A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Swapboard - what a joke - I smell BS

Posted: Apr 13, 2010

I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way about the swapboard; that it is crap for a FT employee.  It seems to serve the PT employees well though, because they can readily pick up more hours.

I wanted to swap a shift for Saturday hours.  There was a shift the exact amount of time I needed on the Sunday prior, so I thought it would be perfect.  I was wrong.  CCM said that we are responsible for our shift, and that we are not approved OT, (meaning that I cannot take that shift hoping that mine will be picked up), so unless someone takes my shift, I cannot swap for another, being that I am already FT (at 40 hours).  This means if someone does not claim my shift by the Sunday preceeding, which is the only time I have availble due to FT hours, etc, then I cannot swap.  How does this help me?  In the past I could always ask the CCM to swap, and it was always okay to do so, much easier.

Maybe I am not understanding this correctly?

Is it good for them - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Is it good for them, because they can clear out the backlog using PT employees, so they do not have to OT?

That is how I interpret it. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

If you are FT, can you pick up a shift in order - Tired

[ In Reply To ..]
to make up missed hours due to NJA?

I'm guessing that is the way it has to be done now so that we aren't locked out when we aren't scheduled. Unless you just ask your CCM to let you in so you can make up hours.

Shoot, in my BOB, work has been next to nothing lately. I'm not going to make it like this. Just ran out of work today....again.

When you pick up a shift, does your CCM - have to manually unlock you

[ In Reply To ..]
in order for you to get jobs? That will probably never happen in a timely manner.

No. Per CCM, if you pick up a shift - Tired

[ In Reply To ..]
it will automatically update your schedule so you can work. Our Swap board doesn't go live until tomorrow.

I'm hoping to use it to make up time I have missed due to NJA....a lot.
what region are you in? nm - qb
[ In Reply To ..]
x
South. What used to be SA3 - Tired
[ In Reply To ..]
z
Don't count on it - sm - Confuzzeled
[ In Reply To ..]
I picked up a shift for tomorrow day (my day off) to try to make up some work lost during maintenance. What happens tonight when I log on? NJA - there goes another 4 hours down the toilet. :o(

Similar Messages:

NJA Again - Swapboard Has Hardly Anything
Jun 02, 2010

to claim - maybe 1 or 2 shifts with 1 or 2 hours - what the ____ is MQ thinking?  I'm taking my time without pay because I'm NOT using my precious (I hardly get any) PTO that I intend to use for a vacation this summer and you can't make it up because there's nothing on the swapboard!!!  Aaah, feel better now that I've vented. ...

Swapboard - Come On People And Use It
May 17, 2010

I have been trying to use the swapboard to flex my schedule around and seems like nobody is using it but a couple of people.  I am a Tier III.  I am just writing this to see if more people can use this and would like to know why no one is using it to move their schedules around instead of missing or using PTO or making up time which makes you feel like you are working every day of your life.  Please your thoughts? ...

Swapboard - Are Any Regions Using It??????
May 28, 2010

I am in the north region and no one is using the Swapboard except me, which does not do me any good!!  What is going on???  Any other regions actively using it??? ...

Teamwork Swapboard
Apr 20, 2012

I need to make up some hours this weekend.  My CCM is on PTO so I can't ask her.  So the fill in CCM said to pick up hours on the swapboard.  But when I go there, there is no shifts to pick up... anywhere, not just the day I want to work.  So I looked through my emails because last week my CCM sent out instructions to use the swapboard and it is the old swapboard instructions where the links are on the left column of the screen.  The swapboard is in the top heading ...

Posting Swapboard
Apr 27, 2012

I am new to MModal. I need to post 5 hours on one of my Sundays to work to see if anyone will cover those. My CCM said I needed to post on swapboard. I can get to swapboard but I don't see anything on there to click for posting. I have went through my paperwork and can't find anything other than what swapboard is for, not posting on it. Thanks in advance for your help! ...

Swapboard Coming Soon...
Nov 26, 2014

I just got word that they're going to be using the swapboard soon.  Has anyone ever used that and can you tell me anything about it?  I'm just curious if it's going to be a good thing or a bad thing.  Thanks in advance for your help! ...

Does Anybody Even Understand The Swapboard
Apr 06, 2015

It just confuses me.  ...

Any Successful Swapboard Studies?
Apr 27, 2010

I have avoided it so far, but due to taking on a second job, I may need to take an hour here or there.  Has it worked for anyone when you are just looking for an hour or 2 at a time? ...

SwapBoard - How Does This Whole Thing Work?
May 10, 2010

I have a few questions about the SwapBoard.  I missed our conference call.  So your supervisor doesn't approve your time off anymore?  From what I understand, if you need a day off, you post your shift on the SwapBoard and hope that someone picks it up?  How does this whole thing work?  TIA. ...

Whatever Happened To This Swapboard Thing?
Dec 07, 2010

Whatever happened to this swapboard thing?  Everytime I go in to check it there are no dates/times there to swap.  Is anybody else using this?  I wanted to try to swap some hours for next Sunday to go to X-mas church service.  Sent 2 emails to supervisor and a phone call and have gotten no response in 2 weeks - that's ridiculous. So, is it up and running or not? ...

Swapboard - How To Give Away Shift?
Jan 28, 2011

I know how to claim a shift using the swapboard, but how do I give away a shift? I can't figure it out by looking at the swapboard and the "help" doesn't tell me how either. Can someone walk me through it please?  Thank you in advance. ...

Is This A Joke Or What ?
Feb 16, 2010

I received an email the other day and it read "I was wondering if you would be interested in typing for a neurosurgeon" with a copy of my resume posted on the bottom.  My reply back was "I would need the specifics, the company you are affiliated with, etc - I do have 17 plus years experience with neurology so it is probably something I would be interested in, but send more info, and then I will forward my phone number if necessary."  The reply back from the unknown sender was "I have m ...

MT Job A Joke
Apr 29, 2010

Does your spouse or significant other consider your job to be a joke, especially now that we have seen so many changes in the industry?  I feel that my husband views my job this way.    ...

What A Joke!
Apr 05, 2011

I was offered to test for a company at 0.05 line without spaces based on 43-character line.  This was an IC position.  I guess after taxes, I would be paying the company to work! ...

VR Is A Joke.
Jul 19, 2012

I work twice as many hours and make half the pay, at best.  I don't understand why they would cut our pay for VR when in reality it takes longer when you have to deal with editing and formatting.  ...

TSM Is A Joke
Oct 28, 2014

First, TSM says no changes to accounts. Then without warning main account goes POOF. She then makes up excuse after excuse, blah, blah, blah. The woman can't use grammar or punctuation to save her life. Been with her a while now and she never, EVER answers the phone. She says she is making conference calls but never have I ever received a single phone call. Too bad she still has a job.  ...

7.6...what A Joke
Jan 16, 2015

7.6 is the BIGGEST JOKE they could play on us.  The ONLY good thing is the age.  Otherwise, they took away valuable info from us to help us find names or patients that the doctors with thick accents don't slow down and speak clearly for us to hear.  Plus, the dictionary?  Another big joke.  But keep up your line counts, keep up on your 99,000 POD client list, and definitely your quality! KISS MY GRITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Hospital Pay--is This A JOKE?
Dec 30, 2009

Okay, so halfway out of curiosity, I applied to my local hospital, which is a large regional hospital, for an MT job.  They wanted a "seasoned" MT with CMT, who transcribes 250 lines an hour.  Okay, I thought, they might actually compensate better than I think since they have well-defined high standards.  WRONG!  They are offering $11.35 AN HOUR!  What a slap in the face!  You get a whole extra dollar if you work 2nd shift.  What an insult--they just have ...

Benchmark ??? What A Joke
Apr 02, 2010

Okay this Benchmark is fine. but the time it takes to look things up, its time to move onto another report. I am not being paid enough to spend time looking through this. ...

The ASR Joke Is On Us - Another Funny But Sad
Jul 14, 2010

Dictated:  She appeared cachectic... ASR:  She appeard tic-tac-toe... It would be funnier if ASR wasn't getting worse by the day!  Sighhhhhh - not much longer now. ...

Alpha - What A Joke
Feb 19, 2011

7.5 cpl for VBC - thanx but no thanx.  Do they think they are hiring MTs from out of the US with these wages?  Not this MT, that's for sure. Flat out refused prior to interview once rate was made known. ...

Diskritter = A JOKE
Mar 15, 2011

YOU MIGHT AS WELL WORK FOR FREE WORKING FOR THEM! ...

FIESA SUCH A JOKE
Jul 23, 2013

Definitely going to start looking for a new job.  I love my TL and really love what I do, but I have gone from being a 99.5 to 100% accurate to now cannot get above 98% thanks to all their 0.25 off for not having a semicolon instead of a comma, or leaving out the or an, so much for verbatim.  I either put in something and am told not to or leave something out because it isn't dictated and am told I should put it in.  Can't win for losing I guess.  They are slowly er ...

MModal Is A JOKE
Oct 25, 2013

M*Modal is advertising on MTjobs for transcriptionists.  Please, please, please do not work for this company.  They are a joke.  They fired so many of their good transcriptionists who had years of employment with them, passed all QA's with 98% or above, and have been very true, loyal employees.  They will do the same with you.  They will send all their work to India where they pay peanuts.  They advertise with all their bull about integrity, respect, focus and ...

TeletrakMT - WHAT A JOKE!!!
Dec 20, 2013

You want the skill and knowledge of a certified MT, but you want to pay 7 cpl and NOTPAYFORSPACES!!!!  Plus you have to pay your own taxes as an IC and get your own health insurance, and never get a paid vacation or a paid holiday.  Where do I sign up??!?!?!  I'd go work at McDonald's first, at least I'd get a vacation and probably health insurance, and maybe even a free burger for lunch.     What's wrong with these companies????   ...

TransTech Is A Joke
Apr 30, 2014

TransTech is a joke. Their QA staff is the most anal group of people I've ever dealt with.  They were rude and condescending in their feedback and the pay was horrible.  What a disappointment of a company.  Now I know why they are always advertising! ...

Hahaha.... VR Is A Joke...
Apr 14, 2015

When you try to do some DIY home improvements or remodeling, and you screw things up, the contractor charges you More for fixing what you did in addition to completing the job.I feel that way about VR...  ...

6 Cents A Line...MT Is Becoming A Joke
Oct 18, 2010

There is a new job posting for 6 cents a line....this field of work is becoming more unappealing every day; to think I have given this field 37 years of my life including weekends and holidays, I have never taken such big step backwards.  Barely making minimum wage these days.  I remember the good old days..... ...

Ipswitch Is A HUGE JOKE
Apr 24, 2013

I can't get to anything but the first page of my inbox.  Oops, now can't even get that. Maybe I'll sit here and work on my Quality essay. ...

Nuance Incentive/bonus Pay A Joke?
Jun 22, 2011

I know it was just asked how they figure out their bonus, but I am concerned because I found recent posts that say the lines are "weighted", and their own ad says "quality based" incentive program. Another poster alluded to comma nuts that QA you to death so that you end up with little to no available lines for incentive. Is there anyone out there who has had a recent experience with this who could enlighten those of us who have been sold out? What I am concerned about is that it sounds like you ...