A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TO SHDAs. U dont get line ct credit for all lines edited. U only - get credit for 43% of lines, even on 100% qa jobs.

Posted: Oct 07, 2014

x

yeah... and you get 43% of lines for filling in one blank - and...

[ In Reply To ..]
you get paid 43% whether you fill in the one blank or not! If your so unhappy with it, leave it for those of us who wont complain!

that explains a lot - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I get some reports where every blank I leave is filled in, don't know how you do it, but thank you!!! and then others where none of them are filled in.

I can't remember the last time I had a simple - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
report to QA with 1 blank...... Most are full of holes and in bad shape or need a full review. But that's all part of the job. I definitely make more money doing straight ASR rather than QA these days though.

Many jobs come to qa for adt issues. We dont get paid for - time it takes us to staighten SM

[ In Reply To ..]
out that mess. We don't get paid for the research we do, which MTs wont do, to fill in blanks. We don't get paid for any additions we make to a report. So when MT leave whole chunks of dictation that the qa fills in, she doesn't get paid for any of that.

The only time we get a report with just 1 or 2 blanks is when the MT sends that job to us, otherwise those reports go right to the facility.

It is just the sleazy way MM does business. And they don't want to pay make up pay but go on Performance Management and they cut your pay in half, thereby guaranteeing they will have to pay make up pay.

MTs dont get paid to research either - or to fix ADT

[ In Reply To ..]
And stop calling the MTs lazy if they send in a blank. You're no better than us, even if you did fill in a blank. If you were a good QA, you would realize that. When I worked in house, a girl called from home to have to boss listen to a word. 4 other people could not make out what was said. Me, with only 7 months experience at the time, heard the word and after I said it, then everyone heard it. That does not mean the boss with over 20 years experience was lazy, or the MT with 5 years was lazy, it just means they didnt hear it. Thats all!
The problem with ASR - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Is that when it is wrong, it puts a preconceived idea in my head..Sometimes that creates a huge brain fart, so to speak, and I cannot for the life of me get past that to find the correct word. What helps me best with that is to immediately put a marker, try and forget what I saw, finish the report, and come back through.

I believe the 43% only comes into play when - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
calculating your line count quota, not pay. QA reports count for only 43% whereas everything else counts as 100% to meet your daily quota. You still get paid your agreed upon QA line rate for the report. At least that is my understanding.

This is correct! Original poster apparently misunderstood. - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
The original poster above is apparently confused and misunderstood something somewhere along the line. You are correct that the 43% only comes into play when calculating our lines per hour. We (QA) get paid for 100% of the lines we QA at either 3 cents per line or 4 cents per line, depending on the "Function Reason."

OP was about 43% of lines only are credited to - line count. Not about pay. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
So WHO is confused?

Does anyone even get QA jobs anymore? - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll get a few a day, usually from India, but rarely more than that. I miss being an actual QA.

I'm early morning and get at least 2-3 hours of nothing else, usually all India's. - CT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

And only 43% of those lines are credited to your line ct. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Good thing I get paid for all of them. nm - CT
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Just checked my pay stub in Ultipro - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I get 3 cpl for just filling in blanks and 4 cpl for doing a full QA on all lines that are submitted from the HDS (anything I type extra isn't counted). The jobs you do are listed right in Ultipro with the pay. I compared with lines in Fluency Manager and they all match up. I'm not sure where you are getting 43% of lines. Verify before you starting stirring things up.

Post is talking about LINE COUNT, not pay. MM got in trouble once - for dinking with pay, they are SM

[ In Reply To ..]
not likely to do that again. I am talking about 43% of lines are all that are applied to your line counts. So all that qa you are doing, you are getting LINE CT credit for less than 1/2 of those lines.

I was having trouble with my counts and couldn't figure out why they were not better. Then TL told me we only get LINE CT credit for 43% of the total lines. Just another example of MM being sneaky and sleazy.

Well, yeah. the SHDA didn't type those lines - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Of course she wouldn't get credit for 100% of those lines. MM is not being sneaky or sleazy in that respect. Why would you get credit for someone's typed lines when you are essentially just reading the report with maybe a few corrections? It's not like ASR, where there is a correction every other word. The reason everybody thought it was about pay was because 43% line count credit for proofing isn't that big of a deal and nothing to get worked up about.
Obviously you have never been a QA or you would have a - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
better idea of the horrors they deal with. BTDT -- No thanks!

Similar Messages:

Standards For Edited Lines
Sep 15, 2011

I manage a  transcription department and we went live with Escription a few months ago.  I am working on setting standards for edited lines as well as putting together an incentive program.  Would anyone be willing to share their policy for transcribed/edited lines and what they are currently paying for incentive. Thank you! Renee ...

Same Pay Rate For Edited & Transcribed Lines?
Jan 26, 2012

My employer has recently gone from straight transcription to VR (using MedQuist's DocQSpeech). At this point, after 4 months on VR, production is up 11% overall.  The employer says they believe it will go up 48% overall (60% for VR lines, no change of course for transcribed lines, 80% of lines VR). At this point, indeed, at least 80% of lines are VR.  (The quality of the VR output, however, is pretty bad.) We're union, and I'm one of the MTs participating in the wage ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Any Other SHDAs Notice Decreased ILP QA?
Aug 23, 2014

Since the transition, I have not gotten nearly as much ILP QA as I used to.  Not much in the way of US MTs either, but I expect that with their blank contest.  I have a feeling they have made ILP work only QA'd by ILPs now without the extra step through US QA.  If that is the case, there is going to be a lot more garbage reports going to the hospitals, especially considering ILP QA barely even look at reports before sending them on. ...

Thinking Of Testing Up For SHDA. Any SHDAs Have Positive
Jan 14, 2015

comments about the position? Thanks! ...

Line Counts - Type A Certain Number Of Lines Per Day
Sep 01, 2010

Right now I work doing transcription but have never had to type a certain number of lines per day.  We just have to have our work done in a timely manner.....24-48 hours.  I am looking at taking a job where they require 1000-1200 lines per day working FT hours and am curious how long that would take typically?  I am not the fastest typist in the world and don't want to get in over my head.  If I can't work overtime and need to get that many lines done, it concerns me.  For tho ...

2 Lines Of Editing Equals 1 Line For Payment
Sep 22, 2010

For those of you thinking of going with FN out of California, when you get your employment package, you will find that 2 lines of work equals 1 line of editing--in other words, you must do twice as much work to get paid for a line of editing.  Of course, you do not find that out until you have invested time and interest with this place.  ...

Voice Recognition - Less Money Per Line, But Less Lines To Type!
Jun 10, 2010

Just accepted a position that is mostly VR.  I am looking forward to it because I figure, less money per line, but less lines to type!  Am I wrong?  I mean, shouldn't you be able to do more using VR?  Just curious as to opinions.  Because I'm all for it if it means less typing.  Thanks! ...

Can You Recommend An Accurate Line Counting Program For Gross Lines?
Mar 10, 2010

I have been using MPCount for several years but recently upgraded to a new laptop & it will not work on it - incompatible. I tried out their new trial version of MPTools but it does not count my gross lines the same & I would be losing more $ than I would like with it. There is something programmed into the newer version that counts differently somehow. (That was even confirmed with the person who produced this program.) Are there any other line counting software programs out t ...

Line Counts - When Figuring Lines, Do Most People Include Spaces?
Jul 24, 2012

When figuring lines, do most people include spaces? ...

Pre-edited Test But Really Messed Up
Feb 04, 2010

Hello All, Hoping someone can help me figure out what happened with this job.  I received a STAT job from my main account, it had clearly been done by someone else, but it was so screwed up, it took me almost 25 minutes to redo 352 secs of dictation.  The sound was no longer in sync with dictation, punctuation was confusing, headings were wrong and not in place with dictation.  I have whole paragraphs in the transcription that I do not hear anywhere in the dictation.  Anyon ...

Powerscribe 40-50 Reports Edited Per Hour....
Sep 26, 2010

How many reports per hour can you edit with Powerscribe?  I was told that you could do 40-50 per hour....Is that possible?? ...

Doctors Making Us Type In An Edited Document
Jan 08, 2013

They just dont know a thing about how we are getting paid or dont care. Will you please go back and type this full medication list for me after the physical exam, thanks. Not when I am being paid 4 cents to type it! Rant over. ...

Credit Inquiry
Jul 29, 2012

Anyone else had a credit inquiry alert from Nuance?  This happened lately too.  This is sort of disturbing, and I don't remember applying for any other jobs there too.  I've been working there for a while too.  Don't they have to have my permission to do this? ...

Credit Check?
Oct 17, 2012

Now that I have my certification, I am starting my job search. I applied to a medical center in a large city nearby that requires a credit check.  What does my credit history have to do with a job?  ...

MModal QA Credit
Oct 29, 2013

Let me get this straight, if I send a job to QA for demos or if I am in training and have 100% QA, then when they correct or proof it, when they send it, they get the line count credit!  Is that what I am reading into this?  REALLY?  Please tell me this isn't true.  ...

When Did We Stop Getting Credit For Standards? - Sm
Jan 06, 2010

Last night I did two fairly long duplex studies where the doctor says "use my standard" with a lot of "move this, take that out, insert this..."  Not difficult, but time consuming.  When I went in to look at my line count after my shift, I got a total of 20 lines for the two reports, or 16.48 cents!  What gives with this?  Did I miss the memo, or did they just not tell us?  Next week they'll be asking us to pay them when we actually get work. :o( ...

Just Got Turned Down For A MT Job Because Of My Credit Report?
Jul 14, 2010

cant win for losing these days in this field.   Cant WAIT for school to start this fall, so I can start my new career.  This field is pure insanity anymore., a real blow to the ego.  Its like all these years of experience we have mean NOTHING anymore. ...

Didn't Get Credit For My Last Report Of The Day.
Oct 07, 2010

After my worst day in a long time or maybe ever, I noticed DQScribe was weird when I tried to log out.  Sure enough I checked later and didn't get credit for my last job.  Don't know if it went back into the pool or on through to the customer for free.  I hate this stupid company. ...

Can And Should Lousy Credit Prevent Someone From Getting An MT Job?
Jan 27, 2011

If someone has lousy credit, why would this matter for an MT position?  Maybe there are extenuating circumstances why their credit isn't good, like loss of previous job, death in the family or other emergencies.  ...

Anybody Else Out There Using Credit Cards To Live On???
May 17, 2014

Had an excellent job until hospital outsourced 5 years ago, downhill from there.  Paycheck for the last 2 weeks was $88.  I bet over in India they made more than me even with 35 years exp.   I have tried so hard to get credit cards paid down or off, but then we have to use them for buying gas to heat house, buy groceries, buy gas, etc.  I would have nver thought I would be in such a mess like so many of us at my age.   Major back disability and surgery, have not been to ...

Credit For Difficult Dictators
Dec 03, 2014

I took the Enrich module, but didn't see anything about difficult dictators.  Did I miss something?  Sometimes I send a report to QA for blanks and they don't get them either.  Is that still held against us?  ...

Continuing Education Tax Credit For Andrews?
Dec 28, 2010

Anyone know if you can get the tax credit?  I asked the school and they were not sure.  They don't participate in federal financial assistance programs.  Anyone know?  Thanks. ...

Career Step Educational Tax Credit??
Apr 17, 2012

Hello. My wife just finised the Career Step course in March. She is already employed and doing great. My question is in regards to any 2011 tax credits/breaks we can claim as she studied full time at this program. Can we claim that she was a full time student for at least 5 months? Any thoughts?   Have a great day...   Jeff ...

Credit Report And Coding Jobs
Jul 05, 2013

I have to file bankruptcy in the next month or so. There's no way around that. I am also going to be starting a coding program. A lot of coding employers do a credit check.  I guess I'll finish coding school in a year or so, so by that time, after building back up my credit, will the bankruptcy not matter so much to future employers? ...

Didn't Know MQ Requires Credit/background Check
Nov 18, 2009

nm ...

What Companies Check Credit Prior To Job Offer
Aug 10, 2010

I gave before thinking about.  Now I am wondering should I have done such a thing.  If have had some financial issues due to the economy and my credit is horrible.  House almost went into foreclosure and such.  Consistently ran out of work until I took a full time in-house position. ...

Missing Credit For Straight Transcription Typing
Mar 18, 2011

Does anyone seem to be missing credit for straight transcription typing.  I keep meaning to keep track of the straight transcription reports I type compared to ASR even though they are very few and far between, but I swear, every time I do get them, when I review my counts, it seems like some of them are missing.  I am going to try to keep better track of them.  Surely Medquist wouldn't stoop THAT low to cheat us . . . or would they?? ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...