A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

2 lines of editing equals 1 line for payment - anon

Posted: Sep 22, 2010

For those of you thinking of going with FN out of California, when you get your employment package, you will find that 2 lines of work equals 1 line of editing--in other words, you must do twice as much work to get paid for a line of editing.  Of course, you do not find that out until you have invested time and interest with this place. 

Anon, editing normally pays less, 50% common. - Anon Also NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Most companies pay approx half the rate for editing - as for straight transcription

[ In Reply To ..]
I think there are a couple of exceptions (MQ for instance) that pay slightly more than half of straight transcription for editing.

The theory behind this is that MTs can produce twice as much editing as they can with straight transcription.

Similar Messages:

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

How Many Lines/hour Do You Average Doing Editing At Transcend? Sm
Jan 19, 2010

Hi, could anyone post what your lines per hour have been for the editing on BeyondTXT?  What would be considered good?    ...

How Many Lines Required An 8-hour Shift For Editing?
Feb 21, 2010

Does any one have any requirements for editing for an 8-hr shift?  I know for straight typing is usually required to type 1200-1500.  Thanks in advance. ...

Escription Editing SR Leaving Black Lines
Dec 23, 2014

Hi, has anyone ever had problems with Escription when you are editing leaving black marked out lines when you backspace or use the delete button in the text?  ...

Does Anyone Know What 0.08 Line Without Spaces Equals Out To With Spaces?
Nov 25, 2010

Does anyone know what 0.08 line without spaces equals out to with spaces? ...

Line Rates Like 3 Cpl For Editing
Jan 04, 2010

I am looking at ads here and keep seeing things like 3 cpl for editing.  Who could work for that rate and why?  These MTSOs really need an awakening.  No one should work for 3 cpl.  Is there anyone who does editing for that kind of rate and actually earns a living?  I say more MTs need to stand up for themselves and say no to this.  Just sayin'.   ...

QA Editing At 3 Cpl On A 65-character VBC Line???
Jul 28, 2010

I honestly think this may be the lowest paying position I've ever seen advertised on this site.  QA editing at 3 cpl and only for VBC on a 65-character line? Please, someone tell me I'm not reading this correctly...Please? ...

Is Anyone Willing To Share Companies That Pay More Than .04/line For Editing - Please Nm
Jan 07, 2010

. ...

.03¢ A Line VR Editing
Sep 29, 2010

Was just trying for a job with a company, sent my resume, asked me what hours I was looking for, how much experience I had and then dropped the bomb that they only pay 3¢ a line for VR editing.  Is there anyone out there making a decent wage doing editing for so little?  ...

Line Rates For Editing Has Become Ridiculous - We Need To Make A Difference NOW!
Jan 07, 2010

So, here it goes -- We all know the medical transcription industry has really gone downhill with regard to our pay.  I currently just lost about $10/hour to change to editing and I have been doing it for several months hoping that it would get better, but it has not.  This is just crazy to me.  You still need the same amount of knowledge to create an accurate medical report.   I do not know about everyone else, but the reports I am seeing coming ...

Fast Chart - Is It Possible To Make Any Money Doing Editing For 0.03 A Line?
Feb 15, 2011

Is it possible to make any money doing editing for 0.03 a line?  I was offered a position with them and it is 90-95% editing.  I have never done editing before and am just wondering if it is something that is worth trying.  It is only part-time.  I have been trying to find something, but I am not having any luck.  TIA ...

Line Counts - Type A Certain Number Of Lines Per Day
Sep 01, 2010

Right now I work doing transcription but have never had to type a certain number of lines per day.  We just have to have our work done in a timely manner.....24-48 hours.  I am looking at taking a job where they require 1000-1200 lines per day working FT hours and am curious how long that would take typically?  I am not the fastest typist in the world and don't want to get in over my head.  If I can't work overtime and need to get that many lines done, it concerns me.  For tho ...

Voice Recognition - Less Money Per Line, But Less Lines To Type!
Jun 10, 2010

Just accepted a position that is mostly VR.  I am looking forward to it because I figure, less money per line, but less lines to type!  Am I wrong?  I mean, shouldn't you be able to do more using VR?  Just curious as to opinions.  Because I'm all for it if it means less typing.  Thanks! ...

TO SHDAs. U Dont Get Line Ct Credit For All Lines Edited. U Only
Oct 07, 2014

x ...

Can You Recommend An Accurate Line Counting Program For Gross Lines?
Mar 10, 2010

I have been using MPCount for several years but recently upgraded to a new laptop & it will not work on it - incompatible. I tried out their new trial version of MPTools but it does not count my gross lines the same & I would be losing more $ than I would like with it. There is something programmed into the newer version that counts differently somehow. (That was even confirmed with the person who produced this program.) Are there any other line counting software programs out t ...

Line Counts - When Figuring Lines, Do Most People Include Spaces?
Jul 24, 2012

When figuring lines, do most people include spaces? ...

98.9 Equals No Incentive
Aug 02, 2012

So I check Feisa and there is a "C" graded report.....I'm fed up.  What do you put for feedback? Here is what I sent: " Well, I give up. There is not a human being alive who can be 100% for 100% of the time or even 98%  for 100% of the time.  I don't make errors on purpose. This job is too tedious and detail oriented to stare at the computer screen for 8 hours a day and not make some mistakes. I am not a machine. I shall continue to do my work to the best of m ...

8 Cpl As IC Equals ? As An Employee? 6 Cpl
Dec 02, 2013

It's been a long time since I've been an IC and I'm trying to decide if it's even worth it. I am an employee now making the whopping 8 cpl, but I do run out of work all the time....   Thanks. ...

26 Meds Equals 25 Commas To Add
May 10, 2013

Yet, they refuse to get why ASR can take longer than straight typing. ...

Pain All Over Mostly Pointing To His--equals--
Mar 07, 2014

Speech wreck of a very clear dictator.  Getting worse every day!  No wonder I can't make minimum wage, tho I used to have no problem doing that with this company. ...

Taking PTO Equals Punishment.
Apr 14, 2014

Isn't it enough that they strip our pay down to near minimum wage? Using even 1 or 2 hours of PTO in a week will cause one's weekly incentive to fall. Can't they give us even one little break, like make the weekly incentive a daily incentive like in the olden days? Come on, CEOs, please give us a little crumb here. We're falling fast. I personally am down about $25K per year. How can that be? I'm a good worker, or I should say I used to be a good worker until FIESA came ...

No Work Equals Stressful Day
Dec 26, 2014

With work just barely trickling in, it was enough to keep me from OOW status but the outcome has been a lot of stress. I was stuck doing an account I've never seen, reviewing a ton of specs, going over the report many, many times to clean up any blanks/issues, and looked up so many old notes to get the right wording and format that literally my right hand is numb from mouse use. My effort to still provide the best quality I can resulted in barely anything completed in that time, a laughab ...

Payment
Sep 14, 2010

I am very upset right now.  I just got an e-mail stating that my checkwill be late for a week. I have looked long and hard to find a MT job and work my "buns" off to keep it.  I  am very frustrated, but also feel stuck. I know how hard the MT jobs are to find....like to have never got this one.  My question is what do you say to someone who tells you that? My employer is a small contract transcription company and I am the only person who does the work for him/her. A ...

TTD - Payment
Sep 15, 2011

How long does it usually take for you to receive your check from TTD through the mail?  I know it depends on where you live, but I live on the west coast and TTD is located in CA, so I am thinking it shouldn't take that long for the check to get to me if it was sent out Monday the latest.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

Payment Advice - Please Help!!
Nov 12, 2009

I need some advice on what to do. I have been working for a service since last July and its been pretty good since but now and then my checks were coming late - sometimes a week late. Lately this has been pretty much happening the last several paytimes, such as now, as I am waiting for my check from the end of October. I have been emailing but not getting any response as to even acknowledege the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to go about handling this and if there is someone I ...

Makeup Payment?
Apr 20, 2011

Anybody else have a "makeup payment" amount included in their pay check?  These checks are SOOOO confusing.  Anyone know where they include any shift differential amount?  Thanks. ...

Payment For ADT Info
Jun 06, 2011

Does anyone else get paid for the info they enter in to ADT?  I found out recently that we do not...... ...

Make-up Payment
Aug 10, 2011

I've noticed this Make up payment field in my extraordinarily confusing paystub LOL.  What the heck is that? I think it may actually be bringing me up to minimum wage because I live in MA and its higher than the feds.  anybody know?   ...