERIS SELLS OUT- ANNOUNCED BY EMAIL TO EMPLOYEES TODAY.  SOLD TO MEDQUIST AND CBAY.  WILL BE DONE BY JUNE. ...

Why Is Spheris Hiring?
Feb 04, 2010

Seems odd to me, but over on the other website, Sperhis is hiring.  Who would accept a position with them at this point? ...

So, What Happened To Spheris?
Feb 11, 2010

It probably has been discussed already, but I haven't been here in a while.  But, what happened with them?  Why did they go bankrupt?  ...

SPHERIS - MT AFFECTED?
Feb 19, 2010

Can any one shed light on whether Spheris MT and Editors are let go because of their fire sale to MedQuist? Are they losing any accounts? Which ones? Help please. ...

Why Is Spheris Hiring?nm
Feb 23, 2010

nm ...

Spheris...little Confused.
Mar 10, 2010

Ok, Spheris wants to schedule a phone interview.  I have not taken a test as of yet.  Has anyone been interviewed without testing?  Is the testing after the interview or do they not test or what?  I know, why would I consider working for them?  No job, that's why.  Need part-time job.  ...

401K From Spheris
Mar 14, 2010

I have recently quit my position with Spheris and want to know who to contact regarding getting our 401K or how to get a hold of this?  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! ...

Can Anyone Tell Me About Unemployment After Spheris Buy Out?
Mar 15, 2010

Can anyone tell me if I were to survive the MQ buy out and was actually hired by MQ but "things" changed quite a bit, would I be eligible to draw unemployment? ...

Anyone Else Accept A Job From Spheris Lately?
Mar 16, 2010

I know they are going through a transition, but I accepted--I need a job. I just can't pass up their training program. As far as any upcoming changes, I will deal with it as it comes. ...

Spheris Info On Changes
Mar 30, 2010

Very interesting comments about the changes at Spheris, from MTs... http://www.jobvent.com/spheris-job-reviews-C1561?PageNum=3 ...

Any Updates On Spheris?
Mar 31, 2010

I have a phone interview with them in April.  I noticed there were posts about them going bankrupt, etc.   I'm fairly new to this, and need a job right away. ...

Spheris Auction
Apr 14, 2010

Anyone hear what happened at yesterday's auction, as to who was the "winner"? ...

Spheris Recruiter
May 20, 2010

Why does the Spheris recruiter email asking that you pick a time for her to call and then never call?  Very annoying!  ...

You Want To Know Why MQ Bought Out Spheris?
May 22, 2010

KOLKATA: CBay Systems — a leading healthcare BPO, that services nearly 40% of the US hospital market — is looking to become a $1-billion company and shift nearly half its work to India in the next two years. ******** Transferring work to India is a critical part of the strategy,” said Mr Kumar, one of the founders of the company. This comes within days of CBay acquiring a bankrupt clinical documentation firm Spheris in the US, which, in turn, has increased CBay’s reve ...