A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Confusion over start and end of pay periods with Nuance - FloridaMT

Posted: Dec 29, 2012

Okay, got the shift differential figured out but now I am totally confused as to the pay periods start and end dates. I have an email from Cathy Jones with Nuance that says this pay period runs from 12/22 to 1/4, which I think would be correct as it is 2 weeks.  My TL sent us an email this morn saying we have until 1/2 to approve our timecards and the pay period ended last night at midnight!!! What?  Don't we work two weeks and then get paid???? Please explain.  Also, have no idea what my PTO rate is for days I have taken off because of their stupid formula way of doing things.  I guess with Nuance, it's all just a mystery and they don't care if we need to know what our checks are gonna be BEFORE we get them.  Can't stand this transition and being kept in the dark!!! :(

Request the 2013 NTS Payroll Calendar.pdf - mraker

[ In Reply To ..]
I received it in an e-mail recently. The current pay period ends on 01/04, payday is 01/11.

But if you're from one of the bought-out companies... - mraker

[ In Reply To ..]
maybe they're doing an in-between paycheck to get you on the same schedule so you don't end up waiting 3 weeks to get paid?

Payroll period - lk

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe what you are getting confused about is the fact that we now have to approve our timecard entries in Webclock weekly, even though we are only paid bi-weekly. In the email I received it says you have to approve the first week in a period by Wednesday of the next week and for the second week of the payroll period you only have until the following Monday to approve it. Hope that helps clear things up.

What team/platform are you on? - no e-mails here

[ In Reply To ..]
That is indeed the case with WebClock now, with it being split up weekly instead of biweekly, but I never heard one word from my TSM or anybody else about this change. I thought it might be a glitch at first until I read your post.

Similar Messages:

Nuance Schedule/Webclock/no Work Confusion! SM
Dec 16, 2012

Can someone clarify for me how schedules/Webclock is supposed to to work???  You are scheduled to work 8 hours.  There is no work, you wait 15 minutes, supposed to clock out and check back later, etc.  If all of this considered part of your 8 hours??  or do you have to make up the daggum time for all this crap of checking back and forth, emailing to get jobs assigned, etc.  I only have those 8 hours and cannot flex.  Are you penalized for not getting your hours in?? ...

Webmedx Changes From Nuance To Start
Nov 02, 2011

Changes to start November.  Anyone have an idea what we might expect?   ...

Actually Excited To Start May 6 W/Nuance
Apr 21, 2013

Just finally able to get established from home and no more commute! Gotta look at the bright side, right? ...

Resolve To Make A Fresh Start For 2013! Map Your Career Path With Nuance Transcription Services
Jan 05, 2013

Resolve to make a fresh start for 2013! Map your career path with Nuance Transcription Services!  As if I any one in their right mind wants to work for a company with such high standards that they are unattainable to most.   This underpaying J.O.B. is really not blowing my skirt up anymore!   ...

If I Start Some Coding Training, Do I Need To Start Learning ICD-9 Or ICD-10?
Jan 09, 2010

nm ...

When To Use Periods
Jul 20, 2010

I am curious if anyone can offer advice.  I was recently corrected  for not using periods after Mr/Mrs Dr etc.  In my BOS 11 it says it is correct to use/not use periods as long as consisent.  However,  I thought in BOS III periods were elimiated.  Can anyone advise?   Thanks! ...

Pay Periods
Apr 20, 2011

I am new to Medquist and trying to navigate around MQ Central.  I cannot seem to find out where it talks about pay days?  Did I miss something? ...

The Last 2 Pay Periods, I Have Been At 97%. S/m
Oct 29, 2012

Am I on the road to getting fired? ...

Keytrokes Pay Periods
Dec 30, 2010

Keystrokes pays on the 1st and the 15th.  Technically they do not have to pay until Monday, Janaury 3, 2011.  I was wondering, however, if maybe it was the 31st because of holiday etc. Not here last year so do not know.  Thanks if anyone knows.   ...

To Nn...What Are The Pay Periods At Aero?
Feb 09, 2011

x ...

Help? ASR Spacing After Periods?
Oct 21, 2011

I have always double spaced my reports when I transcribed unless the client profile told me otherwise.  I have noticed most of my ASR reports are single spaced and some are double, even on the same client.  What is the standard for spacing regarding ASR?  Thanks guys!  I couldn't get any email back on what is what! ...

Forgotten Periods!
Apr 22, 2014

Anyone else having issues with the speech engine just randomly forgetting periods.  As in, it knows the sentence has ended, has capitalized the next word or put in a paragraph carriage return, but there is no punctuation to be found. It used to be there'd be a missing one every now and again at the end of a paragraph, but this morning it's every other sentence.  Happy Earth Day!  ...

My Start Menu Is Sideways And My Desk Top Is Sieways As Well And The Start Menu Is In The Upper Righ
Aug 12, 2013

My start menu is in the upper right hand corner and the desk top is on the side.  How can I fix it? ...

Transcend And WebM Pay Periods
Dec 29, 2009

Can someone enlighten me as to how the pay periods run for these 2 companies? Is it every other Friday, every 2 wks, maybe someone can tell me when the first pay period in January is for each, I am trying to make a decision and the pay dates are going to make a difference, don't like getting paid twice a month, would prefer every other week on a set date. Thanks ...

Question About Quotes And Periods
Mar 26, 2010

I'm doing a psych clinic report and the doctor uses the patient's words in quotes often, and he always dictates it with the period after the quotes, which I learned is wrong, but I am wondering if the entire sentence isn't a quote, only the last part, does that still hold true, such as: The patient states he is tired, doesn't sleep and is "run down" Does the period go before or after the quotes? Thanks ...

Precyse Pay Periods--Question
Feb 28, 2012

Hi All! I just signed with Precyse and I know they will fill me in on all the details, but it's 8 at night and I was just curious about the dates of their pay periods. I know that they pay every 2 weeks. Can someone tell me the next pay date, please? Thanks! ...

AutoCorrect Not Expanding After Periods. Help!
May 07, 2013

I started using AutoCorrect for my expanders. The problem is when I use them followed by a period they won't work. So "t" doesn't turn into "the" just "t." They work after any other punctuation or a space. I've scoured the internet and Microsoft forums and I can't find a thing. I've tried turning off the auto-caps and that doesn't work. Help? ...

OK This Spacing After The Periods Is Getting To Be A Pain
Feb 25, 2014

I would just leave it as is,,but there is no continuity within the reports, sometimes 1 sometimes 2. Same with colons. Now I have to check every single period, if it is at a margin, it is a real pain. This is why I firmly believe we are sll editing some foreigners work on a regular basis. I never too the editor test, I want no part of it. ...

Confusion
Apr 05, 2013

I may be a total dunce about this but can somebody out there explain to me what the difference(s) are between employee, IC and statutory employee. I see all of these postings and am not sure what to think. ...

MTSO's Removing Spaces After Periods?
Nov 04, 2011

Have worked for a couple different MTSO's over the last few years. When copying and pasting prior reports I have typed into a new blank document, I have noticed 1 space has been removed after every period, colon, etc.  Anyone else notice this?  If the MTSO's are removing that 1 space, on every report, for every MT, I can't fathom how much $ that would save them in compensation payout... (over a month, over a year!); yet still charging the cl ...

VR Not Consistently Putting 2 Spaces After Periods??? Anyone Else?
Oct 30, 2013

have been noticing over the last 3 or 4 weeks that the sytem is not consistently putting 2 spaces after periods.  Used to not have to worry about this, but just one more thing to have to watch.   Also having to now watch auto expansions and change them back to the accepted short form.  Anyone else? Or have I just been here wayyyyyy to long?    Make it a great day everyone!  A lot of times y'all make mine!  ...

Punctuation Confusion
Jan 27, 2010

HEAD CT IMPRESSION Multiple regions of low density in both sides of the internal capsule, probably represent old white matter infarcts.  (Should there be a comma after capsule or not?  It makes sense with or without the comma)  ...

Venting About Confusion
Apr 16, 2010

This is what this doc says:  Certainly if there is any rhythms increase, worsen, blah, you know, whatever (chuckles), we will reevaluate at that time.  It doesn't make any sense and I don't even know what to type.  I'll probably get dinged on something by trying to make it make sense.  He's making me crazy.  ...

Education Confusion!
May 09, 2010

So I am looking into making the switch from MT to coder.  The AHIMA program says it takes 15 months to complete and then you can sit for the CCA exam.  The AAPC program says you must complete it in 4 months and you can sit for CPC or CPC-H.  Wouldn't the latter be better?  I've been reading that CCA is pretty much worthless.  So, why would CCA take 15 months and CPC take 4 months?  Also, every job I've seen for a coder requires experience.  How c ...

Chaos And Confusion
Jul 22, 2010

on a conference call for a new account with multiple locations all wanting specific things.  My head is spinning.  I think I am officially losing my mind.  Of course this account has been NJA most of the day.  Let's just say there is no mercy.    ...

Confusion Over Mt Career
Nov 12, 2010

my company is laying off and since i will qualify for unemployment, my new plan is to finish school in an MT program. i have tried 2x in the past but could never set aside the time/money to do so. now i have found this board, and am a little confused by some of the comments. i had no intentions of working from home but rather a hospital or office setting. i have seen job postings around town and a government site says something to the effect of 11% rise through 2018. so with all that said, how ...

Dosing Confusion
Nov 24, 2010

I have heard this before with other meds and have no idea what the doc is talking about.  He dictates sodium bicarb nineteen fifty mg.  What does he mean?  1950 mg or 19/50 mg, or sodium bicarb19 50 mg.  I looked up sodium bicarb for the dosing and still don't know what he means.  Can someone help?  Thank you. ...

Credential Confusion
Apr 13, 2011

I have been looking at some ads for coding level I jobs at a local hospital but I have noticed this other places too.  They prefer an RHIA/RHIT credential but will accept a CCS.  Doesn't a person with a CCS have more indepth knowlege of actual coding than a RHIA/RHIT?  I have worked for 20 years as a transcriptionist and have had many supervisors with degrees and the RHIA/RHIT credential that were my boss but knew nothing at all about transcription.  Do the people hiring ...

Confusion Caused By....
May 20, 2011

Press?   Delirium caused by Press?   ...

Confusion Every Time
May 24, 2011

Please please help....   EVERYTIME I hear this in dictation I can never just type it out and get it correct...example.... "measures two centimeters by one half centimeters"  how is this transcribed numerically??????   Please help!!!!!! ...