A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I may accept a position with TransTech. - sm

Posted: Jun 23, 2012

I've been offered a position with TransTech.  Would anyone please give me their opinions of the company.  I was told they charge $9 to use their equipment, but I will use my own computer but will have to use their foot pedal.  Wouldn't it better to just buy my own foot pedal then I'd always have it instead of them charging every payday.  I don't even know what they cost but will look into that.  Also I'm concerned about the required line count.  I believe its about 187 lines per hour averaged over a pay period.  Isn't that really really hard to achieve?  But I was told my set hours but if I wanted to jump on and work awhile, no problem, don't have to ask, and I think I'd be doing that a lot just to reach that lines per hour goal.  Any other information from you, I'd surely appreciate it.  Thanks.

think again - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Better think again. I have only been there a short time, but the majority of time even with 2 accounts,I run out of work every day. I have never gotten 1500 lines per day. There is never enough work. I work 2nd shift and there still is not enough. Today I have had 87 lines. The most work I ever get is 1100-1200 lines because of no work. I was told when they hired me, they only run out like most companies around the holidays. They send an email every week asking when on the weekend are we going to make up our lines. What a joke. How can you make up work when there isn't any. As far as equipment, I use my own. The footpedal is around $100.

Incorrect information about TT - Ex-TT

[ In Reply To ..]
I would first be asking the company all of the questions you are asking here. If you have been offered a position, didn't you ask first what the line requirement was? I also saw the very same question asked recently about the company, and I find it hard to believe if you were offered a job that you would not ask about the line rate, and requirements?? You cannot just jump on and work anytime you want, you have to have permission first, unless you work part-time. Also, they usually ask if they need help and if you are caught up on your lines then you can participate in working overtime and getting paid overtime wages. I wish you luck, but there is usually not that much work at times, which is why many MTs have had to leave..and it is hard to make the line count.

why does your post contradict cider's post? nm - re OT and jumping on? just wondering

[ In Reply To ..]

mistaken - cider

[ In Reply To ..]
She is simply mistaken and her ego is answering the questions. The recruiter told what I verified. Just trying to help. I am not arguing. Someone always makes things hateful. Best wishes in what you decide!
Oh, I wasn't the OP, just was wondering if one - of you might clarify. TY :-) NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Cypress Medical - Did Anyone Accept A Position?
Jul 25, 2012

Did anyone accept a position with the above after doing the 49-page file review and summarization.  I had a call from the gentleman last night but not at a good time, so he will call back this evening.  Curious as to whether or not their actual files are as disorganized as the test file.  If anyone accepted a position, can you share how it is going.  Thanks. ...

Anyone Else Accept A Job From Spheris Lately?
Mar 16, 2010

I know they are going through a transition, but I accepted--I need a job. I just can't pass up their training program. As far as any upcoming changes, I will deal with it as it comes. ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

VR Do Not Accept 3 Cents!!! People
Dec 03, 2009

MTs out there..do not accept a job for VR on 3 cents a line. These companies are trying to rake you over the coals!   The benchmark was set by Escription at 4 cents a line when they came out with the software and now these companies are trying to lower the bar!!  Do not accept this!  These are the companies that offered 7 cents a line for straight typing instead of 9 or 10.  ...

Any Companies Out There That Accept Satellite 'net?
Mar 23, 2010

I'm in a rural area in the Midwest and currently have satellite Internet.  Seems like all the services are requiring DSL, which isn't available here.  I don't even know if wireless is an option.  Anyone know of service(s) needing experienced (20+ years) MTs?  Keep in mind, though, that I do want to be paid for the work.  :o)  I currently work as an IC and prefer no specified schedule so that I am able to work around my family members' m ...

Do Most Big Companies Accept Windows 7 Now, And
Jul 06, 2013

I'm job hunting after a couple of years off. When I left, many companies (including, I believe, Nuance and M-Modal) would not accept Windows 7, which is what I have.  I hope that has changed.  I don't want to downgrade to XP and I sure as h*ll don't want Windows 8. ...

Does Synernet Accept Satelite
Jul 29, 2013

I just found out our new home doesnt have dsl or Uverse compatibility and i am to start work on august 5th with synernetand the only other thing that can be done is satelite.  ...

So....don't Accept It! I Don't Work For Nuance But
Dec 01, 2014

I suppose I could any day now if they decide to acquisition my company, but I would refuse this kind of pay formula and would look for another job ASAP.  If the en masse won't work for this minimum wage (sounds like), they will have to change it, but I suppose they could send it all to India.  Wonder what the clients would say about that?  They can only do what the industry will allow them to do in my opinion. For all naysayers, I have worked for a service that was bought ou ...

What Is The Lowest Line Rate You Are Willing To Accept As An IC? Sm
Dec 15, 2009

I just applied for a job, aced the test, and have 18+ years experience.  I was offered .06 cpl to start, but will be "generously" bumped up to a whopping .07 cpl once I've proved myself.  I have never, ever been offered anything lower than .08 cpl in my entire career.  I did make 7.75 cpl one, but that was 15 years ago, working for the Q on a simple ER account with templates out the ying yang. I really feel insulted here.  Good grief... I would really appreciate some in ...

Ever Known A Company To Not Accept OEM Microsoft Versions?
Jul 03, 2010

I want to buy an OEM version of Microsoft Office on Ebay, but I'm hesitant because I'm worried it won't be compatible with my company's software. I asked my company, of course, but it will be a wait because it's the weekend. I just wanted to see if any of you have ever come across a company that did not accept the OEM version of Microsoft Word or Office. Thanks! ...

Opinions Please-- Would You Accept A Lower Cpl Over A Higher
Nov 12, 2012

7 cpl job has BCBS about 53.00 per pp, dental 4.00 per pp. Employer pays for short term and long term disability, and they pay your life insurance at 2 times your pay. They offer about 28 paid PTO days per year, 8 holidays a year of which you have to work at least 2, profit sharing if company has increased profits for the year, plus 401K where they will deposit 3%, plus match 50 cents on the dollar up to 8%. They provide equipment. Very easy and transcription friendly software program, pay ...

I REFUSE TO ACCEPT 7 TO 8 CPL WITH 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE-IT IS AN INSULT TO ME
Aug 11, 2010

I have been testing all week. Some companies will not even discuss pay until you take their tests. Then, I waste my time taking these tests only to be offered 7 and 8 cpl. It is absolutely offensive to me to offer me that low pay. You want all of my years of experience, but only want to pay "newbie" rates. I am completely and wholeheartedly giving up on this profession. ...

Now Told Cannot Accept Anymore Christmas Or New Year's Off... Sm
Nov 18, 2010

Okay, I am a lonnnnggg time MT/ME with Q for almost 18 years.  Historically I have ALWAYS taken New Year's holiday and worked Tgiving and Christmas every year.  (most of the time NJA anyway).   What gets me is that I asked 3 months ago for the dates Dec 30, 31 and Jan 1.  Now Fri and Sat are my days off anyway (work 2 hours Fri), so I said I would work Mon and Wed before these days to make up.   Now we get the message no more PTO, even New Year.   ...

Not Happy! Nothing New With Low To No Work This Week For My Acct, I Get That And Accept It (sm)
Dec 29, 2010

and I know it's temporary.  My problem is that the company I work for requires a daily line count and expects us to work around our schedules and do anything we can to get those lines in.  Usually not a problem.  But this week is a holiday week and my husband and kids are home, and we scheduled things to do alone as well as with other family members and friends, so when my shift is over it has to be over.  Christmas Eve/Christmas morning, yesterday, and it looks like tod ...

Superior Global Solutions...do They Accept Satellite?
Mar 28, 2012

Trying to find companies besides M*Modal who allow satellite internet.  I currently work at Transcend and I can use it there BUT Nuance bought them out and eventually the account will go to Nuance's platform, and Nuance does not allow satellite.  So I am trying to prepare ahead of time.  Does Superior Global allow satellite?  ...

Minimum Commitment That Spheris Will Accept For Part-time? 
Jan 21, 2010

Can anyone tell me the minimum commitment that Spheris will accept for part-time?  ...

Position
Oct 13, 2009

The patient appears to not feel very well, in a semi-tholic position? on the table. ...

To Those Doing The MT/MME Position
Jan 15, 2010

I know from previous posts on here that that job isn't the big thing MQ was making it out to be (horrible editing pay, etc).  BUT...do you guys at least have work to do, whether it is typing or editing?  I am just an MT and I run out of work daily.  If I had become an MME as well, would I have at least been making a little money, or are you guys running out of work too, no matter what? Thanks. ...

ICs, Would You Take A Position For 7 Cpl
Jun 17, 2010

Is that worth the added expenses of being an IC? ...

Does This Put Me In A Bad Position?
Jan 06, 2011

I just wrote a very long post, but decided to minimalize it because I feel very on edge with my company and I'm doing the absolute best I can. If you know the hospital that hired your company is not happy with the work that is being produced, and you are able to see glaring errors in other people's work, would you say something to management or keep it to yourself? This is MY job too, and if the errors continue I am afraid the hospital will go elsewhere, meaning my job is gone as wel ...

What Does IC Position Mean?
Sep 23, 2011

I saw this in some of the job seeker's posts...what does it mean? ...

9:30 Position?
Oct 24, 2011

Dictating about a woman with a mass on her breast.   "...she returned for an ultrasound which showed at the s/l 9:30 position approximately 2 cm from the nipple was a 2.1 x 1.7 x 2.3 cm mass that was seen on ultrasound."   9 0'clock position...okay, but 9:30? ...

Saw Ad For Position With MQ
Nov 22, 2011

Base Pay : $30,000 - $50,000 /Year Employee Type : Full-Time/Part-Time. Industry :Healthcare - Health Services. Join a Corporate Team with Corporate Values! MedQuist's values of Customer Focus, Commitment, Teamwork and Integrity provide the framework for everything we do as an organization. ...

MME Position
Apr 03, 2012

Are there any MMEs out there who regret having become an MME? And if you become an MME, are you able to go back to just MT status if you decide you do not like it? I am trying to understand how this is considered a pay boost and if it is worth testing for. Did you see a significant increase in pay, a slight increase, no increase at all, or did you actually lose money? Thanks. ...

QA Position?
Jun 12, 2014

Hi, Can somebody kindly let me know if any company is hiring for QA? I have 5 years exp in QA and 3 in MT. Ever since the smaller company I work for was purchased by Nuance my position has gone to bleep. It took a few months but week after week there was a change for the worst and now I am about out of work. Thanks for any help! ...

POC Position?
Mar 09, 2015

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has heard anything back on the POC positions?  I have written the contact on that at least half a dozen times and so far just ignored!!!  I was just wondering if I am the only one or if I just got lost on the wayside half a dozen times...  Thanks!  ...

I Just Saw An Add For An Inhouse MT Position....
Dec 15, 2009

and the pay is $10 - $14 an hour, depending on experience.   Are you kidding me???  ...

Does This Sound Like An IC Position To You?
Jan 26, 2010

The following nasty gram was sent to all independent contractors from the company owner.  I'm just curious to know . . . how many ICs treated like this? Hi everyone - I wanted to touch base with all of you immediately, as we have a very serious problem.  Aside from a very few MTs who have notified us in advance that they would be out, we have many MTs who are not working their agreed upon shift and it has put us in a serious hole.  If there is work in your pool for the physi ...

Considering A Position With KeyStrokes
Jan 29, 2010

Considering a position with KeyStrokes.  However, I'm wondering how QA is with grammar the stuff.  I'm getting QA'd to death where I'm at now.  I'll change things according to how QA says it should be, but the next time it's still not right.......one time it's use a semi-colon, next time it's put in a comma, next time it's start a whole new sentence, etc., etc.  I'm pulling my hair out!  I'm getting so tired of changing things only t ...

New MT Finding Position
Jul 01, 2010

I am a current student at the MSU of Technology.  I am currently looking for a position in Medical Transcription or Medical Billing.  I am very fustrated.  PLEASE HELP!! ...