A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

OK this spacing after the periods is getting to be a pain - sm

Posted: Feb 25, 2014

I would just leave it as is,,but there is no continuity within the reports, sometimes 1 sometimes 2. Same with colons. Now I have to check every single period, if it is at a margin, it is a real pain. This is why I firmly believe we are sll editing some foreigners work on a regular basis. I never too the editor test, I want no part of it.

Most companies don't pay to type spaces, so - I dont bother to edit them, either.

[ In Reply To ..]

We get paid for spaces here - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

no we don't - mmmt

[ In Reply To ..]
NM
Those of us on Fluency do - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Go to the intranet and you'll find it under Departments, Human Resources, Policies, and Rewards Plan (in bottom right-hand corner of that page). On page 10 of that document, you'll see it under Compensation Plan, Payroll Unit of Measure (Line). We get paid for all black and white ASCII characters which includes up to 2 spaces in a row.
I get paid for spaces. - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x

You are over editing. Leave it alone - No one cares about that

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't mean to come off rude, but this type of thing is why a lot of MTs struggle with VR. Does the inconsistency look wrong to your eyes? Yes. Does anyone other than you care? No. Stop over editing the software.

I've gotten dinged on an audit for it. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I got dinged for it on an audit as well thats why - I posted.

[ In Reply To ..]
My last QA lead said leave it..my new one is picky as heck and I can't do anything right. Again, inconsistency within the company, a recipe for failure at every turn. Need this stupid job for another 2 years and then I can switch.

Similar Messages:

Help? ASR Spacing After Periods?
Oct 21, 2011

I have always double spaced my reports when I transcribed unless the client profile told me otherwise.  I have noticed most of my ASR reports are single spaced and some are double, even on the same client.  What is the standard for spacing regarding ASR?  Thanks guys!  I couldn't get any email back on what is what! ...

Pain Radiation In Chest Pain - Should Be Easy But I'm
Nov 08, 2010

I'm going completely blank on this one.  The patient entered the hospital for chest pain.  The doc states:  (blank sounds like gel, or jail)   He denies any current discomfort but states when it is present it is usually a mild to moderate degree of pressure about the chest.  He denies any radiation to the _____, arms, or back. ...

When To Use Periods
Jul 20, 2010

I am curious if anyone can offer advice.  I was recently corrected  for not using periods after Mr/Mrs Dr etc.  In my BOS 11 it says it is correct to use/not use periods as long as consisent.  However,  I thought in BOS III periods were elimiated.  Can anyone advise?   Thanks! ...

Pay Periods
Apr 20, 2011

I am new to Medquist and trying to navigate around MQ Central.  I cannot seem to find out where it talks about pay days?  Did I miss something? ...

The Last 2 Pay Periods, I Have Been At 97%. S/m
Oct 29, 2012

Am I on the road to getting fired? ...

Keytrokes Pay Periods
Dec 30, 2010

Keystrokes pays on the 1st and the 15th.  Technically they do not have to pay until Monday, Janaury 3, 2011.  I was wondering, however, if maybe it was the 31st because of holiday etc. Not here last year so do not know.  Thanks if anyone knows.   ...

To Nn...What Are The Pay Periods At Aero?
Feb 09, 2011

x ...

Forgotten Periods!
Apr 22, 2014

Anyone else having issues with the speech engine just randomly forgetting periods.  As in, it knows the sentence has ended, has capitalized the next word or put in a paragraph carriage return, but there is no punctuation to be found. It used to be there'd be a missing one every now and again at the end of a paragraph, but this morning it's every other sentence.  Happy Earth Day!  ...

Help - ASR Spacing
Dec 23, 2010

I just got an unfamiliar account.  The ASR is only showing 1 space after periods.  Am I supposed to leave it or add a space.  One space is a rip-off! ...

Spacing
Jul 27, 2011

I got assigned a new account this week - great - first week of cut in pay and now I have to deal with this yet too.  I noticed someone was reading my reports today - I don't know if it was a routine audit or just because I'm new to it - whatever - the QA person made just an FYI, very nicely, that Medquist wanted 2 spaces after a period.  I was under the impression that it got changed on the back end when it got sent on to the hospital somehow and it didn't matter.  Why then on ...

S/l Thickwood Pain Or Sicoid Pain Sm
Jan 08, 2010

He is referring to premenstrual pain?? ...

Closterpedic Pain, Posteralpedic Pain?
Jun 05, 2011

Transcribing rheumatology - s/l closterpedic pain, posturopedic pain.  Any ideas?  Patient recently had shingles, if that helps. ...

Transcend And WebM Pay Periods
Dec 29, 2009

Can someone enlighten me as to how the pay periods run for these 2 companies? Is it every other Friday, every 2 wks, maybe someone can tell me when the first pay period in January is for each, I am trying to make a decision and the pay dates are going to make a difference, don't like getting paid twice a month, would prefer every other week on a set date. Thanks ...

Question About Quotes And Periods
Mar 26, 2010

I'm doing a psych clinic report and the doctor uses the patient's words in quotes often, and he always dictates it with the period after the quotes, which I learned is wrong, but I am wondering if the entire sentence isn't a quote, only the last part, does that still hold true, such as: The patient states he is tired, doesn't sleep and is "run down" Does the period go before or after the quotes? Thanks ...

Precyse Pay Periods--Question
Feb 28, 2012

Hi All! I just signed with Precyse and I know they will fill me in on all the details, but it's 8 at night and I was just curious about the dates of their pay periods. I know that they pay every 2 weeks. Can someone tell me the next pay date, please? Thanks! ...

AutoCorrect Not Expanding After Periods. Help!
May 07, 2013

I started using AutoCorrect for my expanders. The problem is when I use them followed by a period they won't work. So "t" doesn't turn into "the" just "t." They work after any other punctuation or a space. I've scoured the internet and Microsoft forums and I can't find a thing. I've tried turning off the auto-caps and that doesn't work. Help? ...

Sentence Spacing
Nov 19, 2009

HI, I need to know if there are supposed to be 2 spaces between sentences. I was always taught in word there was one. I need to know because I edit. ...

Spacing Issue
Jun 04, 2013

I'm having a problem when I use templates over and over, cutting and pasting. It's creating extra spaces in the documents. Has anyone else ever had this issue? ...

Spacing..anyone Else Having This Problem
Jul 07, 2014

A lot of times when I use and expansion at the end of a line, it automatically will pull the expansion and sometimes several words before it down to the next line..Makes the spacing look terrible on my end, wondering if it fixes itself in the upload. I have checked my expansions and there are no spaces or anything in there that I can see that would cause this. ...

MTSO's Removing Spaces After Periods?
Nov 04, 2011

Have worked for a couple different MTSO's over the last few years. When copying and pasting prior reports I have typed into a new blank document, I have noticed 1 space has been removed after every period, colon, etc.  Anyone else notice this?  If the MTSO's are removing that 1 space, on every report, for every MT, I can't fathom how much $ that would save them in compensation payout... (over a month, over a year!); yet still charging the cl ...

Confusion Over Start And End Of Pay Periods With Nuance
Dec 29, 2012

Okay, got the shift differential figured out but now I am totally confused as to the pay periods start and end dates. I have an email from Cathy Jones with Nuance that says this pay period runs from 12/22 to 1/4, which I think would be correct as it is 2 weeks.  My TL sent us an email this morn saying we have until 1/2 to approve our timecards and the pay period ended last night at midnight!!! What?  Don't we work two weeks and then get paid???? Please explain.  Also, have no ...

VR Not Consistently Putting 2 Spaces After Periods??? Anyone Else?
Oct 30, 2013

have been noticing over the last 3 or 4 weeks that the sytem is not consistently putting 2 spaces after periods.  Used to not have to worry about this, but just one more thing to have to watch.   Also having to now watch auto expansions and change them back to the accepted short form.  Anyone else? Or have I just been here wayyyyyy to long?    Make it a great day everyone!  A lot of times y'all make mine!  ...

Pt. Rates Pain 9/10 On The "Verbal Analog Pain Scale"??? I Can't Document This, Help:
Nov 18, 2014

nm ...

Help! How Do I Fix The Line Spacing In The Report? N/m
Feb 02, 2010

xxx ...

Cardia Spacing? - In The Knee
Feb 27, 2010

I'm working on x-rays and this doc keeps repeating the same word the same way.  It's in regards to the knee and he says - Cardia spacing well maintained.  I cannot find that anywhere.    Has anyone ever heard of it? ...

Is Everyone Else's MQ ASR End-of-sentence Spacing 1 Space
Jun 29, 2011

after the period or 2 spaces? The accounts I do have only 1 space after the period rather than the usual 2 spaces. I notice that on the final patient copy there are 2 spaces after the period. Makes me suspicious of possible line count manipulation. I am sure that I am probably losing a lot of money over time not getting paid for that space. ...

Line Spacing In Word 7
Nov 22, 2013

I have not typed in Word 7 in several months.   I have a job now and when I type in Word I get a space and a half when I hit enter.  I have changed the paragraph to single, removed lines before and after paragraph, but it still does that.   Any advice?? ...

Spacing After Q/A Marker Period.
Jun 17, 2015

Don't want to call support if I don't have to -- does someone know how I can make the period after a Q/A marker stay put when I key in spaces?  Right now, it moves along putting the spaces in front of the period.  Growl!!! ...

How Many Pay Periods Not Meeting Line Count Before Action Is Taken? Sm
Dec 13, 2013

I just don't know what else I can do without really doing any proofreading.  I never ever had this problem before.  I am lucky enough to still do straight typing but the program is slow and I do have several accts in my pool which we all know is not the best way to work when you work on production.  I am looking for another job and actually had 2 interviews outside of MT and I am just hoping and praying, but in the meantime I have never been so frustrated and downright angry ...

Questions About Automatic Spacing Settings
Nov 02, 2014

Clicking on link below shows you how to easily change automatic spacing settings from 1  to 2 spaces after a period and reverse when you have different requirements for different accounts. ...