A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Forgotten periods! - CuriousMT

Posted: Apr 22, 2014

Anyone else having issues with the speech engine just randomly forgetting periods.  As in, it knows the sentence has ended, has capitalized the next word or put in a paragraph carriage return, but there is no punctuation to be found.

It used to be there'd be a missing one every now and again at the end of a paragraph, but this morning it's every other sentence. 

Happy Earth Day! 

I hate sounding paranoid - Sm

[ In Reply To ..]
But it's too,regular to be random. I swear the program is doing it on purpose!

I agree about the randomness. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Also, it is putting in sections and words that are just not dictated. A first for me today was an entire section was put in that was not dictated. I relistened and reloaded the job thinking I missed something. In the end, it was never dictated. The end of dictation correlated with the time stamp, but yet there was an entire section put in that was not dictated whatsoever.

Random - NTS MLS

[ In Reply To ..]
I have noticed it, total paragraphs missing or added in randomly. Mostly at the end of the quarter. I always do good until the last week, then suddenly I am slammed with suspicious reports and TONS of corrections.

How could the ISR possibly do this??? - AnnieOakley

[ In Reply To ..]

For example, an ISR report today, pre-editing, said, "The doctor relaid the information to the patient." How can relaid show up instead of relayed? I have had so many words showing up incorrectly that are not even words.Where do they come from? Is the ISR not trained from the finished reports? So how does it learn these words that do not exist?

Relaid is a word. It does exist. - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
re·laid

rÄËlÄd,ËrÄ-/

1. past and past participle of relay.
it it relayed - not relaid
[ In Reply To ..]
"I relayed the message to him," or "the tile was messed up so they relaid it." Basic English.
I am not refuting that the correct form should be relayed. - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
The poster AnnieOakley said, "So how does it learn these words that do not exist?"

I was simply saying that relaid DOES exist.

only in the sense of "to lay again" - NOT relay a message
[ In Reply To ..]
I think what we are thinking - though
[ In Reply To ..]
Is that the ASR should be a lot better than it is, and certainly should be getting BETTER, not WORSE.

I still see the same errors for a couple of years now on a very good dictator - for some reason the ASR always starts a sentence in the last para with not a capital, it's maddening.

So do these repeated errors need to have someone monitoring and inputting the corrections into the speech engine or what? If so, they obviously do not.

I have worked with other speech recognition and it was much quicker to pick up errors and correct them. Methinks again that it is just not a priority for Nuance to improve their speech engine because they don't really care if it takes us longer to clean up the reports.

Also, it would mean the speech engine would be more accurate if they updated it, and obviously that is also not a priority. They would rather keep us down in salary and have lots of ammo for FIESA, increased accuracy from the ASR not a priority for them.
I believe you are right. The errors feed their - selfish appetites for greed.
[ In Reply To ..]
It is really a sad shame that this profession has been raped by corporate greed and selfishness.

Dragon - MT2tired

[ In Reply To ..]
In my opinion, from the experience I have had with this platform, it is like any other, promises the moon but offers below average. Just an excuse to lower our wages and offer an incentive because we supposedly would make more money that way with the wonderful new platform. Add to that, whoever is entering the information into the system for it to be available, i.e. generic versus name brand spelling, spelling of other things that are all wrong causing us to have to constantly stop and verify, and and and and...the list is very, very long. Documentation is very important.

Dragon - Tired

[ In Reply To ..]
Not to mention they increase LPH requirements to said bonuses, realizing that many seasoned MTs have reached their maximum LPH and one can only do so much, they can preach all they want that an MT can get more, (and give a hundred reasons why it is the MT's fault when they don't), but in reality, IMO with all the road blocks they create, very few will get it, which is the plan

Dragon road blocks - for sure

[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, and sooo many road blocks. IMHO, the biggest ones - getting the same nasty dictators..With the hundreds of dictators on an account, to see every single day that many and every single day always get the same dictators is ridiculous for them to try to say it just happens. I watch them disappear and the nasty ones line up back to back every day and I report it, but nothing is ever done. Add to that the horrible sound files, bad draft qualities, small fonts, ridiculous long AI with exceptions all the time, bounce from one account to the other because of poor management, etc. Can't obtain goals that they demand if they don't provide the quality tools to do so!!!

Similar Messages:

Hired But Forgotten
Aug 25, 2011

I was hired for my first transcription position and filled out the paperwork Aug 4th.  They said after the platform was installed on my computer (done Aug. 19th) the training would begin.  The trainer has not communicated w/me at all.  When I emailed HR and asked if training would begin this week (Aug 21st) the response was "hope so, but I have been on vacation and am not sure".  I emailed HR again yesterday (Aug. 24th) with no response.  They had been ver ...

The BAD People List - Please See If I've Forgotten Anyone
May 19, 2010

Have I forgotten anyone?  :)   BAD PEOPLE LIST: 1. MTSOs 2. SCHOOLS 3. New MTs 4. CEOS 5. MTs who don't make much money but like their jobs anyway 6. MTs who make too much money because they are probably liars 7. AHDI (I almost forgot them and they should have been near the top) 8. Old Biddies of AAMT, now AHDI __ THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR UPDATES __ THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR MORE UPDATES ...

When To Use Periods
Jul 20, 2010

I am curious if anyone can offer advice.  I was recently corrected  for not using periods after Mr/Mrs Dr etc.  In my BOS 11 it says it is correct to use/not use periods as long as consisent.  However,  I thought in BOS III periods were elimiated.  Can anyone advise?   Thanks! ...

Pay Periods
Apr 20, 2011

I am new to Medquist and trying to navigate around MQ Central.  I cannot seem to find out where it talks about pay days?  Did I miss something? ...

The Last 2 Pay Periods, I Have Been At 97%. S/m
Oct 29, 2012

Am I on the road to getting fired? ...

Keytrokes Pay Periods
Dec 30, 2010

Keystrokes pays on the 1st and the 15th.  Technically they do not have to pay until Monday, Janaury 3, 2011.  I was wondering, however, if maybe it was the 31st because of holiday etc. Not here last year so do not know.  Thanks if anyone knows.   ...

To Nn...What Are The Pay Periods At Aero?
Feb 09, 2011

x ...

Help? ASR Spacing After Periods?
Oct 21, 2011

I have always double spaced my reports when I transcribed unless the client profile told me otherwise.  I have noticed most of my ASR reports are single spaced and some are double, even on the same client.  What is the standard for spacing regarding ASR?  Thanks guys!  I couldn't get any email back on what is what! ...

Transcend And WebM Pay Periods
Dec 29, 2009

Can someone enlighten me as to how the pay periods run for these 2 companies? Is it every other Friday, every 2 wks, maybe someone can tell me when the first pay period in January is for each, I am trying to make a decision and the pay dates are going to make a difference, don't like getting paid twice a month, would prefer every other week on a set date. Thanks ...

Question About Quotes And Periods
Mar 26, 2010

I'm doing a psych clinic report and the doctor uses the patient's words in quotes often, and he always dictates it with the period after the quotes, which I learned is wrong, but I am wondering if the entire sentence isn't a quote, only the last part, does that still hold true, such as: The patient states he is tired, doesn't sleep and is "run down" Does the period go before or after the quotes? Thanks ...

Precyse Pay Periods--Question
Feb 28, 2012

Hi All! I just signed with Precyse and I know they will fill me in on all the details, but it's 8 at night and I was just curious about the dates of their pay periods. I know that they pay every 2 weeks. Can someone tell me the next pay date, please? Thanks! ...

AutoCorrect Not Expanding After Periods. Help!
May 07, 2013

I started using AutoCorrect for my expanders. The problem is when I use them followed by a period they won't work. So "t" doesn't turn into "the" just "t." They work after any other punctuation or a space. I've scoured the internet and Microsoft forums and I can't find a thing. I've tried turning off the auto-caps and that doesn't work. Help? ...

OK This Spacing After The Periods Is Getting To Be A Pain
Feb 25, 2014

I would just leave it as is,,but there is no continuity within the reports, sometimes 1 sometimes 2. Same with colons. Now I have to check every single period, if it is at a margin, it is a real pain. This is why I firmly believe we are sll editing some foreigners work on a regular basis. I never too the editor test, I want no part of it. ...

MTSO's Removing Spaces After Periods?
Nov 04, 2011

Have worked for a couple different MTSO's over the last few years. When copying and pasting prior reports I have typed into a new blank document, I have noticed 1 space has been removed after every period, colon, etc.  Anyone else notice this?  If the MTSO's are removing that 1 space, on every report, for every MT, I can't fathom how much $ that would save them in compensation payout... (over a month, over a year!); yet still charging the cl ...

Confusion Over Start And End Of Pay Periods With Nuance
Dec 29, 2012

Okay, got the shift differential figured out but now I am totally confused as to the pay periods start and end dates. I have an email from Cathy Jones with Nuance that says this pay period runs from 12/22 to 1/4, which I think would be correct as it is 2 weeks.  My TL sent us an email this morn saying we have until 1/2 to approve our timecards and the pay period ended last night at midnight!!! What?  Don't we work two weeks and then get paid???? Please explain.  Also, have no ...

VR Not Consistently Putting 2 Spaces After Periods??? Anyone Else?
Oct 30, 2013

have been noticing over the last 3 or 4 weeks that the sytem is not consistently putting 2 spaces after periods.  Used to not have to worry about this, but just one more thing to have to watch.   Also having to now watch auto expansions and change them back to the accepted short form.  Anyone else? Or have I just been here wayyyyyy to long?    Make it a great day everyone!  A lot of times y'all make mine!  ...

How Many Pay Periods Not Meeting Line Count Before Action Is Taken? Sm
Dec 13, 2013

I just don't know what else I can do without really doing any proofreading.  I never ever had this problem before.  I am lucky enough to still do straight typing but the program is slow and I do have several accts in my pool which we all know is not the best way to work when you work on production.  I am looking for another job and actually had 2 interviews outside of MT and I am just hoping and praying, but in the meantime I have never been so frustrated and downright angry ...