A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

SwapBoard - How does this whole thing work? - MrsNice

Posted: May 10, 2010

I have a few questions about the SwapBoard.  I missed our conference call.  So your supervisor doesn't approve your time off anymore?  From what I understand, if you need a day off, you post your shift on the SwapBoard and hope that someone picks it up?  How does this whole thing work?  TIA.

What SA is this for - how do you use PTO then

[ In Reply To ..]
Also, what about an emergency and you need time off instantly?

SwapBoard - MrsNice

[ In Reply To ..]
It is for SA2. I am PT, and I don't have any PTO.

Similar Messages:

Whatever Happened To This Swapboard Thing?
Dec 07, 2010

Whatever happened to this swapboard thing?  Everytime I go in to check it there are no dates/times there to swap.  Is anybody else using this?  I wanted to try to swap some hours for next Sunday to go to X-mas church service.  Sent 2 emails to supervisor and a phone call and have gotten no response in 2 weeks - that's ridiculous. So, is it up and running or not? ...

NJA Again - Swapboard Has Hardly Anything
Jun 02, 2010

to claim - maybe 1 or 2 shifts with 1 or 2 hours - what the ____ is MQ thinking?  I'm taking my time without pay because I'm NOT using my precious (I hardly get any) PTO that I intend to use for a vacation this summer and you can't make it up because there's nothing on the swapboard!!!  Aaah, feel better now that I've vented. ...

Swapboard - What A Joke
Apr 13, 2010

I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way about the swapboard; that it is crap for a FT employee.  It seems to serve the PT employees well though, because they can readily pick up more hours. I wanted to swap a shift for Saturday hours.  There was a shift the exact amount of time I needed on the Sunday prior, so I thought it would be perfect.  I was wrong.  CCM said that we are responsible for our shift, and that we are not approved OT, (meaning that I cannot take tha ...

Swapboard - Come On People And Use It
May 17, 2010

I have been trying to use the swapboard to flex my schedule around and seems like nobody is using it but a couple of people.  I am a Tier III.  I am just writing this to see if more people can use this and would like to know why no one is using it to move their schedules around instead of missing or using PTO or making up time which makes you feel like you are working every day of your life.  Please your thoughts? ...

Swapboard - Are Any Regions Using It??????
May 28, 2010

I am in the north region and no one is using the Swapboard except me, which does not do me any good!!  What is going on???  Any other regions actively using it??? ...

Teamwork Swapboard
Apr 20, 2012

I need to make up some hours this weekend.  My CCM is on PTO so I can't ask her.  So the fill in CCM said to pick up hours on the swapboard.  But when I go there, there is no shifts to pick up... anywhere, not just the day I want to work.  So I looked through my emails because last week my CCM sent out instructions to use the swapboard and it is the old swapboard instructions where the links are on the left column of the screen.  The swapboard is in the top heading ...

Posting Swapboard
Apr 27, 2012

I am new to MModal. I need to post 5 hours on one of my Sundays to work to see if anyone will cover those. My CCM said I needed to post on swapboard. I can get to swapboard but I don't see anything on there to click for posting. I have went through my paperwork and can't find anything other than what swapboard is for, not posting on it. Thanks in advance for your help! ...

Swapboard Coming Soon...
Nov 26, 2014

I just got word that they're going to be using the swapboard soon.  Has anyone ever used that and can you tell me anything about it?  I'm just curious if it's going to be a good thing or a bad thing.  Thanks in advance for your help! ...

Does Anybody Even Understand The Swapboard
Apr 06, 2015

It just confuses me.  ...

Any Successful Swapboard Studies?
Apr 27, 2010

I have avoided it so far, but due to taking on a second job, I may need to take an hour here or there.  Has it worked for anyone when you are just looking for an hour or 2 at a time? ...

Swapboard - How To Give Away Shift?
Jan 28, 2011

I know how to claim a shift using the swapboard, but how do I give away a shift? I can't figure it out by looking at the swapboard and the "help" doesn't tell me how either. Can someone walk me through it please?  Thank you in advance. ...

One More Thing!
Mar 11, 2010

Just one more thought.  I have never, ever, known anyone who has left Medquist or Spheris and regretted it.  They may bounce back and forth just to get by, but in the long run, when they are finally finished, they are finished.  For all of those MTs who don't want to start over, please don't take that attitude.  I did and it only got worse and when I did change it wasn't that bad at all.  Again, could it get any worse?  ...

And Another Thing...........
Mar 15, 2010

Not that I'm not glad it was an increase rather than a pay cut, but I think for a lot of us this "raise" is going to just even us out for when he start getting docked pay April 1.  Funny that this "raise" is starting April 1, isn't it?  ...

I Did The Right Thing It Seems
May 02, 2010

Now I know I did the right thing in not only leaving the Q but leaving the field altogether.  I had another physical last week and my blood pressure was back down to 120/70, and my doctor was very happy when he learned I had quit. They wasted no time in sending me labels to ship the computer back, though.  Oh well.. they don't want the monitor, or mouse, or keyboard, so I'm keeping those! ...

Is L5 On S1 The Same Thing As L5-S1
Dec 30, 2010

In half the report the doc says L5-S1, the other half he says L5 on S1.  Is this the same thing?  ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Do That PSA Thing?
May 12, 2011

I clicked on each of the highlighted areas in the e-mail, but where do you go to set this up? I must be needing more coffee or something.  I just dont get it.  Read it 3 times now. ...

I Tell You One Thing That I Know For Certain
Jun 17, 2013

If this dictator says, "peeeeeeeeeeeeriod" one more flippin time, I am going to scream as loud as I possibly can and then punch the daylights out of this monitor! ...

Is There Such A Thing As
Jul 13, 2013

Urine welkenton?  Not sure of spelling, since I'm not sure it's really a word.  They could also be saying welkington.  That's what the dictation sounds like and I've listened to it several times on numerous days.  Can't find a reference to it anywhere and I've tried many variations.  Wondering if it's a really old term or if I'm completely misunderstanding.   Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ...

One More Thing Before I Go
Nov 23, 2013

I do believe now that they are starting to target those of us who were making 10/6.  In the past, on my old accounts, I was audited no more than once a month.  If I failed an occasional audit, they would wait another month to see how I did on that one and since I always passed, no action was taken.  There was also no action after I took more than the allowable time off.  Then, at the beginning of November, I was moved to another BOB.  After being on the account for less ...

I Tried To Do The Right Thing But....
Dec 12, 2014

I just can't stick it out 2 weeks :(   Every job I type just stresses me out more and more.  I am to the point that I don't care if I get my 20 hours PTO I have built up.   I am emailing back and forth with my TSM right now and it sounds like she is reading off a script!  "Take each report as they come and try to do your best to prevent errors"  No $%^& lady!!  Does she think we don't know that?????  ARRRGGH I am so beyond frustrate ...

And Here's One Other Thing!
Apr 01, 2015

Just had a doctor dictate "potassium 40 mg," (should have been mEq) and then further down, "Levemir 40 mg" (should have been units). If I had not left blanks for them, that would have been 6 points off. It also compelled me to use my allotment of blanks for that report! But they, of course, do not get penalized for their mistakes. On the other hand, our pay is docked. There is a double standard here that needs to be changed. ...

Is There Such A Thing As Wetzler?
Mar 01, 2010

The sentence is ... The ---- was normal to slightly below average. It sounds like wetzler...i did research but I can't find the correct way to spell it.. ...

Would That TAA Thing Cover Something Like This?
Mar 27, 2010

The university down the street will be offering an undergraduate degree in Arabic.  It is one of only 3 offer in this country.  Now THAT ought to be useful.  Sometimes, if you already have an undergraduate degree, they let you skip the basics and finish in 2 yrs.  I would certainly consider that, especially since there appears to be no end in sight to our troubles with Arab-speaking countries. ...

I Love Getting NJA First Thing And Then
Aug 19, 2010

and right at the LAST MINUTE, ONE job comes in.  You type it and then have to sit for another 15 minutes. Rinse, repeat. ...

Is There Such Thing As QA By The Hour
Aug 27, 2010

Are there companies that pay to do QA hourly?  If so where are they and who?  I do QA now and work 15 hours a day for less than $100 ...

OMG! This May Just Be The Most Annoying Thing
Oct 20, 2010

that I have had in a dictation, and I am sure that the dictator (PA-C)  is annoyed as well.  It's always annoying when she chitty-chats with the "girls in the office" while dictating, but in this dictation, one of the girls is mocking back everything the dictator says and continues to do so, after a little chuckle from dictator each time, to the point where the dictator finally has to tell her that this is important, it is for an attorney and she cannot mess it up.  ...

Is An MRI And MR Arthrogram The Same Thing
Nov 18, 2010

nm ...

And Another Thing About That DQS Productivity BS...
Nov 30, 2010

Gross Lines?  Net Lines?  What exactly does that mean.  Should net lines be more?  If I really average what they say I do, I should be making 27/hour???  I times the net lines by my rate = 27.  Well, that is for SURE not the case.  I only wish.  And what difference does it make whether we use the mouse or not IF that is the most efficient way?  Will their ridiculousness never cease to amaze me?  ...

Is There Such Thing As An Eye Gram?
Jan 26, 2011

....his eye gram reveals flat optic disks.... ...

Is There Such A Thing As 4++/5 Strength
Mar 24, 2011

I've heard of 4+/5, and he just used that for strength in the upper extremity, but then he said 4++/5 strength of the lower extremity.  Is there such a thing as ++ or do you think he just accidentally said it twice.  I'm not finding anything anywhere.   Thx. mt ...