A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Confused about this new lousy insurance - Transcender

Posted: Nov 13, 2012

Okay, I'm totally confused now.  I received an email this morning saying the employee contributions were wrong, sorry for the concern or inconvience this caused.  I go to the benefits site, as suggested, and see they are now INCREASED to $99 biweekly for regular medical coverage instead of the initally posted cost of $69 biweekly.  If I was concerned then, what am I now?  Someone mentioned below the cost was $160 per month.  What the heck?  Are Transcend employees and Nuance employees getting different plans and different rates?  This is outrageous.  What the heck is wrong with this company?  I assume they don't realize that insurance coverage is important to many employees and a "little" mistake in stating the employee contributions incorrectly was not a big deal.  Someone help me out here.  What's the deal?

I thought it was 160 out of each paycheck? nm - Confused too!

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Now I'm REALLY confused - Transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh good grief,now I'm really confused. The site for me states the BC high plan health coverage to be $98 biweekly for the employee contribution, employee only. What are you seeing?

to those of you confused, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
the correction email did give an email address AND a phone number if you have any questions or problems. why not try that? I agree, they did treat it as a minor problem (NOT) and also had a long (5-day) lapse between the original and correction email. Not real encouraging. If you anticipate not being with this company long-term, might as well check into private insurance. A higher deductible gets you a lower premium.

I just watched the recorded webinar and - unless I totally missed something

[ In Reply To ..]
here's what I got out of it.

It did take me a while to figure out, on the website, which link was which as far as the details of the 2 plans. The higher cost plan is called "High" and the other is called "HSA."

Both are high deductible plans, with pretty much identical coverage.

The only differences I could see on the chart comparing the nuts-and-bolts of the 2 plans are (a) whether or not the prescription drug copayment is subject to the deductible, and (b) whether or not out-of-network services go under the same deductible as in-network services.

The coinsurance for both plans is the same, in or out of network, i.e. they pay 75% and we pay 25%, once the deductible is met.

With the Aetna coverage we have had at Transcend for this past year, I learned the hard way that there are separate deductibles, and I am now facing a $400 out-of-network lab bill, despite having met my in-network deductible. Shame on me for not asking better questions ahead of time.

The one-person premium for the "high option PPO" plan is 79.13 every 2 weeks for a nonsmoker, and 94.96 every 2 weeks for a smoker.

The one-person premium for the "HDHP with HSA" plan is 46.35 every 2 weeks for a nonsmoker, and 55.62 every 2 weeks for a smoker.

I have been paying 78.00 twice a month for the Transcend insurance.

So, being a nonsmoker, if I choose the HDHP plan, my share of the premium will actually go down quite a bit.

And I checked online at Costco Pharmacy this morning--and the price of the 2 prescriptions I take is actually less at Costco than the mail-order pharmacy copayment has been through Aetna. Even if we weren't changing insurances, I would switch from mail order to Costco. No-brainer.

The dental insurance premium will increase by about 5 bucks, but the annual benefit maximum will be $1500 instead of $1000 as it has been. I have actually been spreading out my necessary dental procedures for the last couple of years (a lot of old onlays are failing, alas) and now I will be able to get at least one more restoration done in a calendar year than before.

The vision insurance share will go down about half a dollar.

For the health plans, from where I'm sitting, the only reasons for choosing the higher-cost plan would be if you take a boatload of really expensive prescription drugs, and if most of the providers in your area are out of network.

What did everybody else get out of this?

Health ins/HSA - JustMe

[ In Reply To ..]
HSA, I believe is a health/flexible spending account and not insurance. I could be wrong.

Well, they only show 2 plans on the website - one is PPO and one is not

[ In Reply To ..]
In the webinar, it says we can choose from 2 plans, and there are only 2 shown on the website. It also said that one plan was more expensive than the other.

So I can only conclude that since the information about the PPO indicates that it pays for prescription drugs regardless of deductible, and the other one with HSA in the name does not, the one with HSA in the name is indeed an insurance plan that includes the opportunity to participate in a HSA.

But... I do believe I will call in the morning and get it clarified!

I just emailed for clarification - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
I just sent the following to the e-mail address provided:

I watched the recorded webinar, and it very clearly said there are 2 available health plans to choose from, one of which costs more than the other.

Apparently there is some confusion about the less-expensive plan, referred to as the âHDHP with HSAâ on slide 9 of the webinar, but on the Benergy website it is apparently called âBlueCross BlueShield of Massachusetts â HSA.â

The confusion arises in that it is simply called âHSAâ on the Benergy website, apparently leading some to believe that this is ONLY a health savings account and not an insurance plan.

Please clarify; is âBlueCross BlueShield of Massachusetts â HSAâ as shown on the Benergy website indeed the less-expensive health plan option mentioned in the webinar? And that the every-2-weeks employee premium share for a nonsmoker listed as 46.35 is indeed what a person choosing this plan option will pay?
And I got a reply - s/m
[ In Reply To ..]
I'll try to paste the pertinent information here; but apparently my first reading was correct. Here's what they told me:

Plan Name: NTS/TRANCEND PPO Plan
Plan type: PPO
What it's called on the NTS benefits (Benergy) website: BCBSMA High Plan
What it's called on the BC/BS site: BlueCare Elect Preferred PPO Plan

The above is the more-expensive plan. Here's the other one:

Plan name: NTS/TRANSCEND HDHP Plan
Plan type: High Deductible Health Plan
What it's called on the NTS benefits (Benergy) website: BCBSMA HSA Plan
What it's called on the BC/BS site: BlueCare Elect Saver PPO Plan

That's the lower-priced plan.

Clear as mud? I thought so........

I got the same out of it and my cost would be as yours but - the biggest change is the

[ In Reply To ..]
fact that you have to meet the deductible now before your office copay kicks in. Under our current Aetna plan, you just pay your copay and that's that. I also found out the hard way when I had elective surgery this past year that my preadmission lab work was out of pocket and figured into the deductible. The coverage currently being offered is nowhere near what we have currently with Aetna. As a single person though I suppose it's not too awful to carry in case of something catastrophic.

I guess the 60 bucks saved per month on premiums - will help cover OVs

[ In Reply To ..]
Or, just don't go to the doctor unless (a) it's an emergency or (b) it's preventive care, which are both covered without regard to the deductible....

All well and good in theory, but then the flying fickle finger of fate factor kicks in and all bets are off.

I guess the next question to try and get answered will be what, exactly, constitutes "preventive care?" Would my yearly visits to the dermatologist to make sure nothing is turning into melanoma or something be preventive? How about the fun and games involved in the annual Pap smear? Inquiring minds need to know!

it is also for prescriptions - why have insurance

[ In Reply To ..]
I just found out that you also have to meet the $2500 deductible before any of your medications are covered, so basically what I would have normally paid $15.00 for is now $175.00 until I reach $2500.....shoot me now.

Similar Messages:

Lousy Paycheck
Apr 24, 2010

this is  the second time my check was waaaay low than what I usually receive.  I don't know what is going on.  I know with each payperiod I decided to spend a considerable amount of time looking up old reports because they cut too much into my production.  I thought last payperiod I maybe did it 3 times.  I have decided to only use it once or none at all.when I double check to make sure none are going to QA it looks correct as it says zero submission rate. ...

My Lousy Paycheck
Jul 31, 2010

Just wanted to say that I just looked at my bank account as I got pad yesterday.  What a nightmare.  I will have a horrible weekend now because of that.  Last year I made $13,000 for the year with MT, down from $26,000 the year before, and down from $40,000 back in the good old days.  My income for this year will probably go before $13,000 for my taxes.  My check was $682 for 2 weeks and that was with having work most of the time.  And they have not taken out for me ...

First Job Of The Shift: A Lousy 40 Sec Job And Now
Jan 20, 2013

This so sucks ...

Does Anyone Else Have The ONE Lousy Dictator
Jun 20, 2015

resign yourself to getting minimum wage or close for that pay period, especially when said dictator dictates a long string of reports and you seem to get them ALL?    Ugh.  You don't know how bad I just want to QUIT right this second.  ...

Anybody Else Ever Listened To The Same Lousy Dictator
Jul 12, 2010

until they were to the point of tears or even in tears.  I have had the same dictator over and over for the last 1/1-2 hours who sounds like she has the microphone in her mouth.  I don't know how much more I can take of this.  Unfortunately, the next account I know I have to go into is back-to-back of the same ESL who hasn't mastered the English language and dictates at the speed of light.  Sorry, just had to vent.  I'm just about ready to pull my hair out ...

Can And Should Lousy Credit Prevent Someone From Getting An MT Job?
Jan 27, 2011

If someone has lousy credit, why would this matter for an MT position?  Maybe there are extenuating circumstances why their credit isn't good, like loss of previous job, death in the family or other emergencies.  ...

Totally Worthless Lousy CPs
Jul 21, 2011

It would be so HELPFUL if the CPs were in any kind of uniform order with divided sections, maybe, so you would know where to look for the same info from CP to CP. ...

Aside From The Lousy ASR, Is The Sound Getting Worse Or
Mar 08, 2012

is the doctors?  I have had a terrible time lately hearing/understanding them no matter what adjustments I make to tone, speed, etc.   ...

Lousy Dictating Doctor
Sep 01, 2012

Why do we get berated when the doctor is known to be a mumbler and you know he knows what he is doing? This guy CONSTANTLY has blanks in his reports, no accent, no excuse.  He's just lazy and doesn't care.  I wish there was a way of issuing fines for these doctors when they get these many blanks in their reports.  You'd think it would be some sort of legal issue since the reports are basically incomplete.  Just a thought. ...

Lousy Dictators - Coughing, Hacking, Sneezing, And Sniffling
Dec 30, 2012

I am currently doing a dictation by a doctor who normally is not that bad, but today he is coughing, hacking, sneezing, and sniffling to the point that he is nearly impossible to understand.  Doc, if you're that sick, you need to stay home and not make your patients any sicker.  Doesn't do me any good either having to try to make out what you're saying.  'Nuff said.  ...

Lousy Dictators - Crappy, Hard To Understand Dictators, Both ESL And English-speaking
May 17, 2014

Today I will make less than half of what I normally get because all I've gotten today are crappy, hard to understand dictators, both ESL and English-speaking.  Seems like all I get lately are the hard to understand, mush-mouth dictators.  Guess Nuance doesn't want their MTs making quota.  Sorry.  I just had to vent. ...

Insurance Question. If I Sign Up For Insurance Sm
Apr 15, 2010

and family member wishes to join later, can I enroll at any time or must it be during "official" enrollment period?    Thank you.  ...

Landmark Insurance - Insurance Cards Yet?
Jan 13, 2011

Has anybody received their insurance cards yet? ...

Landmark Insurance - What Is Happening With Our Insurance?
Jan 24, 2011

What do other LMers think of what is happening with our insurance?  I am the head of our household and am worried.  What do we do when COBRA runs out? ...

I'M SOO CONFUSED!
Oct 26, 2009

Certainly nothing new to be confused over QA, but this one is really confusing me.  Perhaps I missed the memo.  I had mL changed to cc by QA.  Yes, dictator stated cc, but I surely do remember being told to use mL instead so why was it changed to cc....not sure.  The other change was 12 mm changed to 12-mm.  Confused by this one as well.....that's my typing vent for the day!  Thanks for listening : ) ...

Help! I Am Confused
Dec 01, 2009

I am not sure if I should ask on this board or not.  I have read the chatter back and forth and .... oh my!  I am still in school at Allied (not sure if it is considered a good school or not), but I am very confused about formating.  I am sure in the real world the company that employs you will give you what format to use.  However, in school I am suppose to know.  Enough rambling!  What I am confused about is the subheadings.  As I transcribe the various pract ...

Now I Am Really Confused
Mar 09, 2010

......who underwent open carpal tunnel surgery closed with 4 nylon sutures. This is what was dictated. every place I look has it 4-0. what do I type? I'm stumped. ...

Really Really Confused
Apr 03, 2011

I read on this forum that Keystrokes pays well.....I was offered a position with them doing Radiology and they only wanted to pay me $1.00 per report.  That is crappy!!!!  Is this what KS MTs consider good?  If so, your being short changed.  I was so excited when I got that email, then I read further.....sad!  ...

I Get Confused With This
Jun 08, 2011

I do not know why but I get confused about this.  Is it:  "The patient will be seen on consult" or "in consult." ...

I Seem To Be Confused!
Aug 16, 2011

I was hired as a PART TIME IC so could someone please explain to me how being required to work 8-5 mon-fri is part time IC?!!! I mean, I thought IC was working when you want to not set schedule and 8-5 does not seem part time to me!! Some MTSOs are incredible!!! Just wanted to vent! ...

Confused About Something
Sep 08, 2011

How much is the pay per line supposed to be for a tier 3 MT at MQ? I just can't figure it out and don't know where to find it. Thanks. ...

NJA --- I Am So Confused
Dec 27, 2011

OK I get NJA, change Schedule Source to work availability, then I get a job 10 minutes into it, now what?  I know I don't get paid for 10 minutes of NJA/work availability.  Clock out and back in under production?  Will I get in trouble for the 10 minutes of work availability?  Then if I get NJA again, clock back out of production and back into work availability and SEE if it goes the full 15 minutes???????????  I need a tutorial on this I guess.  Any suggestion ...

Thanks For All The Help, But I Am Still Confused
Dec 29, 2011

the posters were as well.  You have to punch out of production to change to "work availability" and I was under the impression you can't type while in "work availability" so you have to clock out and back in under "production" if you get a job during that 15 minute wait period.  I am in agreement that it is ridiculous, but if I think the whole day is going to be slow I just want to wait the required 15 minutes and be RELEASED for the rest of my shift, however, it is so confu ...

I Am So Confused
Feb 08, 2012

I just took an online test and I found it rather easy and they said I didn't pass and then suggested more training.  WTH??!!  I have over 20 years experience and maintain a 99% QA.  There is no way I didn't pass that.  I could see if I thought it was hard but I even double checked my answers even if I knew they were right.  Anyone else ever have this happen? ...

Anyone Else At AP Confused About The Pay?
Sep 26, 2012

nm ...

Confused Over Which Job To Take
Jul 24, 2013

Would you take an insurance transcription job at WorldWide Transcription that pays .06 per line, has lots of work, and offers a M-F schedule.  The only con I can find is that they mail paper checks, instead of direct deposit.  Or would you take a transcription job with Integrity HD.  I am not sure the line pay yet, but was contacted by a recruiter today?  Thanks and please do not be nasty.  :)  ...

Any New MT's Confused?
Apr 02, 2014

I started a few months ago.  Is anyone else confused by the lingo?  Also on this account there are so many pages of specifics I am feeling incompetent and the specifics have changed 3 times so far. ...

Confused By What I'm Seeing!
Apr 09, 2014

Why are all these entries lined through? ...

I Am Confused
Apr 30, 2014

I am just venting!!!  Somewhere along the line I guess I misunderstood the whole concept behind VR.  I have a real hard time understanding why a bunch of words, many that don't make any sense or even sound like what is dictated, in no type of formatting constitutes a report; VR dictation that needs to be restructured and pretty much retyped but yet I get paid less and required to do it faster than a real "typed" report.  My research on VR is #1 the dictator has to b ...

Confused
Oct 24, 2014

Does BayScribe only count the total time you're actually 'in' reports as the time that's weighed against your server time?  In other words, when you're logged into Bayscribe's main menu and not actually transcribing a report, those minutes aren't being added in, are they? I hope I'm not confusing you guys!  Thanks in advance for clearing this up for dense me!     ...