A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

You guys need to cut the crap. If there is no work consistently - then move on.

Posted: Nov 17, 2009

I've been in this business 30 plus years.  When my company dries up for whatever reason, or if I find myself unproductive.  I pack my grip and move on. Stop complaining if you're planning on staying there.  Get up off your behinds and search, research, put out applications, take the tests that are required.  Do I like going to the MTTEST site for every other company?  No, but I do it if that is the requirement.  Go ahead and flame on.

Here! Here! - Julie

[ In Reply To ..]
After rereading my post, this was just the type of message I had forgotten to put at the bottom of mine LOL. Kudos to you!

move on? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I do not think the ones who come here are "complaining" but find this a place to vent and share with others. When working from home, there is sometimes no one around who can understand the frustration so coming here is a good release for many.

I also hope management is watching these posts so they can see that we are not blind to their poor business ethics and many times get information prior to their dropping the ax on everyone.

Most MT/QA are looking and applying daily - it sometimes just takes a little time because you cannot leave a job without another one.

Take a chill pill -- if it bothers you then don't read the posts but then don't be surprised by what is waiting in your MQ future.

Have a blessed day.

Good points Anon - Julie

[ In Reply To ..]
Your points are well-taken Anon, and I didn't mean to give the impression I don't care. I do as I am in the same boat. But the negativity gets overwhelming at times.

As for not reading if we don't like it, that too is a valid point, but I do use this board to see if others are experiencing the same things I do.

However, I do not considering listing the same gripe over and over and venting, nor is it productive. We all understand and happily lend our ears and shoulders, but once is enough and we know what you (board readers in general) are saying.

Good point anon - oops

[ In Reply To ..]
I would only add that those of us who have our medical insurance through MQ have to take that into consideration in making a move. I am looking daily but am stressed because it means I will have to go 3 months w/out insurance. Can't afford COBRA. So "cut the crap" is pretty harsh, don't ya think?

complaints - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with the OP. The primary complaint here seems to be the lack of work. Why not then get a part-time job at another MTSO to supplement income. You'd build tenure there and then be able to possibly switch benefits without going without insurance if you choose to leave MQ.
Complaints - oops
[ In Reply To ..]
My problem actually is not NJA. My problem is 95% ASR. However, I have inquired with a company that was hiring about that. May still actually apply, and they have encouraged me to, but they said that is often a problem because first allegiance is to the f/t company.

Thanks for the advice though.
complaints - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I do not really see how ASR work is causing a drop in pay. It's very easy to get a lot of lines in with it. I alway get 3-4 times more lines with ASR than straight. As well, my ASR pay is always more than my straight ever was.

Good luck with new job searching.
Thanks - vtmt50
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for an encouraging post!

Moving on..... - Polka Dot

[ In Reply To ..]
I am the eternal optimist. I just kept hoping that things would get better. Finally, after a year of having basically no work except on weekends, I decided to look elsewhere. I am now happily employed FT with another company, but am keeping MQ part time for now. Good luck to us all!

Good Luck! - Julie

[ In Reply To ..]
Continued good luck and blessings to you and your family Polka Dot!

Thanks Julie!! nm - Polka Dot

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Moved on - tiredi n Oregon

[ In Reply To ..]
If you don't mind my asking, what company did you get work with? Do they have ASR? That is the real reason I want to stop MQ is the ASR pay has cut my check by greater than 50% since this time last year.

I've thought this same thing for a few months, as these complaints - have been going on over a year. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Ever think it might be a new batch of complainers, - not the same batch as last year?

[ In Reply To ..]
I personally know 3 people who were loud complainers here that have "moved on," so do you ever stop to think that this might be a new bunch of people who have fallen under the wrath of the Q and found a voice? If you are sick of reading it for the past year, maybe you should stay away from the Q board because I have a feeling it is only going to get worse! There are a bunch of new Q'lings being trained that in a year will have figured things out.

constant complainers - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've read posts where some of those constant complainers finally left. However, when the same rants are there over and over again, one must assume they are the same posters. Especially when posts include info about the OLD days at MQ and changes that have occurred in the past years.

I know that some posters change their nickname here but not all do. You can definitely see the same posters posting the same complaints, as well as bashing those who are happy at MQ.

ironic - irony

[ In Reply To ..]
Get off your behinds? That is a joke right? I won't even dignify the rest of it with a response.

irony - indeed

[ In Reply To ..]
and yet you have.

Brutal coworkers - Oops

[ In Reply To ..]
Been weighing my options. After reading these comments, I think whatever change I make I will continue to work at home. Based on these comments, I don't think I want to work side-by-side with many of you.

Until you are hit as hard as some of those who at least have a place to come vent, you really should not be harsh judges.

God willing, your day will not come, but if it does, I am sure you may understand a little bit more and maybe your sense of compassion may improve.

Merry Christmas indeed. It's not just the "complainers" on this board. I AM thankful to at least have a job. But I also am frustrated and find it helpful to communicate with others in the same boat.

Maybe it's good I have experienced some of the pain here at MQ so I don't put myself above others.

Still can't quite get past "cut the crap." Glad we are not in the same office for sure.
Not putting myself above others. Offering advice because - went through the same thing
[ In Reply To ..]
then I either found a part-time job to supplement, or left the position entirely to a better one. Complaints only breed more complaints, and this will become a never-ending cycle of complainers and complaints. Spread the cheer instead of the complaints. I am sure there is some good you all can say for MedQuist. Magnify the good and not the bad. Bless you all!

Similar Messages:

OK, What Do You Guys Do When You Consistently Run Out Of Work? Sm
Oct 26, 2011

This is getting crazy now.  I'm clocking in and out so many times in a day that I spend more time doing that than actually working.  I show up for my shift and am available to work my entire shift but with no work and no pay.  I've been trying UI in between running out of work but can't get through.  I need the money; please don't get wrong about that, BUT I also have other things going on and alot of it, and I don't have the time most days to make th ...

Sten-Tel -Work Available Consistently?
Jun 29, 2010

I am considering taking a position with Sten-Tel (based in Massachusetts). I want to work full time, but I am wondering if anyone knows if there is consistent work available? Are there days when you aren't able to get any work? Any feedback would be helpful! ...

How Much Do You Consistently Average Per Hour As An MT
May 17, 2015

nm ...

VR Not Consistently Putting 2 Spaces After Periods??? Anyone Else?
Oct 30, 2013

have been noticing over the last 3 or 4 weeks that the sytem is not consistently putting 2 spaces after periods.  Used to not have to worry about this, but just one more thing to have to watch.   Also having to now watch auto expansions and change them back to the accepted short form.  Anyone else? Or have I just been here wayyyyyy to long?    Make it a great day everyone!  A lot of times y'all make mine!  ...

Anyone In South Region, V Account, Consistently OOW?
Nov 30, 2013

tired of OOW all the time. Don't know how others are making a livable income. ...

I Cannot Believe This Crap, It's Like They Had Not One MT
Oct 03, 2012

before they sprang it on us..and why?? It's not a program for MTs..it's a database and billing program.THAT is the primary reason for this.  So far I have not utilized the quick report look up ONE time..and as for google..I already had my google browser opened at the ready.  I cannot capitalize first words in new sentence  in paragraph.  and yet my toggle is on.  but at the start of a new paragraph your space bar does not work.  I cannot easily look up r ...

I Don't Know How Old This Is But Holy Crap!
Apr 16, 2012

The US Department of Justice has confirmed that it is conducting an antitrust investigation of Nuance Communications. The investigation is looking at Nuance's acquisition of Philips Speech Recognition Systems from Royal Philips Electronics for $96.1 million in October 2008. There has been concern since the purchase that Nuance has essentially taken control of the world's medical transcription market. Nuance's acquisitions, which have sometimes been preceded by submitting target co ...

I Can Barely Sit Here And Do This VR Crap.
Jun 26, 2012

I have been at this for nearly 3 hours now.  I am so close to just walking.  I have never hated a job as much as I hate this one.  Last pay period, 80 hours, I made $8.51/hour.  Unfricken believable.  After 20 years of making twice that.  Time for another Xanax, seriously. ...

ABOUT THIS MONITORING CRAP
Jun 30, 2012

About this monitoring crap.  Why aren't the docs monitored?  Why do we have to change our ways and they don't have to.  On ASR there are a couple of docs who dictate in the "wrong order" and I have to move everything around, cut and paste, do the caps thing, etc.  Almost all of them dictate in the order of the standard headers.  Some of these dictators change their mind 2-3 times in the same sentence not to mention they change their mind and you do not kno ...

Holy Crap, I Can't Believe What I Just Did....
Jul 05, 2013

I quit!! Nicely, but said today was my last and I was moving on with my career choices.  bah!!!  Just waiting for my first day at Amphion. ...

Fiesa CRAP
Nov 19, 2013

I just love all these minor errors of missing an - "of" or "a" at 0.25.  This does not change the meaning of the sentence, and I bet if you put them in when they are NOT there, you would get marked off for that too.  This is crap, especially if you have a small report and it all adds up, knocking your score down.  I have been doing this for 25 years and have never seen anything so petty.  Especially now with Voice Rec, how would they like it if we weren't here and they w ...

Crap! I Received A Virus.
Jun 01, 2010

So, I am working on MQ computer and wanted to ask a question on MTstars and before you know it, a virus started downloading.  I freaked out and tried to stop the virus from scanning.  I got out of MTstars and tried to get out of report I was on and nothing, my computer froze.  I turned off computer and waited for 10 minutes, got back on and I cannot get into DocQscribe or Schedulesource because a warning window pops up stating I have a virus.  I cannot even get into Schedule ...

Oh Crap, Group Transcription, Now What?
May 05, 2011

My company just told me they were trying to bring on some projects where there would be multiple people speaking, like in a conference/meeting, about healthcare. They said they wanted me to transcribe it and to include time stamps every 5 minutes. How do you keep track of who is speaking? Sometimes trying to keep up with 1 mubbling doctor is hard enough, but now 5+ people? Is there some program or something I can get that will automatically put in timestamps, or am I going to have to keep lookin ...

Gee....glad Someone Likes This VR Crap.
Jun 29, 2012

"Richard Gwinn, MD, director of urgent care at Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group in San Diego sings voice recognition's praises: "It took me less than one-half hour from the time I first opened Dragon Medical to the time I was using it. It’s been a life changing application. I go home earlier. I don’t have stacks of charts on my desk and the swelling has gone down in my fingers (from typing).” This was taken off Nuance's FB page. ...

Venting On Crap Dictators
Jul 12, 2014

I am so sick of logging on in the morning and getting the same crap dictator day after day after day.  With his mmmmmmmmmmmmah before every other word (like he's trying to think of what to say), saying "next paragraph, next paragraph, next paragraph" and he has no idea whatsoever of where a new paragraph should start, and saying "period, period, period" like I don't know where a period should go, is it any wonder I'm going nuts in this job?  I won't even mentio ...

HEENT/HENT Crap
Jan 08, 2015

When I requested reversal over getting gigged on this I spelled my thoughts out pretty thoroughly but don't know how far up the chain of holiness that goes.  Has anyone else shot off their opinions on this?  Hoping if we get enough of us to make an issue they might reverse this idiotic ruling.   ...

FedEx In Hot Water Because Of IC Status Crap!
Oct 21, 2009

I was laughing my butt off reading the news this morning because FedEx is in exactly the same kind of trouble that a lot of these MT companies should be in.  They have been classifying their drivers as IC status to "save money."   Sound like a familiar tactic?  Here's the article I cut and pasted: Tuesday, Oct 20, 2009 @04:01pm CDT   (New York, NY) -- Attorneys general from three states will file suit against FedEx for alleged labor laws violations. Officials fr ...

OrgPublisher?? We Dont Want This Crap. We Want Higher
Aug 27, 2012

grrrrr ...

All Talk About Lawsuits Cause Of VR Crap In Jobs. But Does Anyone
Sep 01, 2012

I havent seen any real evidence of a lawsuit brought on by bad VR (is there any other kind?)  I dont think anyone even cares enough to bring a lawsuit. ...

Can't Get This STUPID ComAgent Crap Off My Computer.
Aug 12, 2013

and gives an error "cannot open uninstall.log".  I contacted "AltN" company that makes this ridiculous piece of crap and they sent me some solution of creating an unstall text document and that didn't work either.  I  want everything to do with Nuance OFF my computer.  Grrrrrrrrrr ...

QA Is So Confusing With All That Color Coded Crap
May 17, 2014

when you click on an error,  I would logically have assumed that would take you to the spot where the error is in the text.   Nope.  It may,  maybe,  go to the spot in the voice job, but not in the text. How in the world does anyone learn from their mistakes here????  This color-coded crap is way too confusing, the screen in Emdat is way too small to see anything properly, and I have a laundry list of other complaints but that would take too long to print here ...

Pooling Nothing But Crap Dictators For 3 Hours Now!!!
Apr 18, 2015

You know, never mind that they hose your line count.....to top it off, they are NOT on the QC exclusion list!  I asked last week what happens if they are a crap dictator or have crappy audio but they are not on the list.  My message got forwarded to some dark underlord some place; I've never heard back. My solution - roll the dice.  I refuse to send something to QC for issues that are outside of my control!  8 cents is better than 7, right?  I either send them back ...

A Reason Not To Complain About Crap (hard) Jobs
Dec 29, 2009

Don't you get it...these cannot be done by ILPs or by machine alone.  In 3-4 yrs these so-called crap jobs will be the ONLY reason a few MTs will even be needed; all else will be totally automated, and even ILPs will not be required, unless they learn to do crap jobs. Learn to live with it or train for something else.  It's just the writing on the wall.  Don't bash me, I don't love it, I'm just being realistic.  I'll do them because I'm n ...

I Quit Due To Crap Sound Quality And Hellish ESLs
Mar 26, 2015

I quit in early 2014 because there was a sudden switchover of doctors in the acct I was typing, and they were the worst I've ever encountered. The sound quality was atrocious at Nuance. It was like scraping the bottom of the barrel. I work for a different company now that doesn't make you jump through stupid FIESA hoops, etc, and it's nice. Just wondering if the same crap dictation continues at Nuance. I liked Transcend. ...

I Am So Happy That The Swap Board Crap For Our Region Has Been Delayed "due To Technical Challe
Apr 16, 2010

nm ...

Just Want To Thank You Guys For Being Here
Apr 18, 2012

lets face it the situation rots,,,so we can make the best of a bad situation or curl up and die (cant afford the latter so)...But again thanks for the helpful hints and letting me vent now and again..Im in a better boat then most pulling a disability check from my former job...I just really wish I could do more for you all that depend on this money as your main form of income..There is no way I could do it....so any ideas you all want to try, count me in, if I get fired, I can survive, not very ...

I'm Sure You Guys Have
Mar 24, 2015

dated February 2015 http://crankalicious.hubpages.com/hub/The-Worst-Companies-to-Work-For-M-Modal some of it goes a bit far, in that we do get paid time off, but otherwise, its pretty spot on. i would so love to post this on MM's facebook page or on Twitter for their business partners to read, but i don't know how to do it anonymously.   ...

Oh God You Guys
May 18, 2015

I'm the one who posted below about the system not seeing all the work I typed today.  I uploaded a job just now and I caught it at the end saying returning job.  WHAT THE BEEP!! Has it returned all of the jobs I did today even though it says in editor I have done them?!!? I'm dying here.  I'm not pulling any more jobs now.  what is going on?!?!?  Check your lines in manager and see if it matches up with editor.  ...

Do Any Of You Work For A Company And Consistently Have Work All Day?
Jun 10, 2015

I am just curious if there are ANY jobs that there are 40 hours a week of consistent work anymore.  The grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence when our current job drops to only 3-4 good hours of work a day, if that.... but are there any MTSOs that have any accounts with consistently 8 hours of good work a day, 5 days a week? ...

Missed You Guys!!!
May 24, 2010

Been banned for a while.  We won't go into that. . . .  Glad to be back.  ...