A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

swapboard - come on people and use it - strawberrymt

Posted: May 17, 2010

I have been trying to use the swapboard to flex my schedule around and seems like nobody is using it but a couple of people.  I am a Tier III.  I am just writing this to see if more people can use this and would like to know why no one is using it to move their schedules around instead of missing or using PTO or making up time which makes you feel like you are working every day of your life.  Please your thoughts?

Swapboard - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It's not available in our area yet.

swap board no good for FT people - NE MT

[ In Reply To ..]
As a FT MT I get an error message every time I try to pick up a shift (can't go over 40!) and the only way for me to swap shifts is to place a shift first on the board, wait for it to get claimed (which it never does) and then pick up a different shift. It is just easier as a FT person to use PTO. The swap board is yet another MQ invention that looked good on paper but in reality is anything but. Plus, our CCM has been disabling our swap board here lately because nobody was claiming shifts when OT was offered. Personally I hope it goes away.

i picked up extra hours every week since it started - aquamarine

[ In Reply To ..]
but this week posted 2 of my own shifts, but it doesn't look like anybody else wants them. However, I do hope it stays, becuase I like to be able to work more hours than my schedule without going to FT

I am frustrated with it too. - MT39

[ In Reply To ..]
I have never had a shift picked up either. I have even split my shifts hoping people would be able to pick up smaller portions, like a 2 hour shift. I like the idea of the swapboard, but until people use it, it is worthless. I even try to get on to claim other people's shifts just to get used to it and hope others will do the same, but no such luck. If I find a 1 hour shift I try to take it. But I think it is our morale right now, I think it is pretty low. I feel beat up by MQ right now.

I love picking up extra time but none to pick up!! - Ang

[ In Reply To ..]
I was able to pick up extra work several times in April, but in May, no one is using it... except me, and no one is picking up anything I put on swap board. One was 2 hours, another 3 hours??? MT39, I wish you were on my Swapboard. I would be picking up some of yours hours, because that is what I am looking for - a few hours here and there. I hope the Swapboard works out. I was really excited last month and enjoyed using it and then all of a sudden this month no activity on Swapboard. What a shame!
Swap Board not too good - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I split a shift and posted it to the swap board, and no one claimed it. I had a meeting to go to that day, so my supervisor made it where I could go pick my hours for that day, and it took me between 6 am and 8 pm to get in my hours because of the way the shifts were available. I had to work 6-7, 8-9, 1-3, 3-4 and 6-8. That was really inconvenient when I could have worked 6-9:30 and then 12:30-4 if the shifts were broken down better for claiming.

I have two appointments coming up the second week of June, but my June schedule is not available yet in TeamWork. It may work better if our schedules were in the system earlier so we can post shifts earlier.
next time that happens extend your shift 15 minutes - NE MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I totally get your frustration, believe me. My CCM told us we are allowed to punch in 15 minutes early and 15 minutes past (technically when lockdown happens no more reports will download after your end time). So for your 1 hour swap board hour you are allowed to stretch that into 1 hour and 30 minutes if you play the system right. Plus sometimes you might just get a big long report downloaded as you are ready to be done and it might take you 30 minutes to finish- you never know :) then you would be ready to punch in 15 minutes early for the next swap board hour. While it still wouldn't have helped entirely with your situation maybe you would have been able to "close the gaps" and not have had to use an entire day to get your hours in. Unbelievable! Like you had nothing else to do but sit in front of your computer waiting to punch in for your next hour shift.
Thanks! - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I will try that. I figure it will get better as we get used to it (like all the other changes I have been through with MQ).

Similar Messages:

NJA Again - Swapboard Has Hardly Anything
Jun 02, 2010

to claim - maybe 1 or 2 shifts with 1 or 2 hours - what the ____ is MQ thinking?  I'm taking my time without pay because I'm NOT using my precious (I hardly get any) PTO that I intend to use for a vacation this summer and you can't make it up because there's nothing on the swapboard!!!  Aaah, feel better now that I've vented. ...

Swapboard - What A Joke
Apr 13, 2010

I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way about the swapboard; that it is crap for a FT employee.  It seems to serve the PT employees well though, because they can readily pick up more hours. I wanted to swap a shift for Saturday hours.  There was a shift the exact amount of time I needed on the Sunday prior, so I thought it would be perfect.  I was wrong.  CCM said that we are responsible for our shift, and that we are not approved OT, (meaning that I cannot take tha ...

Swapboard - Are Any Regions Using It??????
May 28, 2010

I am in the north region and no one is using the Swapboard except me, which does not do me any good!!  What is going on???  Any other regions actively using it??? ...

Teamwork Swapboard
Apr 20, 2012

I need to make up some hours this weekend.  My CCM is on PTO so I can't ask her.  So the fill in CCM said to pick up hours on the swapboard.  But when I go there, there is no shifts to pick up... anywhere, not just the day I want to work.  So I looked through my emails because last week my CCM sent out instructions to use the swapboard and it is the old swapboard instructions where the links are on the left column of the screen.  The swapboard is in the top heading ...

Posting Swapboard
Apr 27, 2012

I am new to MModal. I need to post 5 hours on one of my Sundays to work to see if anyone will cover those. My CCM said I needed to post on swapboard. I can get to swapboard but I don't see anything on there to click for posting. I have went through my paperwork and can't find anything other than what swapboard is for, not posting on it. Thanks in advance for your help! ...

Swapboard Coming Soon...
Nov 26, 2014

I just got word that they're going to be using the swapboard soon.  Has anyone ever used that and can you tell me anything about it?  I'm just curious if it's going to be a good thing or a bad thing.  Thanks in advance for your help! ...

Does Anybody Even Understand The Swapboard
Apr 06, 2015

It just confuses me.  ...

Any Successful Swapboard Studies?
Apr 27, 2010

I have avoided it so far, but due to taking on a second job, I may need to take an hour here or there.  Has it worked for anyone when you are just looking for an hour or 2 at a time? ...

SwapBoard - How Does This Whole Thing Work?
May 10, 2010

I have a few questions about the SwapBoard.  I missed our conference call.  So your supervisor doesn't approve your time off anymore?  From what I understand, if you need a day off, you post your shift on the SwapBoard and hope that someone picks it up?  How does this whole thing work?  TIA. ...

Whatever Happened To This Swapboard Thing?
Dec 07, 2010

Whatever happened to this swapboard thing?  Everytime I go in to check it there are no dates/times there to swap.  Is anybody else using this?  I wanted to try to swap some hours for next Sunday to go to X-mas church service.  Sent 2 emails to supervisor and a phone call and have gotten no response in 2 weeks - that's ridiculous. So, is it up and running or not? ...

Swapboard - How To Give Away Shift?
Jan 28, 2011

I know how to claim a shift using the swapboard, but how do I give away a shift? I can't figure it out by looking at the swapboard and the "help" doesn't tell me how either. Can someone walk me through it please?  Thank you in advance. ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

How Are There People With No Work, And People On
Jul 17, 2013

We have helper pools for a reason!  Sounds like some TSMs need to get to work. ...

MDI-MD VR People Here?
Oct 21, 2009

I'm curious.  Any MTs willing to discuss how they like Escription and are working for MDI-MD/Transcend?  ...

DId MDI P.r.n. People Get A Pay Cut Too? Nm
Nov 24, 2009

s ...

MQ People
Sep 10, 2010

I usually come to this forum for good, solid, BRUTALLY HONEST opinon and help.  I have seen this field deteriorate over the years and got to wondering if the suits at MQ have any idea how long some of us have done this work and how poorly they are treating highly qualified, experiences MTs.  I am very curious to see how many years of experience we have.  I personally have 28 years experience and for the past 3 years have not brought in more than 20K.   When I used ...

To All Of You QA People.
Feb 08, 2011

I know this is a little thing, but after 2 years it is a little annoying.  Why do you ask MTs to look up physician names and addresses that are not in the database and to send to QA?  You NEVER enter them into the system, not once.  I have kept a list of physician names and addresses that we frequently use that are not in the database.  I send them to QA every time, requesting that they be entered.  I wonder what your response would be if we sent it blank?  Just a l ...

People Think I Have No Job....
Jul 08, 2011

Okay, four years of doing transcription and it's been four years of people calling all day to chat, wanting me to go do this and that, etc.  I've tried over and over to explain to them to not drop by because I'm WORKING! Have any of you had to get down right rude to make people understand?  Husband also doesn't seem to get it since he mentions "you're at home all day." Ugh. ...

Why Are People So Mean Lately?
Jan 08, 2012

without somebody jumping on you or making fun of you or being spelling police or telling you that's the way business operates so suck it up or go somewhere else. All that hate can't be good for you, but Flame Away!!  ...

Twice As Many People
Dec 26, 2012

typing as there are jobs to be picked up on my account, and we are told via email to work on shortest TAT.  Good grief.  The account will be clear in 5 minutes anyway.  Management is a bit irritating sometimes. ...

Do People Know What An MT Is When You Tell Them?
Jan 25, 2013

It's crazy to me that people do not even know what medical transcriptionists do most of the time.  When people ask me what I do and I tell them transcription, it never fails that they say "What is that?"  I tell them that I type what the doctor says and they say, "What does he say?"  It's crazy that nobody ever wonders how when they ask for medical records they get neatly typed pages from their doc instead of handwritten chicken scratch.  Even when I do explain it, ...

Do They Ever Just Lay People Off?
Jan 29, 2013

Has anyone ever been laid off or do they just expect their employees to quit?  No steady work here in our BOB since October, worse since Christmas.  Even today when work started picking up I still ended up 3 hours short.  I have asked for a transfer and have been denied.  I was told to make up my hours on Saturdays, but last week I was short 20 hours.  That makes for one long Saturday especially when there was no work on Saturday.  So I filed for part ...

99.6?! Obviously These People Really Know Nothing About MT.
Jun 03, 2013

x ...

Any Former DSG People
Jul 06, 2013

I'm just curious if any of the DSG victims who were bought out by MM are still with MM. I had quit MM (MQ at the time) years earlier to go with DSG, only to get slammed back into MQ/MM when they bought out DSG. I quit MM after 8 months of the buy-out. It was my goal from day one of the buy-out and I finally succeeded in getting out of MT completely. ...

Now All Those People Who Would Have
Aug 23, 2013

will be in there working, and that can mean only one thing. This whole thing is about to MPlode. ...

Any Ex DSG People Here?
Feb 23, 2014

Ooops, I accidentally posted this under a reply to something else, so here goes again. Any ex-DSG people here? After 15 years, I finally had left MQ to go to DSG, then got thrown back into MQ/MM 2 years later when they bought out DSGs medical transcription department. I left MT completely after that fiasco. I trusted no company after that mess and decided leaving MT was the smartest thing to do. Just wondering if any of you Ex-DSGers are still working for MM, and if not, what are you doing ...

Too Many People In The Pot Here
Apr 09, 2014

I have a TSM, who I never hear from. Wonder what she does? I have a QA lead that I hear from when I screw up, then there is another one that does quality updates, what the is that anyway and why do I care? And then there is the one that sends out daily backlogs that also mean NOTHING to me in the grand scheme of life. Seems maybe we could trim the fat if we held maybe 2 people accountable to do their stinking jobs instead of 4. Not to mention the ones in the even higher positions that I ha ...

TTS People...
Apr 25, 2014

If anyone who works for TTS can help me, I would appreciate it. I've been there 3 weeks and I am actually happy working there. But .... I am super paranoid about sticking to 8 hours per day because I was warned that OT is not allowed unless expressly offered and only after I am off the orientation team and on the production team.  So I am being really careful about my active platform time but I wonder if I'm being TOO careful. I mean if I end up working 8 hours 10 minutes instead ...

Were Are The QA People
May 05, 2014

Kidney disease is stage 1, 2, etc. Roman numerals are no longer used..yet every report I check on this person in docqumanage has roman numerals. ...

People Should Know
Oct 16, 2014

Has anyone ever thought of contacting the national media to let the nation as a whole know where their medical records are going and who is doing them and that fact that people have died because of wrong medications, etc.?  I thing most Americans would be surprised and pissed to find out that their private medical information is ending up in India.  They might not care as much about our wages and what is happening to our jobs, but I think they would care about where their personal info ...