A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone else have the ONE lousy dictator - who is so bad you just

Posted: Jun 20, 2015

resign yourself to getting minimum wage or close for that pay period, especially when said dictator dictates a long string of reports and you seem to get them ALL?    Ugh.  You don't know how bad I just want to QUIT right this second. 

Bad dictators - Another MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't have one, but several dictators, and I am lucky to have 1 or 2 good dictators per an 8-hour shift. They say to keep your QA score down try not to send in reports for correction. I have many reports that go to QA every night, and I don't have 1 night that I can go without sending some of my reports to QA. The dictators are generally horrible. I have a lot of experience, and this is the first job that I have had where I want to pull my hair out every night. This really is very depressing, and I don't see a solution to this problem.

Solution to the problem....quit or get paid hourly. - val

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't drive yourself into depression over their crap.

Similar Messages:

Anybody Else Ever Listened To The Same Lousy Dictator
Jul 12, 2010

until they were to the point of tears or even in tears.  I have had the same dictator over and over for the last 1/1-2 hours who sounds like she has the microphone in her mouth.  I don't know how much more I can take of this.  Unfortunately, the next account I know I have to go into is back-to-back of the same ESL who hasn't mastered the English language and dictates at the speed of light.  Sorry, just had to vent.  I'm just about ready to pull my hair out ...

Lousy Paycheck
Apr 24, 2010

this is  the second time my check was waaaay low than what I usually receive.  I don't know what is going on.  I know with each payperiod I decided to spend a considerable amount of time looking up old reports because they cut too much into my production.  I thought last payperiod I maybe did it 3 times.  I have decided to only use it once or none at all.when I double check to make sure none are going to QA it looks correct as it says zero submission rate. ...

My Lousy Paycheck
Jul 31, 2010

Just wanted to say that I just looked at my bank account as I got pad yesterday.  What a nightmare.  I will have a horrible weekend now because of that.  Last year I made $13,000 for the year with MT, down from $26,000 the year before, and down from $40,000 back in the good old days.  My income for this year will probably go before $13,000 for my taxes.  My check was $682 for 2 weeks and that was with having work most of the time.  And they have not taken out for me ...

First Job Of The Shift: A Lousy 40 Sec Job And Now
Jan 20, 2013

This so sucks ...

Can And Should Lousy Credit Prevent Someone From Getting An MT Job?
Jan 27, 2011

If someone has lousy credit, why would this matter for an MT position?  Maybe there are extenuating circumstances why their credit isn't good, like loss of previous job, death in the family or other emergencies.  ...

Totally Worthless Lousy CPs
Jul 21, 2011

It would be so HELPFUL if the CPs were in any kind of uniform order with divided sections, maybe, so you would know where to look for the same info from CP to CP. ...

Aside From The Lousy ASR, Is The Sound Getting Worse Or
Mar 08, 2012

is the doctors?  I have had a terrible time lately hearing/understanding them no matter what adjustments I make to tone, speed, etc.   ...

Lousy Dictating Doctor
Sep 01, 2012

Why do we get berated when the doctor is known to be a mumbler and you know he knows what he is doing? This guy CONSTANTLY has blanks in his reports, no accent, no excuse.  He's just lazy and doesn't care.  I wish there was a way of issuing fines for these doctors when they get these many blanks in their reports.  You'd think it would be some sort of legal issue since the reports are basically incomplete.  Just a thought. ...

Confused About This New Lousy Insurance
Nov 13, 2012

Okay, I'm totally confused now.  I received an email this morning saying the employee contributions were wrong, sorry for the concern or inconvience this caused.  I go to the benefits site, as suggested, and see they are now INCREASED to $99 biweekly for regular medical coverage instead of the initally posted cost of $69 biweekly.  If I was concerned then, what am I now?  Someone mentioned below the cost was $160 per month.  What the heck?  Are Transcend e ...

Lousy Dictators - Coughing, Hacking, Sneezing, And Sniffling
Dec 30, 2012

I am currently doing a dictation by a doctor who normally is not that bad, but today he is coughing, hacking, sneezing, and sniffling to the point that he is nearly impossible to understand.  Doc, if you're that sick, you need to stay home and not make your patients any sicker.  Doesn't do me any good either having to try to make out what you're saying.  'Nuff said.  ...

Lousy Dictators - Crappy, Hard To Understand Dictators, Both ESL And English-speaking
May 17, 2014

Today I will make less than half of what I normally get because all I've gotten today are crappy, hard to understand dictators, both ESL and English-speaking.  Seems like all I get lately are the hard to understand, mush-mouth dictators.  Guess Nuance doesn't want their MTs making quota.  Sorry.  I just had to vent. ...

Get Away From Dictator
Dec 28, 2009

Does anybody know how long a report stays in our specific work pool?  I've done a break on a report hoping to get rid of it.  But it keeps showing back up.  I'm trying to make up some sick time, but I just can't understand this garble and have already spent way too much time trying to decipher it.  I've been checking on and off for the last 30 minutes and it keeps showing back up.  Help!!!! ...

Ever Had A Dictator So Bad.......
Apr 25, 2011

you wanted to quit mid shift?????  Sigh.  I had one of those yesterday.  Everytime I see his name come up in my cue I cringe!!!!  He is horrible.  Horrible accent.  I did notice though after doing about 3 or 4 of his reports, my ears becames "trained" on him and I get better with him as time went by.  But still, he is one that just makes my momentum (sp) drop drastically!  Just venting!!!  Thanks for letting me share. ...

Please Somebody Tell This Dictator
Apr 04, 2012

that he does NOT have to say "next sentence" before every sentence.  I'm looking at 16+ minutes of this.....I'm just sayin! ...

Help!!!! Dictator Wants You To Cancel
Dec 03, 2009

What do you do if you are typing on a document for 780 seconds and the dictator at the very end tells you to cancel this and erase everything because she already dictated it?  In all my years I was lucky enough not to get this until now.  I was thinking about sending it in anyway because I just spent all this time on it!!!! ...

This ASR Dictator Is Killing Me!
Dec 06, 2009

This doctor says "ah" inbetween just about every other word.  So I'm spending all my time in the ASR taking out a bunch of "a's"!!! Wouldn't normally ah vent, but I've ah had her a lot ah today! ...

I Clearly Hear The Dictator Say
Jan 26, 2010

Coumadin 30 mg per day. Now, I want to make sure I'm not dreaming here, but that is completely incorrect, right? Maybe I'm having a brain lapse (been an MT for 20 years) but I want to make sure my thinking is correct that this dosage would probably be lethal? I'm going to leave a blank for the dosage, but I just wanted to double check with my MT friends.  I have listened to it many times, and she is positively saying "30 mg per day."   TIA!! ...

Help With Labs/ESL Dictator
Mar 01, 2010

This is what it sounds like. "His WBC 11.48, and his 12.4 and 37.0 PT/PTT were normal." It seems like "PT/PTT were normal." Should be a sentence on its own, but then I'm not sure what the 12.4 and 37.0 lab values would be for. Grr... Any help would be greatly appreciated! ...

Dictator Speed
Mar 15, 2010

I am just curious as to what speed setting to most of you keep it on when doing ASR?  I try to keep mine between 8 and 9 unless it's an extremely slow dictator.  I would like to increase my line count, but I'm afraid if I  speed it up too much I might miss something. ...

I Can't Understand What The Dictator Is Saying
Apr 20, 2010

What do you do when you absolutely cannot understand what the dictator is saying and you work at home on your own.  Can you call the dictator?  Can you request to review the other medical records because chances are, the dictator is saying the same thing that appear on those records? ...

Jerk Dictator
Jun 14, 2010

ESL dictator with very thick accent states:  ...for antibiotic management.  NOT with antibiotic management.  Please learn to transcribe correctly.  Although it wasn't me who made the mistake, it was all I could do to not put in the QA note:  A female is SHE and male is HE and it is vomit not WOMIT, please learn to dictate correctly.  I so wish it was okay to put QA notes to the dictators. ...

Yawning Dictator
Jun 17, 2010

This ANP who is dictating can't make up her mind what she wants to say and constantly corrects herself and then keeps yawning, but doesn't stop the recording or even stop speaking while she's yawning.  It's annoying me PLUS it's making me sleepy now myself. More coffee, please!!!! ...

Dictator Spelled F U B L A R.
Jun 24, 2010

Hemostasis was maintained with a bipolar and fublar.  Dictator spelled FUBLAR, but pronounced as FIBiLAR, or more accurately, FIB-YOU-LAIR.   ...

Dictator Pet Peeve
Oct 12, 2010

I know this is petty, but for some reason, it grates on my nerves to hear:  blah, blah Period space space.   Or Colon space space enter.  I mean, please, are we considered that incompentent?  but on the other end of the spectrum we have those that don't say any punctuation, which is absolutely fine, but a pause would be nice.  It's not necessary to dictate a whole report in one breath. ...

Ever Wish You Could Call An ESL Dictator
Oct 30, 2010

on the phone to correct their grammer? I have this one who always says "chynosis" for cyanosis and "catheterism" for catheterization.  It was funny at first, but now very irritating!  Thanks for the vent. ...

Dictator Leaves Off Mg
Jan 23, 2011

What is the rule on filling in mg or mcg, etc., if the dictator just says "Lasix 20."  (if the account is not verbatim, should this always be filled in by the transcriptionist?) Thanks! ...

Sleepy Dictator
Mar 26, 2011

Just need to vent about my ESL doc who decided at 11 last night he needed to dictate all of his H&Ps for the week.  He's not very good at his best but his yawning is giving me tons of blanks and it drives me crazy not being able to get it, so have to listen 20 times to try to get one extra word, which of course takes much longer than his 5 minutes of dictation should require!  Really wish he would pick a weekday to talk since I only do weekends for this hospital! ...

Help Please With Russian Dictator ....
Dec 23, 2011

Dictated ... "EGD that allowed chronic GERD, with small total chronic S/L destoration"   I have tried to hear chronic ulceration but that is not it. Does anyone else have a clue, please?   Thanks in advance! ...

Is There Any Dictator Who Can Use The Phrase
Dec 25, 2011

I really don't think any of them know what it means.  It's been getting under my skin lately. ...

Ortho Help Please...bad Dictator
Feb 11, 2012

Mumbly dictator First he clearly dictates a drop-fem test of which I am dumbfounded. As well as on an imaging report post total hip arthroplasty he dictated what sounds like he is stating.." Vasser clause wires are in place from previous surgery" Is there such a thing...have checked all my books, and online to no avail. Any ideas? I think my ears are beginning to tune this guy out, he is awful! Thanks in advance!! ...