A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pre-edited test but really messed up - Julie

Posted: Feb 04, 2010

Hello All,

Hoping someone can help me figure out what happened with this job.  I received a STAT job from my main account, it had clearly been done by someone else, but it was so screwed up, it took me almost 25 minutes to redo 352 secs of dictation.  The sound was no longer in sync with dictation, punctuation was confusing, headings were wrong and not in place with dictation.  I have whole paragraphs in the transcription that I do not hear anywhere in the dictation. 

Anyone ever receive a job like this? 

Just a guess - shipwrecked

[ In Reply To ..]
It sounds like you got the second half of a split report. I had one of those and it drove me nuts. I couldn't get my audio to match where I was working, and every time I took my foot off the pedal, my cursor went to the bottom of the page. There was a whole paragraph of text that wasn't even dictated, which I finally just deleted.

They abandoned the stupid job, don't you love your cowokers NOT! - BUNION

[ In Reply To ..]
I HATE PEOPLE. They sux. But they leave you this "crap" because you are "good." Ya ya ya ya that does not pay the bills. I have finaly got fed up but I (IMHO) was told I was the only one who touched the report. Bullcrap, if I, me complains. I see the job numbers, etc. Peeps throw them back, do not sign off as they are supposed to (in my company). COME ON PEOPLE I HAVE HAD 3 REPORTS TO RETURN IN A ROW) oh, what a conicenence (but if you are in a certain "club" it don't matter). I HATE being new!

Similar Messages:

Standards For Edited Lines
Sep 15, 2011

I manage a  transcription department and we went live with Escription a few months ago.  I am working on setting standards for edited lines as well as putting together an incentive program.  Would anyone be willing to share their policy for transcribed/edited lines and what they are currently paying for incentive. Thank you! Renee ...

What??!! DQS Messed Up Yet AGAIN???
Jul 14, 2010

ADT, DQM, DQS all in limbo ...

QA Messed Me Up Bad And I'm Mad
Sep 30, 2012

Dictator said "LFTs:  ALT and AST" or "LFTs:  AST and ALT" are blahblah respectively.  My stupid QA filled in my blank (didnt want to have them backwards) with HEMOGLOBIN AND HEMATOCRIT. What an IDIOT.  And, to ding me on it?  I'm not tolerating this crap. I'm not stupid but obviously my QA is.  Can someone tell me how to tell which QA did this stupidity? ...

Powerscribe 40-50 Reports Edited Per Hour....
Sep 26, 2010

How many reports per hour can you edit with Powerscribe?  I was told that you could do 40-50 per hour....Is that possible?? ...

Same Pay Rate For Edited & Transcribed Lines?
Jan 26, 2012

My employer has recently gone from straight transcription to VR (using MedQuist's DocQSpeech). At this point, after 4 months on VR, production is up 11% overall.  The employer says they believe it will go up 48% overall (60% for VR lines, no change of course for transcribed lines, 80% of lines VR). At this point, indeed, at least 80% of lines are VR.  (The quality of the VR output, however, is pretty bad.) We're union, and I'm one of the MTs participating in the wage ...

Paycheck Messed Up
Sep 24, 2010

Got paid through direct deposit yesterday and was only paid for PTO and not the actual lines I typed.  My paycheck should have been for over 600 dollars but was only 113 dollars.  Did this happen to anyone else? ...

Is Teamwork Messed Up?
Sep 01, 2011

or have they fired me and I just don't know it yet?  I was needing to clock out to take a break. ...

Seriously, If We Messed Up Records Like
Jul 12, 2012

we would have our pay cut 3 cpl or be fired. What a joke. "Please bear with us as we work through this...." ...

Doctors Making Us Type In An Edited Document
Jan 08, 2013

They just dont know a thing about how we are getting paid or dont care. Will you please go back and type this full medication list for me after the physical exam, thanks. Not when I am being paid 4 cents to type it! Rant over. ...

Line Count Messed Up
May 24, 2010

Why is 5/24/2010 showing up twice on my monthly totals and when I run detail on this it is showing less jobs?  Called tech support and they dont know.  I'm sure I'm going to get ripped off of lines.  I did take a picture of my computer screen showing this error so if my paycheck is wrong I have evidence.  Is this happening to anyone else? ...

TO SHDAs. U Dont Get Line Ct Credit For All Lines Edited. U Only
Oct 07, 2014

x ...

Dell Support Messed Up My Computer
Aug 11, 2013

Last Tuesday, I was going to install McAfee Anti-Virus on my computer.  To do that, I first had to remove Microsoft Security Essentials from my computer.  I couldn't see Microsoft SE on the list of programs in Add/Remove, so I regrettably decided to call Dell support (I have a Dell computer.)  So instead of simply removing Microsoft SE and installing McAfee (which should only take about 1 hour, if one is a technical expert), nothing was resolved.  Instead, my computer i ...

Accidently Erased My Draft, Now Audio Messed Up
Jun 02, 2012

I must have accidently hit Ctrl+A then space and erased my report. I was able to undo it and get the draft back, but now the sync is all mesesd up and I keep jumping to the end of the report every time I have to pause/restart dictation. Is there anyway to correct this? I work in DQS 6.1 btw. ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...

Knee Test, Sounds Like "Simon's First Test"
May 06, 2015

Doc is doing a knee exam for large meniscal tear and bone-on-bone medial compartment OA.  He says what sounds like "Simons first test" caused grade 4 posterolateral tenderness. Any ideas? Thanks, Andrea ...

Apprehension Test Is Negative. *Falk* Sign Is Negative. Speed Test Is Negative. Thanx. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...

Is It "editted" Or "edited" ?? Thx
Dec 09, 2010

? ...

Lab Test Name
Oct 22, 2009

Sounds like CCSR~sound familiar to anyone, because I can't confirm it and I have never heard of it. TIA! ...

S/l G-lie-a-test
Nov 08, 2009

This is in the patient's medication list. Doctor says "s/l g-lie-a-test as needed". The patient has severe dementia, hypertension, history of aggressive sexual behavior at nursing home and glaucoma.  His other medications include lorazepam and Xalatan drops. Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

3T4 Test
Dec 16, 2009

Is that right, and is that how it should be typed out? thanks. ...

The CMT *test* Is Not To See How Much You Know, But
Mar 31, 2010

If any employer wants us to have that silly so-called "certification", they'll have to do a lot better than .05 cpl (or less) added to our pay for it.  Show us the MONEY first. ...

Lab Test Pro-on
May 25, 2010

Hi could somebody help me out with the lab test sounds like pro-one, but  I am unable to verify it on google. Is it Pro-1, pro-1, Pro-One or what? ...

Another Test
May 25, 2010

He was also negative for HIV s/l EFB.  ...

This Job Is A Test . . . It Is Only A Test
Jul 19, 2010

This job is a test . . . It is only a test . . . Had this been a real job . . . it would have come with raises, promotions and other signs of appreciation!!! ...

Anyone Taken The MME Test?
Sep 01, 2010

Just curious what I might be up against if I tried it.  I've done this for roughly 12 yrs but a friend (who has been at it longer than me) failed the first part. ...

Has Anyone Taken The MME Test
Oct 08, 2010

I am going to apply for MME, and I guess then you get an invitation to take the test.  Does anyone know about this test?  Do they expect you to proof the documents from begnning to end or just fill in blanks?  Any other information would be great as welll. ...

Lab Test Help, Please!
Nov 29, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of a test that s/l antiglumera BMAB?  It comes at the end of a long list of rheumatologic lab tests. ...

Another Lab Test...
Nov 29, 2010

How about a CL1Q?  Again, it is at the end of a long list of rheumatology labs. ...