A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

First job of the shift: A lousy 40 sec job and now - NJA

Posted: Jan 20, 2013

This so sucks

work very low across the board - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Question about NJA and line/time requirements. - New Here

[ In Reply To ..]
If there is no work, how do you get in the required time/lines? If you do not, are your cut the PTO time earned for that pay period, even though there is no work to make it up outside your shift?

your PTO rate wont accrue - if you dont get in hours

[ In Reply To ..]
Need 24 for parttime and 39 for full time to accure PTO.

What a racket. Would be glad to if the work was there. - Time to start looking again. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

It is a holiday. Of course there is no work. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Lousy Paycheck
Apr 24, 2010

this is  the second time my check was waaaay low than what I usually receive.  I don't know what is going on.  I know with each payperiod I decided to spend a considerable amount of time looking up old reports because they cut too much into my production.  I thought last payperiod I maybe did it 3 times.  I have decided to only use it once or none at all.when I double check to make sure none are going to QA it looks correct as it says zero submission rate. ...

My Lousy Paycheck
Jul 31, 2010

Just wanted to say that I just looked at my bank account as I got pad yesterday.  What a nightmare.  I will have a horrible weekend now because of that.  Last year I made $13,000 for the year with MT, down from $26,000 the year before, and down from $40,000 back in the good old days.  My income for this year will probably go before $13,000 for my taxes.  My check was $682 for 2 weeks and that was with having work most of the time.  And they have not taken out for me ...

Does Anyone Else Have The ONE Lousy Dictator
Jun 20, 2015

resign yourself to getting minimum wage or close for that pay period, especially when said dictator dictates a long string of reports and you seem to get them ALL?    Ugh.  You don't know how bad I just want to QUIT right this second.  ...

Anybody Else Ever Listened To The Same Lousy Dictator
Jul 12, 2010

until they were to the point of tears or even in tears.  I have had the same dictator over and over for the last 1/1-2 hours who sounds like she has the microphone in her mouth.  I don't know how much more I can take of this.  Unfortunately, the next account I know I have to go into is back-to-back of the same ESL who hasn't mastered the English language and dictates at the speed of light.  Sorry, just had to vent.  I'm just about ready to pull my hair out ...

Can And Should Lousy Credit Prevent Someone From Getting An MT Job?
Jan 27, 2011

If someone has lousy credit, why would this matter for an MT position?  Maybe there are extenuating circumstances why their credit isn't good, like loss of previous job, death in the family or other emergencies.  ...

Totally Worthless Lousy CPs
Jul 21, 2011

It would be so HELPFUL if the CPs were in any kind of uniform order with divided sections, maybe, so you would know where to look for the same info from CP to CP. ...

Aside From The Lousy ASR, Is The Sound Getting Worse Or
Mar 08, 2012

is the doctors?  I have had a terrible time lately hearing/understanding them no matter what adjustments I make to tone, speed, etc.   ...

Lousy Dictating Doctor
Sep 01, 2012

Why do we get berated when the doctor is known to be a mumbler and you know he knows what he is doing? This guy CONSTANTLY has blanks in his reports, no accent, no excuse.  He's just lazy and doesn't care.  I wish there was a way of issuing fines for these doctors when they get these many blanks in their reports.  You'd think it would be some sort of legal issue since the reports are basically incomplete.  Just a thought. ...

Confused About This New Lousy Insurance
Nov 13, 2012

Okay, I'm totally confused now.  I received an email this morning saying the employee contributions were wrong, sorry for the concern or inconvience this caused.  I go to the benefits site, as suggested, and see they are now INCREASED to $99 biweekly for regular medical coverage instead of the initally posted cost of $69 biweekly.  If I was concerned then, what am I now?  Someone mentioned below the cost was $160 per month.  What the heck?  Are Transcend e ...

MModal Still Has Shift Differential For Night Shift?
Jul 01, 2013

can anyone tell me if MModal still has shift differential for night shift? I know they used to ...

Lousy Dictators - Coughing, Hacking, Sneezing, And Sniffling
Dec 30, 2012

I am currently doing a dictation by a doctor who normally is not that bad, but today he is coughing, hacking, sneezing, and sniffling to the point that he is nearly impossible to understand.  Doc, if you're that sick, you need to stay home and not make your patients any sicker.  Doesn't do me any good either having to try to make out what you're saying.  'Nuff said.  ...

How To Transition From Day Shift To Night Shift
Dec 08, 2013

I've been offered an in-house MT position that I am not passing up. It is night shift 10 pm to 6 am. I've never worked a night shift ever. How should I transition into working nights? Anyone have any tips for working this shift? ...

Lousy Dictators - Crappy, Hard To Understand Dictators, Both ESL And English-speaking
May 17, 2014

Today I will make less than half of what I normally get because all I've gotten today are crappy, hard to understand dictators, both ESL and English-speaking.  Seems like all I get lately are the hard to understand, mush-mouth dictators.  Guess Nuance doesn't want their MTs making quota.  Sorry.  I just had to vent. ...

Possible To Get FT Day Shift?
Oct 18, 2009

Thinking of going back FT and quitting my current day job, but it isn't always easy to get on days.   (I know the work flow tends to be spread out a little thinner day shift.)  ...

QA For 3 Cpl As An IC On 3rd Shift...
Dec 07, 2009

Saw the ad elsewhere.  Are these companies nuts?!  I hope nobody takes that pay.  That's equivalent to 1 cpl as an employee with benes FOR QA WORK!  I get so frustrated reading some of these ads with such horrible pay. ...

Third Shift
Dec 10, 2009

I was wondering if it's really worth it to work the 3rd shift?  Does the additional CPL really make that much of a difference.  Does the workload stay steadier during that time?  I've been offered a 3rd shift part-time job, but just don't know if it's worth revamping my entire day to work this late.  Would anybody working this shift let me know how it works out as far as sleep, daytime errands, etc.? ...

What Is First Shift, Second Shift, Etc.?
Dec 16, 2010

I see job ads for First Shift, Second Shift, etc., and modified shifts, and I am not sure exactly what periods of time these are.   I figure they are specific hours of the day - like day, swing, graveyard shifts - but what are the hours, generally? I have only worked as an IC with TAT.  I am considering applying for some of the employee status jobs but need to clarify what these shifts are. Thank you. ...

One Job On My Shift And OOW
Nov 20, 2012

I thought I just got booted but logged back in no jobs will load so this means OOW.. already.. I just logged on for my shift.. NOT GOOD AND NOT HAPPY!!!! I believe I am in the South region. ...

NJA Now For 2.5 Hrs Of My Shift. Still NJA. Wst
Feb 07, 2013

wage.  this is a dream job! ...

2nd Shift?
May 06, 2013

Would anyone happen to know which company has a 2nd shift besides MModal or Nuance?  I see a lot of ads for 1st or 3rd, but due to family obligations I need 2nd shift.  Straight typing or speech - MT or QA (have done both).  Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. ...

AD For 2nd And 3rd Shift MLS?????
Nov 20, 2013

Has anyone applied for these jobs?  She has had the ad for quite some time I see up there.  Does anyone know the name of the company?  I am looking for something part time, but don't know if I should even bother. ...

Which Do You Think Is The Best Shift
Jan 30, 2014

nm ...

Day Shift Possible Anywhere?
Dec 10, 2014

Totally unhappy with current company, but do love my shift.  Most jobs advertised are for 2nd and 3rd shift.  Anyone know of companies that would hire for very early morning or possible split shifts?  Too old at this time to think about trying night shift, but could do some evenings.  Don't mind weekends at all. Any info helpful.  TIA ...

Second-Shift MTs
Jan 07, 2015

I was just curious if there is any correalation between working 2nd shift and being unable to get to sleep at night? I have been having trouble sleeping lately and wondering if it could be due to the fact that I have been staying on later typing? Wondering if its making it harder for me to sleep because its taking so long for my brain to unwind? Anyone else have this problem? Advice appreciated. Thanks! ...

Pay/shift
Feb 19, 2015

Is there a shift that is better when working with Nuance?   ...

What Is A Split Shift? (nm)
Nov 28, 2009

x ...

Pay For 1 MME Shift With 90% ESL Dictators
Dec 20, 2009

About 1/3 of those 100% QA reports were done by ILPs.  Total average earnings per hour:  a little over 4 $, but  I will be paid at my state's minimum wage.  Before my in-house hospital job was outsourced to an MTSO that kept the work in the country for 2 years and then sent it to India, I was being paid 19 $ an hour and also had great benefits and PTO.   When did this "profession" turn into a minimum wage job ?  (actually, half of minimum wage if ...

Third Shift Employees
Feb 16, 2010

As I am getting no work during the day shift anymore, I have the chance to go third shift Sun-Thursday (11-7), either that or find a new job (yeh right), or do ASR (done it at this company, no thanks to returning there).  I have never worked that one before.  How/when do you sleep?  Any other pros/cons about this shift?  Thaniks your your advice.    ...

Question For Third Shift MTs...
Jun 14, 2010

I have been working third shift for about three months and am still having some trouble getting used to it.  My question is do you work your shift then go to sleep or do you stay up until later in the afternoon and then sleep until your shift starts.  I work a 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. and am trying to find the best way to be able to stay awake during my shift.  I do not drink coffee.  I have tried some of those energy drinks that are sugar free, which helped some, just now wond ...

Third Day In A Row Logging In For My Shift
Aug 25, 2010

I am in old SA3.  Is this happening elsewhere? ...