A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can you recommend an accurate line counting program for gross lines? - MMUGurl

Posted: Mar 10, 2010

I have been using MPCount for several years but recently upgraded to a new laptop & it will not work on it - incompatible. I tried out their new trial version of MPTools but it does not count my gross lines the same & I would be losing more $ than I would like with it. There is something programmed into the newer version that counts differently somehow. (That was even confirmed with the person who produced this program.) Are there any other line counting software programs out there that you would recommend that accurately counts gross lines? 

Thanks so much. 

I use Abacus. It works with MS Word and is a free download. - link inside

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.theabacus.biz/theAbacus.htm

Thank you, I will check it out. NM - MMUGurl

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

MS Word has its own. Do you work in Word? - jj

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Yes, I use Word but I need a program to create an invoice. TY nm - MMUGurl

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

PractiCount - deenibeeni

[ In Reply To ..]
Way better than Sylvan and cheaper.

I have now tried both programs that were suggested. - MMUGurl

[ In Reply To ..]
Practicount & Abacus both gave me a lower gross line count than even the newest MPTools which was even lower than the MPCount I have been using, unfortunately. :( I am still seeking a software program.

Thanks everyone.

Similar Messages:

Good Line Counting/word Counting Program
Nov 12, 2010

I think I may have seen this discussed on here before but I can't seem to find the posts. I am looking for a good line counting/word counting program. TIA for any and all suggestions! ...

Line Counting Program/Sylcount
Jan 27, 2015

I have recently upgraded to a new computer system. I have always used Sylcount Gold for my line counting and invoicing program. Problem is, Sylvan Software company is now out of business so I have now lost that software. I need recommendations on a great line counting program that can count all of the variables and also invoice. Any recommendations are appreciated, or, if anyone has Sylcount for sale.....I would be interested! Thank you! ...

Bulk Line Counting Program For Word Files With Protected Fields?
Apr 19, 2011

I am a medium sized MTSO looking for a bulk line counting program that will count Word files that contain protected fields. I have WordTraverse and love it but it will not count files with protected fields. I have also looked into Sylcount with no luck. I have to begin using files with protected fields to automatically upload into client EMR. ...

Nuance ES MTs. How Do You Keep Accurate Count Of Your Lines?
Feb 15, 2011

When I was Encompass, we used MT Monitor for EditScript, which did a fairly good job.  I never much paid attention to the Alt + x Metrics because of using MT Monitor pretty exlusively.  Now, since MT Monitor is soon to be nixed, apparently, it has stopped counting lines (just characters, but I can divide those by 65) and is missing whole reports over periods of time for me.  But Metrics is even worse.  It's recording only about 2/3 of my reports, if that.  I don&# ...

Gross Versus Custom Lines
Jan 29, 2013

Line Counts - An Accurate Line Counter?
Aug 14, 2012

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of an accurate line counter. I currently use Word, but am not sure if it's accurate.  ...

Gross Line Versus 65 Character Line
Aug 19, 2010

Anyone know if 5 cents per gross line is good or not? Better than 10 cents a 65 character line??   A company is offering this to me & says that at least 1/2 of every report is templated but you still get paid for it.  I make 10 cents a 65 character line with the company I work for at this time.  Please advise so I can make a decision to test or not with them.  ...

Some Questions About Counting Lines: (sm)
Jul 22, 2010

I've started monitoring my line counts against what my company comes up with on a few random reports.  I have a couple questions: -  I've counted lines vs characters with both my company's line counter, and the Microsoft Word line counter (In the top toolbar:  "Tools", "Word Count").  There's a slight discrepancy, and I wondered if any of you notice the same amount of difference: If counting lines, Microsoft comes up with considerably more than my compan ...

Counting Pended Lines
Mar 05, 2015

So far this week, I have pended 300 lines to QC -- all VR lines -- those are the *actual* lines.  If counted as converted lines, then it's only 150 lines.  Do they "convert" those pended lines for VR?  They should - if we don't get paid for a full line of VR, then we shouldn't get charged for pending full VR lines.  Dontcha think?? ...

What FTP Program Would You Recommend
Feb 14, 2011

I am almost finished my online course and have started looking at Job Postings.  I noticed one company requesting an FTP Program for file transfers.  I have been training with Express Scribe, which they specifically said they do NOT use.  Can anyone recommend a good, easy to use FTP Program?   ...

Line Counts Accurate?
Sep 14, 2013

Over the last 2 pay periods, I have noticed my line counts not being as high as usual.  I have not changed anything and Im still doing the same hospitals.  I wonder did they stop paying for canned dictation?  That would not be right, sometimes that takes longer than just editing or typing because the doctor wants to change this, put in that, remove this.  It is not like we are just bringing up templates.  This job is so stressful.  I just want to be able to sit down ...

Does It Seem Like The Line Counts Are Not Accurate? SM
Jan 24, 2014

It seems like I am still working as hard and doing as many reports, but my line count is lower.  I was wondering if is just me?  Did they change the format or something? ...

MT Line Became A 65-character Line Instead Of A Gross Line?
Feb 21, 2015

Does anyone remember when, and why, an MT line became a 65-character line instead of a gross line? And what company was responsible for this, if any? ...

Counting Lines In Work 2010
Feb 22, 2011

word 2010 counts all lines, including those with no characters transcribed.  Is there a way to modify so that only lines with characters typed are counted? ...

4.5 Cpl For A Gross Line?
Aug 19, 2012

Considering taking a new job but wondering if I'd be getting screwed.  Owner is offering 4.5 cpl for a gross line, and they use the line count function in Word to count their lines.  On the sample test document they have their margins stretched about as far as they can go.  I make 8 cpl right now on a 65 character line, typing in Word, and by the formula I'm paid by now it looks like 4.5 cpl would be almost half of what I'm making now for the same document.  Ow ...

Nuance Line Counts Are Accurate?
Apr 05, 2014

Nuance gives me my line counts and they are loaded onto WebClock.  I have no idea what reports they are counting.  How do you know if the Nuance line counts are accurate?  I worked for several other companies and not only did they give the line counts but a tally of the reports that were counted.  So if I kept a log of daily reports I could compare to the total of reports that the company was counting.  With Nuance there is no way to know what reports they are counting.  I am on Dictaphone ...

Paying By Gross Line
Oct 16, 2013

Does anyone know companies that pay by gross line? ...

Can Anyone Recommend A FREE Antivirus Program Or Even ... SM
Jan 31, 2014

a free-trial antivirus?  My current one is expiring very shortly & I cannot afford what they're asking just right now. Some anti-virus programs will advertise FREE when you google them, then will require  you to pay up front.  Some will let you upload them and "Save" them, but then won't open or work when you try.  Will appreciate any advice.  Thx.   ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Coding Program For An
Apr 26, 2015

xx ...

Line Counting Software - 65 Characters Per Line
Sep 29, 2010

I need help with a software line counting program.  Excel is acceptable, but I am not sure how to use that aspect.  Any help would be appreciated.  This is for 65 characters per line with no spaces.  Can't that be done in Microsoft Word as well? ...

Recommend A Good Word Expander Program?
Jun 01, 2010

Can anyone recommend a good word expander program?  Preferably free or inexpensive?  Thanks! ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Line Counting In EMR
Nov 09, 2010

Looking for MTs out there that work from home and type directly into patient EMR record. Do you then charge by the line and if so, how do you count your document if you have typed it directly into EMR? ...

Line Counting Wordperfect
May 10, 2010

Mistake of working for friend doing subcontracting.  I am paid 13 cpl but very hard to hear doctor; it's on tape, takes forever to type.  Main issue is that she says I should use Wordperfect's line count, but when I recently compared it to my line counter, Practicount, there is a difference - not huge but enough that it's bothering me.  Question is does anyone know if Wordperfect's line counting is correct and includes spaces?  TIA. ...

Question Regarding Line Counting
Jul 30, 2010

I've been a transcriptionist for 15 years now and just the last year working at home being paid by line.  My new boss thinks I'm screwing them over with my lines and wants to discuss with me next week about how I shouldn't be getting paid for certain documents.  So my question is this.  Some of the doctors when doing a discharge summary for example will have me take the admission h&p and then add the discharge onto the end of it.  I will probably ...

TT Line Counting 2 Different Programs
Oct 18, 2010

Anyone noticing differences in the counts of these 2 programs that TT has?  First the MT monitor WAS giving better counts than Ichart.  Now after months it is reverse.  I get the feeling that it is being reprogrammed so we get shortchanged--as usual.   Years ago working for a small company we had an account that gave you 5 lines for the demographics and the hidden footer was 1 line.  Then the big company came along, TS from Georgia, and THEIR program conde ...

Sylcount Line Counting ??
Oct 25, 2010

I am going to be starting a new job and they use Sylcount to count lines in MS Word. How different is this compared to just using the line counter built in MS Word? Thanks for any info...have never used anything other than MS Word for counting lines in my eight years of transcription! ...

QASAR Line Counting??
May 21, 2011

Does anyone have any knowledge of what this qasar dep line counting means?  the technology part of the email states something to the fact that it replaces the old line counting method.  geez, i cannot keep up with their terminology and then to boot they send it out on friday afternoon when they know there is no chance we could get a hold of a ccm.  I have a funny feeling they are going to subtract whatever errors we have with or without an audit from our paycheck because ...

Line Counting Programs
May 29, 2012

I am having trouble finding a food line counting program. I have downloaded 4 different "trial" versions and they all come out differently. I am currently working with a company who uses Sylcount and I find that they may be underpaying me because of the differences in software programs.  Can anyone help.  I really don't want to have to print and count lines manually even though this is a very small account. ...

Bulk Line Counting
Oct 29, 2013

Does anyone know of a line counting method or software (besides Sylcount) that will let you highlight a bunch of files at once and give you a line count breakdown for each file?  ...