A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

aside from the lousy ASR, is the sound getting worse or - cmk

Posted: Mar 08, 2012

is the doctors?  I have had a terrible time lately hearing/understanding them no matter what adjustments I make to tone, speed, etc.  

Cant hear first 3 jobs of today.... - OMG

[ In Reply To ..]
Ok, they are foreigners, but I have a pretty good ear and today is starting out horrendous for the sound!!!

What the heck happened?

thank God its not me!!! - thought it was my internet connection

[ In Reply To ..]
x

worse sound - fedup

[ In Reply To ..]
Most of them sound like they're in a tin can or have a lot of static. Glad I'm not the only one!

Whew...I thought I was losing my hearing. I wonder - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
if that is a problem among MTs after years of living with headphones plugged in.

Similar Messages:

Could The Sound Quality Get Any Worse?
Nov 20, 2011

Is it just me or is the sound quality just getting worse and worse?  Distorted, static, background noise, on and on.  And these are doctors who used to be crystal clear.  I am adjusting the tone & jamming my headset onto my ears but that's a waste of time. Very frustrating.  Just my gripe o' the day. ...

Is The Sound Quality Much Worse
Feb 15, 2012

or is it just me? Static, low volume, horrible! ...

Wow, These Companies Are Getting Worse And Worse Regarding Testing...sm
Sep 01, 2010

This company's written test says that I can't use any references, but based on the questions they're asking, I'd have to be a doctor to be able to answer them!  So am I to assume that I can't use references when I work either?  So sick of jumping through hoops for these companies... ...

The Audio Seems Like It Is Getting Worse And Worse
Dec 03, 2013

on Fluency.   I have had problems with it all day.   ...

Lousy Paycheck
Apr 24, 2010

this is  the second time my check was waaaay low than what I usually receive.  I don't know what is going on.  I know with each payperiod I decided to spend a considerable amount of time looking up old reports because they cut too much into my production.  I thought last payperiod I maybe did it 3 times.  I have decided to only use it once or none at all.when I double check to make sure none are going to QA it looks correct as it says zero submission rate. ...

My Lousy Paycheck
Jul 31, 2010

Just wanted to say that I just looked at my bank account as I got pad yesterday.  What a nightmare.  I will have a horrible weekend now because of that.  Last year I made $13,000 for the year with MT, down from $26,000 the year before, and down from $40,000 back in the good old days.  My income for this year will probably go before $13,000 for my taxes.  My check was $682 for 2 weeks and that was with having work most of the time.  And they have not taken out for me ...

First Job Of The Shift: A Lousy 40 Sec Job And Now
Jan 20, 2013

This so sucks ...

Does Anyone Else Have The ONE Lousy Dictator
Jun 20, 2015

resign yourself to getting minimum wage or close for that pay period, especially when said dictator dictates a long string of reports and you seem to get them ALL?    Ugh.  You don't know how bad I just want to QUIT right this second.  ...

Anybody Else Ever Listened To The Same Lousy Dictator
Jul 12, 2010

until they were to the point of tears or even in tears.  I have had the same dictator over and over for the last 1/1-2 hours who sounds like she has the microphone in her mouth.  I don't know how much more I can take of this.  Unfortunately, the next account I know I have to go into is back-to-back of the same ESL who hasn't mastered the English language and dictates at the speed of light.  Sorry, just had to vent.  I'm just about ready to pull my hair out ...

Can And Should Lousy Credit Prevent Someone From Getting An MT Job?
Jan 27, 2011

If someone has lousy credit, why would this matter for an MT position?  Maybe there are extenuating circumstances why their credit isn't good, like loss of previous job, death in the family or other emergencies.  ...

Totally Worthless Lousy CPs
Jul 21, 2011

It would be so HELPFUL if the CPs were in any kind of uniform order with divided sections, maybe, so you would know where to look for the same info from CP to CP. ...

Lousy Dictating Doctor
Sep 01, 2012

Why do we get berated when the doctor is known to be a mumbler and you know he knows what he is doing? This guy CONSTANTLY has blanks in his reports, no accent, no excuse.  He's just lazy and doesn't care.  I wish there was a way of issuing fines for these doctors when they get these many blanks in their reports.  You'd think it would be some sort of legal issue since the reports are basically incomplete.  Just a thought. ...

Confused About This New Lousy Insurance
Nov 13, 2012

Okay, I'm totally confused now.  I received an email this morning saying the employee contributions were wrong, sorry for the concern or inconvience this caused.  I go to the benefits site, as suggested, and see they are now INCREASED to $99 biweekly for regular medical coverage instead of the initally posted cost of $69 biweekly.  If I was concerned then, what am I now?  Someone mentioned below the cost was $160 per month.  What the heck?  Are Transcend e ...

Lousy Dictators - Coughing, Hacking, Sneezing, And Sniffling
Dec 30, 2012

I am currently doing a dictation by a doctor who normally is not that bad, but today he is coughing, hacking, sneezing, and sniffling to the point that he is nearly impossible to understand.  Doc, if you're that sick, you need to stay home and not make your patients any sicker.  Doesn't do me any good either having to try to make out what you're saying.  'Nuff said.  ...

Lousy Dictators - Crappy, Hard To Understand Dictators, Both ESL And English-speaking
May 17, 2014

Today I will make less than half of what I normally get because all I've gotten today are crappy, hard to understand dictators, both ESL and English-speaking.  Seems like all I get lately are the hard to understand, mush-mouth dictators.  Guess Nuance doesn't want their MTs making quota.  Sorry.  I just had to vent. ...

Is It Me Or Is ASR Just Getting Worse And Worse? Sm
Jun 26, 2010

I get really good dictators and the stupid machine screws up what is said and I am changing things all the time!  It is very frustrating and I should be getting more pay than I am because of this crap! ...

Which Is Worse?
Jul 27, 2010

Been sitting here a lot of the morning with NJA.  Then I finally get a 500+ second job and by George if it isn't a female resident who sounds like one of the Lollipop Guild from the Wizard of Oz.  I can't win anymore.  Let's see -- alcohol or drugs. . . . . . ...

Is It Me, Or Is DQS ASR Worse Every Day? (sm)
Sep 20, 2010

I thought this ASR crap was supposed to get better as it "learns" the doctors and their frequently-used phrases... didn't someone say that back in training? I'm talking about DSG in particular, but I know a lot of people use DQS ASR, so please bear with me. So, how come it now can't seem to get a single sentence without major corrections having to be done? I'm about ready to apply at McDonald's if this keeps up... my pay is about 1/3 of what it was when we did straight ...

Can It Really Get Worse?
Feb 14, 2011

I was terminated for reasons I won't go into here--after 9+ years at my last employer.  Thing is--I was looking anyway and informed potential employers that the company just was "no longer a good fit."  What finally tipped the balance was an e-mail we got a few months ago stating that after an MT had sent a certain percentage of reports to editing for comprehension issues, for instance, they would be penalized 0.03 cpl for doing so! Assuming this is legal, IMO, it's immoral ...

It Keeps Getting Worse
Feb 14, 2011

Now MTSO are offering 7 cents a line transcription and 3 cents editing??  When are we experienced MTs going to say enough is enough.  8 cents and 4 cents was bad enough, guess this is what they will try and get away with. ...

Worse Than Having No Job???
May 02, 2011

Hello all,I've been reading your messages regarding MedQuist and I'm a little confused about something. I see that most people are complaining about how horrible they are to work for, but what I'm wondering is, isn't working for them better than not having a job at all? I have only a little experience and am having a very difficult time finding work. I have been contacted by MedQuist and all of this talk makes me nervous. I am in dire need of a job though, so I'm thinkin ...

And It Gets Worse....
Oct 12, 2011

Had not heard of this before. Now it is automated dictation.  You know how the national weather service bulletins are computer generated voices, chopping and mispronouncing words, monotone, etc.?  Just got a call from a fellow MTE who is transcribing this type of dictation.  Very difficult.  I am disgusted.  All this technology has done is add steps to to accomplish a very simple job.  When I started in a doctor's office 30 years ago, we typed the dictation, pl ...

How Much Worse Can This ASR Get?
Jan 24, 2012

Dictator: The patient has a history of rheumatoid arthritis. ASR: The patient does have prior history of 12/11.   SERIOUSLY!!! ...

This Just Keeps Getting Worse
Apr 08, 2012

Dr dictates:  Levothyroxine ASR:  We both.  I are ox and Ludicrous! ...

Is It Really That Much Worse Than MM?
Feb 21, 2013

I really, really need another PT job right now, already work at MM, but am really getting close to broke.  I have looked and am still looking for other non-MT jobs, but need extra money now.   I just look at it as temporary.  I can do anything temporarily until I find something else.  Is it really that bad?  I read about the bad QA and FIESA.  I live in Ca, so IC is out of the question.  I guess I am just hoping part time will not be so stressful.&nbs ...

NJA-Seems A Whole Lot Worse
Jun 20, 2013

than before! ...

Does Anyone Else Do Worse When...
Mar 28, 2014

Like when you start a job and are on 100% QA. I am so nervous that I am missing so much that I shouldn't be missing.  A lot of it is having to learn a new platform and new dictators all at the same time.  For the first couple of days after their tech installed programs on my PC they were giving me instructions and the programs weren't working.  They had a different tech look at my PC and one of the programs wasn't even installed.  It seems like takes forever t ...

Why This Job Keeps On Getting Worse
Jun 11, 2014

The promise of the information age was as shiny as a brand new penny:  The availability of INFORMATION would make life better because we would have ready access to RELEVANT INFORMATION that would allow us to make INFORMED DECISIONS. Well, that promise assumes that people SHARE the information that they have, and hopefully do it in an honest and objective way. MT?  Ummm...Not so much.  I'm sick of this:  "I work for a great company that has a good platform, pays well an ...

Just When You Think MM ASR Can't Get Any Worse
May 01, 2015

Dictated:  Family history reviewed and noncontributory to his illness. SR:  Reviewed and noncontributory to her buttocks.   Got a good giggle on an otherwise horrible day! ...

ASR Suddenly MUCH Worse!!!
Nov 27, 2010

Has anyone noticed that fairly suddenly ASR recognition has gotten much worse.  I know it was pretty bad before, but now I've noticed that even with the clear dictators where in the past the ASR recognition was okay, it's now HORRIBLE.  Weren't we promised the ASR would get BETTER with time.  Didn't they LOWER our pay when they said it got better before.  So, wouldn't it only be fair to move the pay back UP now that it is so horriible and NOT improvin ...